GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Here's a fix for the red errors showing up at the Dockgrave Tavern poker game. Just copy this html over to your current Masters of Raana folder and replace file when prompted.

Reactions: WakamoSato

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
That's from a recent review, and I'd like to add my experience. I did the same thing with my Juno and 693 days in she's at 107 Gardening.

I'm of two minds on this subject. First is to agree with the spirit of the reviewer, that's just too fucking long to have to wait, and a massive investment when you consider that after 80 it takes about half of Juno's day.

The other is that someday there might be on the order of 25 or so slaves and perhaps nearly as many NPCs/Mercs. There might well be new elements of the game like politics and possibly vying for control of Ikaanos somehow. It may well be that to do the entire thing will take a thousand or two days.

Still, it looks like it's going to take more than a thousand days for her to get there in the above run. That's probably too long.
I haven't gotten this far yet to verify, but according to the wiki Mai-Lynn Oshiro starts with 75 gardening when you first get her. Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait and grab her for gardening? You could still put some other slave on gardening temporarily, but Mai-Lynn Oshiro also gets special abilities specific to gardening:

Assigning Mai-Lynn to your fully upgraded Garden will now provide you with an additional 2 rations per day. She'll also use gardening tools more efficiently.

Gluttonous

Feb 18, 2018
Will the player be allowed to turn female enemies I defeat in battle into slaves once the random slaves are completed?

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Will the player be allowed to turn female enemies I defeat in battle into slaves once the random slaves are completed?
Your answer:
This is something that is planned. After the random slave engine is implemented, Grim plans to add capturing in the combat revamp in 0.8.3, which will allow for you to take female combatants as slaves.
Read and Search before asking questions that have already been asked and answered. The search field isn't there for decoration.

Gluttonous

Feb 18, 2018
Your answer:

Read and Search before asking questions that have already been asked and answered. The search field isn't there for decoration.
Thank you, that's very helpful, also I've been looking through a few pages and I don't seem to see anyone mentioning this issue, namely the "jobs&titles" option in the slave management UI blocking the last button in the "ASSIGNMENTS" selection, which makes it impossible to switch jobs or cancel followers for slaves during play. 122133211.jpg

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Thank you, that's very helpful, also I've been looking through a few pages and I don't seem to see anyone mentioning this issue, namely the "jobs&titles" option in the slave management UI blocking the last button in the "ASSIGNMENTS" selection, which makes it impossible to switch jobs or cancel followers for slaves during play. View attachment 2494796
What version? I am playing [v0.8.1.4] and have yet to experience that. If it's a previous version, switching to the newest version may fix it, otherwise I don't know what to tell you.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Thank you, that's very helpful, also I've been looking through a few pages and I don't seem to see anyone mentioning this issue, namely the "jobs&titles" option in the slave management UI blocking the last button in the "ASSIGNMENTS" selection, which makes it impossible to switch jobs or cancel followers for slaves during play.
Are you on mobile? If not, what resolution is your monitor? The game doesn't like to play well with small screens or resolutions smaller than 1920x1080. Grim wants to sit down and properly refactor the css scaling at some point but that'll most likely happen much closer to the final release.

Gluttonous

Feb 18, 2018
Are you on mobile? If not, what resolution is your monitor? The game doesn't like to play well with small screens or resolutions smaller than 1920x1080. Grim wants to sit down and properly refactor the css scaling at some point but that'll most likely happen much closer to the final release.
win10 1920x1080 I tried to fix this by windowing chrome, but this UI is like fixed and does not change at all with the stretching of windowed chrome.
49146546446.jpg
30322.jpg

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
win10 1920x1080 I tried to fix this by windowing chrome, but this UI is like fixed and does not change at all with the stretching of windowed chrome.
That's very odd. I'll pass it along to Grim, see if he can figure anything out.
Edit: Have you tried zooming out to 80 or 90% zoom? That can sometimes fix the scaling.

Reactions: Gluttonous

caju

Oct 5, 2017
That's very odd. I'll pass it along to Grim, see if he can figure anything out.
Edit: Have you tried zooming out to 80 or 90% zoom? That can sometimes fix the scaling.
Other people have had the issue in the past and it was fixed for a couple versions

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
FWIW
I run it at 1920x1080, but I've got Windows set to scale-up cause I'm old and blind. In Firefox that ends up not fitting in fullscreen, so I have to zoom to 90%. Doesn't scale perfect but it lets me see everything. By doing all that, I end up with some misplaced text. Not enough to block anything. Just visual bugs.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
View attachment 2494826
View attachment 2494827
Every thing in your screen is off and does not look like 1920x1080.
This is how mine looks in 1920x1080. off screen.jpg As you can see the pic is almost the full screen and yours has to much space on both sides.
I have a 22 inch wide screen and that is how mine looks.

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
So, I've tried this game a few times before, but always hit a bit of a wall after a certain point. Can anyone give me some advice about how to make progress in breaking out of the cycle of "win a bunch of the easy fights, make a few home improvements, get Juno and then fail endless rolls?" I really enjoy this game, but I'm clearly not following a good strategy here. That, or I'm missing something.
When you have unlimited money, game becomes much easier.

So, my strategy is to not put on fixed costs, like hiring mercs. And go hunting. And fill up with more and more food. And then. Sooner or later. There is starvation and food prices go up to 12 moneys. Instead of 1 or 2. And I sell my 7500 rations. X 12. Coming to, like, lots. After that game is a lot easier.

Of course, this requires some time to pass in game. But it is quick time, since I do not have any slaves to worry about (well, maybe one or so). And I have no fixed costs breathing down my neck. And I turn time progression off in options, so teenage slave girls remain teenage slave girls. And I can read books and improve my stats at my leisure. While building up food stores and waiting for the famine. I might also do some fishing and such while waiting for the game to come back after being depleted. And upgrade the garden, which is cheap way to get fixed income.

Also, when you hunt, you get skins. That you prepare with crafting and then sell to armourer. So you have a steady income. While waiting for the mother load, when there is famine.

So, not a fast strategy in game time. But a fast strategy in effort, to get to a solid startiing position with 80k or so in moneys.

Reactions: hewhocumsbynight

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Every thing in your screen is off and does not look like 1920x1080.
This is how mine looks in 1920x1080. View attachment 2494982 As you can see the pic is almost the full screen and yours has to much space on both sides.
I have a 22 inch wide screen and that is how mine looks.
*Mine* actually works great. I just saw the complaint and remembered.
I have no problems even with 1280x1024 res.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think I found a bug in the Daria's Science and Mathematics class at the academy. One of the things it rewards you with is Darias Gift which requires 70 intelligence or higher. If I have more than 70 intelligence when I start the class it works fine but if I take the class when I have exactly 70 intelligence, Darias Gift is greyed out even though I have more than 70 intelligence by the time the class is completed. In my case, for this game I finished a book that raised my intelligence to 71 before I finished the class, but I started it when it was at 70.

darias_gift.jpg stats.jpg

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes