hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
None of my slaves are combat-viable though. I'm tring to train them up, but discaplin is an issue. They fail their training 9 times out of 10.

"Just grind your stats up then" doesn't work when I have 600 credits left before I go bankrupt.

Might have to let Aiko go. She's costing 60$ a day and she's not worth that.
Rifle-bro costs like $3 per day, and he's an absolute freak.

Bud (the blacksmith's nephew) was worthless. Missed every shot with his pistol then died in one hit.
Even the blacksmith doesn't seem to care that he bit it.
I just picked Bud because he's so cheap. You can get the rifle company dudes as well. My early game party was those two plus Rebecca, all equipped with rifles.
And yeah shotguns, pistols and melee weapons are usless/fall off hard once you can afford rifles.
Bringing "noncombat" slaves can still be worth it, as even if they don't deal damage themselves they can tank a rifle shot, and can get a lucky hit or two with the rifle (reducing healing costs)

The amount of hunting you can do isn't hardcapped per se, it depends on the time of the day and how much game is left. Also read the hints, if you clear one of the bandit groups (Marston Ave) the price for rations goes down by half.

For money, cleaning up bandits should keep you afloat. Again, if you do the main quest you get 4k or something thrown your way. Also you can send your slaves to work during the day, giving you a stable income of 25-50c /day/slave. With that alone you should be close to breaking even. Then you can invest in the businesses.
Also, I hope you are healing your mercs and not just hiring new ones?^^

Jun 10, 2022
Yeah, me doing those fights means that I need to have two mercs employed, an eventually i will run out of goons, but until then i'm making a shit-ton more money than you.
I'm just buying all the housing upgrades and all the books, which is why I'm always so fucking broke.
Plus armour for me, both of my slaves and both of my mercs. (2k a set)
I'm on 8dII. Tried soldiering and you are correct; There is a bottleneck as eventually you run out of mid level targets. The mercs needed to take down the high level targets and gear are cost prohibited for a weak slave/mid tier merc team.

it's counter-intuitive, but I've found going intellect first makes more sense ultimately for a combat build. You gain training in combat as you train your slaves, and you can pull income in the academy while training slaves in the evening.

How close are you to getting arena open? You may have to cut your losses on merc armor, drop the mercs, and stretch your funds while you work on influence to unlock arena. Once that occurs, your financial woes as a soldier become much more manageable.

Jun 10, 2022
I get influence from house upgrades, last time i unlocked the hills without having a single fight. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Didn't do a single quest, either.
How many years of game time did it take to do that?

Not that there is any rush, just curious. i wonder if time will become a factor in a later version since the slave wont' stay on the auction block forever.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
How many years of game time did it take to do that?

Not that there is any rush, just curious. i wonder if time will become a factor in a later version since the slave wont' stay on the auction block forever.
Hmm~ about 200-300 days if i remember right.
Have a bit of a trouble remembering, been some time. Gonna do it again once version 8 hits public.
And since i did not activate any quests, slaves can stay on the block forever if they like. I think. :giggle::coffee:

Jun 10, 2022
Hmm~ about 200-300 days if i remember right.
Have a bit of a trouble remembering, been some time. Gonna do it again once version 8 hits public.
And since i did not activate any quests, slaves can stay on the block forever if they like. I think. :giggle::coffee:
That's my hope too.. That the clock won't start ticking until you begin the main quest line. I bet Grim will throw a wrench into our play style though :). I'm surprised you were able to afford to upgrade the house enough to make a difference on influence that early by only hunting. Very interesting.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That's my hope too.. That the clock won't start ticking until you begin the main quest line. I bet Grim will throw a wrench into our play style though :).
Nah, i don't think he wants to ruin playstyles by adding timers everywhere. :giggle::coffee:
I think we'll be fine and be able to go at our own pace as usual.

I'm surprised you were able to afford to upgrade the house enough to make a difference on influence that early by only hunting. Very interesting.
It's not that hard.
I start with 60 int (science road), and choose the explorer path which gives me extra survival at the start.
Nothing else matter so you can take whatever you like aside from that.
Then, i hunt. I stockpile 500 rations and however much hides i managed to get before reaching that 500 rations, and then sell it all.
The money you get last you till the next 500 batch, and so it goes.
This strategy got me everything i wanted. I maxed the house, i maxed my stats, etc.
Due to the changes in version 8, hunting now became ever more powerful way of slow-burning it through the game.
Things will be a little different now though, instead of selling whenever i reach 500 rations, i will now be selling whenever the plague hits.
Until then, i'm going to stockpile food, but probably not the hides.

It will be fun. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022
Nah, i don't think he wants to ruin playstyles by adding timers everywhere. :giggle::coffee:
I think we'll be fine and be able to go at our own pace as usual.
Well, not really timers "everywhere". The timer for her is already in game. it's just not working yet. The question is when should the clock start ticking.

Jun 10, 2022
Anyone got a good way to raise the MC's willpower? I'm getting terrible rolls in the Academy against bullies. They are crushing my willpower. My intel, Academy and science skills are all high.. but willpower is about 40 now.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Well, not really timers "everywhere". The timer for her is already in game. it's just not working yet. The question is when should the clock start ticking.
Probably when you receive the quest that concerns her, i think it was mentioned in one of the updates Shin posted here.
Something about 200 days.. was it? probably from the point you get that quest. :whistle::coffee:
So if you won't get the quest, the timer likely won't start ticking.

Anyone got a good way to raise the MC's willpower? I'm getting terrible rolls in the Academy against bullies. They are crushing my willpower. My intel, Academy and science skills are all high.. but willpower is about 40 now.
Maybe morning blowjobs from your slaves?
I noticed those sometimes increase your willpower. :whistle::coffee:

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
Edit: That said, which hunting strat do you use? Search, Stand or Decoy?
Do they even change anything? It doesn't seem to say.
Hunting is great - Survivalist path, Wild-born trait, the Rifle trait. You get high cash without bleeding Plasma or coil ammo ($50-100 per shot?) and no need to repair armor.

There are some stategy tips on the .

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler
Jun 10, 2022
Probably when you receive the quest that concerns her, i think it was mentioned in one of the updates Shin posted here.
Something about 200 days.. was it? probably from the point you get that quest. :whistle::coffee:
So if you won't get the quest, the timer likely won't start ticking.

Maybe morning blowjobs from your slaves?
I noticed those sometimes increase your willpower. :whistle::coffee:
Hmmm, I've got both slaves doing that and I'm still losing it over time.

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
Have you read all the Domination/Persuasion books?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
There are some stategy tips on the .
Ah, there's the info i was missing.
Looks like crossbow is optimal indeed. :giggle::coffee:
As for hunting methods... yeah, no way i can remember all of that. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
But i'll try.

Hmmm, I've got both slaves doing that and I'm still losing it over time.
If i remember right you only need to work at the academy 15 days per month.
How about using the other 15 days to hunt, for example?
Meanwhile the slaves will be helping your willpower back up with their morning attention. :giggle::coffee:

Jun 10, 2022
Have you read all the Domination/Persuasion books?
Ya... started as a scientist, read all books, took all classes. influence at academy currently about 150. it's just slowly going down as i'm getting a lot of random bully encounters and failing a lot. i do occasionally gain a point winning a intel duel, but not enough to slow the downward trend.

Jun 10, 2022
Ah, there's the info i was missing.
Looks like crossbow is optimal indeed. :giggle::coffee:
As for hunting methods... yeah, no way i can remember all of that. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
But i'll try.

If i remember right you only need to work at the academy 15 days per month.
How about using the other 15 days to hunt, for example?
Meanwhile the slaves will be helping your willpower back up with their morning attention. :giggle::coffee:
I just quick cycled through 30 days to see how often it would bump up. didn't get a single increase.... Need to find something more reliable.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Playing with the fear/defiance update. I love how once a girl's corruption gets high enough they flirt with you when you threaten them, lol. Great touch. Although, that is making increasing discipline through punishment practically impossible, haha.
now that you mention it, your right! they are getting a bit sassier when scolding them. i figured it was a byproduct of my high willpower/high corruption experiment, but i have piper and her willpower is super low and its hard to raise because it shoots right down anytime i so much as sneeze (traits submissive and another one i cant remember). she just hit 40 corruption and her responses are getting kinda... hungry.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Did someone try a non-combattant char on 0.8 (based on Academics/intelligence)? Is it playable?
i always run a int/will and manip/charm focused build, and still run combat. just gotta buy the best mercs you can get (doyle/felix) and use your girls as meatshields in the beginning. yes, they will faceplant. yes, you wont be able to hit anything. but i can amass $10k in approx 15 days doing that.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
besides the occasionally +1 willpower you get from random events and interactions (and the morning bjs), goto the spa and get a massage from one of the two girls. chillin in the spa getting a massage will sometimes get you a +1 will, and getting the bj and selecting the degrading cum option will sometimes get you +1 will.

i do it everyday, my will is... ill just throw up my MC stats for my current run. keep in mind i didnt speed thru like i normally do, i was taking my time to check for any glitches/bugs or inconsistencies to report.
1658642323015.png

Reactions: ChangoFeroz

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
besides the occasionally +1 willpower you get from random events and interactions (and the morning bjs), goto the spa and get a massage from one of the two girls. chillin in the spa getting a massage will sometimes get you a +1 will, and getting the bj and selecting the degrading cum option will sometimes get you +1 will.

i do it everyday, my will is... ill just throw up my MC stats for my current run. keep in mind i didnt speed thru like i normally do, i was taking my time to check for any glitches/bugs or inconsistencies to report.
View attachment 1943154
Damn you're old. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes