Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I imagine it must take high skill levels and/or stamina to do all of that in 1 session. I'm finding that initially, normal happiness and normal affection is about the earliest that I can somewhat reliably seduce a girl since that's the first point where anything other than sweet talk works at low skill levels. Kissing seems to be really easy to increase so that might be a good option to do early on with some of your first girls to make the others easier. Then you'd have both sweet talk and kissing as a good option for those tough to crack girls for your initial seduction attempts. It's that first one that's hard. After that it's easy.

Aggressive petting seems to be refused by girls with high willpower. Was just playing around with my first seduction attempt on Rebecca and she's not having any of that. She's at very high respect, normal happiness, and normal affection and at that level I could get sweet talk, caress, kiss, stripping, and pussy licking to work but she won't suck dick or fuck yet. I don't bother with the massage options since I've never seen them raise a skill so far.

Aggressive petting seems like a good way to get results similar to a bondage session during a seduction session with that option increasing her pain and also giving you a chance at a bondage skill increase.

Have you figured out how to get a flagellation skill increase? I get successful skill checks for it even at 20 skill but have yet to see a skill increase other than from the bondage class or the bondage books.

Starting with the True Love perk with it's huge 30 point charm increase makes early seduction attempts MUCH easier and I think I prefer that to Master of the Whip/Master of the Ropes now. I also like Arouser since that seems to give reliable arousal for everything whether whipping/bondage/sex/etc. Without Arouser, the first time I have sex with a girl she usually begs me to stop. With arouser I can finish the full sex scene without having to stop the first time.
I have had high willpower girls object to aggressive petting occasionally, but not very often. My girls all have high willpower the way I play now, but they also have high respect, will invariably be at Ecstatic/Undying after the very beginning and when I do that Aggressive Petting they'll likely have double-digit arousal. Something about that combination leads to very little balking when you start fondling your fuckmeat.

Note that the easy increases on Respect stop at 20, but you can still get it higher and there's more bonuses to be had.

The best way I've found to increase Flagellation is to whip Kasey's ass at Dockgraves. I've gotten at least 25 points that way so far, and the update hasn't been out that long. However I've found I really like whipping that naughty little slut so I've pretty much made it a part of my new routine.

Thanks for the info on 'Arouser.' I've considered that as it offers a bonus not otherwise available, but have only dabbled with it. I'm thinking about restarting again soon and taking that and the teen defiler one as I now know how to train up all the other skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: khumak

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I haven't gotten this far yet to verify, but according to the wiki Mai-Lynn Oshiro starts with 75 gardening when you first get her. Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait and grab her for gardening? You could still put some other slave on gardening temporarily, but Mai-Lynn Oshiro also gets special abilities specific to gardening:

Assigning Mai-Lynn to your fully upgraded Garden will now provide you with an additional 2 rations per day. She'll also use gardening tools more efficiently.
I was unaware of Mai-Lynn's extra bonus. As she doesn't have much in the way of pictures yet I've never really bothered with her. I may consider her in the future, but up until now I still need a gardener in the beginning and it's become habit for me to put Juno there. My Juno in my Rise from the Ashes run has gotten up to 119 Gardening (Almost there!) so I'm not likely to switch now.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have had high willpower girls object to aggressive petting occasionally, but not very often. My girls all have high willpower the way I play now, but they also have high respect, will invariably be at Ecstatic/Undying after the very beginning and when I do that Aggressive Petting they'll likely have double-digit arousal. Something about that combination leads to very little balking when you start fondling your fuckmeat.

Note that the easy increases on Respect stop at 20, but you can still get it higher and there's more bonuses to be had.

The best way I've found to increase Flagellation is to whip Kasey's ass at Dockgraves. I've gotten at least 25 points that way so far, and the update hasn't been out that long. However I've found I really like whipping that naughty little slut so I've pretty much made it a part of my new routine.

Thanks for the info on 'Arouser.' I've considered that as it offers a bonus not otherwise available, but have only dabbled with it. I'm thinking about restarting again soon and taking that and the teen defiler one as I now know how to train up all the other skills.
Finally some way to increase Flagellation. Great info. I will definitely give that a try. Haven't tried much in Dockgraves yet other than to be completely clueless about the poker game.

I have had zero luck increasing it on any of my slaves. That's the only skill I haven't been able to get an increase on so far.

Is there somewhere you can see a numeric value for respect? The highest I've seen is very high and they stop giving me messages about gaining respect during fights after that point unless that's where a respect increase is no longer a 100% chance. I hadn't thought about that.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Finally some way to increase Flagellation. Great info. I will definitely give that a try. Haven't tried much in Dockgraves yet other than to be completely clueless about the poker game.

I have had zero luck increasing it on any of my slaves. That's the only skill I haven't been able to get an increase on so far.

Is there somewhere you can see a numeric value for respect? The highest I've seen is very high and they stop giving me messages about gaining respect during fights after that point unless that's where a respect increase is no longer a 100% chance. I hadn't thought about that.
For Poker, always raise, if your hand rates ~500 or higher just try to improve it every round, if it's lower then try a wild chance until you get it up there. You'll win often and make a big profit....until you discover 'Kasey' in the basement who will cost you your winnings. You can have her more than once a night with the implant and high stamina.

Numeric respect is shown when you select a girl like to talk to, provided you've set it to show a numeric value. It's on the lower right, above anger. After 20 you've something like a 5% chance to get another point after each fight, and I recall someone saying that up until at least 30 you still get bonuses.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For Poker, always raise, if your hand rates ~500 or higher just try to improve it every round, if it's lower then try a wild chance until you get it up there. You'll win often and make a big profit....until you discover 'Kasey' in the basement who will cost you your winnings. You can have her more than once a night with the implant and high stamina.

Numeric respect is shown when you select a girl like to talk to, provided you've set it to show a numeric value. It's on the lower right, above anger. After 20 you've something like a 5% chance to get another point after each fight, and I recall someone saying that up until at least 30 you still get bonuses.
Ok I see what you mean about poker. That's a serious money maker.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
If you build a new character and then decide it's not what you wanted and scrap it, the next character you build starts off with zero cash.

Also, I've just been fishing (first time since update) and caught 8 units of fish ... and found my inventory unchanged at three food afterwards. I did try the crafting menu in case the fish needed to be processed like meat from hunting, but there was nothing there either.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
If you build a new character and then decide it's not what you wanted and scrap it, the next character you build starts off with zero cash.

Also, I've just been fishing (first time since update) and caught 8 units of fish ... and found my inventory unchanged at three food afterwards. I did try the crafting menu in case the fish needed to be processed like meat from hunting, but there was nothing there either.
Your not using the wealthy beginning are you?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Do you have to fill up the poker fame bar to see Kasey? Just curious. Looks like it's going to take a lot of games to do that, although early on it's certainly a great way to make money. I have gained both willpower and intelligence from carousing. Not sure if that happens each time but would be nice. If so then that would make a low intelligence build much more viable. It just means you'd have to wait longer before you could get full use out of the books and classes since it might be quite awhile to randomly boost your intelligence up to 60ish level before you start taking classes/reading books.

I see what you mean about respect. It's easy to get it to 20 and then it seems like it kind of stalls there for a long time so that seems like a good target to get all the girls to first before you focus on trying to get anyone beyond that. I tried taking more than 1 slave girl with me at a time to boost respect but pretty much any fight that isn't trivial is a pain if I do that so I think I'll stick with cycling each girl in 1 at a time til they all hit 20. Most slaves aren't really spec'd for combat initially with Rebecca being a bit of an exception.

One other thing I'm still trying to get a feel for is whether I need some kind of minimum level of melee skill and/or strength for each melee weapon to actually be effective or not. I get warnings for some of the slave girls about negative impacts for equipping certain weapons (both ranged and melee) when they have low skill and/or strength. So that might explain why I it seems like my hit rate is better with a dagger than it is with a sledgehammer for instance, even if it does a lot less damage when it does hit.

I still like picking the melee master starting perk to meet the minimum melee requirement for arena when I unlock that, and that has the nice benefit of making melee a somewhat viable option for my main character to work on skills early on. His ranged is 30 so he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a gun until I get the aim implant. So I figure I might as well gain some melee skill until then, especially since I want to work up Rebecca's stamina and melee prior to unlocking the arena anyway.

I played around a bit more with Rebecca both trained and untrained in the Arena, and she's a lot more effective in the arena if you boost her stamina, melee, respect, happiness, and affection before you park her in the arena. With that stuff boosted you can talk to her and encourage her before each fight to increase her chance of skill gains each fight and it's nice if she's already fuckable before you even unlock the arena. One thing I'm not sure of is whether it might be worth boosting melee or strength a bit after I get her stamina up around 75-80.

Her Steel Maiden perk caps out when you hit 75 stamina on her so I'm thinking that might be a good initial stopping point for stamina and then work on strength until I unlock arena since that seems harder to get random increases than melee. The only random strength increase I have ever seen so far is from using the sledgehammer to break into the tunnels in the docks area. Maybe it's more common in melee combat if I get to where my skills are high enough to reliably hit stuff with a sledgehammer, not sure.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017

Passed these on to Grim, thanks for the report!

Asswecant1231

Sep 24, 2020
How did you start michelle's quest to get adrianne? I maxed her basement and then add her to the household but there's nothing more I can do now.

Asswecant1231

Sep 24, 2020
Update Bal & Less Grind mod to 811 (WIP)

Current:
Bal_&_LESS_GRIND_Mod info (public notes)
=========================
-Inc stamina gains mult places (get MAX upgrades Bedroom & bath!)
-inc Training odds (PUSH IT)
-slight inc Charm purchase & max purchase limit
-no more "unwanted decadence" (OMG game's grindy enough!) [IRL everybody could each train some everyday,instead of MAX 2x per HOUSE]
-easier to corrupt during BDSM
-Decreased TIME for many events (hint hint dev! Clicking "back" button shouldn't take 6 min!) If text says "less than 3 min" (etc) TIME SHOULD MATCH TEXT!
-inc Bloodthirsty (happy) Trait limit (no limit is mentioned in Wiki, nor does one make sense; Either it does or it doesn't. )
-dec kids to no pay (they're already getting FREE room & board!) many relatives don't even get an allowance; [should be able to set to 0, inc later, just like for slaves]
-fixed steel sell $
-inc failure boost (there R MANY strict teachers out there, Reality is, students must pass the class whether the love the teacher, or hate them. )
-updated Knife, crossbow, & sword & materials: wood & steel prices improve to crafting economy. [previously *NOT* profitable DEV!]

Mercs: (WIP)
-reset to previous 810 stats
-include previous weapon
Is your mod compatible with the newest version?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
How did you start michelle's quest to get adrianne? I maxed her basement and then add her to the household but there's nothing more I can do now.
She needs to actually be a follower for combat to progress in her quest I believe. I've only done part of that quest but the journal entry specifies that for her quest.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
The wiki only give basic info on Michelle and there's not a wiki page on adrienne
Its the lost girl quest and if you followed Michelle talking points about her Background and then choose the "Worth checking out?" part you start her quest and you just follow the prompts, that's how I did it.
I think you must keep Michelle in your party for the complete quest.

Asswecant1231

Sep 24, 2020
Its the lost girl quest and if you followed Michelle talking points about her Background and then choose the "Worth checking out?" part you start her quest and you just follow the prompts, that's how I did it.
I think you must keep Michelle in your party for the complete quest.
OK, thank you so much for the answer

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I was unaware of Mai-Lynn's extra bonus. As she doesn't have much in the way of pictures yet I've never really bothered with her. I may consider her in the future, but up until now I still need a gardener in the beginning and it's become habit for me to put Juno there. My Juno in my Rise from the Ashes run has gotten up to 119 Gardening (Almost there!) so I'm not likely to switch now.
I just picked up Mai-Lynn and she's producing 24 food per day from the garden with her base stats plus garden tools on day 25. She does cost a bit to hire ($12,000) but if you want some serious food production she's the way to go I think. She's also better at medical than Juno, Michelle, or any of the tier 1 slaves in Kymanto Hall so she immediately became my best healer as well.

Mai-Lynn does come with a bit of a downside though. Her sex scenes all appear to be WIP so basically there aren't any. You can still fuck her and train her but you just get a placeholder WIP image for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Do you have to fill up the poker fame bar to see Kasey? Just curious. Looks like it's going to take a lot of games to do that, although early on it's certainly a great way to make money. I have gained both willpower and intelligence from carousing. Not sure if that happens each time but would be nice. If so then that would make a low intelligence build much more viable. It just means you'd have to wait longer before you could get full use out of the books and classes since it might be quite awhile to randomly boost your intelligence up to 60ish level before you start taking classes/reading books.

I see what you mean about respect. It's easy to get it to 20 and then it seems like it kind of stalls there for a long time so that seems like a good target to get all the girls to first before you focus on trying to get anyone beyond that. I tried taking more than 1 slave girl with me at a time to boost respect but pretty much any fight that isn't trivial is a pain if I do that so I think I'll stick with cycling each girl in 1 at a time til they all hit 20. Most slaves aren't really spec'd for combat initially with Rebecca being a bit of an exception.

One other thing I'm still trying to get a feel for is whether I need some kind of minimum level of melee skill and/or strength for each melee weapon to actually be effective or not. I get warnings for some of the slave girls about negative impacts for equipping certain weapons (both ranged and melee) when they have low skill and/or strength. So that might explain why I it seems like my hit rate is better with a dagger than it is with a sledgehammer for instance, even if it does a lot less damage when it does hit.

I still like picking the melee master starting perk to meet the minimum melee requirement for arena when I unlock that, and that has the nice benefit of making melee a somewhat viable option for my main character to work on skills early on. His ranged is 30 so he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a gun until I get the aim implant. So I figure I might as well gain some melee skill until then, especially since I want to work up Rebecca's stamina and melee prior to unlocking the arena anyway.

I played around a bit more with Rebecca both trained and untrained in the Arena, and she's a lot more effective in the arena if you boost her stamina, melee, respect, happiness, and affection before you park her in the arena. With that stuff boosted you can talk to her and encourage her before each fight to increase her chance of skill gains each fight and it's nice if she's already fuckable before you even unlock the arena. One thing I'm not sure of is whether it might be worth boosting melee or strength a bit after I get her stamina up around 75-80.

Her Steel Maiden perk caps out when you hit 75 stamina on her so I'm thinking that might be a good initial stopping point for stamina and then work on strength until I unlock arena since that seems harder to get random increases than melee. The only random strength increase I have ever seen so far is from using the sledgehammer to break into the tunnels in the docks area. Maybe it's more common in melee combat if I get to where my skills are high enough to reliably hit stuff with a sledgehammer, not sure.
You can access Kasey just by going into the Annex. She's the most expensive at ~1700 which happens to be what you get for a big poker win so I tend to make sure I'm still making money on the day by getting some poker winnings first.

I've picked up about three or four points of INT from Carousing so far, along with at least two points of WP and a few more Science points. I've also gotten 50 whole points of influence which you don't notice much when you get past 100k Influence like I have.

I use the Swampmen up north to build respect. They're so easy to beat you can take four untrained girls and as long as they have combat armor and a rifle (regardless of how low their Ranged is always use a rifle to start with) you can beat those swampers with ease and get lots of easy respect and some Ranged Combat from crits. There's lots of targets you can take out with two barely trained girls and two decent mercs too, provided you make sure everyone has at least combat armor.

I'm not sure if there's any maluses or bonuses of that sort for melee combat. I get myself some combat armor and a rifle and I crit myself up to over 100 Ranged Combat pretty damn quick even if I start with 30 Ranged Combat. I'll train at Walton's (usually with Rebecca) after I train my stamina up to ~80-100, to get Ranged Combat up to 80 or so, but usually that doesn't take that long as I'll get 20-30 from crits along the way. Only later do I start using Melee combat regularly, mostly to save money, and I find that goes up so fast I don't find it necessary to start with much of it except for roleplay purposes. My current character now has 310 melee combat.

I haven't used Rebecca in the Arena much as it used to screw up her business bonus. That might have changed, but I can't recall for sure. This past run I used the Tier 2 slave as a fatherly combat slave and sent her to the arena, now I have Aria there. I don't like losing access to them for so long thus I sometimes don't have anyone there after I get the Walton investment.

I don't think you get stat bonuses for melee combat outside Melee Combat itself. I seem to recall some slavegirls getting some STR bonuses from winning Arena fights, but can't remember getting any recently so that might have changed--or I might have stopped looking as much.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes