Jun 16, 2022
Hello, I am having trouble assigning my slaves to be by my side during missions/adventures. I checked through the household, follower, and slave menu, but there's no option to assign them. I'm trying to complete the Michelle Wolfe's questline.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah I changed my mind a bit on starting perks. I used to take melee master so my melee skill would already meet the arena requirement on day 1, but I just tried a game where I took zero perks that boosted melee and was still able to get melee up to 38 by day 13 by just using melee attacks in combat. So with that being the day I reached enough influence to unlock Crystal Hills that meant I only had to spend 1 day actually training melee to get access to the arena. I took attractive instead for the early charm boost.

Of course at that point my combat abilities are still pretty weak so it meant I had to just do the random easy battles because nobody has better than leather armor or rifles yet and I'm still using Peasant, Loren, Doyle, and Rebecca. But it's still a bit of easy money and influence and I can switch to the higher paying fights when I get some armor. I decided not to pick up the better mercs until after I've taken all the classes and gotten a few more house upgrades out of the way since those use up so much time that can't be spent making money. So far I just have the garden and bedroom maxed out, level 1 living room/bathroom/kitchen upgrades, and the gazebo.

I think at this point I prefer the combination of Arouser and Pussy Pleaser as the starting sex perks because Arouser is not a benefit you can duplicate later and starting off with a significant boost in copulation makes it really easy to make early progress with the girls in vaginal sex. Cunnilingus is less of an issue since that's pretty easy to raise and seems like it's got a massive success rate even at a skill of 20. Copulation is something you'll train up naturally anyway but it's fairly slow to increase early on, and I find it much nicer to be able to finish a full sex scene on the first attempt with each girl instead of having them beg you to stop at first.
An advantage to hiring the higher tier mercs is you can then take down the Ceilor Forest Raiders and the Highwaymen of Darkmere every 3-4 days. That's a lot of chances at coilgun drops, not to mention all the rifles and other goodies you can find. That's how I get my house upgraded ASAP, which extends a lot of other benefits.

I've still not made up my mind about the best sex perks myself.

Reactions: khumak

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hello, I am having trouble assigning my slaves to be by my side during missions/adventures. I checked through the household, follower, and slave menu, but there's no option to assign them. I'm trying to complete the Michelle Wolfe's questline.
First you must have an open slot for the slave to join you.
Choose the girl and hit the shield and she will be in your party. Untitled.png

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
You have four possible slots. If you have a merc in all four then you can't assign slavegirls. Go to Manage and then Household and make sure you don't have four mercs or Issids currently with the shield minus symbol selectable. If so, select that shield minus and drop them from the team. Then go back out to the main screen and click on the Menu at the bottom between the pics for your two active girls. There you'll access the slavegirl menu screen and you can select one and click the shield-plus button in the top-middle to 'Add Follower.'

Jun 16, 2022
You have four possible slots. If you have a merc in all four then you can't assign slavegirls. Go to Manage and then Household and make sure you don't have four mercs or Issids currently with the shield minus symbol selectable. If so, select that shield minus and drop them from the team. Then go back out to the main screen and click on the Menu at the bottom between the pics for your two active girls. There you'll access the slavegirl menu screen and you can select one and click the shield-plus button in the top-middle to 'Add Follower.'
Thank you as well. Is there a reason the 4th follower spot can't be utilized?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
An advantage to hiring the higher tier mercs is you can then take down the Ceilor Forest Raiders and the Highwaymen of Darkmere every 3-4 days. That's a lot of chances at coilgun drops, not to mention all the rifles and other goodies you can find. That's how I get my house upgraded ASAP, which extends a lot of other benefits.

I've still not made up my mind about the best sex perks myself.
Yeah I was just thinking after upgrading to them in my current game that it might have been better to just go ahead and grab them asap, although I'm not sure about getting Bud super early since his aim is a bit low and he eats up a bunch of time with his attention whore trait. I think I'll still wait on him until after I finish all the classes. Doyle is better until Bud gets his aim high enough to really get good use out of a coilgun IMO.

I do think burning through all 5 classes and a bunch of books early on makes a lot of sense though. It's by far the biggest boost to stats you can get along with the passive bonuses you mentioned from the house upgrades. Daria's Gift in particular is extremely helpful early on for seduction.

I ran out of money with the low tier mercs while I was taking classes so I got stuck at level 1 upgrades for an annoyingly long time (about a month and a half). I wasn't spending much on salaries but I also wasn't making much via combat.

I could have squeezed in a couple of extra upgrades if I hadn't got the aim implant, but to me upgrading my ranged to basically guaranteed hits by early in week 2 is worth it. It would have been better to spend it on the high level mercs first though and then get the aim implant. I tried setting up Rebecca as both a maid and as head maid to see what effect she had on my passive income but I think I probably need to train up her domestic skill before she'll give me much benefit there.

I might try a new game with Arouser + Master of the Ropes so I can really focus on breaking and training my slaves immediately before I've taken any classes or books. With low starting bondage I haven't really bothered to do any training at all for the slaves until about the 2nd month (other than letting a slave join me when I'm training my own stamina). It would be nice to for instance break Rebecca's will immediately, train her domestic skill up around 80 or something, and then work on getting her willpower back up again later. Then again, if I'm going to really go to town with bondage it might be better long term to get Master of the Whip since it seems like Flagellation is harder/more expensive to increase than bondage. At least with bondage I know I can raise it for free via aggressive petting, albeit slowly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Thank you very much. However, I'm not sure why the 4th slot is unable to be assigned by anyone, so I'm only stuck at 3 party members.
Are you on the latest version (v0.8.1.4)? This was a known bug that should have been fixed. If you're on the latest version, could you provide a save file? You can also try using the debug -> clear followers option and re-adding your followers.

Jun 16, 2022
Are you on the latest version (v0.8.1.4)? This was a known bug that should have been fixed. If you're on the latest version, could you provide a save file? You can also try using the debug -> clear followers option and re-adding your followers.
Here you go. I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Here you go. I'm not sure if I did it correctly.
Yep, looks like this is the old bug. In your home menu, click "Actions and Events" then go to the bottom gear icon which is "Debug" and click "Clear Followers." You should then be able to add four followers. I tested it using your save to be sure. Out of curiosity, is this save from a previous version?

• Yay, new update!
Jun 16, 2022
Yep, looks like this is the old bug. In your home menu, click "Actions and Events" then go to the bottom gear icon which is "Debug" and click "Clear Followers." You should then be able to add four followers. I tested it using your save to be sure. Out of curiosity, is this save from a previous version?
Thanks again. It worked. Also, no this save is from the current version. I never had a save file in my possession, since it's been a very long time when I last played this game, and it was on my previous computer.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks again. It worked. Also, no this save is from the current version. I never had a save file in my possession, since it's been a very long time when I last played this game, and it was on my previous computer.
Ahh, thanks. I'll have to let Grim know that this bug has apparently not been totally squashed then.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Grim linked to it in his update post but for the sake of convenience, here's the text dump from the wiki:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wait, there's a way to not kill Mae? Whenever I talk to the Red Devils it puts me in combat with her whether I succeed or fail at the dialog. Do you need to wait til you've boosted stamina or something so you last longer during her blowjob or something? Now I may have to skip that for awhile and see if there are extra options based on stats.

- Having Mae from Ansel's tutorial quest (random slave) assigned as a floor crawler will now drastically raise Ansel's Happiness if he is a member of your household.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Wait, there's a way to not kill Mae? Whenever I talk to the Red Devils it puts me in combat with her whether I succeed or fail at the dialog. Do you need to wait til you've boosted stamina or something so you last longer during her blowjob or something? Now I may have to skip that for awhile and see if there are extra options based on stats.

- Having Mae from Ansel's tutorial quest (random slave) assigned as a floor crawler will now drastically raise Ansel's Happiness if he is a member of your household.
Don't skip it, there's only the one set storyline.

You don't actually kill her, she crawls away with your fresh sperm in her belly and gets herself in more trouble consigning her to slavegirl status. She's been a very naughty girl and if you go to the auctions regularly, eventually she will show up and you can be the one to administer her punishment. One time she showed up the third or so time I went there, in my main Rise From the Ashes game she didn't show up until I'd been there a dozen times at least.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah I was just thinking after upgrading to them in my current game that it might have been better to just go ahead and grab them asap, although I'm not sure about getting Bud super early since his aim is a bit low and he eats up a bunch of time with his attention whore trait. I think I'll still wait on him until after I finish all the classes. Doyle is better until Bud gets his aim high enough to really get good use out of a coilgun IMO.

I do think burning through all 5 classes and a bunch of books early on makes a lot of sense though. It's by far the biggest boost to stats you can get along with the passive bonuses you mentioned from the house upgrades. Daria's Gift in particular is extremely helpful early on for seduction.

I ran out of money with the low tier mercs while I was taking classes so I got stuck at level 1 upgrades for an annoyingly long time (about a month and a half). I wasn't spending much on salaries but I also wasn't making much via combat.

I could have squeezed in a couple of extra upgrades if I hadn't got the aim implant, but to me upgrading my ranged to basically guaranteed hits by early in week 2 is worth it. It would have been better to spend it on the high level mercs first though and then get the aim implant. I tried setting up Rebecca as both a maid and as head maid to see what effect she had on my passive income but I think I probably need to train up her domestic skill before she'll give me much benefit there.

I might try a new game with Arouser + Master of the Ropes so I can really focus on breaking and training my slaves immediately before I've taken any classes or books. With low starting bondage I haven't really bothered to do any training at all for the slaves until about the 2nd month (other than letting a slave join me when I'm training my own stamina). It would be nice to for instance break Rebecca's will immediately, train her domestic skill up around 80 or something, and then work on getting her willpower back up again later. Then again, if I'm going to really go to town with bondage it might be better long term to get Master of the Whip since it seems like Flagellation is harder/more expensive to increase than bondage. At least with bondage I know I can raise it for free via aggressive petting, albeit slowly.
I suspect the 'optimum' strategy depends upon what you start with for Ranged Combat. If you go all the way and take a Soldier/Embraced/Border Wars/Sharpshooter and max your RC you can do with one less top-tier merc as your MC will practically be one already and in short order will be. Bud is worth training up because that Ammo Pack will soon be invaluable and you might as well start early. It looks to me like Carousing at Dockgrave is a good early opportunity at tough-to-get stats so you ought not have trouble keeping Bud happy even if you do nothing else there and play poker at Furry's and settle for the naked teenagers crawling around getting their tummies filled as Kasey is too rich for your blood to start with.

You've been on the treadmill, I know what you mean about being caught in that situation. Sometimes I solve it by hunting until a famine and then buying Aria, other times I just bull my way through it and work on my stats and my girls. My last few runs I found all-out combat from the beginning (even if you start with 30 RC) allows you to blow past it, as the coilgun drops add up quick if you meticulously keep Stokke Hills and Darkmere clear and collect the rifle from the freebooter clown in Watery Eyes and get a daily bounty and two Arena fights in.

If you charm Rebecca enough you'll get the option to make her your Skuldugery girl and she'll tweak your incomes nicely. You don't want her as Head Maid anyways as she's a bitch (Malevolent trait) and will bully your other girls horribly. That might be fun to watch, but it hurts their happiness noticeably.

I think my next character will go for Arouser and the Teen Subduer as I think in the long run I can get the other stats where I want them but eventually I'd like to fill out the Dockgrave Tavern Quest and I think those will help most.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ok I started over yet again and it's definitely a stronger start to just grab the high level mercs asap. It's day 7 for me and I already have access to Crystal Hills after grabbing the Blackguard, Doyle, and the Space Marine and clearing the city of almost everything right away.

The only enemies left are the 3 Blackguards with the coilgun and duraplate armor and the space hulk. Way more money than trying to save on salaries. Now I can also swap out Loren for Ayden, so cleaning up the Blackguards and the space hulk should be no problem on day 8. My main character so far contributes basically zero value to fights. It's all about the mercs. With access to coilguns so soon I think I will also pick up Bud soon and start working on his ranged skill.

I will have to play around a bit more with Dockgrave since I have definitely seen willpower and intelligence increases from Carousing and I've also gotten an intelligence increase from playing poker. So an all out combat build could be interesting and just grind away at poker/carousing to get my intel up high enough to do the books and classes. I think the high intel start is probably still generally better though since you get access to the stat boosts from the classes and books so much sooner. The combat boost from your main character for a combat build is kind of dwarfed by the strength of your mercs.

One other thing I haven't tried yet that might be interesting is to use drugs to boost your stats. I'm not clear on how the withdrawls work if and when you stop using them though. It sounded like your stats get absolutely hammered til they get down around 25ish but I don't know if that's temporary or permanent. If it's temporary it could be interesting to use that to dominate some of the early content and then suffer through having crappy stats for awhile til you recover from the withdrawls. If it's permanent though then I don't think it's worth it. It would either be use drugs forever or not at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Ok I started over yet again and it's definitely a stronger start to just grab the high level mercs asap. It's day 7 for me and I already have access to Crystal Hills after grabbing the Blackguard, Doyle, and the Space Marine and clearing the city of almost everything right away.

The only enemies left are the 3 Blackguards with the coilgun and duraplate armor and the space hulk. Way more money than trying to save on salaries. Now I can also swap out Loren for Ayden, so cleaning up the Blackguards and the space hulk should be no problem on day 8. My main character so far contributes basically zero value to fights. It's all about the mercs. With access to coilguns so soon I think I will also pick up Bud soon and start working on his ranged skill.

I will have to play around a bit more with Dockgrave since I have definitely seen willpower and intelligence increases from Carousing and I've also gotten an intelligence increase from playing poker. So an all out combat build could be interesting and just grind away at poker/carousing to get my intel up high enough to do the books and classes. I think the high intel start is probably still generally better though since you get access to the stat boosts from the classes and books so much sooner. The combat boost from your main character for a combat build is kind of dwarfed by the strength of your mercs.
Keep in mind that after clearing the board your potential plunder income will be limited to just the recurring targets and the more you're carrying in merc salaries the longer it will take to get the Roo, Walton and Aimee investment opportunities. I found I could only maintain two top-tier guys whilst keeping that to a reasonable time period.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Keep in mind that after clearing the board your potential plunder income will be limited to just the recurring targets and the more you're carrying in merc salaries the longer it will take to get the Roo, Walton and Aimee investment opportunities. I found I could only maintain two top-tier guys whilst keeping that to a reasonable time period.
I haven't gotten that far yet so I'm not sure how those work. Is that just based on how much money you have? I have unlocked Aimee's shop so far (in my previous game, not this one) but I don't know what the trigger is for that.

I think the arena alone should be enough to counteract all the merc salaries. So whatever other combat you do is just pure profit. I can beat the mid tier arena opponents on day 8. The high tier ones will probably be out of reach for awhile though.

The aim implant is a big boost for the main character since that basically gives him perfect aim and I should be able to afford that before the end of week 2. I think this time I will wait a little longer on the classes and get my house upgraded first, using the time I would have spent in class to go earn money through combat.

Will be interested to see if he adds a wider variety of implants later. That would open up a lot of different starting options that you could shore up weaknesses eventually with implants.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I haven't gotten that far yet so I'm not sure how those work. Is that just based on how much money you have? I have unlocked Aimee's shop so far (in my previous game, not this one) but I don't know what the trigger is for that.

I think the arena alone should be enough to counteract all the merc salaries. So whatever other combat you do is just pure profit. I can beat the mid tier arena opponents on day 8. The high tier ones will probably be out of reach for awhile though.

The aim implant is a big boost for the main character since that basically gives him perfect aim and I should be able to afford that before the end of week 2. I think this time I will wait a little longer on the classes and get my house upgraded first, using the time I would have spent in class to go earn money through combat.

Will be interested to see if he adds a wider variety of implants later. That would open up a lot of different starting options that you could shore up weaknesses eventually with implants.
You need Influence too, 10k or so for the Walton investment I think, Roo's might come sooner, I don't recall.

Aimee's shop opens up around day 40.

There's only 9 mid tier Arena specials, and only 9 of the lucrative top-tier ones. After those are gone you gotta make due on 6-700 money opponents, and while you'll still make a profit, the more that profit is the quicker you'll get the 75k up for Roo and the 200k for Walton.

I dunno about the implant, I don't have much trouble critting and training myself up to that level so I forgo it. I also don't like the idea of my poor eyeball being scooped out and some metal monstrosity put in its place. I loved the 'Six Million Dollar Man' when I was a kid, when I grew up I preferred the idea of having all my body parts intact!

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes