SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
hmm, interesting. was she your first slave? it sounds like a combination of low sex skill and maybe her own personal dislike for sex combined to make her into a difficult customer, so to speak.
In such cases I prioritize another slave to git gud. Remember to set your rolls to 1d100, as that means there is a 5% chance to raise your skill by 1 point every time you do something. such as raising manipulate by asking for sex
No, she was my fourth and I mostly bout her, because I read on forum that she can boost your income. Turn's out she also was a rebel, which turned in some sort of challenge for me, which I liked. I wanted to approach things differently than I did with others, as I said. So I started to punish her for her behaviors right away. I don't want to do always what is effective in game, I like role-playing my character. Otherwise, the game turn into playing with numbers and I lose interest. Her vaginal skill was something like 20-25. My copulation not very high either, it's hard to grind you know :rolleyes:? And manipulation is very high, but she was hating me, so it was like hate sex and seduction through aggressive dirt talk :D Because she was refusing me to caress her, as well as kissing, until I got her below 30 willpower.
Then there's factory, which offers charm and stealth level-ups and lots of merch to steal, some bandits are in need of face-removal, quests to do, certain lady to double-team with my merc to lvl up my copulation, stats to grind at home and merch to grind into useful stuff.
You surely don't mind grind. I would just wait for dev, when he implements more appropriate ways to obtain it. Besides, it's not really that needed in game right now. The best way to raise charm is a seduction (kissing, caressing), that I mention a lot right now. But I'm not sure if it will work in your case, because they are human-shells :D

Almost finished collecting 200.000$ to make my first serious investment, too.
What investment will require such amount??:eek:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You surely don't mind grind. I would just wait for dev, when he implements more appropriate ways to obtain it. Besides, it's not really that needed in game right now. The best way to raise charm is a seduction (kissing, caressing), that I mention a lot right now. But I'm not sure if it will work in your case, because they are human-shells
Nah, all that kissing crap is boring to me, i'd rather pilfer factory, much more fun in my opinion.
And yeah, i am an old-school gamer, so i'm like the ultimate grind machine.
Back in fairly early mmorpg days there were games where one level took you a month of non-stop grind.
So yeah, after going through something like that, no grind can truly impress me anymore. :whistle::coffee:
That said 'tis not like i find grind particularly fun, except in games like this one where the dev put some effort into making grind at least somewhat entertaining, so i don't mind doing it in this game. :whistle::coffee:

What investment will require such amount??
Once you hit 10.000 influence you can unlock serious investments in Ikaanos, those require large amount of money injection but give you a large permanent trickle of money. Like the weapons shop that needs you to invest 200.000$ and in exchange it will give you 750$ daily income, forever.
This shall allow me to hire the two top mercs in the game, permanently. And still give me a trickle of money on top of that. :cool::coffee:

Reactions: SharkVampire

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Once you hit 10.000 influence you can unlock serious investments in Ikaanos, those require large amount of money injection but give you a large permanent trickle of money. Like the weapons shop that needs you to invest 200.000$ and in exchange it will give you 750$ daily income, forever.
This shall allow me to hire the two top mercs in the game, permanently. And still give me a trickle of money on top of that. :cool::coffee:
Wow, I didn't know that, even though I already passed through 10k influence. I guess, there has to be some notifications in game about it. Otherwise, I didn't see the point to talk to them again, because they dialogues were the same.
Though, If we look at prices, this sum sound astronomic.
Back in fairly early mmorpg days there were games where one level took you a month of non-stop grind.
So yeah, after going through something like that, no grind can truly impress me anymore. :whistle::coffee:
Lol, that was the reason why I dropped them. Too many useless actions for achieving meaningless things. Otherwise, if grind is fun in the game, like in some session games, where you slash mobs, like in Vermintide, for example. But this is too far from a discussion of MOR, so I stop here.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I guess, there has to be some notifications in game about it.
Perhaps, i also thought about that.
A letter in your mailbox for example when you hit 10lk influence, from the dudes who seek your patronage, would be a good idea to notify the player of these new opportunities. :whistle::coffee:
Sure, if you don't cheat it's a nice little challenge to aim for. :giggle::coffee:
With how the market was changed so far, and how food price is affected by various variables.. things sure looking interesting now.
You can hunt, both people and animals, and eventually arrive at these goals with relative ease though. :whistle::coffee:

Lol, that was the reason why I dropped them. Too many useless actions for achieving meaningless things. Otherwise, if grind is fun in the game, like in some session games, where you slash mobs, like in Vermintide, for example. But this is too far from a discussion of MOR, so I stop here.
To answer the question of grind all you need is to ask yourself this: Do you have somewhere to be? Is there some hurry?
Will Earth split into two if you fail to get everything this game offers day-1?
My answer is always no. So i relax, and grind, while leisurely sipping my beer/tea/coffee and tuning-in to some good music. :cool::coffee:

Reactions: SharkVampire

ss_kk

Oct 16, 2020
This route makes them very angri and very un-affectionate. Obviously. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
But yeah, who cares.
Anger will eventually be restored by house upgrades and affection i never given a crap about anyway since it doesn't seem to affect anything that mattered to me. :unsure::coffee:
You are addressing a point which makes the game extremely frustrating for me: no matter how I try to please them (as if I'm the slave, not them), the slightest misstep drops their affection until I end up either not fucking them (which defeats the purpose) or them ending up "venomous" and eventually trying to escape. Restoring affection is basically impossible. I can't find a way to balance affection with getting sex, basically.

Why do you say affection doesn't matter? And what am I missing in the whole equation?

I would love a cheat menu...

Reactions: RosX

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
You are addressing a point which makes the game extremely frustrating for me: no matter how I try to please them (as if I'm the slave, not them), the slightest misstep drops their affection until I end up either not fucking them (which defeats the purpose) or them ending up "venomous" and eventually trying to escape. Restoring affection is basically impossible. I can't find a way to balance affection with getting sex, basically.

Why do you say affection doesn't matter? And what am I missing in the whole equation?

If you were a slave, would you love your master? Weren't you going to try to escape?
Freedom for the slaves! F**k the masters!
Spartacus :giggle::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ss_kk

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Aria is very easy if you go the affection route. It's because the game is very badly balanced for the punishment route. Even for less difficult girls like Rebecca the time you would have to spend trying to break her through punishment and forced bondage is pretty long, even basic things like threaten result in a heavy affection loss and that is when you pass the manipulation check. Unfortunately the chance to do anything depends heavily on the affection. Basically no matter what you do breaking the slaves using logic and psychology doesn't work in this game, you have to know exactly what actions will give results and what actions to avoid.

On the other hand if you go the affection route you can zero Aria's willpower in few days, you only need a combat party capable of doing her quest, simp some money at the end and you can go seduction, raise some arousal, dominate-> get undressed, abort, inventory->wear something, repeat until she's out of stamina.
anger can be directly lowered by:

giving her gifts and/or expensive trinkets
interactive events like dates, walks, etc.
designating an allowance for her, the higher the better
ORGASMS

and of course, waiting for it to lower on its own.

other factors will affect a girls anger, but thats the direct ones.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
When you release a slave from their contract at high affection, they mention that if you can find them again, they'll come back (at least Rebecca does, haven't tried it out with anyone else). Can you actually find them again, or is this just added flavor to the dialogue?
the recovery part of that framework is still a work in progress. however, when your release a slave, their variables will remain in the game for you to reactivate when the option is enabled.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Guys I'm facing a bug, I think. Or perhaps a feature, I don't know. If any of you guys know, please tell me. I've been training some of my slaves to fight. First I trained lovisa, raised her melee to 100, then I tried raising her strength to 100 but when I reached 60 It just stops raising, the girl goes with me to train and nothing displays for her training, just my character's. At first I thought it was a maximum for the character but I never found anywhere describing this. Then I started training Juno and she stopped training melee at 24 (wtf...), the same bug(or feature?).
Can someone please explain what is happening? Is there a maximum attribute for some characters? Or is it a bug?
gonna need more info on this. are you referring to home training w/slave?

what version are you on?

when you train, does it have the result texts for the girl? if not, that bug was just fixed.

come to the discord, file a bug report. worst case scenario, we will ask you to post your save so we can troubleshoot it.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark
Version: 0.8.0.1b
ETA (Alpha): N/A
ETA (public): Friday 20 August (html release only)

NOTE! Patch notes are added daily. This is not a complete list.
GrimDark — Yesterday at 12:14 AM
Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't let an included slave participate in a training session under certain circumstances.
- FIxed a bug that wouldn't deplete rations that were stored above your store limit.
- Fixed a bug that would display the wrong weight for a slave placed in the Arena.
- Fixed a bug that would lock you out from Advanced training if you were too tired.
- Fixed a bug that would display the wrong amount of gains while doing Acrobatic/Dancing homeschooling sessions.
- Fixed a bug that would make slaves lose Willpower when asking for casual sex in the Arena.
- Fixed a bug that would produce a kill screen with Professor Wolf under certain circumstances.
Gameplay changes
- Reworked the character creation layout (new buttons).
- Changed the "Too tired for exercises" feature. You can now execute training sessions while tired as long as your Stamina Points are 50+.
- Raw meat will now deplete with up to 3 units per day.
- Food rations will start depleting at 1,500 if you don't own a silo.
- Changed the dynamic food system's refill parameters and how much rations Redhaven Market wants to have in stock. A stock below 2500 will now raise the cost/purchase $ of food.
- Added and corrected some Medicine book texts that were missing or seemed a bit off.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Well I do agree about punishment route, for now it's just not worth it. The new mechanic defiance and fear was supposed to change things, but still, love route is simply outmatching it in every aspect. The girls, won't run away, you can leave them be and don't need to constantly maintain their mood in case they decide to do something stupid etc. I didn't play much using harsh methods, but when I got Rebecca, I didn't want to go easy on her, so I decided to test new mechanics. For the sake of role-play, I wanted to teach her a lesson and didn't want to abuse game mechanics. Even though, I broke her willpower in the end, it still took me much more time, than it would be with love route. The thing is, I dropped the idea to constantly harass her and started to bring her on dinners, and even arranged horse riding with top gear. And after I started to do that way, I lowered her willpower really quick. So yeah, it's need to be heavily balanced. I didn't get Aria, because I didn't want to grind for this ridiculous 75k, but I hope at the time new content come, harsh route will be rebalanced, so I could use different methods with her.

Speaking of abusing game mechanics, I think the event with bathing with slave is one of them. You can go bath almost as many times, as you want. Using dominant option, you lower slave willpower pretty quick. It's almost ridiculous how I managed to lower the willpower of almost all of my slaves just by making them scrub me :D
one thing to note is that by using the intimidate talk option, you can raise a girls fear to around 10 pretty quick, and her escape chance will goto zero even though she is venomous to you.

also, the more defiant she is, the less of a an affection hit you take when you punish her. which allows you to do way more to her than normal for a small affection hit.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
It may sound nitpicking, but I always wondered, how you can become extremely filthy just sitting at your home and reading books, for example? Maximum you will be sweaty, but it's not near around "filthy". If the player working in the factory or running around forest (Yes @♍VoidTraveler, I'm talking about hunting) it should degrade that way.
theres no air conditioning, dude. plus, if your sitting on your sweaty ass all day, without taking a shower... well i challenge you to do a sniff check on yourself and find out how "fresh" you are.

though it is planned to have either an issid (domestic slave) or a unique girl (with a "Sex Toy" job title) designated to keep your dick and balls "clean" at all times with her mouth.

• Haha

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

this has not been my experience at all. HOWEVER, i would ask what your stats and skills levels are.

for example: some folks have specced for combat right out of the gate, and then were mystified when they were unable to succeed at any charm/manipulation rolls.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Wow, I didn't know that, even though I already passed through 10k influence. I guess, there has to be some notifications in game about it. Otherwise, I didn't see the point to talk to them again, because they dialogues were the same.
the investment options were just released as a perk for the "Magnate" MoR Enhanced template. but then i talked to Grim and he released it for the public version with a 10k influence requirement.

thats a good point though, those kind of things that get unlocked thru influence should have a letter sent to the player. ill post it in discord for GD-studios.

ss_kk

Oct 16, 2020
this has not been my experience at all. HOWEVER, i would ask what your stats and skills levels are.

for example: some folks have specced for combat right out of the gate, and then were mystified when they were unable to succeed at any charm/manipulation rolls.

1661162796999.png

I did spec for combat but I've read all the manipulation and bondage books, minus Demonic Pleasure which I cannot find (where is it, btw)

With these stats, and a 0-willpower slave (Michelle), I cannot really progress affection past neutral

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
View attachment 1998486

I did spec for combat but I've read all the manipulation and bondage books, minus Demonic Pleasure which I cannot find (where is it, btw)

With these stats, and a 0-willpower slave (Michelle), I cannot really progress affection past neutral
are you succeeding all your charm/manip rolls when you talk to her?

k1bell

Sep 15, 2017
So far having fun with the game, just a tad grindy though.
Gonna stop and wait for the renders to all up for the Japanese slave and also allow me to enjoy the females mercs before continuing.

Is there a way to speedily increase merc affection or upgrade the camp?

Tom7902000

Mar 24, 2017
I do use Sugarcube to cheat, but suffered from MC's sexuall perfomance times (I want him to sex all day long)was limited somehow, can't found the variable works, could any one help?

ss_kk

Oct 16, 2020
are you succeeding all your charm/manip rolls when you talk to her?
Some, not all. Majority yes

Is intelligence a factor in charm / manipulation?

Is there a way to recover sold slaves? (I assume not, but doesn't hurt asking).

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes