ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Not bad. Not bad at all, i wonder how long did it take you to train her to cost this much. :whistle::coffee:
Actually, what is even the upper limit? Is there even an upper limit?
Can you work a slave enough to make her price go up to like... 100k? :unsure::coffee:
that wasnt me, it was KhaiFirst.

as far as limit, i would have to pull up the evaluation engine to try and figure it out. keep in mind that the price shown was selling to the slave agents at the town hall. the new slave auction may have different numbers.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

THIS CHANNEL LISTS LIVE UPDATES FOR CURRENT DEV BUILD!
GrimDark
Version: 0.8.0.1
ETA (Alpha): N/A
ETA (public): Friday 19 August

NOTE! Patch notes are added daily. This is not a complete list.
GrimDark — 08/13/2022
Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that would display a birthday in "NaN days".
- Fixed a bug that would freeze the Tutorial for new players.
- Fixed a bug that would make titles unassignable (there's now a Reset Titles! button in your home interaction menus that you can click once to reset any possible bugs from earlier saves).
- Fixed various vendor requirements not displaying properly.
- Fixed various vendor business name display errors in MoR Enhanced.
- Fixed a bug that would display a Happiness increase to slaves while out hunting, even if they weren't assigned to the party.
- Fixed a bug that would let a slave have endless birthdays if you froze her age on her birthday.
- Fixed a bug that would assign only random traits to the Tier2+ slave.
- Fixed a bug that would display "$pnames" instead of "Raana's".
- Fixed a bug that would let you place an endless amount of poison vials in the drinking water beneath the space hulk fortress in Kasey's park.
- Fixed a bug that would display an incorrect pronoun when having female mercenaries in your troop.
- Fixed a bug that would give the wrong girl Defiance if not showing up for a morning blowjob.

Art
- Added 16 sex scenes to Tier2+ slave (cum events, vaginal).
- Added 1 dining scene to Tier2+ slave.
GrimDark — 08/13/2022
New bondage option: Thrash!
You can now choose to (cane) whip your slaves with a ferociously hard strike that:

- Adds a -75 chance mod.
- Depletes 1 extra Health and 1 extra Vigor.
- Depletes an additional extra Health and Vigor point if your Strength is 80+.
- Decreases more Defiance.
- Adds an extra arousal point if you actually succeed with the roll.
- Modifies some dialogue/descriptions.
GrimDark — 08/13/2022
Gameplay changes
- Selling Merchandise with either a Manipulate or Charm value above 89 will now give you one extra $1 per unit.
- You can now sell Merchandise, Pelts and Rations in lots of 10.
- Added bonus to Allowances if a slave is Materalistic.
- The DX salesman will no longer offer food rations during famines.
- Added in-game descriptions to what Allowances actually do.
- Freezing age will now display an "age is frozen" text instead of the birthday count down.
- You can no longer engage in physical training sessions if you're Tired.
- The price for building the annex has been lowered to $7000.
- There's no longer any age requirements for assigning girls as lecturers at the Academy.
GrimDark — Yesterday at 6:37 AM
Dialogue and slave-related content
- Added 300 lines of unique dialogue for various bondage events.

GrimDark — Today at 4:47 AM
New dynamic food system (WIP - up for discussion!)
The business of buying and selling food now demands more strategy, but can also provide a good yield for those who prepare and invest properly.

- There's a new random roll each day that determines the cost of food rations (3 or 4). This value is then further modified by various events - scourges, famines etc.
- Redhaven Market now has a pool of rations - that dynamically depletes and rebuilds itself. This pool will also be affected by the amount of rations the MC sells to the market.
- Redhaven Market starts to sell of more food rations after hitting 5,000 - causing the number to slowly decrease itself.
- Redhaven market has a market cap (7,500). When reaching this cap, you can no longer sell rations to the market. The salesmen will however deplete this volume relatively quickly - down to 5,000.
- The market pool depletes very quickly during famines and somewhat faster during scourges.
- The price for selling and buying food will dynamically increase if the market pool is very low (below 250) or the opposite if it's above 5,000.

Food storage
- The MC can store a maximum of 1,000 rations in his home. If he exceeds this amount, rations start to spoil - (-25 per day).

- The MC can build a food storage silo/room that increases his maximum amount to 7,500. Exceeding this amount will lower rations with -25 per day.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I don't really get what your problem is, if you don't like market then just ignore it. :rolleyes::coffee:
And yeah, don't worry about me, i won't engage in X if i don't want to. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
he said, while not ignoring a "boring market" and complaining about other players engaging IN that "boring" market.

Hypocrisy, is I see, alive and well.

• Angry

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
id like to chime in on the whole food/ration focus.

its true that this is a game, and therefore dont want things to get morbidly complex. HOWEVER, this game is set in a dystopian society where basic resources are scarce. people are struggling just to survive, which is why slaves exist in the first place. those in power control the basic resources needed to live, and leverage it to exert control over those who do not have those resources. the indenture servitude is a form of this control.

this is a core component of the world lore, and therefore i feel it is sensible to see it affect the actual game world and player experience.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It's not even a focus.
Grim just improved a little an obviously flawed system which now will be much better.
Guys like dmmt just want something about as complex as tetris, just so they can play it with their pinky toe. :whistle::coffee:
Funny thing is, the current system isn't much more complex than tetris anyway lmao.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018

its true that this is a game, and therefore dont want things to get morbidly complex. HOWEVER, this game is set in a dystopian society where basic resources are scarce. people are struggling just to survive, which is why slaves exist in the first place. those in power control the basic resources needed to live, and leverage it to exert control over those who do not have those resources. the indenture servitude is a form of this control.

this is a core component of the world lore, and therefore i feel it is sensible to see it affect the actual game world and player experience.
I'm fine with the dynamic rations in its current planned state. Ignorable + no fire hazard for ma geriatric potato laptop = fine.

Just saying this dystopian scarcity mindset can be applied to ammo, medical supplies, slaves *desperate waifu hoarder noises in the distance*, game *♍VoidTraveler freaking out in 3,2,1...*, anything really. If the Dev doesn't show some self-restrain this is a dangerous rabbit hole.

Now that I bitched enough about what I don't want, let me say a couple things I would want.

An option to get frisky with the girls while camping would be nice. I know it's a tall order, which would require an entire new set of renders, but pinning it to v.78 or so - about 3 weeks in the current pace - would be much appreciated.

Aiko, the female merc has some interesting story potential. She's a daddy's girl, temporarily kicked out of the house to grow up a little. With the upcoming marry 'n' breed DLC, you could romance her and fire a quest to prove yourself to her father and win her hand; or break her into a docile pet and deal with a very angry pappa dragon; or knock her up, kick her out and go through the "Extreme Eastern Circumcision" quest, where the dojo master recruits a thousand steel blades from his current and former students to bring him back your meat blade!

Reactions: SharkVampire

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

THIS IS THE CURRENT RECORD ON DISCORD:

View attachment 1989910
I am curious, since this is a record just how much work went into trainingher to that high a value?

Prices are still too low for me to even consider it.
As this is a one time sum equivalent to 207 days of making her work. hmm, maybe a year if you consider the costs of feeding her.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Folks,

the fact that people care about this game and its direction enough to debate over the exact type and genre of game it is, and what kind of content it should and should not contain, its direction etc etc etc, is heartwarming. even with the snark and sniping.

it shows the value that MoR it has to its players, and any creator would count themselves lucky to have fans that actually care to that level.

just remember that there is only one person in this world who can actually make those decisions. its certainly not me, or any other fan of the game.

im not discouraging any discourse about the game at all. its terrific, in my opinion. and as the few months have shown, player feedback has really helped Grim to flesh out and expand the game. hes one guy, and one person cant see all the angles, or account for all viewpoints. hes a relatively new to game development, and this experience is invaluable to his development and education as a dev.

lets just try and keep things more, i dunno, broad-minded and constructive? id appreciate it.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

UPDATED MASTERS OF RAANA ROADMAP:

GrimDark —
Planned features/updates for MoR:

NOTE: Only includes major changes!
----
Version 0.8.0.2
- Big service/bugfix patch for 0.8 features.
- Expanded Devious Tools (Bondage training course).
- Homeschooling (Medicine).
- Caitlin's quest.

Version 0.8.1
- New prostitution engine.
- The Legacy Update.
- New location in Crystal Heights: Medical facility.
- Implants.
- Domestic servants (Issids).

Version 0.8.1.1
- Devious pleasure "location" on Emerald Island.
- New slave: Aisha (middle eastern).
- Condition reports (wear/tear/status).

Version 0.8.2
- Combat revamp.
- Sexual interactions with sleeping slave (Tier request).
- Revamped escape system with more choices to attack/track slaves.
- Implement virgins (anal/vaginal).
- implement butt plugs.
- Expanded Bondage options (cage, hot wax and other options).
- Add several unique slave quests.
- New slave: Eliana (from Furry's Tavern).
- New slave: Astrid Eriksdotter.
- New slave: Tove Eriksdotter.
- Add Eliana's quest.
- New random events engine (replace Domestic Events and Political Events with something fancier).
- New district: Marston Swamps.
- Redhaven Orphanage quest line.

Version 0.8.3
- RANDOMLY GENERATED SLAVES.
- Introducing the Bard/Musician framework. Buy instruments, play at taverns and restaurants to earn cash.
- Lovisa's quest line and the acquisition of Tori, her twin sister.

Version 0.8.4
- Jealousy and Attention frameworks. More interactions between slaves in your household. Sweetheart variable that may cause additional jealousy (declaring love to too many slaves could have side effects).
- New district (undecided).
- Kymanto quest line chapter 3.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 9:22 PM
Lovisa, Aria, Caitlin and Rebecca now have their own unique dialogue (under certain conditions) while the MC is training them in the bondage room.

A high-Willpower Aria (and Corruption below 40), is a really cocky bitch - as seen in the examples below. The new "Thrash!" action will however give her dialogues a less arrogant flavor.

1660809357315.png
1660809366226.png

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 9:36 PM
In preparation for the new food system that goes live in tomorrow's update:

Scroll down in the resource/crafting menus to find the food storage building.

1660809413909.png

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
While I shared my fears in the beginning about whether it is worth to focus on the food market now, seeing how quickly Grim implemented these limits allayed my fears a bit. Not long time ago, I suggested myself in discord to introduce more activities for the player. I will not quote the entire post, because it's long and probably not interesting for everyone, but there I proposed to introduce trade, as well as criminal activities. And Grim replied that the player will be able to acquire property in the future. After this discussion, I also remembered not fully finished feature - crafting. We can already disassemble the merchandise, but we still can't do something with them (which is why I do not sell it). If we accept as a fact that in the future we will be able to sell our products, then the current example of balancing the food market can serve as a base for other markets. The only thing worth considering, as I said earlier, is that food is a product of prime necessity, so the player's influence shouldn't be that significant, but more dependent on events, unless the player owns half the farms in the area, of course.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 10:51 PM
All clear/debug buttons have been moved to a separate menu to avoid clutter and accidental clicking.

This also contains the fix for those who didn't give Aria's rebellion any cash - which means her quest won't progress properly. Clicking that button and then talking to Aria will immediately advance her quest to the next stage.

1660813260299.png

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Revamped escape system with more choices to attack/track slaves.
Now that you can easily prevent escape with fear, i'm not sure i'll ever see this change. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Introducing the Bard/Musician framework. Buy instruments, play at taverns and restaurants to earn cash.
And this could be my next pastime alongside hunting, at least until exploration is here. :cool::coffee:
Hopefully the tunes are good and there is a large variety.

GrimDark — Today at 9:36 PM
In preparation for the new food system that goes live in tomorrow's update:

Scroll down in the resource/crafting menus to find the food storage building.

View attachment 1990438
Rather cheap, i thought the price is gonna be like 10-15k. :whistle::coffee:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GD-studios

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Don't forget the increased maintenance ;)
Ah, right.
Well, i haven't seen it yet.
I guess it's one of the things i'll need to experience first to understand their effects. :giggle::coffee:
I have my doubts that it will affect me much though, not even double tax did when i started a new game on grimdark with just 300$ in my pocket. Now i have 40k+ :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GD-studios
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes