GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
nope. Its likely because of the pointless fade effect you added to the button. Can you please answer the rest of the post? Its admirable you want to fix this bug, but I am rather unconcerned about it when I have zero reason to keep playing.
Yeah, let's deal with the most critical things first. :)

Based on your earlier posts, which I wrongly judged to be sarcastic, you have to understand that this game is still in early alpha development. I started working seriously on this project just a year ago. Hacking, combat and slave interactions are constantly being expanded/tweaked, based primarily on feedback such as yours. Which I'm always grateful for.

I'll save your feedback for later and use it when those systems are due to be more fleshed out. There are likely several good points there I need to contemplate.

Regarding combat focus. This game offers many ways to avoid combat. All slave quests, except Aria's uprising and Rebecca's raiders (for obvious reasons) even have Manipulate/Charm routes and you can make s ton of cash as a gambler, hunter, crafter, academy professor, factory worker or by training and applying your slaves to various assignments.

But again - more "chores" are coming on that front too. We're still only in the beginning.

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
Yeah, let's deal with the most critical things first. :)

Based on your earlier posts, which I wrongly judged to be sarcastic, you have to understand that this game is still in early alpha development. I started working seriously on this project just a year ago. Hacking, combat and slave interactions are constantly being expanded/tweaked, based primarily on feedback such as yours. Which I'm always grateful for.

I'll save your feedback for later and use it when those systems are due to be more fleshed out. There are likely several good points there I need to contemplate.

Regarding combat focus. This game offers many ways to avoid combat. All slave quests, except Aria's uprising and Rebecca's raiders (for obvious reasons) even have Manipulate/Charm routes and you can make s ton of cash as a gambler, hunter, crafter, academy professor, factory worker or by training and applying your slaves to various assignments.

But again - more "chores" are coming on that front too. We're still only in the beginning.
Thank you, I am happy to help when I can, I run linux and am unemployed so I have a bit of experience with bughunting and digging through code, not much mind you, but enough. If you need help, message me. I meant no disrespect outright. You have put a tremendous amount of effort into the game, which is why what I noticed stands out so much. Especially now that I have discovered the fact the blackguard and space marine can in fact use plasma guns with unlimited shots

Reactions: GD-studios

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
Here you go. Thanks!
Just started testing this html, debugging/clearing all tasks and titles, then assigning jobs I may have given Nicole an academy work, which seems to overlap with her journalist duty.
010.jpeg

On the good side, the shield/clear is working and remembers her last job.
To clarify and maybe help others figuring it out:
Click on "Shield" -> shes now a follower
Click on "Clear" -> shes again a perfomer
011.jpeg
012.jpeg

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
Also, while I appreciate the attempt with the background systems, the fact two of them are locked and you have yet to tell me how to unlock them, there is no information on the wiki about them
Isn't this for higher level of patreon sponsors?

Another issue is the hacking and classes. To ever engage in that part of the game; you need to build for intelligence, if you build for intelligence, you are utterly crippled in combat, meaning the hacking areas are worthless most of the time.
I usually just train up combat, since I am training slaves I get what combat I need anyway, it is unavoidable.
And cant you use slave for hacking? The best slave in game is Averil imho, she gets high science super fast and is good at other things too.

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
Something bugged Hamah Market after buying a batch of food.
Now cant buy anything, also leaving (not clicking) the mouse cursor over any icon (food/pelt) makes it "tilt"
Tried leaving and passing time, didnt work.
Buying works ok.
021.jpeg 020.jpeg

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
Hello I asked this earlier in the thread but it seemed to have been skipped over as I didn't get an answer and I know this might count towards Spam so sorry for asking again. I haven't played this game and saw in the features a slave limit. I don't want to have to rotate chars in and out I was wondering if there was a way to increase the limit to be able to get all slaves / have multiple wives?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Hello I asked this earlier in the thread but it seemed to have been skipped over as I didn't get an answer and I know this might count towards Spam so sorry for asking again. I haven't played this game and saw in the features a slave limit. I don't want to have to rotate chars in and out I was wondering if there was a way to increase the limit to be able to get all slaves / have multiple wives?
Ah, yes, there are currently ten slots for slaves but that'll get expanded further down the road - to (at least) cover all existing story slaves and a couple of randomly generated ones.

Note that each slave has a rather advanced and unique set of interactions, however. You'll be pretty occupied with exploring, training and keeping up with say 4-6 at the same time.

Reactions: mrttao

ZibiMuj

Jun 16, 2018
Is there anyway to recover a save from version .78? I apparently deleted the game+the save to disc. Browser isn't detecting the old saves on current version

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
I did that too, but then I checked quest log, and seems I was supposed to go along with her suggestion and become some form of rebel. It does not appeal to me.
I totally agree there! 1st, off, [haven't gotten that far in 811, but nothing in changelog] she costs a *FORTUNE*, but yet has NO reward! :-( (breaking her's a pain, some might see that as a reward, but not me) Earlier in Questline talks about selling her to Kymoto (sp) "set for life" [$? this isn't clear] but after you buy her there's nothing more!
2nd, whether you Dom OR submit to her, [why would you buy an EXTREMELY expensive slave, a known criminal & murderer, & then let her control your?!?] the options are STILL the same! sucks. Option to sell back or advance @ Kymanto, sounds best & makes most sense, but again, nothing further.
3rd, if you DO follow the quest (almost doesn't matter if you break her, doesn't even drop her WP if you DO give in!) you're 1) attacking a prison camp, 2) assisting Rebels, & 3) Going AGAINST the Mastersphere, which Kymanto (assuming you joined) is not supposed to do! At the very LEAST, you'd likely have a bunch of Space Marines or Black Guards beating down your door when you got back!

Anyway, hopefully have better Questline/ending in future updates?

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
So I haven't started this but I was wondering about the slave cap thing. since I don't want to have to rotate is it possible to get rid of it or is it a hard lock that will only increase in updates?
as of current, (new 811) hard lock, *BUT*, has been increasing in newer versions.
810----MAX 6
811----MAX 8

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
If you want to do her quest get it back up there by praising her intelligence twice daily. I think she needs somewhere around 15 willpower to be able to trigger that.
actually, WP doesn't matter; Her quest is assigned when you 1st speak to her, you can do it @ any time [BUT HAVE GOOD COMBAT TEAM! Tough enemies!!!] WP can be hi low or negative (broken) May take more than 1 attempt. (mult groups of enemies; If it does, still possible, but each trip can be expensive so have some $$.)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
In the new follower system, if I want to take a slave out for combat do I have to manually clear her job, then select as follower everytime.
Is it intended or am I missing something?

Also, this way Im unable to get Nicole as follower, cause shes stuck as a reporter
Correct. *BUT*, should be note, you can still have her work, & then do combat in evenings. (done that)
Makes sense, she's not God, can't be in 2 places @ once!

I don't have Nicole in 811, can anyone else speak for her?

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Hunting. My strategy revolves around starting with hunting, hoard food while waiting for famine so food price go up to 10 dollars or so. Then sell all hoarded food. To make money while waiting for famine, cure leathers and sell to armorer, it gives good income. To maximise this strategy I do not get mercs until I earned 20-40 in the big famine sell off. I also buy tent so I can camp at hunting spot to not waste time walking there. When hunting is depleting, I fish and train science, academics, domination and medicine. And maybe train one slave.

Oviously you can use just part of this strategy. It gives a faster start if you pick survival skill when making character but not essential since survival improve naturally from hunting and fishing.

If you never get any famine and have hoarded 2k+ food, you could settle for the food price increase from bandits moving into Marsten Avenue. then 6 dollars should be price to aim for.
And you have to transform your raw meat into food rations, otherwise it probably rots away, so I try to avoid having raw meat more than 3-4 days or so, then I go home and make food rations. Not sure if meat actually do rot, I just want to avoid the risk, and if it is unnecessary I write it down to role play. Testing is for people with agency :p
1 of the cool things about this game is there's *MANY* ways to Earn $$$---fighting, Crafting, (expanded in new, but scavenge/sort/sell possible in 810) Quests, Slaves (train, have THEM work!) , Teaching (need stats) Academy; Of course, selling stuff from above; (maybe more this is just off top of head)
--->>> The IDEAL way, depends on what you choose @ start, & you stats. Most things have Min Req stats; Pays to plan out your character!
My advince: Experiment. Try several different options/routes, see which you like, what works best. This game is like Glassix---IMPOSSIBLE to experience everything in 1 playthrough.

Reactions: HereandNow2022

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
How do you start with the elitist or wealthy background? If those are paywalled I am gonna regret wasting my time with this game.
they are Require Tier (? sorry can't remember) *BUT*, you can still do the "sandbox" version. You get a set amount everyday, like an investment.
I think that's the best version to start with for most people. $'s tight until you get a certain lvl of income (basically, Income > expenses, *AND*, house is upgraded or slaves help, eg, you have net -0- or else + Influence. (you start w NEGATIVE influence)

Cheapest way (I do this every new game now!) is get JUNO & Michelle [slaves] ASAP; THEN train so they can both work; (Juno can work as Prof @ Academy, $110 pay) Takes time to train though, so have to be careful (esp if not sandbox mode) & watch your income!

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
811 Question (sorry if someone covered this already)

Mercs; Old ones are all now gone! (even Ansel's different) Ok, Peasant's still there, [hey older pic was better] but all others are gone;
Wiki mentions:
  • Armand
  • Enya
  • The Black Guard
  • Space Marine (had 1 earlier, but he's not there anymore)
So, where do we find them? Haven't tried new in 811, but many tough fights need those good mercs! (even w combat armor, they can die)

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
811 Question (sorry if someone covered this already)

Mercs; Old ones are all now gone! (even Ansel's different) Ok, Peasant's still there, [hey older pic was better] but all others are gone;
Wiki mentions:
  • Armand
  • Enya
  • The Black Guard
  • Space Marine (had 1 earlier, but he's not there anymore)
So, where do we find them? Haven't tried new in 811, but many tough fights need those good mercs! (even w combat armor, they can die)
Out of those you can still get Enya (next to the arena), Space Marine (random appearance in Hamah Bay) and the Black Guard is still in the Warrior Hall.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes