BS2001

Jul 11, 2020
I am still learning the game. The male slaves I capture and add to my household intending to sell them. Am I correct it’s best to keep them 6 days to avoid a reduction in sale price? What jobs do people have them doing and which is the best slave market to sell them? Thank you.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I am still learning the game. The male slaves I capture and add to my household intending to sell them. Am I correct it’s best to keep them 6 days to avoid a reduction in sale price? What jobs do people have them doing and which is the best slave market to sell them? Thank you.
I typically don't bother with any waiting to sell male slaves. The reduction is tiny and they eat food while waiting, and food cost money... But, yes, you typically get a lot better paid for the slave if you add to house hold and then sell them instead of accepting the offer you get when processing captives.

Reactions: tsap

trulul

Aug 11, 2023
Male slaves that are worth more than spare change are better donated to factions like Fort Sera, are they not?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Male slaves that are worth more than spare change are better donated to factions like Fort Sera, are they not?
I always assumed that the slave stats was irrelevant when donating slaves. Is there anything to indicate that it matters?

trulul

Aug 11, 2023
I always assumed that the slave stats was irrelevant when donating slaves. Is there anything to indicate that it matters?
Enemy id matters not stats, but the <300 and <600 male captures, who do not increase Fort Sera power past 100 never seem to have good stats.
I dont think there is any reason to donate to any faction, since no interaction yet implemented
By donating to some factions they will eventually contribute to my own faction power. It has limited use in the current version though, so might not be worth it. Some factions, though I am uncertain if they are ones that accept slaves, give cash for standing, I am unaware if that scales to faction power. Furthermore, might be very long time to return as pay off as I could have got by selling the slave.

Shame the wiki is too incomplete to know if I am using the captures (in?)efficiently or plain wasting them.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Generic male slaves undergo a transformation and are classified in three tiers based on their id number: punk tier, middle tier, and space marines tier.

Punk tier is for punks, young punks, old punks, and anyone with an id of 0. They typically have shit starting discipline (their processing display screen says -15), prone to Addiction, and shit intelligence.

Space marine tiers are at id 7 to id 15. They are not all space marines. The warlord of the Hide Your Daughters crew for example is id 7. They can have huge starting health and their processing display says +15 discipline.

I keep every workaholic male slaves I get as well as some perfectionists with good starting discipline. Enough to fill one workshop. And then I sell the rest immediately in batches. I process them in batches too since if you do that, the time does not progress from the processing/selling of the first one. I sell them to afford building the workshop and afterwards I just send every capture I get to Fort Sera. I need the fort to get 200+ men for the Fort Sera political event that raises Republic Standing to proc. It might not do much now but its a good way to raise the notoriously grindy republic standing. Also, increasing Fort Sera's power increases its income slightly. Its not much but I would rather gain the small income increase from him than sell him in Watery Eyes for a quick $4k when I am 100 days in. At day 10, I would have sold him. I am probably just too lazy though.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
You are "mostly" right about the 6 days cool off period. but only if his value, either in Watery Eyes or Chrystal it´s above 600. It it´s below 600, you can sell them ASAP. Best market, you must check them case by case.

And jobs, if they are abowe 20 in survival I usually put them to scavenge and if not, janitor. That´s only if you have your workshops fully maned. There are lot´s of male slaves with Discipline 30 and 40+, and that´s above the average random girl Discipline. I usually keep the ones with discipline 40+ an sell the rest.

And don´t forget to put them on "poor food". There are a big difference between 1Ratio per day and 3 rations per day

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Do anyone know how to use the Combat Tendstim? I have 14 in my inventory (4 found in Ikaanos and 10 purchased in the Mastersphere), The medical skill of my team it´s above 150 but the button remains unselectable). My Medical skill it´s 38

Mar 5, 2024
Do anyone know how to use the Combat Tendstim? I have 14 in my inventory (4 found in Ikaanos and 10 purchased in the Mastersphere), The medical skill of my team it´s above 150 but the button remains unselectable). My Medical skill it´s 38
Seems like none of your followers (and mc) does have at least 60 in medical, which is necessary. Both a medical value of 60+ and 100+ (of mc and followers) does increase the usage of combat tendstim in battle by one - meaning mc and followers each having a medical skill value between 60 and 99 would give 5 usages and mc and followers each having a medical value of 100+ would give 10 usages of combat tendstims in a combat round (complete combat round of all friends and foes). The combined medical skill value (sum of all medical skills) is totally unimportant.

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
In case someone wants to autosave to disk instead of slot 0, then you can edit start_game.html as follows:
Find all Save.slots.save(0) and replace with Save.export("Mor AutoSave Day"+State.active.variables.days)

Or if you prefer to both save to disk and slot 0:
Find both lines with Save.slots.save(0) and add the following line directly above or below:
Code:
&lt;&lt;script&gt;&gt;Save.export("Mor AutoSave Day"+State.active.variables.days)&lt;&lt;/script&gt;&gt
Useful if you want to have a little time machine that allows you to go back to any previous date.

Bonus: Console command to save from a location where Save button is disabled (like in the middle of a battle):
Code:
SugarCube.Save.export("MOR Day"+SugarCube.State.active.variables.days+" Time"+SugarCube.State.active.variables.daycount+"Comment")
And yes, the idea is that you can replace "Comment" with additional details. Just keep it short and avoid weird characters.

Additional bonus: To get game day and game time in the file name, when Saving to disk via Save button:
Find Save.export() and replace with:
Code:
Save.export("MoR Day"+State.active.variables.days+" Time"+State.active.variables.daycount)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clemency

BS2001

Jul 11, 2020
Thank you everyone for your help

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Generic male slaves undergo a transformation and are classified in three tiers based on their id number: punk tier, middle tier, and space marines tier.

Punk tier is for punks, young punks, old punks, and anyone with an id of 0. They typically have shit starting discipline (their processing display screen says -15), prone to Addiction, and shit intelligence.

Space marine tiers are at id 7 to id 15. They are not all space marines. The warlord of the Hide Your Daughters crew for example is id 7. They can have huge starting health and their processing display says +15 discipline.

I keep every workaholic male slaves I get as well as some perfectionists with good starting discipline. Enough to fill one workshop. And then I sell the rest immediately in batches. I process them in batches too since if you do that, the time does not progress from the processing/selling of the first one. I sell them to afford building the workshop and afterwards I just send every capture I get to Fort Sera. I need the fort to get 200+ men for the Fort Sera political event that raises Republic Standing to proc. It might not do much now but its a good way to raise the notoriously grindy republic standing. Also, increasing Fort Sera's power increases its income slightly. Its not much but I would rather gain the small income increase from him than sell him in Watery Eyes for a quick $4k when I am 100 days in. At day 10, I would have sold him. I am probably just too lazy though.
Sounds like we follow a similar strategy regarding slave captures. Early game, I keep all the females and sell all the males except the workaholics who are not addicts. I do that for about the first 3 weeks to a month since you need money for so much stuff during that time period. After I get my workshop up and running I donate all of the male slaves to the vikings who are not workaholics and not addicts. If I get more than 10 randoms with workaholic then I don't bother keeping those anymore.

I prioritize completing Fort Sera's quest line once I get my workshop up even though initially they don't provide much income because like you I want to get working towards those Company Ready events from Fort Sera sooner rather than later.

Once I start seeing tier 6 and 7 bounties I sell the captured slaves I get from those since those always sell for at least $3-4k but otherwise I continue just dumping all of the male slaves on Fort Sera.

Any slave who is an addict I sell no matter what else they have. It's too debilitating of a trait unless you intend to fund their addiction literally forever.

Once my house fills up I start selling some of the female randoms but I keep the ones with the best traits for later.

I keep all uniques whether male or female.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Seems like none of your followers (and mc) does have at least 60 in medical, which is necessary. Both a medical value of 60+ and 100+ (of mc and followers) does increase the usage of combat tendstim in battle by one - meaning mc and followers each having a medical skill value between 60 and 99 would give 5 usages and mc and followers each having a medical value of 100+ would give 10 usages of combat tendstims in a combat round (complete combat round of all friends and foes). The combined medical skill value (sum of all medical skills) is totally unimportant.
Works as you say. I added Caitlin as a follower (skill 60+) and then I can get one use per round.

I must say that that´s a case of awful redaction on the wiki article.

• Added a new injector tendstim type that can be used in combat situations. Number of uses per turn depends on your group's total Medicine skill (60+ adds 1 use, 100+ adds 2 uses). You're able to purchase combat injectors at The Mastersphere.
It clearly talk about "group´s total Medicine Skill", not "individual Medicine Skill"

Also, when you buy the combat Tendistim in the Masterspher, thay say "20 Tendistim". Well, you only get 10. Caveat emptor!

Seems that my fat merchant will have to wait to read some more medicine books and teach Cassius and Truls some advanced first aid. I´m playing in Ironman and I know from other games that I must expect at least one followers (possibly 2) going down with the Black Scorpions, the Titans, and the last round of the Arena. With the Death threshold at -10 seems too risky to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I haven't used them much so far, but from what I have seen so far when I have used them I can't think of any instance where it wouldn't have been better to just attack instead of using the combat stim. Losing the damage output from that attack to use a stim would require the stim to heal a lot for it to be worth it to me and they don't seem to at the medical skill my mercs are at. I don't have anyone above 100 medical yet though.

If I have someone who is being targetted and they're low on health, healing themself for 30 health is not going to save them from being taken out by the next enemy's attack. Getting a kill shot might though.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I haven't used them much so far, but from what I have seen so far when I have used them I can't think of any instance where it wouldn't have been better to just attack instead of using the combat stim. Losing the damage output from that attack to use a stim would require the stim to heal a lot for it to be worth it to me and they don't seem to at the medical skill my mercs are at. I don't have anyone above 100 medical yet though.

If I have someone who is being targetted and they're low on health, healing themself for 30 health is not going to save them from being taken out by the next enemy's attack. Getting a kill shot might though.
If you use the healing you don´t lose your attack.

Reactions: Gunner Rey and tsap
4.50 star(s) 116 Votes