ShinCore

May 19, 2020
True, was just wondering if it was bug or not, as I'm not sure whether the intention with freezing age was so that players could still get birthday events without aging or if it just fully stops the in-game clock.

On another note, does anyone else find defiance really hard to decrease? I've been running through bondage sessions to decrease it but have barely made a dent, but the rate at which defiance is built up is rapid, especially if you screw up when explaining chores or them just flat out refusing to do jobs.
defiance is used as a "fuel" for justifiably punishing a slave to varying degrees and leveraging results in the way that you want.

however, i havent played around with it too much as my current stable of girls are already devoted and my head maid and quartermistress have traits that suppress that type of thing. then then "MoR Enhanced" came out for tier4+ subs, and ive been playing around with that.

i would refer to the wiki for more insight.

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
defiance is used as a "fuel" for justifiably punishing a slave to varying degrees and leveraging results in the way that you want.

however, i havent played around with it too much as my current stable of girls are already devoted and my head maid and quartermistress have traits that suppress that type of thing. then then "MoR Enhanced" came out for tier4+ subs, and ive been playing around with that.
I guess this has most likely occurred for me as I play much more passively, as in I don't fully breakdown my stable. Rather, I just boost affection to max and work on increasing discipline. I get that not a lot of people play like that and it's probably making it more difficult for myself in the long run, but the mechanics of the game do provide it as a viable route and it was prior to 0.8. At least based on the Defiance page on the wiki, it shouldn't be scaling this high this quickly if they've got high discipline and affection, which is true for one of my girls, yet she's somehow managed to hit 17 in Defiance in a matter of days. Tbf, part of this was caused by the morning blowjob event which increase defiance if she decline, but the majority of it was gained purely from explaining chores. With regards to it being fuel for justifiably punishing your stable, I have tested the mechanic and it's always allowed for the bondage punishment system, however even with bondage and whipping sessions combined and using up my full stamina, I've only been able to reduce their defiance by one. I understand the chance is real low, but it kind of just leads to a scenario where you're more likely going to gain more defiance than lose.

Not really sure if this is cause they're not broken and not many people extensively play this way, but at least to me, defiance and corruption don't really seem to be "balanced" when going for unbroken, high discipline and high affection routes. With defiance, I can understand if it's added if the girls new. When she's at soulmate affection level and 70 for discipline, less so. The rate my stable is gaining defiance doesn't seem normal considering I have met the prerequisite of high affection, high discipline, assigning them tasks to keep them busy, assigning them titles, assigning them as maids, and keeping them at a healthy weight. With corruption, I just don't find the way it's added has made sense in my runs. I've completed rough sex sessions and bondage sessions with, at least based on the text, the girl enjoying it, but have more often than not received not corruption increase for it. In contrast, I was somehow able to raise it with pure vanilla sex.

Again, I understand I'm probably playing this quite differently, possibly even "wrongly", from most and I don't mean for this to be a rant of some sort, but at least from what I can gather from the wiki pages, the way defiance and corruption are being added in an unbroken, high discipline and affection playthrough doesn't seem to make sense considering the prerequisites have, as far as I can tell, been met.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I guess this has most likely occurred for me as I play much more passively, as in I don't fully breakdown my stable. Rather, I just boost affection to max and work on increasing discipline. I get that not a lot of people play like that and it's probably making it more difficult for myself in the long run, but the mechanics of the game do provide it as a viable route and it was prior to 0.8. At least based on the Defiance page on the wiki, it shouldn't be scaling this high this quickly if they've got high discipline and affection, which is true for one of my girls, yet she's somehow managed to hit 17 in Defiance in a matter of days. Tbf, part of this was caused by the morning blowjob event which increase defiance if she decline, but the majority of it was gained purely from explaining chores. With regards to it being fuel for justifiably punishing your stable, I have tested the mechanic and it's always allowed for the bondage punishment system, however even with bondage and whipping sessions combined and using up my full stamina, I've only been able to reduce their defiance by one. I understand the chance is real low, but it kind of just leads to a scenario where you're more likely going to gain more defiance than lose.

Not really sure if this is cause they're not broken and not many people extensively play this way, but at least to me, defiance and corruption don't really seem to be "balanced" when going for unbroken, high discipline and high affection routes. With defiance, I can understand if it's added if the girls new. When she's at soulmate affection level and 70 for discipline, less so. The rate my stable is gaining defiance doesn't seem normal considering I have met the prerequisite of high affection, high discipline, assigning them tasks to keep them busy, assigning them titles, assigning them as maids, and keeping them at a healthy weight. With corruption, I just don't find the way it's added has made sense in my runs. I've completed rough sex sessions and bondage sessions with, at least based on the text, the girl enjoying it, but have more often than not received not corruption increase for it. In contrast, I was somehow able to raise it with pure vanilla sex.

Again, I understand I'm probably playing this quite differently, possibly even "wrongly", from most and I don't mean for this to be a rant of some sort, but at least from what I can gather from the wiki pages, the way defiance and corruption are being added in an unbroken, high discipline and affection playthrough doesn't seem to make sense considering the prerequisites have, as far as I can tell, been met.

I would like to know more about what's happening here.

First off, the best way to remove Defiance is to whip it out of them - belt or cane.

It's a 25% chance to lower Defiance with one point PER lash.

It's a 35-40% chance to lower Defiance with one point PER lash if her Defiance is above 10.

Are you failing or succeeding your rolls? Right now, failed rolls decrease Defiance more, as she finds them (only) painful compared to the successful ones.

Just tried it here myself. Got it down by five points (20>15) with 12 lashes.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Yo dudes, remind me if i need to buy stuff like statue of virax before upgrading the room?
Or it's fine to disregard and upgrade the room without buying room upgrades first?
They look like they stack the bonuses but not entirely sure, since i tend to always just upgrade the room and never look back. :sneaky::coffee:

EDIT: Nvm, testing it myself was much faster than waiting for a response here, apparently it stacks so can just upgrade the whole room and disregard room upgrades. Honestly not sure why we even have room upgrades like statue of virax if they give you bonuses anyway, once you upgrade the whole room.

Last edited:

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
I would like to know more about what's happening here.

First off, the best way to remove Defiance is to whip it out of them - belt or cane.

It's a 25% chance to lower Defiance with one point PER lash.

It's a 35-40% chance to lower Defiance with one point PER lash if her Defiance is above 10.

Are you failing or succeeding your rolls? Right now, failed rolls decrease Defiance more, as she finds them (only) painful compared to the successful ones.

Just tried it here myself. Got it down by five points (20>15) with 12 lashes.
Thanks for the response! Ahh ok I thought that the chances were significantly lower based on the wiki page. I've been succeeding my roles with whips iirc, so that may be why it's not decreasing. Though I kind of find it weird that I've been succeeding as well considering that I was doing it to Lovisa and she still has the vanilla trait to incur a penalty to bdsm events. I'm planning to do another run maybe tomorrow to see if it's just that current file that's the issue, as this event chains that have occurred just seem too abnormal without something having bugged out. There are a couple other odd things that have appeared in this playthough, but I'm gonna just assume they're bugged and not actually meant to occur this way.

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I haven't seen where you upgrade the annex, unless that is no longer in game. I'm using a save from before and have the annex and it still needs upgrading.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Thanks for the response! Ahh ok I thought that the chances were significantly lower based on the wiki page. I've been succeeding my roles with whips iirc, so that may be why it's not decreasing. Though I kind of find it weird that I've been succeeding as well considering that I was doing it to Lovisa and she still has the vanilla trait to incur a penalty to bdsm events. I'm planning to do another run maybe tomorrow to see if it's just that current file that's the issue, as this event chains that have occurred just seem too abnormal without something having bugged out. There are a couple other odd things that have appeared in this playthough, but I'm gonna just assume they're bugged and not actually meant to occur this way.
Great. I've also upped the chances to lower Defiance even when you succeed with rolls.

Also, please post anything wierd or odd here so I can hunt those potential bugs down before next week's hotfix.

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
Great. I've also upped the chances to lower Defiance even when you succeed with rolls.

Also, please post anything wierd or odd here so I can hunt those potential bugs down before next week's hotfix.
Gotcha, I think maybe one thing that may be a genuine bug is with Caitlin. I got her and when trying to seduce her it says she needs to be at an amicable relationship to do so. I found out though that if you click ask for sex, then click back, the normal seduction options will appear despite not having hit the required relationship prerequisite.

One other thing, though I believe this is actually legitimate, would be that her arousal tanks the second any type of sex occurs. I've pushed her all the way 24 arousal and above and had it tank to zero and below the second penetration happened. Again, I believe this may be a result of the seduction options appearing despite the prerequisites not being met, but still having access to that menu to raise arousal, as the majority of the time this seemed to have occurred at "friendly" relationship levels.

I guess one other thing I just wanted to clarify and make sure it isn't a bug is whether the "freeze" aging function is meant to just ignore aging but still account for birthdays (ie in-game calendar is still functional and character ages are just fixed) or if it quite literally freezes the in-game calendar, thus preventing aging. If it's the latter, then it seems to be working fine in my run. If not, well it's been Lovisa's birthday everyday since the day I first got her :LOL:.

I'll let you know if anything else abnormal appears in my next run!

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

Rather than that, could you make it so that you can set your intent? It doesn't make sense to me how you could become so good at sexy whipping that you're no longer capable of not-sexy whipping.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Rather than that, could you make it so that you can set your intent? It doesn't make sense to me how you could become so good at sexy whipping that you're no longer capable of not-sexy whipping.
Haha, I liked this idea so much I added a Thrash! (cane) option to the whipping session.

Thrashing your slave will:

Give you a -75 modification to your Whipping skill
Cause an additional -1 Health and -1 Vigor
Increase Defiance loss chance
If successful, raise her Arousal with an additional point

Reactions: Ferghus

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Gotcha, I think maybe one thing that may be a genuine bug is with Caitlin. I got her and when trying to seduce her it says she needs to be at an amicable relationship to do so. I found out though that if you click ask for sex, then click back, the normal seduction options will appear despite not having hit the required relationship prerequisite.

One other thing, though I believe this is actually legitimate, would be that her arousal tanks the second any type of sex occurs. I've pushed her all the way 24 arousal and above and had it tank to zero and below the second penetration happened. Again, I believe this may be a result of the seduction options appearing despite the prerequisites not being met, but still having access to that menu to raise arousal, as the majority of the time this seemed to have occurred at "friendly" relationship levels.

I guess one other thing I just wanted to clarify and make sure it isn't a bug is whether the "freeze" aging function is meant to just ignore aging but still account for birthdays (ie in-game calendar is still functional and character ages are just fixed) or if it quite literally freezes the in-game calendar, thus preventing aging. If it's the latter, then it seems to be working fine in my run. If not, well it's been Lovisa's birthday everyday since the day I first got her :LOL:.

I'll let you know if anything else abnormal appears in my next run!
That's Caitlin's unfinished quest doing some weird stuff. I've corrected those parameters somewhat for next week's hotfix - but she'll not be fully enjoyable and can never be Amiable+ toward you unless that quest is completed.

You will however, after the fix, be able to remove her limiting Arousal script by raising her Corruption.

Reactions: Zeph3r

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
did the first post get updated with the hotfix? It didn't increment the version number so I have no way of telling

here is the official link btw

Reactions: GD-studios

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So, after 114 days i had my first famine.
Unfortunately, market price went up to only 7$ this time, my luck really does suck huh.
Still, sold 3.7k food and the profit was a nice 26k :whistle::coffee:

dmmt

May 8, 2020
maybe it has always been this way and i just never paid attention before, but the budget reconciliation seems to be off. Are we paying "taxes" that dont show under the budget panel?

I show gross income of 85, expenses of 20, yet my cash on hand only climbs by 47, not the 65 difference indicated in the budget.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes