Jun 10, 2022
Hallo,
And yet I can understand that many people see it differently. Because the risk lies entirely with the “donor”; he has no guarantee whether he will ever see the finished version (there are plenty of examples of abandoned games). Unfortunately, Patreon allows everything, some DEVs even argue that you haven't acquired any rights with your donations and therefore have to be content if you don't get anything. The STEAM system with its early access suits me better. I pay once and play the game from the alpha to the finished game, like with Sunkenland, which is now available in version 0.25, which you can get as early access for €19.50 in Germany. I admit it used to be different on Patreon, but unfortunately there are more and more abandoned games, so if I'm not mistaken there's even a special section on F95!

P.S.: Sorry, google machine-translate, english is not my mother langue.
Your English far better than my German, trust me :)

Abandoned games definitely a risk; Even on Steam.. Very true. But I would argue supporting the solo Dev is a better chance of eventually seeing a finished product.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Im already at the last fight in the Arena. But i think i need to change my Team. They lost the last Fight against the Champion.
If you have a workshop, then you could also dump a few thousand swords in Fort Sera, which would give you a few hundred daily influence, without any further action required.

Jun 10, 2022
keep crying about payed tier's on a game you make no money on
Crying? Yeesh...The only person crying is you.You pissed people off on Discord, got banned, and now you're just here to stir up trouble.

I'm done engaging you. You do whatever you want to do; Just quit pretending that you are a martyr.

Elimonatio*

Mar 1, 2021
Likely am dumb, but can someone please help explain "offspring" and their role? Seems like right now they just take up space in the mansion. I have looked at the WIKI, and tried searches online but cannot find much. Aside from assigning jobs, I am not getting it.
I have put them in school, aged them, trained them, and sending them from the house nets me a loss of money and influence. Do they have a point I am not getting?
Thank you

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Likely am dumb, but can someone please help explain "offspring" and their role? Seems like right now they just take up space in the mansion. I have looked at the WIKI, and tried searches online but cannot find much. Aside from assigning jobs, I am not getting it.
I have put them in school, aged them, trained them, and sending them from the house nets me a loss of money and influence. Do they have a point I am not getting?
Thank you
If you sent them out of the house after properly training them, they net you some influence and other gains daily without taking up space in your house. My kids are not fully trained yet but they can provide some neat bonuses if I send them off.

Also, flavor reasons. For example, I wanted to make a goon squad made up of me, my 3 sons, and Ayden. (That did not pan out because their Toughness did not go up through the Age+1 menu despite the damn wiki saying aging a kid raises stats. There's code in the files but it does not work.) masters of raana children send off benefits 0001.png

Elimonatio*

Mar 1, 2021
If you sent them out of the house after properly training them, they net you some influence and other gains daily without taking up space in your house. My kids are not fully trained yet but they can provide some neat bonuses if I send them off.

Also, flavor reasons. For example, I wanted to make a goon squad made up of me, my 3 sons, and Ayden. (That did not pan out because their Toughness did not go up through the Age+1 menu despite the damn wiki saying aging a kid raises stats. There's code in the files but it does not work.) View attachment 3549837
So you do not turn them into slaves, you do not put them to work and there is nothing more than training them up and utilizing the boon from that, correct?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
So you do not turn them into slaves, you do not put them to work and there is nothing more than training them up and utilizing the boon from that, correct?
You can always put them to work. I plan on making them Science Lecturers. I could put assign them to the workshop, the tavern, maybe as heralds, etc. They work like other NPCs do.

Elimonatio*

Mar 1, 2021
You can always put them to work. I plan on making them Science Lecturers. I could put assign them to the workshop, the tavern, maybe as heralds, etc. They work like other NPCs do.
And despite them having a status screen related to intercourse, I assume that is nothing the player deals with?

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks a lot! Worked well. I only changed "invhold" in the "html" file. (actually 5 is enough for this quest)
Then other variables for "Brother quest" I entered through the console.
SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_bro = 1
SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_bro = 2
After this quest started to run naturally - no more commands were needed.
I've got the books, visited clubhouse, got stuff and the girl.
i tried to find the invhold variable and cant seem to find it

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Thank you
Yes. There are a point you are not getting. You have offspring because it´s the right thing to do for a proper Ikaanos gentlemen, ensuring the continuity of his house and it´s grandeur for the future generations. You train them, educate them, improve them, bring them to battle and send them to the academy just because it´s what a father do, without thinking in any moment, way, shape or form in something as low, materialistic and improper as "getting any profit or utility from your offspring". You are working hard to make your house a Great House. When you will not be in Ikanos anymore they will keep your work and your legacy alive.

Or at least that´s the way I see and play it.

Drak3

Jul 26, 2019
What do you guys poduce?
Which Production brings the most Money?
In the moment i make Rifle and sell them ad the Market.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What do you guys produce?
Whichever item has not reached market saturation. Knives, mostly, since they are efficient with production points. I profit $45 per knife and can create ~800 knives for a profit per day of $36,000.

I used to produce and hoard auto rifles (profit $797 per rifle as long as you buy materials from Aimee's store) for 7 in-game days, and on the 7th day I travel to Hamah Bay, sell them, go up and kill the respawned charucks for free stat gain and 60 meat, hunt for a bit, then go home.

Sometimes, I produce items for home use like MAG rounds for the coilgun so I can take Kelly for a spin and put her crackshot to good use. A hundred MAG rounds is not spent so quickly though so my MAG stocks can last Kelly for months.

Last edited:

Helmut290456

May 10, 2019
Your English far better than my German, trust me :)

Abandoned games definitely a risk; Even on Steam.. Very true. But I would argue supporting the solo Dev is a better chance of eventually seeing a finished product.
Thanks for the flowers, but the honor belongs entirely to Google Translate.. :) Of course there are positive experiences with Patreon, I think that I have now supported a whole range of programmers, be it the Lord of those who program for Skyrim, but also nice games for...cough...adults...but it's always an adventure, which the war in Ukraine doesn't make any easier, because many come from Russia or Ukraine. All in all, it's difficult to judge whether you get something for your support....I'm a little old-fashioned at 68 years old....I had to work for my money and so I expect something in return for my support get. And with STEAM it doesn't matter if the game is exited, I can then return it and get the purchase price refunded. But unfortunately you can't get games like Master of Raana, the Genesis Order on Steam Germany

4.60 star(s) 111 Votes