Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Kind of curious what other people think about the skill classes. To me there are really 2 main reasons to pick any of the skill classes. One is to boost your stats enough in something to get a trait you want that has minimum requirements you can't get from boosting attributes directly (like Deadly Strike, Wildborn, or Crafter). The other is the expert level special bonus. The special bonus is really the only part of that which makes me consider taking a skill class. Otherwise I would rather spend my points on traits or boosting attributes directly.

I tend to either pick no skill classes at all, or a single expert class and no others.
I've found myself happier with characters for whom I skipped the Expert level as 120 points on the traits and attributes pages is a lot. There's no expert perk as useful long term (and even short term in many cases) as having those points to spend on 'Deadly Strike' and then maxing Charm and Manipulate and be a lady-killer from the get-go.

Here's what I think about the expert skill class bonuses so far after having tried all of them:

Best bonus for the first week of the game:
- Expert Soldier: The combination of good combat stats, 3 free suits of combat armor, and the immediate availability of Einar at a reduced salary makes the first week of the game go much easier than any of the other expert perks.
I find the window of advantage a little longer as with Einer, Doyle and two other cheapos you can quickly take down all the easy-to moderate targets and get to the higher end ones faster which gets me a workshop more quickly. All without much in expenses.

Best early to mid game bonuses after the first week:

- Expert Doctor: If you're focusing at all on combat, this one saves you so much money on stims that it quickly eclipses the value of Expert Soldier after the first week or so and remains useful for the whole game.
I've not tried it yet, but while I still end up in a tendstim-expense crunch at some point in the game, I know as soon as I've everyone in Duraplate wielding coilguns or Greatswords and starting in the first row I won't be needing much healing anymore.

- Expert Scholar: If you're not focusing on combat much, this one gives you a fairly significant permanent income source for the early game plus starts you off with decent academic stats to dig into the classes or books or to start homeschooling your slaves.
It's also about the only place (outside Doctor above) where you can pick up much Sci skill. That can be especially useful if you plan on much early hacking or crafting the fun stuff.

Strongest late game bonus:
- Expert Businessman: Oddly enough this one gives you literally nothing in the early game unless you're set on a pure crafter so I would put it as the absolute weakest early game perk but the combination of the workshop bonus plus the investment bonus makes it scale up to be the strongest late game bonus IMO. This is also the only way to start with high enough crafting skill to be able to make most of the best gear yourself without having to grind up stats first. So you can actually make decent money from crafting alone if you wanted to. For me it takes about 2 months for the Entrepreneur income to scale up to more than the bonus you get from Expert Scholar and it continues to scale infinitely after that. Add in the workshop bonus and nothing else comes close to generating the kind of money this bonus provides. Then again, in the late game you have tons of money anyway so that might not matter to you.
Another place to pick up starting Sci if you want it. A Master Businessman with level two Scholar gives you the highest starting sci you can achieve.

RP only bonuses:
- Expert Slaver: This one gives you a free slave that you can just buy if you don't start with her. She's guaranteed to have both Workaholic and Perfectionist but that's just 1 slave. The real reason to take this one is the boost to sex related stats if you want to focus on slave training early.
Having a guaranteed Workaholic/Perfectionist with Submissive and perhaps two more traits allows you an opportunity to make a damn fine Slave Mistress in short order.

- Expert Hunter: I found this one to be entirely pointless except during the small window of time where I decide to train up a bunch of my scavengers to 60 survival. That's the only time an extra hunting grounds makes any difference to me. It could be a decent money maker at low prosperity if you were focusing on selling food but once prosperity goes up that kind of dries up.
I agree, the bonus here is too far away and takes too long per session. It should be easier to access and work and/or come with a chance to capture slavegirls and such.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've found myself happier with characters for whom I skipped the Expert level as 120 points on the traits and attributes pages is a lot. There's no expert perk as useful long term (and even short term in many cases) as having those points to spend on 'Deadly Strike' and then maxing Charm and Manipulate and be a lady-killer from the get-go.
Yeah for me it depends on whether I'm doing an enhanced start or a rise from the ashes start. With a rise start I find that I get a better overall character going with no skill classes at all even though it means I can't have Deadly Strike. I can get almost all of the other good ones that way.

If I'm doing an enhanced start I don't have to make that sacrifice since I can use Adonis to pick up Deadly Strike without needing any levels in soldier. So I can get all of the traits I want no matter which skill class I choose. Having high starting charm and manipulate is definitely nice but I find those relatively easy to boost so I'd be more likely to pump copulation and kissing instead.

I find the window of advantage a little longer as with Einer, Doyle and two other cheapos you can quickly take down all the easy-to moderate targets and get to the higher end ones faster which gets me a workshop more quickly. All without much in expenses.
Well most of the other expert options that I would consider start with enough influence that I can just grab Ayden literally on day 1 and he's so strong in the early game that the free combat suits and early access to Einar are not that big of a deal to me. Still nice, but I can buy duraplate pretty quickly with Ayden anyway at which point the combat armor is just for respect training on people who are not my A team.

I've not tried it yet, but while I still end up in a tendstim-expense crunch at some point in the game, I know as soon as I've everyone in Duraplate wielding coilguns or Greatswords and starting in the first row I won't be needing much healing anymore.
I tend to burn through stims pretty fast early on so the free heals are nice for me. Once you get a workshop up and running you can make stims and doctors kits for a lot less so the advantage of the free heals diminishes somewhat then. It also partly depends on who the advanced tactics AI decides is going to tank. I haven't figured out how that works yet in the current version. Sometimes I'm always the tank. Sometimes one of my mercs is, and I haven't really found a pattern that explains why yet compared to previous versions.

It's also about the only place (outside Doctor above) where you can pick up much Sci skill. That can be especially useful if you plan on much early hacking or crafting the fun stuff.
Yeah if I'm looking to dive into the academy classes and books immediately then getting the right skill classes to boost my starting academics and science skill to more than 50 each is nice. Without that I usually end up waiting til I have unlocked the palace so I can boost them via drinking at the palace bar. It's expensive but fairly high probability.

Intelligence is really the only stat I find unreasonably grindy to raise so I always start with 90 in that unless it's a rise start, and even then I'd be tempted to skip a trait or two that I normally like so I can start with 90 there.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
As mentioned before, I personally prefer to pick no background at all and just pour points directly on intelligence and manipulate skill, because those are very useful and very difficult to max out any other way.
Manipulate actually isn't that hard to raise if you know the trick to it. Explain Chores and Explain Sex Duties is the key. The problem is there's kind of a limited window of opportunity for those to work right. Your chance of success is better if their willpower is low, but not too low or it's guaranteed not to work. Affection also can't be too high or it doesn't work. So relatively early on I tend to repeatedly explain chores and sex duties to anyone with willpower in about the 30-50 range with amiable or worse affection and then fix the inevitably pissed off attitudes with pool parties, but not so many that they start to love me until I hit 90 manipulate. Then I can boost it further with classes and books.

I follow similar logic with charm and boost it via caress to something ending in a 4 or a 9 and then buy it up to 89 at the doctor's office before taking any classes or reading any books that boost charm.

I find bondage and flagellation more useful to raise at character creation if I'm going to boost sex related stuff since it's very tough to raise either of those without spending a LOT of time and money at the Velvet room (where you can boost both to 70 if you're persistent). Taking slaver skill classes is really the only way to do that so alternatively I will boost copulation and/or kissing instead.

Last edited:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Likely one of the player portraits for the legacy character creation if you do the enhanced start.
Enhanced start explains also the small silhouette of a helicopter (seen 'behind' the characters right ear) as well... :D
Black smoke from chimney? Nah... What I have once seen must be real. No use to gaslight me there. Heh.

Mar 5, 2024
Enhanced start explains also the small silhouette of a helicopter (seen 'behind' the characters right ear) as well... :D
Black smoke from chimney? Nah... What I have once seen must be real. No use to gaslight me there. Heh.
Look closely, you will find <censored> in these yellow eyes. So I guess it might also be a Senator...

Apr 20, 2018
How do ya'll support I have 65 people and using up like 150 rations per day. This is with a big garden maxed out and a level 80 gardener. Any thoughts on maximizing rations?

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
How do ya'll support I have 65 people and using up like 150 rations per day. This is with a big garden maxed out and a level 80 gardener. Any thoughts on maximizing rations?
1. You can have more than one garden.
2. Do you have Mai-Lynn as a gardener? Sounds like you have a good Pantry Girl, which is critical.
3. You can invest in Burakumin Village and then periodically draw rations from them.

Two gardens + Mai + fully developed Burakumin will give you a net surplus overall.

Reactions: khumak and tsap

alocha

Dec 30, 2019
Here is update that makes mod less ugly also some minor fixes.

Unpack it in the main folder. Check out the script.js file for button descriptions. You can add your own scripts and plan your day (it's easy). The html buttons are at the end of the start_game.html. I didn't change anything else.

Also if you don't like that you can't see all transitions between screens go to script.js function clickButton(name): line 18 uncomment it and adjust speed hower you want.

Updated: added "Add as followers 1-4", "Add as followers 5-8", "Remove followers"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment MOR_autotrainer_0.8.3.2(Basic)upd.zip

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Well yeah I can try make it more usable and more fitting style of the game, but I'm not that good with HTML and it will be very boring for me.

Considering the bug you described, if i understood you correctly, it's probably not a bug - the NPC buttons are showing not the actual slots in the NPC menu, but the order in which NPCs are placed there. So for example if you have only one NPC on a page in any slot he/she should be usable from button '1'.

Copy code bellow at the end of the start_game.html right before '</body>'
The bug got fixed by manually appending the code in start_game.html

So, just a wild guess would be that it was the unique slave for tier 2 who messed things up.

Also, it made a huge difference that you decided to put makeup on the buttons in the new version :)

I personally still would prefer a button to hide / unhide them. Maybe I will find some time to add that myself further down the road :unsure:

In any case, this is now by far my favorite mod for Master of Raana... It also happens to be the only one, but it is still really good :D

Edit: One feature which seems to be missing is to assign followers before training and then unassign them after training. Maybe two buttons like this? [Un-/]Assign 1-4 and [Un-/]Assign 5-8?
Then the player can put people who they want to train in slots accordingly and you have also created a much more convenient solution than what is upcoming in the new version for that :)

Last edited:

alocha

Dec 30, 2019

So, just a wild guess would be that it was the unique slave for tier 2 who messed things up.

Also, it made a huge difference that you decided to put makeup on the buttons in the new version :)

I personally still would prefer a button to hide / unhide them. Maybe I will find some time to add that myself further down the road :unsure:

In any case, this is now by far my favorite mod for Master of Raana... It also happens to be the only one, but it is still really good :D
Thanks! Turned out Ayden is considered Paragon(whatever that means) and not a Mercenary, that's why he was not registered. I fixed it in the update.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Thanks! Turned out Ayden is considered Paragon(whatever that means) and not a Mercenary, that's why he was not registered. I fixed it in the update.
Aha, awesome, thanks. I also made an edit with additional comment regarding training in previous reply.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
how do you send captured slaves to fort?
You enter the swamps area Fort Sera is in, open the prisoner processing menu (handcuffs icon lower left) and there should be a donate button there.

Alternatively, if that option is not open yet, you do it by clicking Fort Sera ---> Faction Overview ---> Captured Slaves as shown here:

Your Pantry Girl needs her Domestic stat to be at 80+ so get to homeschooling her. Or just earn a lot of money through the workshop that she can have auto buy rations toggled on no problem. The most efficient way of course is the Burakumin Village mentioned in the other reply post.

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Manipulate actually isn't that hard to raise if you know the trick to it. Explain Chores and Explain Sex Duties is the key. The problem is there's kind of a limited window of opportunity for those to work right. Your chance of success is better if their willpower is low, but not too low or it's guaranteed not to work. Affection also can't be too high or it doesn't work. So relatively early on I tend to repeatedly explain chores and sex duties to anyone with willpower in about the 30-50 range with amiable or worse affection and then fix the inevitably pissed off attitudes with pool parties, but not so many that they start to love me until I hit 90 manipulate. Then I can boost it further with classes and books.

I follow similar logic with charm and boost it via caress to something ending in a 4 or a 9 and then buy it up to 89 at the doctor's office before taking any classes or reading any books that boost charm.

I find bondage and flagellation more useful to raise at character creation if I'm going to boost sex related stuff since it's very tough to raise either of those without spending a LOT of time and money at the Velvet room (where you can boost both to 70 if you're persistent). Taking slaver skill classes is really the only way to do that so alternatively I will boost copulation and/or kissing instead.
Yes, raising manipulate via talking, instead of dominant sex requests turned out to be much more effective.

So, then this will become my new rise from ashes anti-hero.

As for bondage, I typically find that I can just skip everything else and eventually go straight to fucking in the dungeon (other skills seems to compensate). Being bad at flagellation is actually a good thing as failed whipping is the only effective way (that I know) to reduce corruption.

Last edited:

foolsend

Jul 6, 2018
You enter the swamps area Fort Sera is in, open the prisoner processing menu (handcuffs icon lower left) and there should be a donate button there.

Alternatively, if that option is not open yet, you do it by clicking Fort Sera ---> Faction Overview ---> Captured Slaves as shown here:

Your Pantry Girl needs her Domestic stat to be at 80+ so get to homeschooling her. Or just earn a lot of money through the workshop that she can have auto buy rations toggled on no problem. The most efficient way of course is the Burakumin Village mentioned in the other reply post.
thank you

alocha

Dec 30, 2019

Edit: One feature which seems to be missing is to assign followers before training and then unassign them after training. Maybe two buttons like this? [Un-/]Assign 1-4 and [Un-/]Assign 5-8?
Then the player can put people who they want to train in slots accordingly and you have also created a much more convenient solution than what is upcoming in the new version for that :)
Implemented.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes