Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Oh you are missing out!

joking aside. in game, my garden capped out at 11 food per day. A max level gardener slave would provide +200% meaning she makes another 22 food/day.
she could work as a science professor with much less training and make 110$/day

So when food reaches 5$ a unit it would break even. At 6$/food garden is more profitable, at 4 and under science prof is more profitable. Science prof also gives stat increases, skill increases, and influence increase.

Also, I can homeschool a girl in science for 3 science/day gains. While gardening she has to learn by doing (0.15 gardening skill/day if she is gardener).
To get max gardener you need skill level 130, to get science professor she needs skill level 70. Bounty and quest heavy for capital and then investments. The beauty of this game is soon we will have even more options, such as prostitution, crafting, medicine, and hacking (maybe) to make money.
Assuming a starting score of 10 each in gardening and science. it would take ~20 days to train her to be a science professor, and ~800 days to train her to produce +200% food from garden.
I believe you for the most part, there are some ways to boost your yield, tools and garden improvements for example may offset some of the difference. I like a combined approach.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I believe you for the most part, there are some ways to boost your yield, tools and garden improvements for example may offset some of the difference. I like a combined approach.
I think the tools are why I am making 11 already.

Also, I just edited in a correction, it is much worse than I thought due to the cap

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
I think the tools are why I am making 11 already.

Also, I just edited in a correction, it is much worse than I thought due to the cap
Oh, I see 11 is maxed base production, my bad. Anyways, I got cut off when I posted trying to say that I like a combined approach; quest and bounties to build capital, then investment. The beauty of the game is with medicine, prostitution, crafting and (maybe) hacking, we are going to get even more options to make money. It will be interesting to see how they all compare.

Last edited:

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
I feel like when the famine comes, there should be a button between "sell one" and "sell all"
"Sell 25" would be a great middle ground.
I cannot imagine a scenario where there is a famine and I would choose to sell every single piece of food I own
Selling in increasing increments of ten is pretty common in games without direct input of numbers, I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement. Damn, I am tired, night.:sleep:

Reactions: mrttao and caju

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
0.8 yay!
Haven't played in a few months so the last batch of patches are all new to me.
I've put in a few hours so far and wanted to offer some feedback.

Thanks for your awesome work GD!

• Love the new bondage options and sexy new renders. Really excellent!
  • The increased audio adjustments are much appreciated. I get tired of the background music so it's handy to have the option to turn that off without disabling the other sfx.
  • Sometimes bondage text results flash past before I have a chance to read them. For example "whip with belt" flashed a skill result then erased that to show the slave's reaction. Would be nice to have all the results for each button click remain visible until I click another button.
  • Tutorial appears to be broken. I just tested it twice creating new characters and selecting Tutorial. After the "Continue Tutorial" is clicked the buttons do a little blink then stay grayed out.
  • I feel like the opening of the game seems a bit rough for new players. Unless you picked a combat focused initial build, most enemies will wreck a solo new player. The Missing Brother quest line can quickly get the MC into stuff beyond his ability to handle. There's even a note on the wiki about "You don't have to do the initial quest right away." Sure, but that "Main Quest" is the initial guidance for new players.
    Punchline: It would be great to expand the initial quests a little so that a new MC can get a slave, get a little income going, and figure out the world a bit more in a guided way. Maybe some quick "Bring me 10 fish", "Buy a dozen 9mm rounds.", "Spank this slave silly, then bring her back".
    That sort of quest based way of showing a new player the different systems while giving them some early game cash would help smooth the initial learning curve.
- the issue with bondage text flashing (not a bug, but a display glitch) has already been fixed in the upcoming patch.
- the tutorial bug has been fixed in the current version, released a few hours after the initial release. redownload the game.
- new player guidance is a bit tough though, since Grim continues to expand the game at an uncontrollable rate. early handholding in the game may become obsolete quickly due to changes in the game. i think we just need to have some guides posted on the wiki for now.
- also, ive gotten the impression from Grim that he dislikes the typical fetch quests present in your standard game. hes always emphasized that he wants an open world, and that means one may need to man up and start adulting thru the game. but again, some new player guides would help ease that initial learning curve.

♍VoidTraveler, can you link that hunting guide for me? and can i post it in the wiki?

choontz

Sep 5, 2019
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I noticed when chastizing uppity Rebecca using Intimidate talk option, you can pretty much do it an unlimited number of times in a single day and go from uppity to completely petrified Rebecca. Was this working as intended or did I happen upon a bug?

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I noticed when chastizing uppity Rebecca using Intimidate talk option, you can pretty much do it an unlimited number of times in a single day and go from uppity to completely petrified Rebecca. Was this working as intended or did I happen upon a bug?
prob bug. posted it in discord.

Reactions: choontz

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Dunno, he's been pretty mum about it, but I did ask and we should see something around 0.8x https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-grimdark.100207/post-8330927
Edit: Everything changes so fast, so who knows if it got pushed back.
grid stuff got pushed back because Grim hit 2 SSA goals within a month of each other. focus is on the prostitution/harem and legacy/waifu expansions. 0.8 update was revamping the slave interaction system to accommodate for those expansions.

he has been slipping in other things here an there, but right now he is focused on pacifying the "MOAR ROOM 4 WAIFUZ, GOTTA WAIFUZ DEM ALL" crowd.

Reactions: nononomaybe

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Another charuk or perhaps even a darkhan - along professor Wolf the mayor has offered a reward of 25,000 for any eliminated specimen - would be nice. (Small ones suffice...)

Reactions: GD-studios

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
@♍VoidTraveler, can you link that hunting guide for me? and can i post it in the wiki?
Not sure which one you refer to, i wrote a whole lot of stuff after all.
You can just search "hunting" word in this thread and see all my messages regarding it.
It's also easy to find my name in the search due to ♍ next to my name.
The recent stuff shouldn't be deeper than 5-6 pages if you don't use search. :whistle::coffee:

I think you may have meant this one:

Once you are done hunting you need to process meat into rations and skins into leather.
You can do that by clicking on: Facilities>crafting>manage resources (you will require loom installed to process leather though.)
In this menu click on "prepare meat" to process meat into rations.
And on "prepare leather" to process skins into leather.

After that you can go to market and sell rations(food) (some things may affect the price of food such as famine which sharply spikes food price.)
You can also go to armor store and sell leather there. :giggle::coffee:
Also, feel free to send me a message via dm if you need help with hunting, i'll do my best to help. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Oh you are missing out!

joking aside. in game, my garden capped out at 11 food per day. A max level gardener slave would provide +200% meaning she makes another 22 food/day.
she could work as a science professor with much less training and make 110$/day

So when food reaches 5$ a unit it would break even. At 6$/food garden is more profitable, at 4 and under science prof is more profitable. Science prof also gives stat increases, skill increases, and influence increase.

Also, I can homeschool a girl in science for slightly over 3 science/day gains (let us round it down to 3).
While gardening she has to learn by doing (0.15 gardening skill/day if she is gardener).
To get max gardener you need skill level 130, to get science professor she needs skill level 70.
Assuming a starting score of 10 each in gardening and science. it would take ~20 days to train her to be a science professor, and ~800 days to train her to produce +200% food from garden.

edit: derp. there is a cap on the ability to increase gardening skill via being a gardener. and that is set to 80.
to go beyond that she has to be signed up for "administration and domestic arts" course in college. which means instead of working she is spending 35$/day to get... 0.02 gardening skill/day. (plus a little of some other skills and stats).

so... ~466.67 days to reach level 80
then 2500 days to reach level 130
if you have her actually work as gardener instead, she will be in the 75-129 skill tier which makes +100%. meaning the break even point is when food price is 10$
True this doesn't look like fun, for now.
But imagine if it will be possible to upgrade garden more times in the future, expanding it's size?
That percentage boost could balloon your yields many times over.
Right now we can only upgrade garden like... 4 times or so? :whistle::coffee:

There was also that mansion or whatever that we will be able to live in outside of town or something, how many gardens will fit into that place is completely unknown. :giggle::coffee:
Taking all that into consideration, it only makes sense that gardening is hard to level up.
So... yeah. I dunno about you boys, but i will definitely train a gardener for myself. :devilish::coffee:

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
but right now he is focused on pacifying the "MOAR ROOM 4 WAIFUZ, GOTTA WAIFUZ DEM ALL" crowd.
Again I blame it on 3 things:
-the slaves getting attached to the MC
-investment vs short term gains, finite potential slaves
-not much to even spend the money on to compensate

First for the economic side, a slave working will over time always generate more money than one you sell, only difference is the time it takes to break even. And what do you even buy with the cash? I could see selling an early slave for Assault Rifle and Combat Armor, but from there you can just farm Bandits for the endgame gear.
And generally, I don't see the tradeoff of deleting a character from the game as worth it.

As for the emotional part, first the time you spend training them makes you invested in the slaves. Then if you go the good path they will literally profess their love to you and claim they want to stay with you for the rest of their life. Given that at least three of the girls you rescue from bad conditions, you'd have to be pretty heartless to potentially sell them back into such. Hell, even if you give them freedom with everything they could need for a fresh start they start sobbing about how they thought you liked them. Not to mention the fact that they all have backstories to discover.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Again I blame it on 3 things:
-the slaves getting attached to the MC
-investment vs short term gains, finite potential slaves
-not much to even spend the money on to compensate

First for the economic side, a slave working will over time always generate more money than one you sell, only difference is the time it takes to break even. And what do you even buy with the cash? I could see selling an early slave for Assault Rifle and Combat Armor, but from there you can just farm Bandits for the endgame gear.
And generally, I don't see the tradeoff of deleting a character from the game as worth it.

As for the emotional part, first the time you spend training them makes you invested in the slaves. Then if you go the good path they will literally profess their love to you and claim they want to stay with you for the rest of their life. Given that at least three of the girls you rescue from bad conditions, you'd have to be pretty heartless to potentially sell them back into such. Hell, even if you give them freedom with everything they could need for a fresh start they start sobbing about how they thought you liked them. Not to mention the fact that they all have backstories to discover.
You are spot on about the give freedom to girls part, they simply cry and say where I am supposed to go?

Yeah, I invested too much effort into the girls to simply sell them.

Reactions: jsmith27x

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
I think not wanting to sell certain girls might have something to do with the completeness of the pictures. Since only a few of the girls have complete sets of these, it is quite not amusing to sell them. And then you start to train other girls, where you have all these WIP-pictures or more precise always the same WIP-picture.

Reactions: hyfka
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes