GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I am really enjoying this game GrimDark!
Definitely appreciate the variety of sex options and slave reactions during sex. That level of detail makes boinking the slaves rewarding and interesting.
A few thoughts for improvement:
  • It's often hard to tell what my MC's chances of success will be with different actions (charm/intimidate/encourage/training/etc). It would be helpful to have rough probabilities for different stat-based choices. Maybe:
    Success Chance: Almost Certain; Favorable; Coin Toss; Unlikely; Almost Impossible
  • While there are clearly labeled Training options for improving most stats of a slave, I don't see how to raise a slave's Discipline. Some in-game guidance on making my slaves less Lazy would be helpful. Maybe tooltips on the slave Inspect page for how to modify each stat?
  • MC armor sometimes vanishes or becomes unequipped. Haven't isolated exact steps to reproduce, but I noticed it a few times after finishing fights and after loading saves from a file.
Thanks for your awesome work!
Cheers mate.
Thanks! :)

That's an interesting idea - ascertaining your chances before hand. I'll place that on my list.

We're working on a wiki that'll be up and running soon. It will have several guides on how to control your slave's attributes. Regarding Discipline, though; apply them at stables (1.2% daily chance of increase), or make them take the acrobatics program (6-8% daily chance). Best passive ways right now.

I'd be interested in hearing more about that armor bug. It's a known API limitation that equipping an armor and then saving directly after this causes the armor the be unequipped unless you move to another location before saving (like interacting with your slave or entering a building or looking at your economy). It's caused by the overlaying character sheet. I'll eventually redo the sheet to fix that, but good to know in the mean time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: nononomaybe

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
What is the indication that your armor is damaged ? I find myself stopping at the armor shop and attempting to have them fix my armor even when it isn't broken.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
What is the indication that your armor is damaged ? I find myself stopping at the armor shop and attempting to have them fix my armor even when it isn't broken.
Decreased soak. I'll add a displayef max stat later to make that more obvious.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
i posted a review of something i enjoyed in the past; idol manager. Its not really my job to be the best critic and i dont care about being one. Any criticisim really in my view is good for the game cause it lets the dev see different opinions and issues people have with the product. If hes smart hes going to acknowledge my issues with the game and set aside personal pride.

also, of course hes a single dev working on it. So what? if this game blows up, he's going to have thousands of supporters on patreon. Theres a good reason and even better reward for this work hes doing, no need for pity.

when it comes to the game itself.. i wouldnt really bother commenting at all or criticising something that doesnt personally strike me, and this game does because it has quite some potential to be great in the future if he changes and implements things, would not be nice to see it fail
I'm confused. You CAN tie up your slaves, you know. To keep them from running away.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
It's an antique Colt Peacemaker, brought to Raana from Earth. That revolver uses .45 ammo.
.45 Long Colt, not to be confused with .45 ACP

I have an antique British Webley Mark I revolver (Navy). As manufactured, it takes .455 webley (wich became rather rare and expensive), but it was modified in the 1950's to take American .45 ACP using moon clips (but you need to use low power loads or you might blow the gun up). So in my head canon (pun intended), that's what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: GD-studios
Apr 9, 2019
well tyvm for your recommendation. The thing is though this game isnt close to real life as you mentioned, cause in this game the mc is a complete handicap that cant even properly contain his slaves in thousands different possible ways he could and lets them roam around the house until they run away.
You do realize your entire "criticism" is nonexistent, right? You can tie your slaves up, you can do whatever you want with them. By the way, the fact you can't just instantly break someone is "realistic", you dunce. Maybe try utilizing that thing exclusive to your species, language, and ask for advice? Go buy a rope.

herman123

Aug 28, 2018
Great game, couple of questions;

I finally beat those cyker guys in the docks, spoke to my contact and got the promotion. I thought he said to meet again in a couple of days but its been two weeks and nothing. No journal entry. Only thing to do at kymanto is check status, buy slaves button is greyed out. Bugged or did I miss something?

Is that cipher text in my library something I need to figure out or is that done in-game?

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Wow... Game is really good, thinking of subscribing to your patron. The game could use a few more sex scenes, they are a bit barebone at the moment.

Reactions: GD-studios

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Great game, couple of questions;

I finally beat those cyker guys in the docks, spoke to my contact and got the promotion. I thought he said to meet again in a couple of days but its been two weeks and nothing. No journal entry. Only thing to do at kymanto is check status, buy slaves button is greyed out. Bugged or did I miss something?

Is that cipher text in my library something I need to figure out or is that done in-game?
Thanks!

Kymanto Chapter 3 is still WIP. This game is only 15% done so some quests end like that.

That cipher will come in handy once another (undisclosed) district opens in a couple of updates!

Edit: Buy slaves button is probably greyed out because you have slaves assigned to your party. Go home and release them from your combat group (click the red icon next to their names).

Last edited:
Reactions: herman123

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Wow... Game is really good, thinking of subscribing to your patron. The game could use a few more sex scenes, they are a bit barebone at the moment.
Thank you!

Yeah, my GPU is running almost 24/7 rendering new scenes. I'll add about 20-ish pics in every update, so it'll eventually fill up nicely. 0.7.8 will see more of Lovisa, more Piper, and the first BDSM scenes (Lovisa/Amelia).

I've just opened a account. Support will speed up progress and enable me to buy morphs and nice textures for future scenes and slaves. :)

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Thank you!

Yeah, my GPU is running almost 24/7 rendering new scenes. I'll add about 20-ish pics in every update, so it'll eventually fill up nicely. 0.7.8 will see more of Lovisa, more Piper, and the first BDSM scenes (Lovisa/Amelia).

I've just opened a account. Support will speed up progress and enable me to buy morphs and nice textures for future scenes and slaves. :)

I just did. I have a recommendation. Since there is a diverse number of girls you can acquire, my suggestion is to focus on the scenes you can render for the initial girls you can acquire, the ones who don't take too much of content to unlock, since they will be the first options available for anyone trying the game.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I just did. I have a recommendation. Since there is a diverse number of girls you can acquire, my suggestion is to focus on the scenes you can render for the initial girls you can acquire, the ones who don't take too much of content to unlock, since they will be the first options available for anyone trying the game.
Thanks!

I agree. I'll flesh out the three low level Kymanto slaves, and Juno. Except for a couple of tier requests that I'm going to finish first.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes