Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Successful Charm roll (Dice: 45, Result: +47)

Does the 45 equal what I rolled? Does the +47 mean I cleared the target number by 47? Does that mean I couldn't have failed the skill check (my charm is 85)?
Low rolls are good, had you rolled a 92 or higher you'd have failed. You fail on a tie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habequiddum

Karat

Aug 27, 2017
Good lord. I love the premise of this game and the work that has gone into the hot female character models. But the amount of grind in this game is insane. And I say that having used cheats. The amount of grind is insane even with cheats. I'd love to see what corrupted Lovisa is like. I'd love to see a Rebecca Higgs who doesn't hate me. But I have a job in real life and other responsibilities; I can't spend a week in real time just grinding up or down stats. I tried to decrease Lovisa's "vanilla" stat, and after multiple days, I barely made a dent in her stat bar.

Also, I don't particularly like that you can't control slaves better. Rebecca Higgs hates me? Tough shit. I'll beat it out of her, like I can in Free Cities. But then she hates me and constantly tries to escape. I could take more drastic measures in Free Cities (blind them, amputate them, etc), but here? Just shrug my shoulders. Honestly, I think the creator could take a lot of tips from Free Cities. Multiple pathways to submission. WAY less grind. WAY less.

Reactions: dlombu

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
It's a known issue. The dev was trying to fix it, apparently he wasn't successful. Till it's fixed, I'd advice not to scavenge in the same place more then once. 4-D moment your only option is reload your last save :confused:.
I finally caught it. A variable not resetting properly. It's fixed in 0.8.1.2 (public release roughly two weeks away) but you can avoid it for now by exiting the Investigate area screen after returning from getting ambused. The map interaction screens in 0811c properly reset the variable causing this issue.

Useck

Mar 20, 2021
Hi All
if slave has high Corruption, affection, willpower at same time, will she be refusing command?

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Good lord. I love the premise of this game and the work that has gone into the hot female character models. But the amount of grind in this game is insane. And I say that having used cheats. The amount of grind is insane even with cheats. I'd love to see what corrupted Lovisa is like. I'd love to see a Rebecca Higgs who doesn't hate me. But I have a job in real life and other responsibilities; I can't spend a week in real time just grinding up or down stats. I tried to decrease Lovisa's "vanilla" stat, and after multiple days, I barely made a dent in her stat bar.

Also, I don't particularly like that you can't control slaves better. Rebecca Higgs hates me? Tough shit. I'll beat it out of her, like I can in Free Cities. But then she hates me and constantly tries to escape. I could take more drastic measures in Free Cities (blind them, amputate them, etc), but here? Just shrug my shoulders. Honestly, I think the creator could take a lot of tips from Free Cities. Multiple pathways to submission. WAY less grind. WAY less.
I hear you, I really do. This is not a game for 'instant gratification' nor an easy one either - I tend to think - and still the great lore and back-laying features seem to carry it far beyond what I'd have imagined only some half a year back.
A confession or two - just so that you know how and from where I watch the game:
I am not a good player, far from that. I compensate my lacking abilities by grinding and going where most sensible folks seldom bother to take another look. I might've been the first one hanging on the Arena long enough to get the team finally to the top there. Quite stupid, I am aware, but I had to see whether it was possible. Now I know it can be done w/o cheats or mods.

Another thing. I like my slave girls happy. (consider that a fetish or something. :rolleyes:) That is why I got a harsh lesson pushing my MC to take a wife and start a life with that wife, kids and issids. SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE, NEVER AGAIN, I thought after only a month in game. That grind was not for me, because there was no visible promise about anything better but even more similar grind in the future. I could still keep my slaves happy, but repeating that with dear wife, beloved kids and respected issids? All too soon that dream turned into such a chore that the hours of a Raanian day fell ridiculously short to accomplish.

Who cares what the slaves think about their master? Well, I might - and I also imagine I'd care about how my wife and kids look at my MC. A very simple basic math shows that there is currently no chance to create nor keep up 'healthy and sound' relations with several household members. The bastards tend to sleep their nights, use a good deal of their days in school in case my MC makes the mistake to let them go there - and the dear wife also spends her precious days in her jobs in case my MC allows that. They can't be bothered to take part in TV-nights, parties or dinners together with the slaves, so I must patiently wait for to see how the new party engine performs when it makes it's appearance.

Worrying without action is empty worrying. I might make a suggestion or two at some later time, but before that I'll keep on happily grinding on with just those couple slaves I like the most and leave the League and family-life to later times and (much?) later game versions. The game is still young and there is such a world of nice stuff coming before the game reaches it's ultimate state. Could well be this is the GOAT (greatest of all times), dunno. In every case it looks like it is something I like to keep on grinding until either I or the game are finished. I have full trust on GD-Studios with this game. They never betrayed me! Surprised and gave a scare every now and then, but that was how the game should go, I imagine. (y)

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Successful Charm roll (Dice: 45, Result: +47)

Does the 45 equal what I rolled? Does the +47 mean I cleared the target number by 47? Does that mean I couldn't have failed the skill check (my charm is 85)?
I think this is how it works. The way to read the rolls is the number to the right is how much higher or lower your roll was, which if you subtract the +/- number to the roll is the number you had to beat. In this case it looks like you needed to roll higher than a -2, so you couldn't fail.

Also, it isn't a 1:1 comparison. The Charm number is modified by several other factors in game during a check and it is just using that as the base skill.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I think this is how it works. The way to read the rolls is the number to the right is how much higher or lower your roll was, which if you subtract the +/- number to the roll is the number you had to beat. In this case it looks like you needed to roll higher than a -2, so you couldn't fail.

Also, it isn't a 1:1 comparison. The Charm number is modified by several other factors in game during a check and it is just using that as the base skill.
You might be right, I edited my reply about three times saying something different each time before I tested it a little and ended up with my final answer. I changed it because I noticed that the lower the score of my roll, the higher the number to the right when doing the same exact thing (complimenting Juno's intelligence). Therefore my guess is that had the original roll have been a '1' the number to the right would have said '+91' and had he rolled a '92' the number to the right would have been '0' and it would have been a fail.

You're definitely right there's other factors impacting on his chances, be it from affection or something else.

Reactions: GD-studios

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

The grind is the game, you've assets (mostly time and money but also your slaves) and how you allocate them and capitalize on them is the game part of Masters of Raana. You get better at it as you learn the system, be nice to Rebecca and fuck the shit out of her and she'll soon be your little bitch. As for a Vanilla Lovisa, take her down to the dungeon and play with her with dildos and then bang her and you'll see that vanilla bar melt away. I had a Lovisa once who was Feminist, Pure, Vanilla and Delicate and boy was that a pain in the ass--her ass that is. Her poor little fuckholes were sore for at least an entire month as I removed those toxic traits.

You don't actually have to do much grinding to get most any sex scene you want, Aria's being an exception, and that's kind of a reward for players who keep at it. Eventually you do the grind just to keep playing, and living, in the fantastic world Grim has created.

• Love
Reactions: Sick&Alone

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I hope Ikaanos number 1 ladies man, bud Walton, make it back into the game soon. Lol. Finally, with the new system won't have to worry about him dying in the first combat encounter.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I don't you about you guys, but I enjoy fiery girls who are rebellious, and talk back in sass to you. It makes taming them much more satisfying. That is why imo, Aria and Rebecca are the best girls in the game.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
please tell me this is a joke.

also...
kinetic energy = mass * velocity * velocity
you're right about the KE; that's why rifle bullet > dam than pistol;
But in terms of Melee weapons: [since u brought up physics! lol]
-SWORD for example, much much (obviously) slower than a bullet, *BUT*, *MUCH* much *LARGER* contact area. (bullet's less than 1" [~2.5cm] Cutting area on sword, several FEET. (easily 20-30+cm) This is why some melee weapons (obviously, not all, swords in general R best balance of speed/accuracy, & damage) can Easily cut off limbs (arm/legs) or even heads. (old fashioned guillotine! [single blade moving @ fairly slow speed)
To get the ~ equiv dam of good sword (again, hands of a Master) probably 50 cal MG. (just guessing here)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Go to the office (manage-->manage home-->office) and look on the shelf, I think it's the right one. Click on the book, blue if I recall correctly. Read the book in the library. That starts the quest.

Edit to add: I didn't recall correctly, it's brown and has an 'H' on it.
thanks, but I know how to start it.
After you get slave, she refers to a "Redhaven Orphanage" Quest [Ask---> hope & dream]
No such Quest in Journal, so.... ???

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Any suggestions for a new player with a charm of 85, Academics of 60 and Science of 52? All my other skills are 30 or lower. Do I just grind jobs at the auto-plant to afford books to train with until I can teach at the Academy? Is taking courses at the Academy the smarter way to do things?

Is there a hacking element to this game?
w 80+ charm (I did 1 like that) I'd get mult slaves (Juno & Mich 1st) hi charm = most good "rolls" when dealing w them.
Get them happy & TRAIN (Education) them, then have them work FOR YOU.
But yes, buy all the books you can 2 MAX out your skills.
AS mentioned in another post, Juno can B trained 2B PROFESSOR (that's $110/day!) Nothing pays better---at least as far as jobs.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
I don't you about you guys, but I enjoy fiery girls who are rebellious, and talk back in sass to you. It makes taming them much more satisfying. That is why imo, Aria and Rebecca are the best girls in the game.
lol!
To each their own... I prefer them *AFTER* their "tamed", when *MUCH* more polite, respectful, etc....
anway

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes