VN Ren'Py Abandoned Master Rune [v0.3] [LizardsFromSpace]

4.60 star(s) 17 Votes

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I've already thought this might be a good use for the chaos/discipline system in the future. Perhaps maintaining a 50/50 ratio will unlock the harem path or something. Chaotic enough to fuck multiple women... disciplined enough to fuck multiple women... makes sense to me.
I just started playing this game (I have not gotten very far), but if you do make decision like this, it would be a good idea to let people know early since this might affect how they play (if they go for the harem route). In my opinion, it would be best to decide this sooner rather than later.

Anyway, at the end of the day, this is a fantasy game, so if you go the harem and/or poly routes, it does not need all the drama like you said (if the MC very powerful, it could be easy adding a harem since that scenario is fairly common in history).

That is just my 2 cents.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Glad you enjoyed it. Harem is definitely not a no. However, I'll say it's gonna take some finagling on my part to make it work. I've been in a polyamorous relationship IRL, and I'll tell ya, that shit was all drama all the time. I can't even imagine being in a relationship with 5+ people simultaneously. That, and I'm just not a fan of quick, everybody-is-totally-cool-for-some-reason harems, so if I'm gonna do it I'd like to try doing the concept justice. Not to say it should or would be all melodrama or anything, but most normal people have barriers against the very idea of sharing their partner, so the writing should at least somewhat reflect that imo.

I've already thought this might be a good use for the chaos/discipline system in the future. Perhaps maintaining a 50/50 ratio will unlock the harem path or something. Chaotic enough to fuck multiple women... disciplined enough to fuck multiple women... makes sense to me.
Oof... well, so much for having expectations just because the MC doesn't care what society thinks. You might want to give an actual, concrete plans for harem or if it ain't, tell us directly if its gonna be polyamorous or just single girl endings.

Just so early in on the game, people can actually decide if they want to continue playing or adjust their choices to get a particular or outright stop playing altogether.

This is a must, for the eventual time that a walkthrough will be needed.

For me, I'm always in for harems not polyamory. Drama and hardships is fine, but it must be a harem not polyamory. So there's that, another perspective.

LizardsFromSpace

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
It's my bad for writing a misleading post. A harem route was always planned, but I didn't see the benefit in going around making promises before I could deliver them, especially when those promises are essentially spoilers. There's a reason the tags on the top post only reflect what's actually in the game and why I'm intentionally evasive about answering pointed questions.

Is that the best policy? Hell if I know.

I can see this is important to some of you though, so on top of mentioning the above I'll say this--my discussing development/writing philosophy here doesn't necessarily reflect what actually makes it into the game unless specifically stated otherwise. That being said, I'll likely refrain from making such speculative posts in the future to avoid digging that particular hole any deeper.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
It's my bad for writing a misleading post. A harem route was always planned, but I didn't see the benefit in going around making promises before I could deliver them, especially when those promises are essentially spoilers. There's a reason the tags on the top post only reflect what's actually in the game and why I'm intentionally evasive about answering pointed questions.
The general method I think is best is to be honest about future tags (or stuff that will never be in the game) as they are not spoilers to the game. It can help avoid controversy later and let people ignore the game if it has unavoidable stuff they are not interested in. That is the best principle in my opinion, but it is ultimately up to you.

Mar 6, 2021
College girls which look like adults... check
GigaChad from the tundra... check
Headpats... check
Hot(literally) professor... check

Pretty nice VN with lovely LIs. Well, the MC is some type of god-like asshole, but he has such badass-level which I can tolerate. In most cases. Honestly, the ending of Karins' event saved my day. Sometimes, the way, how MC bumps into a girl and starts pressing her... It's...ugh. But I strongly believe that we will see some flashbacks where life kicks him in the balls which made him the Tough Guy, not only living in cold scary tundra.

And the last thing, but I'm not sure it's appropriate to ask. It would be great with higher Render/Text ratio. Yui event looks a bit "static". Especially when the camera was behind.

Will wait for the next update. Good luck with development.

Reactions: LizardsFromSpace

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
Glad you enjoyed it. Harem is definitely not a no. However, I'll say it's gonna take some finagling on my part to make it work. I've been in a polyamorous relationship IRL, and I'll tell ya, that shit was all drama all the time. I can't even imagine being in a relationship with 5+ people simultaneously. That, and I'm just not a fan of quick, everybody-is-totally-cool-for-some-reason harems, so if I'm gonna do it I'd like to try doing the concept justice. Not to say it should or would be all melodrama or anything, but most normal people have barriers against the very idea of sharing their partner, so the writing should at least somewhat reflect that imo.

WOW, I'm shocked, excited about the fact that you have been in a polymorous IRL, always know that I myself am not one for monogamous but in my country, I might get shot or put behind the bar because of that (No joke). Might have to move to other coutries with a little more open-minded it seem lol

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018

Sounds good to me. As much as I am a fan of harem games, I am always much more appreciative when that outcome feels earned in the story rather than everyone immediately being fine with it for whatever reason. It's way less jarring and doesn't end up feeling cheap/stupid.
Also just want to say so far you have done a really great job with the individual character development and overall pacing of the story. There are a lot of questions I have about the MC but I am sure all will be explained in due time. Even though there isn't much action, just the wordplay and banter between the characters is greatly entertaining...even when Rune goes into one of his longwinded monologues. He has quite the silver tongue. How he got to this point is one of the many questions I have.

Last edited:

ScentedElf

Jan 9, 2020
Yet again I am very pleasantly surprised by the update. The writing is just as good as I remember and it felt like this last update practically doubled the content in the game thus far which is a really good sign! I already sung the praises of the game before and this update has only reinforced that in my mind. Each interaction and character feels very unique and engaging for their own reasons. And the world building! Clearly there has been a lot of genuine thought put into the current state of the world and the magic which is a key element of it. The in-depth explanations of magic are very coherent, painting a very vivid picture of how it works. This of course helps show just how absolutely badaas Rune is when he does use magic. Also Aya herself is a 10/10. It's hard to pick any favorites seeing as all the girls look absolutely amazing, but what can I say redheads are my Achille's heel :LOL:

Having read the previous discussion about future plans, I am curious about just how in depth the branching paths will go. For example, will a player be able to experience all scenes/major events in one playthrough or would it take multiple? Of course, it's perfectly fine if there isn't any concrete answer to this yet, but it's something that needs to be considered fairly early on. I personally wouldn't mind playing this game multiple times, but that of course also depends on just how much the story diverges. If the overarching plot itself remains mostly the same but you have to replay just for a scene or two that wouldn't be good motivation for a second playthrough. This is also why I previously suggested maybe there being a walkthrough that's developed alongside the game so things like this are clear for players who value completion and seeing scenes over picking choices genuine to them. And I still believe it can help keep track of points available at any point in the game and that sort of stuff that can be helpful to the dev as well.

LizardsFromSpace

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
College girls which look like adults... check
GigaChad from the tundra... check
Headpats... check
Hot(literally) professor... check

Pretty nice VN with lovely LIs. Well, the MC is some type of god-like asshole, but he has such badass-level which I can tolerate. In most cases. Honestly, the ending of Karins' event saved my day. Sometimes, the way, how MC bumps into a girl and starts pressing her... It's...ugh. But I strongly believe that we will see some flashbacks where life kicks him in the balls which made him the Tough Guy, not only living in cold scary tundra.

And the last thing, but I'm not sure it's appropriate to ask. It would be great with higher Render/Text ratio. Yui event looks a bit "static". Especially when the camera was behind.

Will wait for the next update. Good luck with development.
Suffice it to say, I don't recommend sliding all up in a woman's personal space unless she's totally cool with it or you've got a godly charisma stat. And yes, there's a lot more to Rune's story than meets the eye. Everything he does is for a reason--though I'm sure those reasons aren't immediately clear. (At least I hope not or I'm doing a terrible job.)

As for the static images, Yui's event definitely got the worst of that. I'm mostly satisfied with how the other scenes turned out, but some of her event came at a time where I was experimenting with the render/text ratio as you put it. I have to do a ton of renders for each update because I'm lipsyncing every line, so I was thinking perhaps I should try to make some scenes where that wasn't necessary to maximize text pumpage. In hindsight, I don't think I would do it again. Though as always, I make no promises.

Mar 6, 2021
though I'm sure those reasons aren't immediately clear. (At least I hope not or I'm doing a terrible job.)
Don't worry about this. It remains unclear for me. Or is it my poor English.
I have to do a ton of renders for each update because I'm lipsyncing every line
Yeah, I noticed it (Well, maybe I made a mistake in the wording). Although it would be great if the camera changed its position from time to time during the dialogues. In my opinion, the cafe scene with Yui looks pretty static. But again, only if you have enough time or resources for more renders. I don't insist at all.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
There is a thing called Genre at the first page. That one is thought to be used to put in tags that are there but also FUTURE tags. So, people can decide from the begining if they want to play a game.

So harem shouldn't be in Tags until it's there. Like everything else that is planned, not in Tags but in Genre.

Liked the game except too much of ..., .., . and so on. This makes the game go too slow.

AmIaRobot

Nov 15, 2020
This is the first time that writing of non-JP VN that actually "wow"ed me.
Very interesting philosophy and thought process of the MC.
The author/dev seems to really believe the whole "living the idealized version of the role" for the MC and wrote out the whole game based off of it, which is very impressive to say the least.
Really reminded me of the "Fruits of Grisaia" series.
I can't wait to see how this story turns out.

One last thing to note:
I really think the only downside of this game is the front page art.
Looks and feels way too generic VN with low budget.
It's not necessarily bad, but I will certainly say that it did not intrigue me to want to play the game.
I'm sure it will attract much more players if you improved on this at some point.
Still, that's something minor, and I would still rate this game 5/5.

AbsoluteWhite

Sep 29, 2017
This is the first time that writing of non-JP VN that actually "wow"ed me.
Very interesting philosophy and thought process of the MC.
The author/dev seems to really believe the whole "living the idealized version of the role" for the MC and wrote out the whole game based off of it, which is very impressive to say the least.
Really reminded me of the "Fruits of Grisaia" series.
I can't wait to see how this story turns out.

One last thing to note:
I really think the only downside of this game is the front page art.
Looks and feels way too generic VN with low budget.
It's not necessarily bad, but I will certainly say that it did not intrigue me to want to play the game.
I'm sure it will attract much more players if you improved on this at some point.
Still, that's something minor, and I would still rate this game 5/5.
the writing is so good it over shadows everything

4.60 star(s) 17 Votes