Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
DEV:
Or Does anybody understand the "random" dice rolls?

Example (had this recently)
Dice: 74; CHARM is 75! that should PASS, right???
So why FAIL?
that's the "5D20" but not sure that matters;
I thought if "roll" is<skill stat, then you PASS; But, often this isn't the case.

I can understand why some want to use MODS that MAX stats; Cases like this are all to common, & we're often working against girls w traits hard to deal w in 1st place (Feminist, Jaded, Malevolent, etc) meanwhile we only get a few "chances" /day to help their stats, & when when u do EVERYTHING (ok can still buy more charm but @ $7k, it's NOT cheap!
--->>> There needs to be a way to be *SURE* of success, [certain skill level?] it needs to be plainly indicated, & *POSSIBLE* (ie, w/o cheats or game restart.

I've read "guide" & hints, etc, but really the above is good example of why NONE of that works!
[FYI: g DAY 215; ]

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
This game has gone the way of non random slaves. Is it really a wise decision to spend time on random slaves? I understand the thought, we are slave traders, slaves should be commodity, not precious unique snow flake. However, the game is where it is?
May I suggest to make a few renders for the brothels instead? I think that might be cost efficient way of making them into commodities, and let us to continue to invest ourselves in our own slaves.
Some of both actually makes sense. Consider pics/graphics: Ideally each girl should have her own, which means you need to know in advance (can't be random) However, that's also a lot of extra work; MUCH easier to make larger # when they can have random stats. (& few or no pics)
Think of just 1 girl: You'd need a pic for every outfit, pics 4 different moods/attitudes, etc. At this time (8.1) SEVERAL other quests R in the works, & it's easy to assume some might involve meeting more ... people.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
DEV:
Or Does anybody understand the "random" dice rolls?

Example (had this recently)
Dice: 74; CHARM is 75! that should PASS, right???
So why FAIL?
that's the "5D20" but not sure that matters;
I thought if "roll" is<skill stat, then you PASS; But, often this isn't the case.

I can understand why some want to use MODS that MAX stats; Cases like this are all to common, & we're often working against girls w traits hard to deal w in 1st place (Feminist, Jaded, Malevolent, etc) meanwhile we only get a few "chances" /day to help their stats, & when when u do EVERYTHING (ok can still buy more charm but @ $7k, it's NOT cheap!
--->>> There needs to be a way to be *SURE* of success, [certain skill level?] it needs to be plainly indicated, & *POSSIBLE* (ie, w/o cheats or game restart.

I've read "guide" & hints, etc, but really the above is good example of why NONE of that works!
[FYI: g DAY 215; ]
Have better mod. :)

Zibodar

Dec 21, 2017
NPCs will now degrade Affection and Happiness 75% slower. This is huge also would like for more places to invest your money so you can have a lot of income now only way to get passive income to something close to 1000 $ a day is investing in gun shop general store after 10000 influence.I know you can invest in more like the caravans but thats like 60$ a day and heres a tip buy the first girl from the slave market you will need 1500 influence and 8000 $ to buy here a do here quest for 125$ more in passive income

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Have better mod. :)
you mean CHEAT??? the mod I do (still using) see other post;
isn't a cheat mod, it mostly inc stamina bonus + better luck when training (see full post)
trying to play by the "rules"----but sometimes the "rules" don't make sense! [UGH!]

"I thought if "roll" is<skill stat, then you PASS; But, often this isn't the case."
does anyone know if this is true---does it matter which dice you use? [another recent example: Dice 62 (same char) should PASS, right?]
Even if I had another charm upgrade, would it even help? [D62<CH75, so higher charm shouldn't matter]

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
you mean CHEAT??? the mod I do (still using) see other post;
isn't a cheat mod, it mostly inc stamina bonus + better luck when training (see full post)
trying to play by the "rules"----but sometimes the "rules" don't make sense! [UGH!]

"I thought if "roll" is<skill stat, then you PASS; But, often this isn't the case."
does anyone know if this is true---does it matter which dice you use? [another recent example: Dice 62 (same char) should PASS, right?]
Even if I had another charm upgrade, would it even help? [D62<CH75, so higher charm shouldn't matter]
Nice seeing people trying to mod Masters of Raana more to their liking! :)

However, I think you've misunderstood the calculation script. The base is indeed = role a Dice under your Skill value. But the Chance Result (blue line) is a totally different matter. That is what you should look at. The Dice result is just an indication on how far away you were from succeeding.

The Chance Result can be affected by a hundred different factors. In the case below, I have a Charm skill of 90. Still, I'm more than 77 points away from succeeding. Why? First of all - Lovisa doesn't like me after I tried to explain her chores. She also didn't appreciate my intimidation attempts a couple of days ago. In addition to this, I forgot to take a shower, again, so I reek like a sewer.

If I'd do something about all those factors, maybe my Charm roll would be "unmodified", giving me a 90% success chance.

That roll (read Chance) would be even further enchanced if I'd make her fall in love me, if I stuff her full with chocolate, if I fulfill her traits somehow, if I recently gave her a nice trinket, etc. etc.

001.JPG

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
This game has gone the way of non random slaves. Is it really a wise decision to spend time on random slaves? I understand the thought, we are slave traders, slaves should be commodity, not precious unique snow flake. However, the game is where it is?
May I suggest to make a few renders for the brothels instead? I think that might be cost efficient way of making them into commodities, and let us to continue to invest ourselves in our own slaves.
My goal is of course to make the random slaves as cute as the unique ones ;) .

Theflyingcow

Mar 16, 2018
Version 0.8.1.1 Alpha A4 has been released!

This is the final and complete version of 0.8.1.1 with all systems implemented - crafting, new random scavenger missions, Ansel's tutorial quest and a ton of other fixes.

Read more (includes screenshots).

Changelog .

Now, I'll finally start working on random slaves. Expect some progress news on this in a couple of weeks.
Where can i find the new version? I can only find the 8.1 both here and on Itch.io

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Where can i find the new version? I can only find the 8.1 both here and on Itch.io
It hasn't been released publicly yet, it's still in alpha. I believe what Grim meant by "full and complete version" is that all the features and content are in and now the only thing left to do is fix bugs as they're reported, then 8.1.1 will be released to the public. I think it should be out before the end of the month.

Nightofshadow

Aug 19, 2022
Each release comes out first of all to suporters on subscribestar or patreon (I prefer subscribestar as a company) starting with tier 4 supporters. The release is then made available to successive tiers of suporters. Finally, about just 4 weeks from the initial release, it becomes available to everyone at no cost. There is a small amount of content (not game breaking at all) reserved for supporters as a bonus reward for their support. If you can bung the guy ten units now and again then all the better. (Its quite original, compared to other things out there, and they guy is super active with lots more of this game in the pipeline.)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

However, I think you've misunderstood the calculation script. The base is indeed = role a Dice under your Skill value. But the Chance Result (blue line) is a totally different matter. That is what you should look at. The Dice result is just an indication on how far away you were from succeeding.

The Chance Result can be affected by a hundred different factors. In the case below, I have a Charm skill of 90. Still, I'm more than 77 points away from succeeding. Why? First of all - Lovisa doesn't like me after I tried to explain her chores. She also didn't appreciate my intimidation attempts a couple of days ago. In addition to this, I forgot to take a shower, again, so I reek like a sewer.

If I'd do something about all those factors, maybe my Charm roll would be "unmodified", giving me a 90% success chance.

That roll (read Chance) would be even further enchanced if I'd make her fall in love me, if I stuff her full with chocolate, if I fulfill her traits somehow, if I recently gave her a nice trinket, etc. etc.

View attachment 2251146
Thanks for the info.

WOW! ok, 1st how did you get 90 CHARM? Even if you buy it, I think it caps at like 84 or something, doesn't it?
Try to stay clean as much as possible, so that's not likely it. ;-)

The "(girl) .....doesn't like me after I tried to explain her chores."---with randomness, fails are common (apparently even w 90 (!) charm! so if 1 (charm attempt) fails, does it snowball so the next one is more likely to fail? where does it end? How does happiness & Affection factor in? [I've read the Wiki, but it leaves a lot out---& not sure what's implemented & what's a WIP.]
With Reb (MALEVOLENT ugh!) it's impossible to keep everybody hi happiness----but if they're neutral or above, does that affect likelyhood of charm working? [everything seems 2 FAIL on high willpower (BITCHES FROM HELL!] so, let's assume WP of <40;

Oh speaking of trinkets, need give have more TEDDY BEARs! :) (I only know of 1) Chocolates/trinkets, more of that random hit/miss thing, I'd say *LESS* than 1/3 actually do anything-----nothing that comes close to making up for a FEMINIST or MALEVOLENT (or both)

Besides the obvious shower, Is there anything (cheats aside lol!) that we can do that doesn't cost a FORTUNE? [to increase chances of success] [mostly $$$ goes to weapons/armor/TRAINING/buy more slaves/bath (the expensive bath helps w healing) ***TRIPS*** [$500+/trip up north!] hiring/paying for mercs (try as I might [many playthroughs now]) Mercs die, have to keep replacing.
maybe a short list might help myself as well as others. [assume clean, or close to it]

BTW "explain chores" is 1 of few ways I know of to reduce willpower [sex options are out if she's neutral or at all upset] OR, increase discipline.

Thanks again! Thought maybe I was just having too much bad luck, but maybe there's more going on!
(BTW I did well w Lovisa [not this run, but another one] BIGGEST problem seems to be Aria (FEMINIST) &/or Rebecca (MALEVOLENT) they make the entire house a lot tougher to control! Alas, both have Quests, so you have to keep them for a while.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Each release comes out first of all to suporters on subscribestar or patreon (I prefer subscribestar as a company) starting with tier 4 supporters. The release is then made available to successive tiers of suporters. Finally, about just 4 weeks from the initial release, it becomes available to everyone at no cost. There is a small amount of content (not game breaking at all) reserved for supporters as a bonus reward for their support. If you can bung the guy ten units now and again then all the better. (Its quite original, compared to other things out there, and they guy is super active with lots more of this game in the pipeline.)
To everyone asking about 8.1.1:
Last I checked (see his Patreon page) it's only avail for TIER 3+; My MOD (& others) R still based on 8.1, the last public.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Thanks for the info.

WOW! ok, 1st how did you get 90 CHARM? Even if you buy it, I think it caps at like 84 or something, doesn't it?
Try to stay clean as much as possible, so that's not likely it. ;-)

The "(girl) .....doesn't like me after I tried to explain her chores."---with randomness, fails are common (apparently even w 90 (!) charm! so if 1 (charm attempt) fails, does it snowball so the next one is more likely to fail? where does it end? How does happiness & Affection factor in? [I've read the Wiki, but it leaves a lot out---& not sure what's implemented & what's a WIP.]
With Reb (MALEVOLENT ugh!) it's impossible to keep everybody hi happiness----but if they're neutral or above, does that affect likelyhood of charm working? [everything seems 2 FAIL on high willpower (BITCHES FROM HELL!] so, let's assume WP of <40;

Oh speaking of trinkets, need give have more TEDDY BEARs! :) (I only know of 1) Chocolates/trinkets, more of that random hit/miss thing, I'd say *LESS* than 1/3 actually do anything-----nothing that comes close to making up for a FEMINIST or MALEVOLENT (or both)

Besides the obvious shower, Is there anything (cheats aside lol!) that we can do that doesn't cost a FORTUNE? [to increase chances of success] [mostly $$$ goes to weapons/armor/TRAINING/buy more slaves/bath (the expensive bath helps w healing) ***TRIPS*** [$500+/trip up north!] hiring/paying for mercs (try as I might [many playthroughs now]) Mercs die, have to keep replacing.
maybe a short list might help myself as well as others. [assume clean, or close to it]

BTW "explain chores" is 1 of few ways I know of to reduce willpower [sex options are out if she's neutral or at all upset] OR, increase discipline.

Thanks again! Thought maybe I was just having too much bad luck, but maybe there's more going on!
(BTW I did well w Lovisa [not this run, but another one] BIGGEST problem seems to be Aria (FEMINIST) &/or Rebecca (MALEVOLENT) they make the entire house a lot tougher to control! Alas, both have Quests, so you have to keep them for a while.
Pro-tip: Maximize Charm in character creation, it's just so damn useful. You can do better than 84, and you can get a few more points in the Academy classes and books, not many though. One point of charm is worth like four manip in creation, there's many more points available in Manip from classes and books.

Don't expect to do the impossible though, even with high charm take a shower and don't expect everything when you've pissed them off. Maximize your chances as best you can and you'll have less wasted time.

Theflyingcow

Mar 16, 2018
It hasn't been released publicly yet, it's still in alpha. I believe what Grim meant by "full and complete version" is that all the features and content are in and now the only thing left to do is fix bugs as they're reported, then 8.1.1 will be released to the public. I think it should be out before the end of the month.
Ah ok thx, thought full release meant public. One of his previous announcements said it would be public before christmas, so though this was it.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Pro-tip: Maximize Charm in character creation, it's just so damn useful. You can do better than 84, and you can get a few more points in the Academy classes and books, not many though. One point of charm is worth like four manip in creation, there's many more points available in Manip from classes and books.

Don't expect to do the impossible though, even with high charm take a shower and don't expect everything when you've pissed them off. Maximize your chances as best you can and you'll have less wasted time.
In addition to Gunner's suggestion, if you have higher intelligence (70+) you can get bonus charm with Daria's Gift from an Academy class. It provides +20 charm bonus to girls with intel lower than 50. You can increase intelligence a good amount if you start with a decent level, from books (+6 or more I think) and classes (+7-17). More points the higher your INT is.

Oh, I suggest experimenting with character creation to see what certain choices give you. There are a surprisingly large array of results, I just popped out a character to check some things and got a 58 INT and 75 charm combo. That would be relatively easy to increase INT above 70 and even without increasing charm have 95 for girls of 49 or lower INT with Daria's Gift.

Last edited:

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

I tried that route before----1 was a "charming medic" another a professor. ***HI WILLPOWER*** girls killed me (MAX charm mean less in other areas, incl Manip. ) +, I kept loosing willpower (UGH, happened several times) in teacher, etc, ie, Manipulative "Fail" cost me points elsewhere! Current run is a Criminal MAX Manip@start (asked in another post, but got no replies; Best "luck" so far, is the 2 variations of "criminal" (ie, PURE/embrace, & Rebel) all routes too many problems can't overcome.] For example, you can BUY more charm, but can't buy more Manip. pts; Also extremely hard to get back lost willpower (everything they talk about is very "Random", meaning you might try it many times, *IF* you're lucky only get 1 WP point! WP + Intel I think factor into training girls, & getting 2pts/day vs 4, is *HUGE* [can only teach 2x/day] can take months just to train 1 girl, in 1-2 skill! [much better if you can get 2pts/session]

PS alt route: when I did the hi charm (like you suggest) even *AFTER* books, etc Manip was still so low failed most of time. (not sure what odds are, but if you factor in those "other factors" ;-) you mention, maybe 60 manip. fails ~50% of time? Book (assume bad luck!) don't always give the same amount, & same w classes. Actually, isn't that CLASS singular? only "Miss Devious" class? if mem serves, nothing @ Acad give Manip pts.
again, cases here where too much spread/randomization is a BAD thing.
The "worst case" girls (Hi WP) charm usally FAILS on anyway, & they get more pissed off! Same thing w FEMINISTS. Manip. is only other way to affect them.

From many tries, my "pro-tip" , is Criminal, & MAX Intel, Manip. & WP @ start
(my 1st version was actually pretty good, but you can only have 6 slaves, & had to sell some b4 was able to get their Quests. If you plan to do most of the Quests, one must be very careful which slaves & in what order you buy them! lol

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
In addition to Gunner's suggestion, if you have higher intelligence (70+) you can get bonus charm with Daria's Gift from an Academy class. It provides +20 charm bonus to girls with intel lower than 50. You can increase intelligence a good amount if you start with a decent level, from books (+6 or more I think) and classes (+7-17). More points the higher your INT is.

Oh, I suggest experimenting with character creation to see what certain choices give you. There are a surprisingly large array of results, I just popped out a character to check some things and got a 58 INT and 75 charm combo. That would be relatively easy to increase INT above 70 and even without increasing charm have 95 for girls of 49 or lower INT with Daria's Gift.
Had bad luck when pushed CHARM (see other post) but MAY still try to get the "Daria's Gift" in this run. (Current 61 Intel) I think if you don't get "BRAINY" @ start, DG's impossible. Even w, not easy; wrong order, or bad luck (?) & you won't have the 70 intel in time. Intel's 1 of those things had bad luck w runs if didn't get @ start!
Somebody should make a chart/guide, on min steps to get stuff like that. This is one of those rare "games" (almost called it a VN! lol) where it's very hard/impossible to do everything in 1 run.

--->>> CUDOs TO YOU DEV! (GREAT JOB!) [ok, still needs lots of work, but heads & tails above most of the pack!]

The many, *MANY*, options & choices @ start, can make for a quite different experience.
BTW never heard back from my "hard" (anybody "finish" Grimdark?) post.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

View attachment 2251146
DICE QUESTION:
Ok have read them many times (feel like an idiot!) & it's still not quite clear:
WHICH "DICE" (1D.. 2D... 5D.....) give best chance of SUCCESS? [like most I'd rather succeed than fail! lol]
Let's assume you're in the 1st 250 "game days" & NONE of your stats are above 70. [but as you've shown, even 90!!! can fail!]
I've done RPG b4 (loved Diablo II) but not a lot w "Dice" games.

Thanks. Hopefully this will help others also. [Dice is seperate from difficulty, should that be part of it?]

gReihutb

Dec 6, 2022
DICE QUESTION:
Ok have read them many times (feel like an idiot!) & it's still not quite clear:
WHICH "DICE" (1D.. 2D... 5D.....) give best chance of SUCCESS? [like most I'd rather succeed than fail! lol]
Let's assume you're in the 1st 250 "game days" & NONE of your stats are above 70. [but as you've shown, even 90!!! can fail!]
I've done RPG b4 (loved Diablo II) but not a lot w "Dice" games.

Thanks. Hopefully this will help others also. [Dice is seperate from difficulty, should that be part of it?]
For repeated activities like gambling and hunting 1d100 is best. Give you that chance to boost the skill.
Fod activities where you have a high skill (65+) 5d20 is good. 2d50 is great for fishing and generally the "normal" roll.

1d100 1% chance for ANY number. 5d20 a normal distribution curve peaking around 52, ie 52 had a 3% chance. and both sides the chance % goes down. Almost 0% chance of rolling a 15 or below or a 85 and above. 2d50 is a is 2% chance of 52 peak and a linear falling chance on either side. (anydice.com --> output 2d50 --> click graph)

I use 1d100 in the beginning and switch to 5d20 later on.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes