Arachnox

Aug 3, 2018
Cannot assign the 4th follower from the household. The wife is not a follower.

Only able to assign Black Guard (in the screenshot)

Last edited:

WizD

Apr 28, 2018
So in this update I lost my merc and Ayden when I started the quest with Ansel. I got the merc back Ayden isn't in the bathhouse. Anyway to rehire him?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
So in this update I lost my merc and Ayden when I started the quest with Ansel. I got the merc back Ayden isn't in the bathhouse. Anyway to rehire him?
Ayden and several of the other mercs have been temporarily removed so they can be added to the new follower system. The full changelog has more details on who is and isn't in the game currently, and all the mercs will be re-added no later than 8.1.4

Reactions: GD-studios

WizD

Apr 28, 2018
Ayden and several of the other mercs have been temporarily removed so they can be added to the new follower system. The full changelog has more details on who is and isn't in the game currently, and all the mercs will be re-added no later than 8.1.4
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Sick&Alone

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
Found Space Marine in Hamah Bay instead Sloppy Moes
Noticed happiness dropping really fast now on my slaves
And a minor bug (icon)
icon.jpeg

Also, maybe bad luck RNG but cant raise my blacksmith skill above 28
Did all required for the quest, then like 20 more knives but nada.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Here you go. Thanks!
Yeah, as I suspected. There's a missing cap script on the shield icon for assigning slaves. This means it'll override the follower variable and then reset it to the wrong number when the Checker executes.

To avoid: Make sure you don't already have a full party when assigning a slave with the shield (+) sign. (only slaves, NPCs are fine).

To fix: Go to Action and Events > Debug > Clear all Followers. This will rinse the entire Follower system and remove the script bug.

Cleared for 0.8.1.2. Might be a hotfix released earlier, though.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Found Space Marine in Hamah Bay instead Sloppy Moes
Noticed happiness dropping really fast now on my slaves
And a minor bug (icon)
View attachment 2258648

Also, maybe bad luck RNG but cant raise my blacksmith skill above 28
Did all required for the quest, then like 20 more knives but nada.

Yeah, that guy's a wanderer. :)

Happiness has actually been modified the other way since 0.8.1, but it could depend on a vast number of factors - certain traits, conflicting traits etc. Happiness also drops quickly at higher levels - stablizing around 60-70 depending on what slave you're talking about.

Fixed! Thanks.

It's RNG. Have howver made some further changes to make Blacksmithing increase quicker at lower levels. Crafting lessons/books are coming soon as well.

gReihutb

Dec 6, 2022
With 0.8.1.1: has hunting got the nerf? Food prices are between 2 and 3 for the most part - played around 2hrs? New Game. :cautious:

With previous version it would go between 5 and 11.. .. specially when bandits took over. Even with bandits the price is 3.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Yeah, as I suspected. There's a missing cap script on the shield icon for assigning slaves. This means it'll override the follower variable and then reset it to the wrong number when the Checker executes.

To avoid: Make sure you don't already have a full party when assigning a slave with the shield (+) sign. (only slaves, NPCs are fine).

To fix: Go to Action and Events > Debug > Clear all Followers. This will rinse the entire Follower system and remove the script bug.

Cleared for 0.8.1.2. Might be a hotfix released earlier, though.
Thanks for the explanation, I have this issue as well. I'll give the fix a try.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Here is an experimental html for those who want to try it out!

Fixed the "unassignable followers bug". (Still need to Clear all Followers in the debug menu if you're currently experiencing this issue).

All slaves and Wife should now be reassigned to jobs and academy assignments when you clear them from their follower status.

Back up your saves!

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
1671873391276.png
Game froze. No way to progress, can't load a save or anything. I am honestly not a fan of this update. Combat was tolerably boring before; now its just an excrutiating money pit, with only two NPCs worth investing in and feeling even more forced. The slaving system isn't great either. I reccomend you look at strive for power for how it should be done.
And for the love of god, MAKE IT LESS COMBAT CENTRIC with more ways to get cash.
Also, while I appreciate the attempt with the background systems, the fact two of them are locked and you have yet to tell me how to unlock them, there is no information on the wiki about them and the fact the plot progress utterly stops with zero explanation after the jailbreak with aria makes the system unfeasible. Just...let us assign things where we want. Im getting really annoyed at a game that has great lore and wonderful worldbuilding but isn't living up to the potential.

Another issue is the hacking and classes. To ever engage in that part of the game; you need to build for intelligence, if you build for intelligence, you are utterly crippled in combat, meaning the hacking areas are worthless most of the time.

All in all I like this game, but it needs a lot of polish and less pigeonholing. It is inexcusable to present all these options that aren't valid because you expect the player to do one thing and only that thing. I will hold out hope that the issues will be corrected but I am at a point where I may just throw money at the subscribestar and just send the tier 4 version to whomever asks to avoid anyone spending money on this and feeling disapointed.

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
You won, but the Loot button didn't show up? Did any of your mercs/slaves need healing?
nope. Its likely because of the pointless fade effect you added to the button. Can you please answer the rest of the post? Its admirable you want to fix this bug, but I am rather unconcerned about it when I have zero reason to keep playing.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes