Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Getting a faction to 0 being a temporary end game could have more people play this game. Once bored of a run, just go on a murdering spree and watch the two-three picture endings written for MC and the consequences of ruining the balance of power (Fallout and Arcanum style). Whether that's something that's ultimately on the table, it would also teach people not to completely wipe out factions or destroy the game resource balance, else their run is over.

ibell420

May 8, 2021
Do you release Mai-Lyn from being a slave so she goes and works at Toshi Gardens? There is a stat in Toshi gardens for her to make money but there is no information on how to activate it.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Personally i always cheat-clone her so i have her in both, daddys garden and mine ^^
However, its up for you to decide, she is the only girl with a green thumb so she IS the best gardener in game...but if she works with daddy all you get is money...and honestly, money is rarely short, but since you can donate food at the orphanage it makes more sense to keep her in the long run...or clone her ^^

ibell420

May 8, 2021
Personally i always cheat-clone her so i have her in both, daddys garden and mine ^^
However, its up for you to decide, she is the only girl with a green thumb so she IS the best gardener in game...but if she works with daddy all you get is money...and honestly, money is rarely short, but since you can donate food at the orphanage it makes more sense to keep her in the long run...or clone her ^^
How do you clone her?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
1. complete her quest first
2. add a useless slave to your household
3. save to disk
4. saveeditonline.com
5. search for her name and copy everything between her slot and the next slot
6. search for the useless slaves name, mark everything between its slot and the next slot and paste mai-lynns data there
7. download your changed savegame (keep the original in case something goes wrong, its unlikely but one } more or less corrupts the savegame, so rename the download filename)
8. back to the game
9. load the edited file from disk
10. clear her crimes if she has some, then free and dismiss her.
Done, now the clone should work for daddy and the original is still with you. Sometimes you need to set her gardening job again since its a unique job and she shares it with the copy-clone after loading, but thats all.

Mar 5, 2024
1. complete her quest first
2. add a useless slave to your household
3. save to disk
4. saveeditonline.com
5. search for her name and copy everything between her slot and the next slot
6. search for the useless slaves name, mark everything between its slot and the next slot and paste mai-lynns data there
7. download your changed savegame (keep the original in case something goes wrong, its unlikely but one } more or less corrupts the savegame, so rename the download filename)
8. back to the game
9. load the edited file from disk
10. clear her crimes if she has some, then free and dismiss her.
Done, now the clone should work for daddy and the original is still with you. Sometimes you need to set her gardening job again since its a unique job and she shares it with the copy-clone after loading, but thats all.
Are you sure, that you did not accidently release the original? Anyway only (releasing the clone and keeping the original) or (releasing the original and keeping the clone) should work as expected. Do you know which it is - as in one case there is a loop over all npcs querying, whether the girlid is 12 (and the girlid of any npc can be set to 12), in the other case $npc.av12 is queried directly (and only the original is in $npc.av12).

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Dunno why you try to confuse me or what you even want to say. I have Mai-Lynn with her green thumb working in my garden and in my bed, i have Mai-Lynn ready for hire working at home and earning me money. Same stats and same progress until one of them gains/loses points of anything, then they become different, but only in this aspect.

• Haha
Reactions: Nellyg
Mar 5, 2024
Dunno why you try to confuse me or what you even want to say. I have Mai-Lynn with her green thumb working in my garden and in my bed, i have Mai-Lynn ready for hire working at home and earning me money. Same stats and same progress until one of them gains/loses points of anything, then they become different, but only in this aspect.
If you did edit $slot and not $npc.avXX then in both cases - in the npcmenu - it refers to the same npc (no clone) - I so far assumed, that you did edit $npc to copy the data (which by the way would work fine, if you afterwards would release the original). In that case (copying the reference in one $slot to another $slot) releasing one of them, sets the state-attribute of the npc to 0, which means, that a few things will not work (ie. some stat increases during midnight calculations). And there will never be any difference between the stats, as you just managed to keep an npc with state 0 still in the npcmenu.

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Confused the fu*k out of me too......Then, I been drinkin! :D

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
with crafting what items have the best turnover for the time spent crafting?
I'm pretty sure that mc duraplate armor is the most profitable crafting object (for all metrics), followed by npc duraplate armor and then by combat armor.

To get high enough mc stats to be able to craft duraplate armors, you typically have to craft a shitload of crossbow bolts (resulting in loss instead of profit) or spend 3x time crafting knives... and you also need to train science on top of that.

Combat armor is typically the more realistic crafting goal, during early game, unless you chose business expert + some academics as background.

foolsend

Jul 6, 2018
I'm pretty sure that mc duraplate armor is the most profitable crafting object (for all metrics), followed by npc duraplate armor and then by combat armor.

To get high enough mc stats to be able to craft duraplate armors, you typically have to craft a shitload of crossbow bolts (resulting in loss instead of profit) or spend 3x time crafting knives... and you also need to train science on top of that.

Combat armor is typically the more realistic crafting goal, during early game, unless you chose business expert + some academics as background.
i did take business expert and 1 in scholar how much science do i need to craft duraplate?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
i did take business expert and 1 in scholar how much science do i need to craft duraplate?
When you go to craft item click on the ? and it shows you all the information about crafting, i.e. levels of blacksmith, artisan, science, medical, etc.

Reactions: foolsend

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
is this some kind of bug or simply not written in the wiki yet?
got mai-lynn to train atg the academy for ages now to get gardening up to 130. but she is stuck at 120 for frigging forever!

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
If you did edit $slot
There you already failed at reading what i did, because i dont edit slots which would just be pointless.
And the calculations work fine, be it happyness, affection or skills...or demolishing my house/spending money on beggars. At least for the one in my house, npcs dont seem to learn anything if they dont belong to your household...since i didnt clone caitlyn (no unique skills) and observed the few visible stats shown in the hire screen, it seems like the common behavior for dismissed/unhired npcs.

Vulgi

Jul 3, 2017
how can i train my slaves medicine? It's greyed out if i want to train them and it seems there is no academic classes for medicine for slaves

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I don't believe there is any way to train medical for npcs. Though, it seems irrespective of the level they will contribute aid and you can appoint any number of nurses and I think it is cumulative.

edit: I guess I missed that medicine was added to the home school education list of subjects. I suppose it is greyed out because you don't have high enough medicine to home school. There are books (4) to read that will increase the MC's medicine skill.

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Let caitlyn train them and appoint her as only nurse so her skills grow faster. I think there was also some book to train yourself, but not nearly enough to train others if you didnt start with medic skills.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Let caitlyn train them and appoint her as only nurse so her skills grow faster. I think there was also some book to train yourself, but not nearly enough to train others if you didnt start with medic skills.
How do you make Caitlyn train them?

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes