GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I have problems starting the party quests of Michelle and Lovisa. The willpower of both is in the negative range, and their affection is "undying". They've been in my household for months. I know there is a random factor, but I've invited both to casual dinners repeatedly without any luck. Are there any additional requirements that aren't mentioned in the Wiki article? I hadn't any problem starting "Tales from Redhaven".
They must be alone - no other guests present.

The random factor is about 33% per dinner for those mini quests to execute.

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
The first D&D night is limited to 5 sessions. More are in the works, however (community creations). You'll be able to purchase them at the book store in a not-too-far-away update.
So they're all unique? I confess, I'd welcome some generic repeatables added to the mix. Or at least some way to chill that works for entry level types.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Any way to cheat to change stats like ranged combat,i hate it when my mercenaries die so i wanna go solo
There's ways to just change the stat, about 40 pages back someone wrote out a comprehensive list of commands. I don't know how to do it for sure myself.

At any rate, you won't have to worry about your mercenaries dying (permanently) much longer, the newer versions in the pipeline right now allow you to keep them alive.

You can also just train up your ranged combat, it doesn't take that long and you'll want to train one of your slaves (Rebecca is a great candidate) up in ranged combat soon into the game anyway.

Reactions: Hargan2

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
(POSTED ON DISCORD AND SUBSTAR):

Regarding future updates + a Christmas surprise!

Now that 0.8.1.1 is almost finished, it's time for me to start working out the next part of MoR's development cycle. What's so special about 0.8.1.1 is that it marks the end of a six-month stretch of implementing new frameworks, beginning with the slave-trait engine in June and ending with the recently added follower system. There are still a lot of interesting frameworks ahead, but I now feel it's time to shift the focus to content instead of revamping/adding engines.

Versions 0.8.1.2 to 0.8.1.4 will contain just that; large amounts of quests, bounty hunter missions, finished WIP pics, new NPCs, new territories, expanded taverns, new enemies and a much "fuller" End Day event engine. One could say that I'll now turn back and tie up all those loose ends left by the spearhead development of new systems we've seen for these past months.

Some of these addons will be decided through polls on both Patreon and SSA.

Christmas surprise
I've also planned a really exciting Christmas gift for the community. It's a new in-game feature that'll fundamentally change the way you're able to play Masters of Raana. This feature goes live (for testing) in the A3 release that's due out this weekend.

Tier4+ Alpha and random slaves
Starting this winter, roughly in four weeks from now, I'll enable another cool feature on the Alpha server – the acquisition of random slaves at Crystal Heights slave auction. A scantier slave market is also planned for Watery Eyes, where one often finds less valuable specimens (even if that place can offer a few surprises). This system will be developed and tested throughout the 0.8.1.2-0.8.1.4 versions, and then go public in 0.8.2 (spring of 2023). Most of the subsystems are already finished, however, and Alpha testers will be able to fully utilize its features once it hits the Tier4+ version.

gengarmite2

Mar 24, 2021
How do i get the enhanced or elitist start is it a patreon version only any way to get it without paying(no offense to the creator just short on cash)

Last edited:

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Yes, the enhanced start templates are a patreon tier feature (25$ +). Everything they bring you can reach with playtime, so they are really not necessary - just a convenience thank you for the supporters.

The Tier 2 (5$ plus) starting quest and special slave are not reachable through playtime and as such an patreon/subscribestar exclusive feature.

Reactions: GD-studios

gengarmite2

Mar 24, 2021
Also can anyone tell me how to import a save file into android i played a bit in my pc but i want to play the rest using joiplay but ,it does not seem to work

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
With the aid of your wife and NPCs, players who don't like to micromanage can skip that part and focus on adventures, combat, sex or whatever rouse his spirits. Tending to eight slaves alone is meant to be an extremely tedious task that'll demand your full focus - if you want all eight of them to walk around as willing cum-dumpsters.
That's the thing though. The game throws free girls at you. So the structure of the game is such that it encourages hording them. I got two for free just by playing and an event saying #3 is in development. And it's not like my goal is to have them all fall in love with me. But like it would be nice if I could keep them generically happy.

Plus the whole interaction system with the annex is just pointless busywork that adds extra clicks for no gain. Like, why do I have to click through several menus and swap them in and out of my deck just so that I can talk to them?

Reactions: GmFn1869 and jura7

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
The Annex was a workaround , because the game was originally designed only for 2 slaves at the time. The Annex goes away in next version and the new Follower system.

Reactions: GmFn1869

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
That's good news. Either way though this game sends some mixed messages. The two main points being.

1. The intent seems to be for you to buy, train and sell the girls. Nothing wrong with that. But the game also encourages you to get emotionally attached to them. Which actively disincentivizes you from selling them.

2. The game was clearly designed for a party of 3 (you + 2 girls). Which is fine. And everything from the UI to the balance is built around that. Again, no problem there. But the game also not just encourages you but outright throws more than that many girls at you.

It's basically like the developer can't pick a direction or like I've caught him mid change in direction or something like that. Or maybe he is trying to please everyone which newer ends well. So half the mechanics are pulling one way and the other half in the other. My advice would be to take a step back and figure out exactly what the one thing he actually wants is and optimize for it.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Basically the developer had an intention of building a system where you buy/find the slaves, train them and sell them. What he did not count on was that the players would get attached to the slaves , because of the excellent writing and design. The players overwhelmingly wanted to keep the slaves , so he adjusted and created the annex. But whatever he did it was never enough as the call was always more, more, more slaves. Additionally the long term planned stretchgoals (prostitution system, wife/child system) where reached surprisingly quickly on subscribestar. So what you are seeing now is the last few steps in the implementation of the basic systems (follower system (and with that the dissolution of the annex), combat revamp, prostitution engine as well as the wife/legacy system). The new follower system does not make a difference anymore between slaves, mercenary and followers, so you are now free to combine them however you like. To my knowledge the last of the basic system to come is the random slave engine. All this (except random slave) will be in the next version around the end of the year. The random slave engine I think give it two months before it hits public.
Grimdark already said that after this he will go from engine work to more content. We will see, on discord he promised a "Christmas suprise" for tomorrow, so we will see what that is. And all of this in not even two years of part time work.

Last edited:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
That explains a lot. It reminds me of the sort of projects I have at work. You start with specifications for X and than it turns into Y as customers demand Z and by the end of it you have Q which is an unholy mix of them all that does SOMETHING. Nobody is sure exactly what that something was or what it is, was or will be supposed to be. But it does SOMETHING sort of ok so don't touch it. Well, until the next feature request comes.

And the scary thing is I program for the finance industry.

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
Hi i just started the game yesterday and was wondering where you acquire the combat weave armor? it doesn't seem to be available at the armor store.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes