EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I am amused at how we each convinced the other, essentially flipping positions
double crit on persuade rolls
Well, we both had good ideas so all good. :giggle::coffee:
Simply an indicator that you're both reasonably intelligent and open minded individuals.

As to the discussion at hand...
Spoilage.
Some foods can be stored longer then others, but no food can be stored indefinitely. (Ever tried something that's been in the freezer too long? :sick: )
So... folks could buy as much as they want... but if they don't sell it in a timely fashion, it rots.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Rice, ramen noodles, dried meat and other dehydrated products.
All can pretty much last forever, or so i hear. :whistle::coffee:

Well, most stuff in this game needs to last somewhere around 100 days only tho.
SPAM does not have an expiration date. Instead, it has a “best by” date. This date indicates when SPAM will have likely lost quality, such as losing freshness or flavor. The best-by date of SPAM is approximately 3 years after the date of manufacturing.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I don't think you get what he's doing mate. :giggle::coffee:
He has access to unlimited supply of food which costs 4$ per portion, he buys a bunch of that and uses famine to sell it for 10$ per portion. This allows him to create 6$ per portion profit literally out of air. :whistle::coffee:

At least, i think it's unlimited. I haven't actually tried it because i am not interested in cheating like that. :giggle::coffee:
Still, that's a lot of clicks.... :LUL:

since buying low at one spot, and selling higher at another is precisely what merchants do...not sure how you can call it *cheating*

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — 04/22/2022
Version: 0.8.0.1
ETA (Alpha): N/A
ETA (public): Friday 19 August

NOTE! Patch notes are added daily. This is not a complete list.
GrimDark — 08/13/2022
Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that would display a birthday in "NaN days".
- Fixed a bug that would freeze the Tutorial for new players.
- Fixed a bug that would make titles unassignable (there's now a Reset Titles! button in your home interaction menus that you can click once to reset any possible bugs from earlier saves).
- Fixed various vendor requirements not displaying properly.
- Fixed various vendor business name display errors in MoR Enhanced.
- Fixed a bug that would display a Happiness increase to slaves while out hunting, even if they weren't assigned to the party.
- Fixed a bug that would let a slave have endless birthdays if you froze her age on her birthday.
- Fixed a bug that would assign only random traits to the Tier2+ slave.
- Fixed a bug that would display "$pnames" instead of "Raana's".
- Fixed a bug that would let you place an endless amount of poison vials in the drinking water beneath the space hulk fortress in Kasey's park.
- Fixed a bug that would display an incorrect pronoun when having female mercenaries in your troop.

Art
- Added 13 sex scenes to Tier2+ slave (cum events, vaginal).
- Added 1 dining scene to Tier2+ slave.
GrimDark — 08/13/2022
New bondage option: Thrash!
You can now choose to (cane) whip your slaves with a ferociously hard strike that:

- Adds a -75 chance mod.
- Depletes 1 extra Health and 1 extra Vigor.
- Depletes an additional extra Health and Vigor point if your Strength is 80+.
- Decreases more Defiance.
- Adds an extra arousal point if you actually succeed with the roll.
- Modifies some dialogue/descriptions.
GrimDark — 08/13/2022
Gameplay changes
- Selling Merchandise with either a Manipulate or Charm value above 89 will now give you one extra $1 per unit.
- You can now sell Merchandise, Pelts and Rations in lots of 10.
- Added bonus to Allowances if a slave is Materalistic.
- Added in-game descriptions to what Allowances actually do.
- Freezing age will now display an "age is frozen" text instead of the birthday count down.
- You can no longer engage in physical training sessions if you're Tired.
GrimDark — Today at 6:37 AM
Dialogue and slave-related content
- Added 300 lines of unique dialogue for various bondage events.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
- Fixed a bug that would display a Happiness increase to slaves while out hunting, even if they weren't assigned to the party.
- Fixed a bug that would display "$pnames" instead of "Raana's".
- You can now sell Merchandise, Pelts and Rations in lots of 10.
These fixes should help with my OCD.
I'll get to work finding my next sources of distress :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: dmmt

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
All this talking about food spoiling and granaries remind me about another resources: merchandise and it's components after you salvage them. I think you forgot about them too, there are literally thousands of merchandise units in my inventory and to fit it all in house, the inhabitants should just be walking around the house stepping over them or moving mountains of it just to get out of the house! And not to mention that you need a truck to sell it all (no magical teleportation) in market and insane merchant who would buy it all in single transaction. As for food spoiling, I don't know much about coding, but I can imagine how much pain it would be to make spoiling date for every single unit of food, or perhaps it can even cause lags if it will be implemented. If let's say you have few thousands units of food that were acquired in different days and every one of them have different date of spoiling...
Yes, I up for realism, but there should be exceptions, so it doesn't drag the game down. I think, until the dev implement some business update, where we will get access to production property, it's all pointless. It's just will make things overcomplicated, and most likely it will require to be redone in the future.

But I do agree that limitation of selling, probably, is the right thing to do right now and it doesn't seem to be overcomplicated.

Reactions: mrttao

kilr0y99

Jan 27, 2019
This game is growing on me. There seem to be some interesting side stories coming up. I got Ayden's back story mentioning a sister Trinity who's been sold as a sex slave. Maybe there will be a chance to buy her in a future update. It'll also be nice to be able to further increase your number of slaves beyond 6.

rizdan

Feb 25, 2018
Rice, ramen noodles, dried meat and other dehydrated products.
All can pretty much last forever, or so i hear. :whistle::coffee:

Well, most stuff in this game needs to last somewhere around 100 days only tho.
There are also canned products in special containers (Condensed milk, stew, fruits, vegetables, various cereals, etc.) the shelf life is 5-10 years at temperatures up to 25 degrees Celsius, at temperatures up to 5 Celsius, the shelf life increases to 20-30 years. In freezers, the shelf life is even longer. In Russia, such old canned goods were replaced with new ones at special state warehouses five years ago. Old canned food was made back in the 40-50s. And according to the conducted research, the products were suitable for human consumption. So the shelf life can be very long. English is not my native language, I apologize if I wrote with mistakes.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
There are also canned products in special containers (Condensed milk, stew, fruits, vegetables, various cereals, etc.) the shelf life is 5-10 years at temperatures up to 25 degrees Celsius, at temperatures up to 5 Celsius, the shelf life increases to 20-30 years. In freezers, the shelf life is even longer. In Russia, such old canned goods were replaced with new ones at special state warehouses five years ago. Old canned food was made back in the 40-50s. And according to the conducted research, the products were suitable for human consumption. So the shelf life can be very long. English is not my native language, I apologize if I wrote with mistakes.
Nice. Now let's get this out onto a tray.

• Haha
Reactions: SperryTop and hyfka

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
since buying low at one spot, and selling higher at another is precisely what merchants do...not sure how you can call it *cheating*
Yes, but merchants usually travel great distances to profit like this.
His travel distance was literally 1-2 clicks.
Plus this is a game, i am not fine with this method making hunting and every other money making method useless because it's too damn effective. :whistle::coffee:

Selling Merchandise with either a Manipulate or Charm value above 89 will now give you one extra $1 per unit.
Heh, nice idea. Like haggling. :unsure::coffee:

And according to the conducted research, the products were suitable for human consumption.
In mother Russia everything is probably suitable for human consumption.
So long as it's not the humans from the Kremlin that gonna be doing the taste-testing. :sneaky::coffee:

Reactions: Gunner Rey

caju

Oct 5, 2017
My preferred position is that of devil's advocate:
Yes, there is presently a way to cheat the system. Humans have always found a way to do it.
Save editing, twine hacking, etc...
Honestly, I dont see a need to change it at this point as I would prefer more quest content, rooms, pictures, guns, and other things before worrying about rebalancing a few raanic dollars.
Why pick on this specific way of cheating when 5 other ways still exist?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Why pick on this specific way of cheating when 5 other ways still exist?
Because it does not require any external programs to execute. :whistle::coffee:

And just because 1337 other methods exist what, we don't need to close loopholes now?
That sounds like a great idea huh. :sneaky::coffee:
Lets just give the player "gib 1 trillion$" button, why bother creating money making systems at all then?
It's not like we're trying to create an actually fun game with actually fun mechanics here, right? :sneaky::coffee:
May as well just delete the game and add "YOU WON" pop-up message when the players launch the game. :sneaky::coffee:

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
All this talk about food prices and manipulating the market made me draw some ideas about a dynamic food and merchandise system.

Will present it here in a day or two.
Right.
Looks like somebody got some ideas again. Good job guys!
I mean, i'm kinda at fault too.. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Reactions: caju
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes