mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Has anyone else had an issue with the gallery regarding the Slave Masters of Raana quest? Specifically, being able to click on any of the girls? They are greyed out for me and I have more than enough money.
there is a gallery?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Combat revamp, part I

Here are some screenshots and info about the new partial combat revamp that goes live next week (Alpha release).

- Take anyone out as a follower - slaves, wife, kids, NCPs. Four slaves? Or three slaves + one merc? Or just you and four kids? All combos are possible.
- Larger and more detailed custom avatar pics that cast shadows. All slaves and NPCs have unique sprites + a unique KO sprite after getting incapped. Children even have age-specific sets.
- New healing/post-combat system. Perma death is no more (for NPCs). You'll be able to either Stabilize (permanent injuries) or Heal (requires a Doctors Kit and a Medicine skill of 40+. Leaves no permanent injuries). You can also spend an hour (-3 Stamina points) to comfort and take care of fallen soldiers, even those who are (only) injured. This will recover an additional 5 HP, and might, in some cases, increase Affection.
- No name tags for followers (Or is this still necessary? Less clutter/fancier map without them. Up for discussion, though!).

Screenshot 1: What a mess. I tried to go up against the black guards with my trusted wife, my assault soldier Juno and my two adult kids. We got completely wiped out.

1000.JPG

Screenshot 2: I've returned with a more formidable crew. Loren and Rebecca make up the assault core, while Mai-Lynn, with her 97 ranged skill, is the crew's sniper. I've also decided to give Juno one last chance.

1001.JPG

Screenshot 3: New post-combat healing options look like this.

1001b.jpg

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Combat revamp, part I

Here are some screenshots and info about the new partial combat revamp that goes live next week (Alpha release).

- Take anyone out as a follower - slaves, wife, kids, NCPs. Four slaves? Or three slaves + one merc? Or just you and four kids? All combos are possible.
- Larger and more detailed custom avatar pics that cast shadows. All slaves and NPCs have unique sprites + a unique KO sprite after getting incapped. Children even have age-specific sets.
- New healing/post-combat system. Perma death is no more (for NPCs). You'll be able to either Stabilize (permanent injuries) or Heal (requires a Doctors Kit and a Medicine skill of 40+. Leaves no permanent injuries). You can also spend an hour (-3 Stamina points) to comfort and take care of fallen soldiers, even those who are (only) injured. This will recover an additional 5 HP, and might, in some cases, increase Affection.
- No name tags for followers (Or is this still necessary? Less clutter/fancier map without them. Up for discussion, though!).

Screenshot 1: What a mess. I tried to go up against the black guards with my trusted wife, my assault soldier Juno and my two adult kids. We got completely wiped out.

View attachment 2178254

Screenshot 2: I've returned with a more formidable crew. Loren and Rebecca make up the assault core, while Mai-Lynn, with her 97 ranged skill, is the crew's sniper. I've also decided to give Juno one last chance.

View attachment 2178255

Screenshot 3: New post-combat healing options look like this.

View attachment 2178266
Can you show a screen shot with names as example of what it would look like with too much clutter/less fancy map? For now, I favor having names.

Right now, I can't tell who's who except for the MC, as he's always first and I guess second one has to be Mai since she looks Asian. I do like the new sprites, though.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I would also prefer having names. Maybe it could be a toggleable option? I dunno if that's a viable thing to add.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Can you show a screen shot with names as example of what it would look like with too much clutter/less fancy map? For now, I favor having names.

Right now, I can't tell who's who except for the MC, as he's always first and I guess second one has to be Mai since she looks Asian. I do like the new sprites, though.
Adding the old texts will conflict with available space. Rebecca gets a line break, like on this screenshot:

0001b.JPG

One possibility is a hover-over effect. If you hover over a slave/NPC/kid, her/his/its name appear (LOVISA):

0001c.JPG

Of course, this could be made much fancier, with borders and backgrounds. But you get the idea. Would retain the neatness, while still being able to explore who's who with the mouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gato21

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Does tech focus give any bonus anymore? I tried homeschooling science, but didn't see the normal +15 bonus under focus in modifiers summary.

Edit: 5 that should be a 3 in code; Line 28856 <<if $focus is 3 and $event is 3>><< set _focusgive+=15>>

Last edited:

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
will the merge its talking about with the servents in 8.3 i think it said make you have to start all over? will my save carry over?, im addicted to the game now

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Adding the old texts will conflict with available space. Rebecca gets a line break, like on this screenshot:

View attachment 2178446

One possibility is a hover-over effect. If you hover over a slave/NPC/kid, her/his/its name appear (LOVISA):

View attachment 2178447

Of course, this could be made much fancier, with borders and backgrounds. But you get the idea. Would retain the neatness, while still being able to explore who's who with the mouse.
I don't have any idea how this stuff works, but is the problem that the name, sprite and health bar don't fit in the box? It kinda looks like you could just bump up the sprite and name a little and it would fit between them.

Anyway, I'm just one person and I'm sure I would adapt to any changes made it was just my preference to see the name. Scrolling over to show name would seem to work.

On a different note, would it be possible to slow down the scrolling of the test describing each attack. I find as I'm clicking on the target by the time I look up there's not enough time left to read the result before moving on to next attack. I might be the only person who has this problem or cares so no need to knock yourself out over it.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
warehous 4digits code - ? 1066 (dam i didnot know there is no autoloot for items on the right. was on a paper i did click)
4digits code ... - (oh wait, i can use hacktools i missed in genshop)

Last edited:
Reactions: HumanNPSee
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes