ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Ammo price is not the only downside. :whistle::coffee:
Though i do hope Mr.GD-studios there will add more gun variations with more upsides and downsides to increase their uniqueness.
Well, likely eventually, maybe when combat gets revamped. :whistle::coffee:
additional weapons, both melee/ranged, high/low tech have been previously discussed. which ones make it into the combat revamp will remain to be seen.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
is the world in this game inspired by some book or something? because i thought the worldbuilding was absolutly fantastic.
all it it is original world building from Grim's own imagination, fueled by years of tabletop RPG GM'ing. he spent approx a year coming up with the game premise, lore and word building while learning the basics of twine/sugarcube.

Reactions: GD-studios

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
The 20-30% number comes directly from Grim as a reply to someone asking the specifics of armor piercing on the Discord a few months back.
dont get used to those numbers. Grim already added in slaves using ammo. i have a feeling that he has been working on other primary elements of the game in parallel to the SSA goals. hes made a habit of sneaking in features that were on the original game roadmap, long before the demand for better/increased slave interactions reached a fever pitch.

though he may not answer every single inquiry here on F95 or discord, he reads EVERY SINGLE ONE. plus, i try my best to answer as much as i can so he doesnt have to, so he can have more dev time on the game, rather that managing community feedback.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 10:26 AM
0.8e (Tier3+) release scheduled for tomorrow at 1 p.m. ET!

Final Alpha of version 0.8!

First part or MoR Enhanced (Tier4+) should go live around 0.8's public release in the first half of August. I'll post more information about this next week.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
When 8.0e- will be available for T3 I will going support it. And so far I have one small and one big gripe.
My big gripe is, the system is not allowing to expand space at home. Make it expensive if it is needed but I want to store more slaves at home.
My small gripe is, that I can not interact with the girls in the annex. I need regulary to swipe them out.

bob765h

Jan 2, 2019
I told the dev once, this reminded me of John Norman's GOR series. Nice mixture of swords and guns, slave girls, not an easy society in which to survive.
No gun (no motor, no radio) in Gor or gods kill you with lightning.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
but guns on Earth, where they get their slave girls...and, it's been 30+ years since I've read Norman's GOR.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
The 20-30% number comes directly from Grim as a reply to someone asking the specifics of armor piercing on the Discord a few months back.
I don't know how it was then or how it is now, but that's not the case for version 0.7.9.4.

The hit chance and damage dealt are all calculated in the "CombatRoll" passage. Armor penetration does not actually reduce armor, but rather increases your damage. (So it'll still say an enemy soaked 30 damage regardless of whether or not your weapon has penetration, but you did deal more damage to him than otherwise.)

For the first enemy (the one in slot 1 of the enemy formation):
ArmorBonus Damage
38+7
25+5
14+3
9+1

For all the others, it only takes into account the bottom 2 rows (so a max of 3 bonus damage).

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I don't know how it was then or how it is now, but that's not the case for version 0.7.9.4.

The hit chance and damage dealt are all calculated in the "CombatRoll" passage. Armor penetration does not actually reduce armor, but rather increases your damage. (So it'll still say an enemy soaked 30 damage regardless of whether or not your weapon has penetration, but you did deal more damage to him than otherwise.)

For the first enemy (the one in slot 1 of the enemy formation):
ArmorBonus Damage
38+7
25+5
14+3
9+1

For all the others, it only takes into account the bottom 2 rows (so a max of 3 bonus damage).
Interesting, I can't find any mention of the mechanics having been changed in the changelog going back to when Grim gave those numbers, so I assumed the system was unchanged. Now that I know what to look for I did find that passage as well.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, a coilgun would deal 45+7 damage to an enemy with 38 soak, for a total of 52. Of that, 38 gets soaked, leaving a total of 14 damage. The Plasma Rifle, on the other hand, would deal a flat 60, and after soak we get a max non crit damage of 22. That's... not quite as good as I thought, armor piercing is much less powerful than I believed

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Even if this is accurate, Plasma Rifle should not deal more damage than an AP-weapon on an armored opponent.
Otherwise the point of AP kinda disappears. :whistle::coffee:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Even if this is accurate, Plasma Rifle should not deal more damage than an AP-weapon on an armored opponent.
Otherwise the point of AP kinda disappears. :whistle::coffee:
It does vastly more damage than the AP weapon you're talking about.

The revolver counts as AP too, but that doesn't mean it should do more damage than an endgame non-ap weapon.

The problem is the coilgun's low base-damage.
It should either be available earlier, or do more damage. By the time you get to it, it's completely overshadowed by other weapons in the same store that you can buy it from.

It's a little more economical, but that doesn't really make much diffrence.
Although I guess it will, with the new update.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It does vastly more damage than the AP weapon you're talking about.
???
If you are talking about the coilgun then 5-8 extra damage with plasma rifle is not what i would call "vastly more damage."
The revolver counts as AP too, but that doesn't mean it should do more damage than an endgame non-ap weapon.
Obviously, since we have "end-game" AP weapons like the coilgun for that.
Revolvers and lower tier weapons would be the "early-to-mid game" solutions, and so naturally they won't be stacking up against "end-game" weapons like plasma rifle or the coilgun.

But you're missing the point, which is that an end-game AP weapon like the coilgun, should not be outperformed by an end-game non-ap weapon like the plasma rifle, when dealing with armored opponents. Because plasma rifle as i understand it, was meant to demolish non-armored opponents. (Which is kinda funny come to think of it, because plasma rifle is obviously an end-game weapon, and yet, what kind of opponent would not be armored at the end-game?) :sneaky::coffee:
Otherwise, we may as well just delete the AP system and just go with the most expensive gun on the market.
Will be same difference anyway. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
If you are talking about the coilgun then 5-8 extra damage with plasma rifle is not what i would call "vastly more damage."
It doesn't do 5-8 more damage. 15 points more damage. (45 for coil and 60 for plasma)
This difference is big enough that even if after a big chunk of it's damage is blocked by the best armour currently in the game, it STILL does 5 more damage, minimum, than the coilgun.

So yes, vastly. Because it completely invalidates the coilgun's entire existence. Exactly like how the sniper-rifle invalidates the revolver.
Except the rifle has more recoil than the revolver, presumably. (I don't remember) so it might be more useful for low-skill characters.
The Plasma rifle can be used by anyone because it has no recoil.

Obviously, since we have "end-game" AP weapons like the coilgun for that.
It's not really 'end game' though, is it? Because it's weaker than it's own non-piercing alternative.
Meaning that the plasma gun is better against both armoured and unarmoured targets. It's a direct upgrade.

The coilgun is basically the mid-tier upgrade that you get after the assault rifle, but before the plasma rifle.
Except that you unlock it at the same time, so functionally it's just the inferior version that you buy if you happen to be broke.

(Which is kinda funny come to think of it, because plasma rifle is obviously an end-game weapon, and yet, what kind of opponent would not be armored at the end-game?)
Something non-technological, I guess. Some big monster with oodles of HP but no armour?

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
It doesn't do 5-8 more damage. 15 points more damage. (45 for coil and 60 for plasma)
This difference is big enough that even if after a big chunk of it's damage is blocked by the best armour currently in the game, it STILL does 5 more damage, minimum, than the coilgun.

So yes, vastly. Because it completely invalidates the coilgun's entire existence. Exactly like how the sniper-rifle invalidates the revolver.
Except the rifle has more recoil than the revolver, presumably. (I don't remember) so it might be more useful for low-skill characters.
The Plasma rifle can be used by anyone because it has no recoil.
The rifle actually has the same recoil penalty as the revolver according to the wiki (both classed as "high" recoil which imparts the max penalty for underskilled users) the difference being that the rifle does more damage at long range, (30 long, 20 at short range) and the revolver is the opposite (20 at long, 32 at short.) Both have armor piercing. The revolver is a unique weapon for tier2+ people though, which may explain why it's surprisingly powerful. The other pistol, the 9mm handgun, is significantly weaker.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Coil gun costs 25 a shot, versus 100 a round for plasma. That's not an insignificant tradeoff.
Correct.

The Plasma weapon is meant as a slightly higher tier than the coilgun, but the cost of purchase, plus the cost of ammo (now one round with three plasma rifles costs $300, compared to $75 for the coilgun) make the choice of upgrading questionable for someone who isn't filthy rich.

And as stated before, the AP parameter adds damage instead of decreasing Soak. "Roughly" 20-30% more - based on weapon and RNG. This somewhat confusing effect should be considered a "quick fix" until the combat revamp arrives later!

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Correct.

The Plasma weapon is meant as a slightly higher tier than the coilgun, but the cost of purchase, plus the cost of ammo (now one round with three plasma rifles costs $300, compared to $75 for the coilgun) make the choice of upgrading questionable for someone who isn't filthy rich.

And as stated before, the AP parameter adds damage instead of decreasing Soak. "Roughly" 20-30% more - based on weapon and RNG. This somewhat confusing effect should be considered a "quick fix" until the combat revamp arrives later!
Thanks for confirming. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: GD-studios

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
though he may not answer every single inquiry here on F95 or discord, he reads EVERY SINGLE ONE. plus, i try my best to answer as much as i can so he doesnt have to, so he can have more dev time on the game, rather that managing community feedback.
Yeah. I check this forum perhaps ten times a day. A lot of bugfixes and suggestions from you guys have made it into the game, so keep it up! I'd love to be able to answer every post but I've been completely soaked with 0.8 these past two months. Add family matters and a full-time job to that and there's very little time left. Although I'm planning on doing something about that full-time job part later this year. ;)

Reactions: cuchulin

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 7:52 AM

Version 0.8e has been released (Tier3+)!

This is 0.8 in its fullest glory. All systems and quests are now implemented and should work as intended.

Today's release contains about 35 additional sex renders compared to 0.8d(II) - Caitlin's orals, and lots of new Aria positions/cum events.

Download links can be found in the tier3 and tier4 channels here on Discord!

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes