ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 9:08 PM
New district: Corazon Gorge
You're able to unlock a new jungle district after acquiring Aria from the slave market in Crystal Heights. This district, reachable from Darkmere Ferry, will remain open even after completing her quest. It offers a new pelt hunting location, two PoIs and a very, very dangerous enemy.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
quick experiment on 0.8D II alpha test:

so you can now piss of a girl to the maximum, but if you terrorize her, escape risk dwindles down to zero

1658740470354.png

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
1658741271600.png

this works with high willpower slaves as well. bought sofia, terrorized her and then put her on the rack, then fucked her every day, in that order. 3 days later, 0 escape chance.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
this works with high willpower slaves as well. bought sofia, terrorized her and then put her on the rack, then fucked her every day, in that order. 3 days later, 0 escape chance.
Is there any use of slaves in such state? Can they work and make money or are there just useable as sex toy?

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I just picked Bud because he's so cheap. You can get the rifle company dudes as well. My early game party was those two plus Rebecca, all equipped with rifles.
And yeah shotguns, pistols and melee weapons are usless/fall off hard once you can afford rifles.
Bringing "noncombat" slaves can still be worth it, as even if they don't deal damage themselves they can tank a rifle shot, and can get a lucky hit or two with the rifle (reducing healing costs)

The amount of hunting you can do isn't hardcapped per se, it depends on the time of the day and how much game is left. Also read the hints, if you clear one of the bandit groups (Marston Ave) the price for rations goes down by half.

For money, cleaning up bandits should keep you afloat. Again, if you do the main quest you get 4k or something thrown your way. Also you can send your slaves to work during the day, giving you a stable income of 25-50c /day/slave. With that alone you should be close to breaking even. Then you can invest in the businesses.
Also, I hope you are healing your mercs and not just hiring new ones?^^
Yeah, i'm sticking with the same couple of mercs.
I don't know what you mean by 'Rifle Company'
I've using the Savant from Sloppy Moes. He's retarded, but a damn good shot.

I gave my non-combatants pistols because of the low recoil. (I forget how the recoil mechanic works, but it's like a skill-check for ranged damage skill, I think?)
I also drag them along just for the respect bonus.

As for Hunting, you are hard-capped on attempts per day. If you show up first thing in the morning, you get four attempts before it gets dark.

I'm not sure where to invest, to be honest. There's the place near the hunting ground, but a lot of the others look like shady ventures that will likely either not pay off or give me big negatives.
Once I get the annex up, I guess I can hire more slaves and have them work menial jobs for free income, while I work on training my main two.

What level is your garden at? You have garden tools? When famine hits prices for food goes way up. i just sold 1400 food at 10c each. What for the messages about food spikes.
Huh, havn't had a food shortage yet.

I'm on 8dII. Tried soldiering and you are correct; There is a bottleneck as eventually you run out of mid level targets. The mercs needed to take down the high level targets and gear are cost prohibited for a weak slave/mid tier merc team.

it's counter-intuitive, but I've found going intellect first makes more sense ultimately for a combat build. You gain training in combat as you train your slaves, and you can pull income in the academy while training slaves in the evening.
True.

How close are you to getting arena open? You may have to cut your losses on merc armor, drop the mercs, and stretch your funds while you work on influence to unlock arena. Once that occurs, your financial woes as a soldier become much more manageable.
Not sure, but the mercs aren't a loss. If you keep the same two mercs around long term, and one of them is Rifle Savant (who is basically free) then maintaining the two mercs barely costs anything once you've bought them armour.

It's 60c for Aiko and 3c for RS. With the two of them (and my now one capable rifle-slave) I can hunt bandits for cash.
Bandits with guns are still threatening, but if i'm lucky I can win.
Melee enemies are kind of a joke. Getting a full round of attacks off for free before they can reach me is a huge advantage.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
As for Hunting, you are hard-capped on attempts per day. If you show up first thing in the morning, you get four attempts before it gets dark.
Yes something like that, which is not a problem at all by the way. :whistle::coffee:
You can use the night to train for example or sleep, or do other stuff and then hunt again in the morning.
I admit it would be interesting if you could hunt at night but probably bad idea realistically, especially on a planet full of creatures that see you as an easy snack. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

There's the place near the hunting ground, but a lot of the others look like shady ventures that will likely either not pay off or give me big negatives.
Actually most of those shady businesses make for a pretty good passive income.
They do have risks though but those are very minimal in my opinion so feel free to invest. :whistle::coffee:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Can girls in the Annex still work jobs/go to university?
I kinda want to get a couple of extras for passive income then stuff them into the annex after training them a bit.
But I don't seem to be able to interact with them in any way once they're in there.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Can girls in the Annex still work jobs/go to university?
I kinda want to get a couple of extras for passive income then stuff them into the annex after training them a bit.
But I don't seem to be able to interact with them in any way once they're in there.
They can. I'm not sure if it's changed since I played last but afaik you just have to assign them to the job before putting them into the annex. So you may have to shuffle some slaves around if you need to pull a girl out and assign her to a job before putting her back in the annex.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
They can. I'm not sure if it's changed since I played last but afaik you just have to assign them to the job before putting them into the annex. So you may have to shuffle some slaves around if you need to pull a girl out and assign her to a job before putting her back in the annex.
Yes this.
It's a bit weird to be honest because it's difficult to tell if the girl in the annex is working or not, before version 8 this information was not displayed anywhere, but after version 8 i'm not sure, it may be displayed somewhere now. :whistle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
which ones? I couldn't find investment opportunities, and the wiki was oddly mum on the subject
Try clicking on bandits all over the map, you'll find some special cases soon enough i wager.
Admittedly would have been a good idea to mark bandit groups that can be invested into in a different color than red.
(Actually, maybe certain someone already did that. Or planned it at least...)

GD-studios

Last edited:
Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
which ones? I couldn't find investment opportunities, and the wiki was oddly mum on the subject
I wish I could remember the specifics for you, but I know there's two bandit groups/ "businesses of questionable legality" you can invest in, and iirc they have the same icon as other bandit groups so you may have been avoiding them unintentionally. There's also a trade caravan thing you can invest in if you clear out the tribals outside of town

Edit: Damn, beaten to the punch by like twenty seconds

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Try clicking on bandits all over the map, you'll find some special cases soon enough i wager.
Admittedly would have been a good idea to mark bandit groups that can be invested into in a different color than red.

GD-studios
Oh, I thought there were actual legitimate businesses you could invest in.
IIRC there was even a mention that clearing out bandits increases your income... It did not occur to me that it is due to killing the competition

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Oh, I thought there were actual legitimate businesses you could invest in.
There are, but very few.... for now at least.
Some of them also being squeezed by heavily armed gangs, blocking you from profiting off them.
Like a certain caravan. Those will require clearing up first, and for that you will require a powerful party.
On the other hand, the "slightly illegitimate" business opportunities you can find out there are easy to find and easy to start profiting from. Ironically enough. :whistle::coffee:

IIRC there was even a mention that clearing out bandits increases your income...
Maybe, i have not noticed that one. If that is true then it's a nice touch. :unsure::coffee:
Invest in bandits all over the city, then clear out the competition to help out "your" bandits and therefore increase your cut... sounds wonderful. :devilish::coffee:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Maybe, i have not noticed that one. If that is true then it's a nice touch. :unsure::coffee:
Invest in bandits all over the city, then clear out the competition to help out "your" bandits and therefore increase your cut... sounds wonderful. :devilish::coffee:
The dockyard punks or whatever they're called, they spawn in the docks and have their own counter to keep track of how many are left. When their numbers are above a certain amount they disrupt your business and reduce your income, you have to pay them off or else kill enough of them

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
The dockyard punks or whatever they're called, they spawn in the docks and have their own counter to keep track of how many are left. When their numbers are above a certain amount they disrupt your business and reduce your income
I think i remember about that one, but haven't bothered to clear them out because it takes a while to mop them up since their respawn rate has a delay. But i haven't heard of other groups like that, i wonder if there are more. :unsure::coffee:
Also you probably can't permanently kill them off, so maybe paying them off will be more effective long-term if you can't be arsed mopping them up all the time.:whistle::coffee:

Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I think i heard about that one, but haven't bothered to clear them out because it takes a while to mop them up since their respawn rate has a delay. But i haven't heard of other groups like that, i wonder if there are more. :unsure::coffee:
Also you probably can't permanently kill them off, so maybe paying them off will be more effective long-term if you can't be arsed mopping them up all the time.:whistle::coffee:
I killed them all in my last save, it did take a while but they're not difficult enemies so I mostly just made checking the docks every day part of my routine. If they had respawned, i'd kill em again. Then eventually that wore their numbers down low enough. The slow respawn rate works against them, too, since once you bring them down below that threshold they take a long while to build their numbers back up again, and it's very easy to simply keep wiping them out once every three to five days, ensuring they never can rebuild their numbers.

Gotta admit though, it was mostly due to stubbornness. I refuse to give them any of my well-earned money, and I cannot simply allow these men to steal the income I am entitled to. No, that just wouldn't do.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes