RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
MastersOfRaana-0.8.11c
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Caesariuz

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
still ether need more room so you could have every slave or at least have a seperate house and only being able to upgrade once a day makes no sense and why only 2 training per day that should be based on endurance and for book reading inteligence

Reactions: namelessone22

voivode90

Jul 23, 2020
I've read that you can impregnate girls here, but there's no tag. Does this mean that this content is not implemented yet?

Reactions: Ceesko

AnubisZ

Nov 21, 2017
Combat soldiers have carried bladed weapons consistently over the years and there have been times when they were needed during combat. A big problem most games have with regards to combat, which warps the perception of people, is that everyone fires their weapon and does it accurately. In the US post combat studies after WWII showed that only a small percentage of soldiers fired their weapons. IIRC they found that only a small number of soldiers in a squad would fire their weapons during a firefight. Those that did weren't very accurate, i.e. the ratio of lead fired vs damage was high. It isn't like movies, when people are shooting at you, unless you have superb discipline, it's going to effect you negatively. One reason high morale and unit cohesion were important.

One reason is because soldiers don't like exposing themselves to enemy fire and to fire accurately they would have to expose more of their body. Soldiers in combat like cover and if you watch footage a lot just place their weapon above cover or around corners and fire blindly. If a soldier was to lift his head above cover there was good chance that a lucky shot would be a mortal wound. An added consideration is that only one or two hits would take the combatant out of the action. Even in modern warfare body armor only provides limited protection. It is mostly medical advances that have reduced the number of soldiers dying on the battlefield.

Let's put this in perspective, this is a crpg not a combat simulator. IMO the combat element of the game needs to have some variety, balanced for different play styles and have some progression. I've grown to like the melee aspect of the game and have used it successfully. Granted, I don't know what higher tier enemies will exist later, but I hope that the weapon progression will accommodate it.
You are cherry picking, the study found that only 2% of people where shooting to kill, and where just shooting in general direction.
Hell, the study even lists an engagement where allies and axis where throwing stone at each other and not shooting. When they reran the study after First Gulf War, 98% of people where shooting to kill. WWII study influenced the training changes and abandonment of conscript model in most of the western world. So, yes, modern trained combat soldiers shoot accurately.
Again, if you would compare combat wing with support parts, you would get different metrics.

Reactions: HereandNow2022

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
You are cherry picking, the study found that only 2% of people where shooting to kill, and where just shooting in general direction.
Hell, the study even lists an engagement where allies and axis where throwing stone at each other and not shooting. When they reran the study after First Gulf War, 98% of people where shooting to kill. WWII study influenced the training changes and abandonment of conscript model in most of the western world. So, yes, modern trained combat soldiers shoot accurately.
Again, if you would compare combat wing with support parts, you would get different metrics.
I'm not cherry picking, I was giving a example of real world evidence in regards to the way average humans react. I know that the army used the WW2 study to change how they recruited and trained soldiers to break down that response to being shot at to create soldiers conditioned to face and respond to firefights aggressively. That was the whole point of the study. Modern armies are the outliers to average human behavior not the norm so I didn't regard them as pertinent to a discussion of game play here. I understand the changes that have occurred in modern US warfare and the differences from, basically, pre 1980's combat. People write books about this subject matter and no minor comment on a discussion board will cover every aspect and there are many that influence human behavior in combat.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
They can if their requisite skill is high enough, I just checked Caitlin (the only one I have that qualifies this run) and she can be a professor, and I checked my last game and Aria, Juno and Rebecca are all currently academy professors. I think skill level has to be at least '80' in academics or science.
70 seems to be the number for professorships, I think it's 40 for lecturers.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
I can't find a way to remove a slave from the arena, just swap for another. Is that it or do I need to get a new pair of glasses?

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Are all the slots filled up and you don't have room?
Nope, there's plenty of room. I just can't find an option to take her out, tho I'm pretty sure I done it before, probably in some older version.

Habequiddum

Mar 13, 2018
Any suggestions for a new player with a charm of 85, Academics of 60 and Science of 52? All my other skills are 30 or lower. Do I just grind jobs at the auto-plant to afford books to train with until I can teach at the Academy? Is taking courses at the Academy the smarter way to do things?

Is there a hacking element to this game?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Nope, there's plenty of room. I just can't find an option to take her out, tho I'm pretty sure I done it before, probably in some older version.
Just read a post on Grim's Discord that he fixed a problem with removing slaves from the arena, apparently you aren't the only one having problems.

Reactions: M.Sato

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Got ambushed while scavenging in the city. Had to fight the same ambushers twice, no way to exit the screen after defeating them the second time.

EDIT: managed to get it to happen a second time, so it's duplicatable

Last edited:

Habequiddum

Mar 13, 2018
Successful Charm roll (Dice: 45, Result: +47)

Does the 45 equal what I rolled? Does the +47 mean I cleared the target number by 47? Does that mean I couldn't have failed the skill check (my charm is 85)?

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Any suggestions for a new player with a charm of 85, Academics of 60 and Science of 52? All my other skills are 30 or lower. Do I just grind jobs at the auto-plant to afford books to train with until I can teach at the Academy? Is taking courses at the Academy the smarter way to do things?

Books give more skill when intelligence is higher, so it's better to start by the courses. Hunting is a safe way to make money if you don't want to sweat at the factory.

If by hacking you mean the grid, than no, it's an upcoming feature. If you mean cheating, yeah, a lot:
https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-11c-grimdark.100207/post-8208611

Got ambushed while scavenging in the city. Had to fight the same ambushers twice, no way to exit the screen after defeating them the second time.

It's a known issue. The dev was trying to fix it, apparently he wasn't successful. Till it's fixed, I'd advice not to scavenge in the same place more then once. 4-D moment your only option is reload your last save :confused:.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
i cant find any of the old merc are they being remove?
Yes, as the new follower system is being revamped most of the mercs/NPCs were removed and are being reintegrated with each update. Currently you can hire the Black Guardsman, the Space Marine, Loren, Armand, Ansel, Enya. the Peasant Rifleman and the kids. I think that's it for now and Ayden (?) is coming soon.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

Get yourself some combat armor, and also some for Loren, Rebecca and one other slave. Take out the easy targets and get yourself Michele and Juno. Charm Rebecca to get her quest and pick up the Space Marine. Hang out at the bar in Watery Eyes to open up the Black Guardsman. Take out the tough targets and don't forget to get started on the arena.

You can do this starting with a ranged combat of 30, just remember to make sure everyone has combat armor asap, then move to Durasteel. Start with Rifles (eat the recoil penalty, the thirty-ought is worth it) but you'll start piling up coilguns so start training yourself and Rebecca in Ranged Combat either first thing or after raising her stamina to 80 and yours as well of course.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes