ShinCore

May 19, 2020
this but unironically
*sigh*

we are going to have to find a permanent solution for this. no matter how much room GD-studios codes in, ppl are going to demand more room as long as they feel like they have to get rid of a girl to get more girls.

I dont even know how the fuck you guys are going to react when the randomly generated slaves goes in. its gonna be fucking endless. its never going to be enough room.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
So, i had another revelation. I know you guys love those, here goes:
You guys know this chick, right?

View attachment 1991347
(Click on it to see full size.)
So, while passing by i decided to stop to stare at her randomly for no reason at all, and i thought that she's pretty cute. And that i'd like to get her to join my slave girl collection. :devilish::coffee:

And here is where my idea comes in:
I thought it would be interesting to have a little wager with her.
You fight her in a 1 on 1 duel at the arena.
If the player loses, he will pay her like 30/50.000$, if she loses she signs her slave contract.

Thoughts? :cool::coffee:
I wouldn't even mind if she was powered-up a bit for this, otherwise this wouldn't even be a challenge. :giggle::coffee:
i like this idea.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
A small note: My MC and his team reached rating "Champion of the masterphere" today.
Team name: Wolfpack
MC: Wolf Larsen [ Wolf Larsen, fictional character, a vicious ship captain in the novel The Sea Wolf (1904) by Jack London. ]
shit man, how did you pull that off? i was stuck at #2 for the longest time on my last run.

kilr0y99

Jan 27, 2019
I'm really enjoying the game, open world concept and trainer. As I've been playing the game on and off as updates come, I've lost track of the quests I've completed e.g. I don't remember if I completed Lovisa's quest (read about it in the MOR wiki).

- Is there any way to check my list of Completed Quests ?
- Also am I correct in assuming Emily + associated quest line are not available in any of the versions on this forum ?

Many thanks in advance.

X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
*sigh*

we are going to have to find a permanent solution for this. no matter how much room GD-studios codes in, ppl are going to demand more room as long as they feel like they have to get rid of a girl to get more girls.

I dont even know how the fuck you guys are going to react when the randomly generated slaves goes in. its gonna be fucking endless. its never going to be enough room.
Hmm, can't say for the other but for me, most of why I don't want to sell them is
1. GD's writing, his sadistic side just needs to write about the sorrow they feel if it's a happy one it will be much easier XD
2. Selling them means they're permanently gone if they are unique characters the feeling of losing something you can't get back is stronger

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
*sigh*

As one of "those people". I can tell you that I generally speaking completely ignore shadow persons like randomly generated waifus.
To me they do not exist. or at most I just put them on a job and forget about them. They are the only ones I am willing to train for sale too.

What I do want is space to get every single hand crafted waifu in a game though. It is of the utmost importance to me that I do not have to keep multiple saves to just experience all the Named NPCs

Reactions: jsmith27x

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Hmm, can't say for the other but for me, most of why I don't want to sell them is
1. GD's writing, his sadistic side just needs to write about the sorrow they feel if it's a happy one it will be much easier XD
2. Selling them means they're permanently gone if they are unique characters the feeling of losing something you can't get back is stronger
this is common feedback. selling them should be permanent. but you can release girls, and there is a framework that stores them and their variables in the game for you to recover them later if you wish. the recovery part is WIP, though. the releasing part is in the game.

• Wow
Reactions: jsmith27x

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
As one of "those people". I can tell you that I generally speaking completely ignore shadow persons like randomly generated waifus.
To me they do not exist. or at most I just put them on a job and forget about them. They are the only ones I am willing to train for sale too.

What I do want is space to get every single hand crafted waifu in a game though. It is of the utmost importance to me that I do not have to keep multiple saves to just experience all the Named NPCs
i get this part. however there is a problem. your assuming that you wont want to keep randomly generated slaves either.

i have a sneaking suspicion that Grim wont be able to make them bland and faceless. his writing is too good. its like telling michael jordan to shoot and NOT score. counterintuitive as hell.

which will put us directly back at square one.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
i get this part. however there is a problem. your assuming that you wont want to keep randomly generated slaves either.

i have a sneaking suspicion that Grim wont be able to make them bland and faceless. his writing is too good. its like telling michael jordan to shoot and NOT score. counterintuitive as hell.

which will put us directly back at square one.
Eh, the only way I can think of to make randomly generated NPCs not be bland is to have a couple of hand crafted characters who get a randomized face and name from a pool of features.
At which point there is a finite number of hand crafted NPCs to find in the "random" pool with the remaining being their clones.

I have a lot of respect towards grimdark, excellent author. But surely he has some limits.
Time will tell (when I see those new slaves).

That said, I am reminded of freecities where you effectively could have unlimited slaves

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
shit man, how did you pull that off? i was stuck at #2 for the longest time on my last run.
TLDR:
Had gone to #2 already four times with different teams - I swear that is a piece of cake anyone can do - so I already knew a little bit about what I was trying to accomplish. The hard thing was acting like a true mad man and going to the Arena every day came hell or high water, paying no attention to the fact that it was probably the most idiotic thing I've done in this game so far.
Apart from the fact that I most of time suspected that the "Champion of the mastersphere" might be an evil joke only, I just went on and on watching my beautiful crew growing old without no evident progress. Then I was suddenly at #1. No fanfares, no different behavior from folks. Just a little more influence per day (that I already had probably more than I will ever find any reasonable use for)
I will never do that grind again myself, though I now know how I should've done it from the early beginning - and this is my only donation to the good grinders here: It is feasible without falling back to cheats and such things. All it takes is a staggering amount of perseverance and - preferably - a lot of creative self deceit.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
TLDR:
Had gone to #2 already four times with different teams - I swear that is a piece of cake anyone can do - so I already knew a little bit about what I was trying to accomplish. The hard thing was acting like a true mad man and going to the Arena every day came hell or high water, paying no attention to the fact that it was probably the most idiotic thing I've done in this game so far.
Apart from the fact that I most of time suspected that the "Champion of the mastersphere" might be an evil joke only, I just went on and on watching my beautiful crew growing old without no evident progress. Then I was suddenly at #1. No fanfares, no different behavior from folks. Just a little more influence per day (that I already had probably more than I will ever find any reasonable use for)
I will never do that grind again myself, though I now know how I should've done it from the early beginning - and this is my only donation to the good grinders here: It is feasible without falling back to cheats and such things. All it takes is a staggering amount of perseverance and - preferably - a lot of creative self deceit.
you do make a decent amount of money for 2 fights a day

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
That said, I am reminded of freecities where you effectively could have unlimited slaves
It's easier when using paperdolls like in Freecities, storing data is a thing and having a graphical view is another.

I'm curious to know and see how the generated slaves will be graphically represented in MOR :)

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
you do make a decent amount of money for 2 fights a day
I never restricted those blood thirsty bitches in my team to the Arena fights only. There's only a miserable few of those high price fights on the Arena atm. Big money always came from other where - and trough the months and years of ongoing slaughter my team seemed to appreciate killing as much or more than those cozy TV-nights and grand dinners my seriously deranged MC occasionally offered them. They knew there would be a price for that kind of sudden and suspicious kindness, I fathom.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018

Damn, this is tier 2 slave looks amazing! I would place her on third place among others judging by her appearance. Too bad it's paywalled (I can't become patron right now). I don't care much about customization option, because I prefer their personality and backstory without me deciding it and other tier bonuses, I just want that girl. :cry:
She is also in the game banner, such a trap! :)

So, I was thinking about this space dilemma and I remember back in the day Grim was saying about game engine and that is hard to make it. It was before annex was added IRC. But now it still a problem? Can't we just build another annex, or build additional floors in the first one? As I said, don't know much about codding, for me, it looks like, you could program additional page switch when you go to slave selection menu, and switch between them like: page 1, page 2 ...

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
It's easier when using paperdolls like in Freecities, storing data is a thing and having a graphical view is another.

I'm curious to know and see how the generated slaves will be graphically represented in MOR :)
plus FreeCities is an unwieldy beast. SLOW AS HELL. last i played it, i had approximately 100 active slaves, not counting the ones i was processing thru the subcorps. and you know what? i barely had any active sex with any of them. 1 - FC sex interactions were basic as hell. 2 - when your managing that many slaves, you dont have the time to get personal with them. if i remember correctly, the reason why they coded in the subcorps was to steer players away from having ungodly amounts of slaves and losing sight of the more personal, one on one interactions.

EDIT: the webgl options was kinda cool, but it made my alienware ramp up like crazy. plus, alot of the clothing options werent rendered. it was a javascript conversion of genesis8 daz model morphs. very cool implementation, but not optimized at all. and only paperdoll.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

Damn, this is tier 2 slave looks amazing! I would place her on third place among others judging by her appearance. Too bad it's paywalled (I can't become patron right now). I don't care much about customization option, because I prefer their personality and backstory without me deciding it and other tier bonuses, I just want that girl. :cry:
She is also in the game banner, such a trap! :)

So, I was thinking about this space dilemma and I remember back in the day Grim was saying about game engine and that is hard to make it. It was before annex was added IRC. But now it still a problem? Can't we just build another annex, or build additional floors in the first one? As I said, don't know much about codding, for me, it looks like, you could program additional page switch when you go to slave selection menu, and switch between them like: page 1, page 2 ...
the technical issue isnt the graphical UI. its the storing and transferring of the active variables for each active girl from one passage to another (I AM NOT A TWINE/SUGARCUBE EXPERT, THIS IS A NOOB EXPLAINATION). the more active girls you have in the game, the more that needs to be stored and tracked. grim is worried that it will start to cause performance problems.

especially since the additions of more variables (fear/defiance etc, with more to come).

i feel like the permanent solution is to add more slots that are non-active (like the arena), that will allow player to "WAIFU DEM ALL" without having them active. because you can only fuck so many girls in one day.

Reactions: SharkVampire

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
the technical issue isnt the graphical UI. its the storing and transferring of the active variables for each active girl from one passage to another (I AM NOT A TWINE/SUGARCUBE EXPERT, THIS IS A NOOB EXPLAINATION). the more active girls you have in the game, the more that needs to be stored and tracked. grim is worried that it will start to cause performance problems.

especially since the additions of more variables (fear/defiance etc, with more to come).

i feel like the permanent solution is to add more slots that are non-active (like the arena), that will allow player to "WAIFU DEM ALL" without having them active. because you can only fuck so many girls in one day.
Good thing I've upgraded my pc not so long time ago, so wouldn't be a problem for me, but since I was in that shoes myself, I can imagine how players will be upset. Just don't tell me that the solution for this problem is cryochambers?

But does it really will lag so much? Probably only on potato laptops, even my 10 years old PC was handling most of the games just fine.

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018

Before it generate on a debate of the choice of the engine : it's not an engine problem but a dev choice, no need to discuss more of it, it can't be changed with the current game advancement :D

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Good thing I've upgraded my pc not so long time ago, so wouldn't be a problem for me, but since I was in that shoes myself, I can imagine how players will be upset. Just don't tell me that the solution for this problem is cryochambers?

But does it really will lag so much? Probably only on potato laptops, even my 10 years old PC was handling most of the games just fine.
remember, its still running on a browser.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Before it generate on a debate of the choice of the engine : it's not an engine problem but a dev choice, no need to discuss more of it, it can't be changed with the current game advancement :D
we will see. grim is learning as he goes, and i cant find any fault with his progress taking into account what he has accomplished in a relatively short period of time.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes