ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Any money cheat?
I'm fed up being beaten in uninteresting combat and can't understand how to make money in this game
refer to the wiki:

unlike other games, if you dont spec for decent combat skills in character creation, you will get schooled by barefisted punks. if you have specced in non-combat stats/skills, then you will need to mitigate your weakness by hiring decent mercs in the beginning till you can train yourself up to a decent level. get some slave girls to come along, even if they suck at combat. they will suffice as meatshields in the beginning, but as you fight, your combat stats/skills will go up and things will become easier.

remember, combat is just one part of the game. there are many non-combat ways to progress. combat is the harder/more risky, but more lucrative way to make money in the beginning.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
How to move someone from the annex to the household? It's so frustrating without a proper wiki
for the wiki. discord has more details currently. check the changelog for more specifics.

1660481542367.png

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
I'm new and having read your strat I gave it a try. What do you do with the raw meat and skins? I can't find where to sell it.
Go to crafting and make leather and meals.
Hunting however only works if you have high survival skill

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'm new and having read your strat I gave it a try. What do you do with the raw meat and skins? I can't find where to sell it.
Once you are done hunting you need to process meat into rations and skins into leather.
You can do that by clicking on: Facilities>crafting>manage resources (you will require loom installed to process leather though.)
In this menu click on "prepare meat" to process meat into rations.
And on "prepare leather" to process skins into leather.

After that you can go to market and sell rations(food) (some things may affect the price of food such as famine which sharply spikes food price.)
You can also go to armor store and sell leather there. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: Gunner Rey

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Hunting however only works if you have high survival skill
No, you can hunt just fine with just 25 survival which you can easily obtain during character creation.
I have personally tested this by creating a new character in v8 of the game and went with grimdark difficulty, even. :cool::coffee:
I didn't even pick the "wealthy" trait when creating my character and despite all of this i survived and thrived, on just hunting alone.

Last edited:

Hephannon

Mar 1, 2020
refer to the wiki:

unlike other games, if you dont spec for decent combat skills in character creation, you will get schooled by barefisted punks. if you have specced in non-combat stats/skills, then you will need to mitigate your weakness by hiring decent mercs in the beginning till you can train yourself up to a decent level. get some slave girls to come along, even if they suck at combat. they will suffice as meatshields in the beginning, but as you fight, your combat stats/skills will go up and things will become easier.

remember, combat is just one part of the game. there are many non-combat ways to progress. combat is the harder/more risky, but more lucrative way to make money in the beginning.
Yeah but Hunting, working in a plant etc seem super grindy, how can I get 100 grands unless doing it for the rest of my (gamer) life lol ?
I want to f*ck and train my slaves not work in a factory !!

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Yeah but Hunting, working in a plant etc seem super grindy, how can I get 100 grands unless doing it for the rest of my (gamer) life lol ?
I want to f*ck and train my slaves not work in a factory !!
You seem like one of dem impatient types.
Tier4 supporters get access to "cheat"ish archetypes that can start with up to 1mil money.
Maybe try that, then. :whistle::coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: dmmt

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Once you are done hunting you need to process meat into rations and skins into leather.
You can do that by clicking on: Facilities>crafting>manage resources (you will require loom installed to process leather though.)
In this menu click on "prepare meat" to process meat into rations.
And on "prepare leather" to process skins into leather.

After that you can go to market and sell rations(food) (some things may affect the price of food such as famine which sharply spikes food price.)
You can also go to armor store and sell leather there. :giggle::coffee:
Thanks!

Where are all the hunting spots? I found the one in Imogen's Barrow but that's getting depleted and I've not yet seen another.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Thanks!

Where are all the hunting spots? I found the one in Imogen's Barrow but that's getting depleted and I've not yet seen another.
No problem.
The one in the barrow is the closest and easiest to get to so i mostly farm that one, even when it's depleted.
There should be around 3-4 different hunting spots, some unlocked with quests, sadly i don't recall the quest that unlocks the next closest one, maybe someone in here can remind us. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I remember you needed to take a ferry to an island... but you need some quest first to unlock that ferry option.

In the meantime you can start fishing to fill-in the time freed by depleted hunting spot. :giggle::coffee:
Fishing also generates rations, which works well for a hunter. (Buy fishing rod off market, the fishing spot is next to market as well.)

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
No problem.
The one in the barrow is the closest and easiest to get to so i mostly farm that one, even when it's depleted.
There should be around 3-4 different hunting spots, some unlocked with quests, sadly i don't recall the quest that unlocks the next closest one, maybe someone in here can remind us. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I remember you needed to take a ferry to an island... but you need some quest first to unlock that ferry option.
Yeah, I'm still succeeding about half the time with it being depleted, so it's still profitable even with a Survival score in the forties, but I guess I gotta start again with the quests.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Yeah, I'm still succeeding about half the time with it being depleted, so it's still profitable even with a Survival score in the forties, but I guess I gotta start again with the quests.
If you want to hunt like a pro you need to take advantage of famine event, because famine can significantly increase the price of food.
The problem is that famine is rather rare, 1% appearance chance if i remember right.
So you need to stockpile as much food as you can manage until then, if you want to take full advantage from hunting.
Meanwhile, you can survive just fine by selling leather to the armor shop.

Well, at least that's how i roll, you of course don't necessarily need to roll like i do, but it is an option. :giggle::coffee:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
If you want to hunt like a pro you need to take advantage of famine event, because famine can significantly increase the price of food.
The problem is that famine is rather rare, 1% appearance chance if i remember right.
So you need to stockpile as much food as you can manage until then, if you want to take full advantage from hunting.
Meanwhile, you can survive just fine by selling leather to the armor shop.

Well, at least that's how i roll, you of course don't necessarily need to roll like i do, but it is an option. :giggle::coffee:
I've only had the famine happen once and it ended before I could figure out how to process and sell the meat. I suppose I should start saving it up for another famine. You can still make decent money with food only at five though; I've an upgraded garden so it's all pure profit for me. BTW, did I read something about somewhere selling tools to improve the garden further? How do you get those tools or whatever to upgrade the garden further or did I misread something?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
BTW, did I read something about somewhere selling tools to improve the garden further? How do you get those tools or whatever to upgrade the garden further or did I misread something?
You can buy gardening tools in the general store, just by having them you improve garden yield. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: Gunner Rey

dmmt

May 8, 2020
You're probably auto buying rations? Turn that off (in the "Food" section) and see if it displays correctly.

that was it. Observational bias...I noticed my money wasn't increasing like I expected, but failed to take note that my ration stores weren't decreasing via consumption.

TY!

Reactions: GD-studios
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes