Andrej27

Oct 29, 2017
Some bugs I have found in 8.3.2_Public version while reading the code.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
edit, more found

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Looks like i have a future problem. For now my house is full...with 79 pregnant girls...okay, the nursery is a seperate framewok, but what happens if they grow up? The wiki says after 3000 days they get automatically added to the household, but what happens if the household is full? I'd need twice the space to add the kids...more if twins or triplets are a possibility...and even more if the girls become pregnant again during these 9 years...i could need a second villa, btw, why couldnt we keep the carozza building after whiping them out?
Also my caitlyn was pregnant when she opend her clinic, will her kid grow up with her or autoadded to my nursery?
And somehow the cusom rooms have a logic bug, if none is built/used you can have 80 girls in the dorms, so by logic building 11 rooms for 44 girls should expand the available space by 44 because the dorms are not shrinking ;)

Mar 5, 2024
While i dont care about clicking at stuff i need to do manually, it really sucks if workshops dont do anything just because their merchandise ran out. They should take it from the inventary directly so they only stop working when really no merchendise is left. Also, when workshops should only produce one thing, like my used ammo, one kind of faction donation or the most valuable thing to sell it should be possible to just lock/repeat that
Well workshops (with manufacturing focus) only produce in some sense one thing (or two), as they produce production points (and tech points). When I need to have some production points converted to something else, I will just make sure, that I do have the materials, and then go into the workshop and do some clicking (for example procude 24 stacks of coilguns to purchase some "letter of indulgence" in Fenriks tavern as the mc/pc did sin and did boost control value by 20 points the other day as roaming bandits in Stokke Hills did not figure out, that some folks did just loiter/linger there to get repeatedly ambushed).

Btw, manually sorting only works if you have free slots, by the time i accidently found this option it was already useless. However, the best thing you can do with it is sort by jobs since the relevant stats tend to change every day...and the whole point for asking to sort by stats is to sort it by stats and not memorize the stats of all your girls every day and sort them manually.
Well you can always temporarily dismiss a non-random npc and do a manual sorting and then re-add the dismissed non-random npc afterwards.

Of course I am just fine with putting unique (random) npcs on special pages (along with the "story npcs") and otherwise only putting npcs I want to keep on other certain pages (and reserve the rest for npcs, which will get sold).

But then again I have had no problem in tweaking the code, so that I can get as many npc pages I want and as many npc slots as I want, interestingly the code size also gets considerably smaller that way (ie. the "Move" passage, which has over 400 lines of code, is easily rewritten so that it has less than 100 code linesm while making the code capable to display as many npcs slots as there might exist, heck even with arrows to accomodate navigation to npcpages with values above 12).

What a few little for-loops can do and putting some div-containers inside the for-loops (and using the normal "break" and "continue" control statments, to either exit a for-loop prematurely or to skip the first iteration, ie. as the first entry in $npcpages is not a pagenumber).

And i guess, the devs of this game are more experienced with its codes and limits, they did far more with the engine then any other dev, i think they'll figure it out IF they want to.
Ever wondered why the game is better displayed with monitors (and screens) from the 90s? The dev might have done more with this engine (Sugarcube) then other devs did, but then again nothing has been done in this game, which has not been done before (with a vintage engine from the end of the 90s and beginning of the 00s). Also whenever I look at the ("original") html code of this game, I might involuntarily see some code, where I do get the urge to immediatly rewrite some of the code (ie. some parts of the ClearSlot passage and AddNpc passage, but I guess some people like to write n times some code with minor variations instead of writing the code just once inside a for-loop, where the loop variable takes care of the minor variations).

("And I guess that I just don't know" from the lyrics "Heroin" by "The Velvet Underground").

Mar 5, 2024
Which editor are you using for that?
Notepad++ gives me eye cancer with all >><< shown as &gt;&gt;&lt;&lt; :cry:
A simple text editor (without any syntax highlighting etc) called medit, but then again, that is an editor available under some linux distributions (and probably not available under windows). Any texteditor will do though, even emacs, vi or vim (and if I would be forced to use windows, I might use notepad++ myself, but windows only runs on my computers in some virtual machines and then only, if for whatever weird reasons I do need windows and wine does not suffice). The only problem usually is (ie. with the current editor), that the editor slows down when viewing the first 100 lines of the html code (and the last part, below the last story definition part). And then I am used to "vintage" (or "stoneage") tools and I am also seeing the html-entities in their non-replaced form in medit. So I cannot help you with the eye cancer, but then it probably is possible to replace the html-entities with the symbols they do represent (at least for viewing the html code).

William8

Jan 26, 2021
ive been playing this for almost 2 weeks... Loving the backstory!

I think there is a need for some additional guidance - whether its adding some spreadsheets or tables for production costs to the wiki, or tooltips that gives some info. So many jobs, so many slaves, so many skills and traits, etc - e.g. what formula determines a good accountant, etc. im almost hoping for an update to bring a top 5 candidate list when you click on info for a specific position (maybe even underlining or somehow highlighting the bottleneck stat to train first to make them better) - just to help figure out who fits in best where... and on who and what stat to focus schooling first

One thing i constantly wonder about is whether im missing something by selling a slave, or ive got a slave thats ready to reveal their story... but they have gotten lost in the pages of slaves ive captured or bought, and didnt have the stats to trigger a story before i went off to fetch some dung - then trying to get stealthier, or tried my hand at becoming champion of the arena...

It would be cool if the daily events update could trigger an available storyline - like a girl asking for attention in the middle of the night, telling you a story - to activate or remind you of their quest.... who knows maybe it does that already i just havent seen it yet :D

One big thing i did learn though... Black Scorpion is an awesome slavemaster!

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
So I cannot help you with the eye cancer
Actually with a little help from LizJ and the following workflow, I am now 100% cancer free:

1. Open start_game.html in medit.
2. Search and Replace annoying tags (less than 1 min, instead of several minutes in notepad++)
3. Copy & Paste the entire thing to Notepad++
4. Enjoy cancer free code reading with good search capability.

For those interested: It is multiplatform, according to their .

Reactions: LizJ

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
If I assign Corso, Cassius, and Truls to take classes at the Academy (Gymnastics & Performance), but keep them as followers all day, and remove them from followers before midnight calculations hit, do they gain the stats increase provided their rng rolls for it?

How many girls I can assigned as performer in golden dragon?
Without bugs or exploits or edits, one.

Mar 5, 2024
If I assign Corso, Cassius, and Truls to take classes at the Academy (Gymnastics & Performance), but keep them as followers all day, and remove them from followers before midnight calculations hit, do they gain the stats increase provided their rng rolls for it?
What do you think? You can even put then in bondage (or put them in a cell) before midnight calculations or give them a day-off and they will still teach or attend classes somehow (and get the chance to increase their skills from teaching or attending classes) - eventhough I am not sure how they manage that. (I am currently too lazy to check, if they would still teach or learn, if they would even be followers at midnight - at least the code for the stat increases only checks for the program variable of the npc and not directly the dayblock or busy or bondage variable of that npc).

• Haha
Reactions: Clemency and sonhot

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Speaking about gymnastics, it says there is a risk...what kind of risk? Just some harmless injury chance or some horny prof?
I better ask directly, which jobs dont end with my girls getting touched? The wiki is pretty useless in this regard -,-

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What do you think? You can even put then in bondage (or put them in a cell) before midnight calculations or give them a day-off and they will still teach or attend classes somehow (and get the chance to increase their skills from teaching or attending classes) - eventhough I am not sure how they manage that. (I am currently too lazy to check, if they would still teach or learn, if they would even be followers at midnight - at least the code for the stat increases only checks for the program variable of the npc and not directly the dayblock or busy or bondage variable of that npc).
(y)
It never hurts to be sure.

Speaking about gymnastics, it says there is a risk...what kind of risk? Just some harmless injury chance or some horny prof?
I better ask directly, which jobs dont end with my girls getting touched? The wiki is pretty useless in this regard -,-
5 Health and 20 oral wear. I assume the oral wear is from singing, during the performance lessons. Gymnastics program raises performance.

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm, never have any wear increase if i train them myself or let other girls train them O_O

agitatedturk

May 10, 2022
Are you sure, that you correctly matched the if conditions with the corresponding endif tags (&lt;&lt;/if&gt;&gt;)?

Also the cap for materials like wood, fasteners, steel and durasteel is only used for calculating the purchase price (meaning you can still buy these materials, if the stockpile is zero, of course the materials will cost a little bit more, if the stockpile is low or zero). And the price increase for wood, fasteners and steel (for low stockpile) is moderate in comparison to the price increase for durasteel - also the durasteel supply does only increase (at maximum) by an amount which is necessary for manufacturing of 10 plasma rifles.

There are only five instances of steel supply changing over time in the code:

<<if $steelcap gte -200>><<set $steelcap+=either(-5, -50, 40, -150, 140, 100, -45)>><</if>>

<<if $diff lte 2>>...<<if $steelcap lte 500000>><<set $steelcap+=150>><</if>>

<<if $faction.ikaanos.prosp gte 75>><<set $woodcap+=50>><<set $steelcap+=50>><</if>>

<<if $faction.ikaanos.prosp lte 19>><<set $woodcap-=50>><<set $steelcap-=50>><</if>>

<<if $faction.ikaanos.control lte 9>><<set $woodcap-=50>><<set $steelcap-=50>><</if>>
Compare durasteel, with one instance:

<<if $duracap lte 50000>><<set $duracap+=random(45, 50)>><</if>>
which is almost enough for one batch of plasma rifles per day.

Also, Stacey is by far the most beautiful girl in the game. When was she added? Maybe GD made her with a different method for generating images than the other girls.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 11.14.52 PM.png

Reactions: HereandNow2022
Mar 5, 2024
There are only five instances of steel supply changing over time in the code:

Compare durasteel, with one instance:

which is almost enough for one batch of plasma rifles per day.

Also, Stacey is by far the most beautiful girl in the game. When was she added? Maybe GD made her with a different method for generating images than the other girls.
View attachment 3661935
To repeat myself: Well are you sure, that you matched the "if"s and "/if"s correctly? I am seeing two ifs in the second occurance of the $steelcap increase, but only one "/if". Care to look, where the second "if" (for the difficulty below grimdark difficulty) has its matching "/if". Might it be, that this is after the steelcap increase of 50 due to high prosperity?

agitatedturk

May 10, 2022
To repeat myself: Well are you sure, that you matched the "if"s and "/if"s correctly? I am seeing two ifs in the second occurance of the $steelcap increase, but only one "/if". Care to look, where the second "if" (for the difficulty below grimdark difficulty) has its matching "/if". Might it be, that this is after the steelcap increase of 50 due to high prosperity?
I see now that it is... so in fact the only increase is ~4 from the first occurrence. (I suggest this be changed.)

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
One thing i constantly wonder about is whether im missing something by selling a slave
If the slaves are not unique NPCs, the main thing you will be missing is if they had good traits worth keeping.

As for the unique NPCs, they are listed here:

It's missing three unique NPCs by my count: Black Scorpion from the gang of the same name, Helo from Urban Titans, and Avery Dixon's twin, from a random auction in Crystal Heights.

Question : what does the "respect" stat do exactly?

It also reduces the ability of an advocate NPC to affect your household, and at 25 respect.

Reactions: Viktorhugo

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
And somehow the cusom rooms have a logic bug, if none is built/used you can have 80 girls in the dorms, so by logic building 11 rooms for 44 girls should expand the available space by 44 because the dorms are not shrinking ;)
I must say it would be nice if turning an unused room into a bedroom gave you +4 household capacity.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes