JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
well, I know it's something silly, but I don't know how to assign slave in my followers.it jsut show slave slot and unaasigned, but nothing there for me to assign them.
I can hire merc easily, but when come to slave, I don't know what to do.
When in your house you should just be able to click on their portrait at the bottom. A ring highlights around the portrait and they will now accompany you outside. Be sure to equip armor and a weapon beforehand. Is that what you're asking?

tan3dead

Oct 21, 2017
Erm, which portraits? i don't see any though, sorry but I downloaded from the 1st page. don't know something wrong?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
well, I know it's something silly, but I don't know how to assign slave in my followers.it jsut show slave slot and unaasigned, but nothing there for me to assign them.
I can hire merc easily, but when come to slave, I don't know what to do.
Click on the sword-wielding girl right next to her name. Click again to unassign!

Reactions: tan3dead

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
To be fair that did circumvent the only downside to using the most expensive guns available
Ammo price is not the only downside. :whistle::coffee:
Though i do hope Mr.GD-studios there will add more gun variations with more upsides and downsides to increase their uniqueness.
Well, likely eventually, maybe when combat gets revamped. :whistle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Okay so why else would I ever use a crossbow, pistol, rifle over the plasma rifle?
Or rifle/pistol/crossbow over assault rifle/railgun if the skill is there?
Long story short, plasma rifle doesn't have armor penetration, so that 60 damage it does, on an armored opponent, will be easily halfed.
I prefer coilguns. The damage may be 45 but they penetrate armor. Much cheaper, too.

But there is no telling what will happen once combat gets revamped so.. well, i guess we'll get there when we'll get there.
Will be fun figuring it out i'm sure. :whistle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Come to think of it, i wonder how much armor those new lizards are packing.
In that new area. Going after those things with plasma rifles will probably be a big mistake. :sneaky::coffee:

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Okay so why else would I ever use a crossbow, pistol, rifle over the plasma rifle?
Or rifle/pistol/crossbow over assault rifle/railgun if the skill is there?
Crossbow is cheap and I believe (I could be wrong here) you get more hide per kill when hunting. As for the others, price savings against weak opponents.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
is the world in this game inspired by some book or something? because i thought the world building was absolutely fantastic.

I told the dev once, this reminded me of John Norman's GOR series. Nice mixture of swords and guns, slave girls, not an easy society in which to survive.

Reactions: joe1111

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
Long story short, plasma rifle doesn't have armor penetration, so that 60 damage it does, on an armored opponent, will be easily halfed.
I prefer coilguns. The damage may be 45 but they penetrate armor. Much cheaper, too.

But there is no telling what will happen once combat gets revamped so.. well, i guess we'll get there when we'll get there.
Will be fun figuring it out i'm sure. :whistle::coffee:
Armor penetration never ignore all armor. Through many experiments I have found that plasma does more with any armor. Also, there is no recoil penalty. And on 7.9.4 slaves don't need ammo :)

Reactions: jsmith27x

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Armor penetration never ignore all armor. Through many experiments I have found that plasma does more with any armor. Also, there is no recoil penalty. And on 7.9.4 slaves don't need ammo :)
If that is true then it needs fixing, clearly.
Although, probably doesn't matter anymore since combat will be revamped at some point. :whistle::coffee:
The Armor Penetration trait means that a weapon will ignore 20-30% of an enemy armor's soak. If your enemy was wearing Duraplate, for eample, which has a soak of 35, it'd ignore roughly 10 of that soak max. The coilgun has a damage of 45, so subtract the 25 remaining soak and you'd do at max 20 damage. The plasma gun does sixty but is subject to the full damage reduction of 35, so only 25 will connect. That's a difference of only five damage. Note that I don't factor crits into this equation.

The differences are more exaggerated with lower tier armors, like 30 vs 39 damage max against combat armor, but for higher soak enemies, that five damage isn't worth $100 a shot in my personal opinion. I use a coilgun as my everday weapon, and keep a plasma rifle around for those really tough fights where every point of damage matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: RosX
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes