♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I killed them all in my last save, it did take a while but they're not difficult enemies so I mostly just made checking the docks every day part of my routine. If they had respawned, i'd kill em again. Then eventually that wore their numbers down low enough. The slow respawn rate works against them, too, since once you bring them down below that threshold they take a long while to build their numbers back up again, and it's very easy to simply keep wiping them out once every three to five days, ensuring they never can rebuild their numbers.
It would be nice if we could invade wherever it is their base of operations is located and raze that place to the ground so that they stop respawning. Maybe this is actually already planned... who knows.
I'd prefer to hunt instead of being forced to drop by the docks, after all. :whistle::coffee:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
It would be nice if we could invade wherever it is their base of operations is located and raze that place to the ground so that they stop respawning. Maybe this is actually already planned... who knows.
I'd prefer to hunt instead of being forced to drop by the docks, after all. :whistle::coffee:
Ah, but it is hunting! Hunting the most dangerous game, in fact! But yeah, maybe we'll see that in the major Crime update Grim has planned somewhere down the line

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I think i remember about that one, but haven't bothered to clear them out because it takes a while to mop them up since their respawn rate has a delay. But i haven't heard of other groups like that, i wonder if there are more. :unsure::coffee:
Also you probably can't permanently kill them off, so maybe paying them off will be more effective long-term if you can't be arsed mopping them up all the time.:whistle::coffee:
why pay them, when you can kill them and take their stuff. same effect on business, but now you also get loot

now we just need a bad enough famine that people will be willing to pay for mystery meat

• Thinking Face

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
why pay them, when you can kill them and take their stuff.
If you can't be arsed going to the docks all the time i think this method of solving the problem is valid, what you pay them is probably a drop in an ocean anyway. :whistle::coffee:
same effect on business, but now you also get loot
Oh please... as if their loot is anything to write home about. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
now we just need a bad enough famine that people will be willing to pay for mystery meat
Well now, you have some scary ideas bruh. :devilish::coffee:

Reactions: mrttao

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
I'm sure they're what the bandits themselves had bought at the market.... probably. :devilish::coffee:
Lucky me that i'm a hunter/explorer huh, i make my own grub. :cool::coffee:
Grub is grub. Until there's an olfactory analysis to precisely differentiate bandit-originated foodstuff from every other kind (and your scullery maid knows exactly what she's doing) it is nigh impossible to avoid some contamination.
Atm. never pick up rations the bandits leave on the ground, stop buying from the local market - the shopkeeper might have bought the bandits' surplus - and you are theoretically able to keep your grub nice and pure.

• Haha

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Yeah, i'm sticking with the same couple of mercs.
I don't know what you mean by 'Rifle Company'
I've using the Savant from Sloppy Moes. He's retarded, but a damn good shot.

I gave my non-combatants pistols because of the low recoil. (I forget how the recoil mechanic works, but it's like a skill-check for ranged damage skill, I think?)
I also drag them along just for the respect bonus.

As for Hunting, you are hard-capped on attempts per day. If you show up first thing in the morning, you get four attempts before it gets dark.

I'm not sure where to invest, to be honest. There's the place near the hunting ground, but a lot of the others look like shady ventures that will likely either not pay off or give me big negatives.
Once I get the annex up, I guess I can hire more slaves and have them work menial jobs for free income, while I work on training my main two.

Huh, havn't had a food shortage yet.

True.

Not sure, but the mercs aren't a loss. If you keep the same two mercs around long term, and one of them is Rifle Savant (who is basically free) then maintaining the two mercs barely costs anything once you've bought them armour.

It's 60c for Aiko and 3c for RS. With the two of them (and my now one capable rifle-slave) I can hunt bandits for cash.
Bandits with guns are still threatening, but if i'm lucky I can win.
Melee enemies are kind of a joke. Getting a full round of attacks off for free before they can reach me is a huge advantage.
if you do all the investments, clear out the dock punks, and have rebecca on friendly for the increase in business/investment income, you can clear $300 a day in passive income.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
They can. I'm not sure if it's changed since I played last but afaik you just have to assign them to the job before putting them into the annex. So you may have to shuffle some slaves around if you need to pull a girl out and assign her to a job before putting her back in the annex.
this is no longer necessary. you can assign girls to jobs or classes directly from the slave interaction screen.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 9:39 AM
On Sunday (Alpha 0.8e) you'll be able to fully explore Corazon Gorge - the first part of a larger jungle area that'll be used for many future quests and expeditions. A haven for hunters and looters!

1658822582289.png

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
which ones? I couldn't find investment opportunities, and the wiki was oddly mum on the subject
Just outside of the city in the area where you can hunt, there's a group that seems actually legitimate?
IIRC it's like 1200 credits in exchange for 10 credits per day. (x3 if you can clear out the tribal harassing them)
There's also another opertunity on the same zone, where you give some guys a big stack of money and they use it to buy guns and hunt tribals.
You don't get any money from this one, but they do reduce the tribe for you.

I didn't bother with it, i'm gonna kill em all personally, for that loot and exp.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Just outside of the city in the area where you can hunt, there's a group that seems actually legitimate?
IIRC it's like 1200 credits in exchange for 10 credits per day. (x3 if you can clear out the tribal harassing them)
There's also another opertunity on the same zone, where you give some guys a big stack of money and they use it to buy guns and hunt tribals.
You don't get any money from this one, but they do reduce the tribe for you.

I didn't bother with it, i'm gonna kill em all personally, for that loot and exp.
You can leave the city? there is a zone outside the city where you can hunt?
huh. I need to go over the map again but I must have missed something.
Also thanks for the info, i will rush to do that

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Eh?
You seriously never saw what's beyond the broken wall?
The closest hunting spot is there, you even unlock quick-move from your house to there, once you discover the place. :whistle::coffee:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
BTW, most of the fights this run (my only run), I ended up leaving the loot behind, because I did not realize you need to actually click on the loot to take it once it shows up in the "available loot" screen after you kill someone.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
BTW, most of the fights this run (my only run), I ended up leaving the loot behind, because I did not realize you need to actually click on the loot to take it once it shows up in the "available loot" screen after you kill someone.
ive mentioned to Grim that he might want to switch to a straight up perma-autoloot. but thats a minor thing as most ppl will figure it out. plus, it would prob be part of the combat revamp

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
When you're outside of your house there's a button that shows the overmap on the bottom left. From there you can find a route out of the city.
Edit: Also, Kasey's 's Park has Best Girl for hire.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes