Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Let caitlyn train them and appoint her as only nurse so her skills grow faster. I think there was also some book to train yourself, but not nearly enough to train others if you didnt start with medic skills.
Caitlyn cannot train the medical stat. Unless its in the code but not in the tooltips. I guess she can train the pure stat which helps with nursing...?

Screenshot 2024-05-26 195817.png

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Then the girls i gave her to train just developed a natural talent around her because they all improved...
Same goes for milou since i dont have civilians in my house anymore, all 80 are listed as fighters and i only trained my followers myself...
I'm not some code expert like others here and i dont memorized the wiki, i mostly play by instinct and if it works i remember that, if not i try something else ^^

Reactions: cuchulin and tsap

Gehoji

Sep 17, 2019
I don't believe there is any way to train medical for npcs. Though, it seems irrespective of the level they will contribute aid and you can appoint any number of nurses and I think it is cumulative.

edit: I guess I missed that medicine was added to the home school education list of subjects. I suppose it is greyed out because you don't have high enough medicine to home school. There are books (4) to read that will increase the MC's medicine skill.
If you want to maximize medicine, you can get the skill up to 90 if you use the medkits to revive a downed ally after a fight. I think it's like a 30% chance. After you get to 90 then you use the books.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Then the girls i gave her to train just developed a natural talent around her because they all improved...
Same goes for milou since i dont have civilians in my house anymore, all 80 are listed as fighters and i only trained my followers myself...
I'm not some code expert like others here and i dont memorized the wiki, i mostly play by instinct and if it works i remember that, if not i try something else ^^
Milou as slavemistress should increase melee and ranged combat stats (up to 80) as well as their physique (STR and DEX, up to 60 and 70 respectively). It is in her template and NPCs are considered soldiers at 40 melee or 40 range.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 211714.png

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
how can i train my slaves medicine? It's greyed out if i want to train them and it seems there is no academic classes for medicine for slaves
You need to have at least a 40 in medicine to be able to train your slaves/mercs

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Let caitlyn train them and appoint her as only nurse so her skills grow faster. I think there was also some book to train yourself, but not nearly enough to train others if you didnt start with medic skills.
Plenty enough. You can start with no medical training at all and the 4 bocks bring you well above 40. Bare minimun, no brainy trait, it´s +43

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
It's nowhere to be found in the code of v0.832(tier2). So it is either a secret tier 4 feature, a new feature in the alpha version or it didn't really happen.

Mar 5, 2024
There you already failed at reading what i did, because i dont edit slots which would just be pointless.
And the calculations work fine, be it happyness, affection or skills...or demolishing my house/spending money on beggars. At least for the one in my house, npcs dont seem to learn anything if they dont belong to your household...since i didnt clone caitlyn (no unique skills) and observed the few visible stats shown in the hire screen, it seems like the common behavior for dismissed/unhired npcs.
Lol, the funny thing is, by just setting $npc.av12.state to 0 would have done the same thing, as your whole instruction list thing did, also after releasing setting dayblock to 12 would have done the same thing (except that the npc would no longer be in the npc menu). Oh and when the npc state is 0 instead of 1, the TitleTraits, Rooms and Jobs passages are not executed for that NPC at midnight.

Edit: BTW: When editing $npc.avXX there is one value which should not be changed, that is the actnpc value.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024
is this some kind of bug or simply not written in the wiki yet?
got mai-lynn to train atg the academy for ages now to get gardening up to 130. but she is stuck at 120 for frigging forever!
Well this increase has been capped to 120 in a certain release, regardless of who is studying.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Speaking of codes, how does the NPC Health Implant work exactly?

Is it just a +50 hp added to the end of the health calculation? Like this: (insert STR and stamina formula for health) + 50 HP?

Or is it borked and added straight in the middle so there comes an exact health threshold where adding the health implant is optimum?

Well this increase has been capped to 120 in a certain release, regardless of who is studying.
Gardening is not, I think. There's a 120 threshold but it's not as high as the other 120 thresholds. So it might be still at 130 unless the +roll the 120 gardening threshold imposes makes an increase impossible

Mar 5, 2024
Speaking of codes, how does the NPC Health Implant work exactly?

Is it just a +50 hp added to the end of the health calculation? Like this: (insert STR and stamina formula for health) + 50 HP?

Or is it borked and added straight in the middle so there comes an exact health threshold where adding the health implant is optimum?
Just search for ".himp" in the code to find out or look fot the HealthCalc passage.

Gardening is not, I think. There's a 120 threshold but it's not as high as the other 120 thresholds. So it might be still at 130 unless the +roll the 120 gardening threshold imposes makes an increase impossible
Well just add up the +roll values to find out.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Well in the public version v8.32 there is a roll increase of +3 for 65+ and another of +13 for 120+.
So it is either a modded version you are showing or a current alpha version.

Or as code:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh. Nevermind. It is from the alpha. My bad. This fix will almost definitely be in the next version so that problem is solved I guess.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
the game still says though that i need 130 to get it capped. same with the wiki. neithee tells me how else to increase it to130. so if 130 is by no means achievable, is the max gardening bonus now achievable through 120 skill now?

Mar 5, 2024
How can I remove the wait times during combat, bondage, and certain purchases at stores?
You would need to edit your html file, there are occurances of "timed 1s" (and other values like "timed 0.2s"), these need to be changed (mind you there are not only wait times for combat, bondage and purchases but also for other things). Personally I think that for some of these things, there should be an option for that (as << $pwait to 0.1s>> and then instead of <<timed 1s>> using <<timed $pwait>> would work just fine - and giving options either via switch-case or if-elseif-else constructs to settting the different wait times for different things).

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes