OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
You know bitches, they never have enough room in their purse.
K I'll accept that lol. I only brought this up because 8.1.5 adds three new mercs 2 Guys Dexter and Felix and both have ammo packs and it also adds 1 female Aiko and she DOESN'T have an ammo pack. I think that brings the total number of Mercs with ammo packs up to 5 or 6 and ALL ARE MALE.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Why is it that only MALE mercenaries have ammo packs and NONE of the FEMALE mercenaries do?
It seems to me that on Raana the higher echelon of the military (and society at large) is a firm believer of male supremacy in general and the women are either rebels or freelancing mercenaries (the toughest warrior you can get is actually a rebel leader). The professional veterans are exclusively guys because this is a deeply patriarchal society. This seem to be at least true in case of Ikaanos and i don't see why would this be too much different in big brother city.

Don't expect hardcore veteran terminator type chicks because there would be none lore wise, at least that is the way i see it. Maybe there can be some military leader woman but she wouldn't be a freelancer to hire.

So i'd say it is because of the lore. The toughest terminator chikas you can get are officially criminals and stripped of rights, you buy them. Enya is a free one but lets face it, Enya isn't that good and to bring in some lore.. Enya is camping in the safest, prettiest district where nothing would test her mettle.

There is even a very nifty and very telling scenario in the game which i only recently discovered as i usually skip lot of text. When a young barely adult girl plays tough in face of thugs. We save her of course but if you have Bud in your party he will comment. "I will give her 2 years and she'll be either a slave or dead". Which tells a hellova lot what career options awaits independent minded feisty women on Raana.

Very hard to gain professional training while Bud with his ammo pack trait gew up in a weapon shop in an armsdealer family so there is that.

Reactions: tsap and GD-studios

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
It seems to me that on Raana the higher echelon of the military (and society at large) is a firm believer of male supremacy in general and the women are either rebels or freelancing mercenaries (the toughest warrior you can get is actually a rebel leader). The professional veterans are exclusively guys because this is a deeply patriarchal society. This seem to be at least true in case of Ikaanos and i don't see why would this be too much different in big brother city.

Don't expect hardcore veteran terminator type chicks because there would be none lore wise, at least that is the way i see it. Maybe there can be some military leader woman but she wouldn't be a freelancer to hire. ...
Maybe we'll see some tough veteran chicks in MoR 2 (or even BoR, Bitches of Raana) some later time.

Another topic: Once, a very long time ago, I played a game that let my young MC slowly during the years turn into an old fat greedy geezer with his looks as well as his ways. NOT trying to push GD-studios to this direction in any way, but some deranged players like me might still be impressed by something like that as an option.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Maybe we'll see some tough veteran chicks in MoR 2 (or even BoR, Bitches of Raana) some later time.

Another topic: Once, a very long time ago, I played a game that let my young MC slowly during the years turn into an old fat greedy geezer with his looks as well as his ways. NOT trying to push GD-studios to this direction in any way, but some deranged players like me might still be impressed by something like that as an option.
:ROFLMAO:

Maybe if I get a 2,000+ additional render Tier request regarding that specific kink.

Or a nice feature for BoRE (Bitches of Raana - Enchanced)?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
pepe-frog.gif

Would be nice but i have a feeling you aren't exactly at the point when you could just render every scene with different variants of the mc and could just add in an UglyBastard version for the heck of it! :sneaky:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
:ROFLMAO:

Maybe if I get a 2,000+ additional render Tier request regarding that specific kink.

I wasn't thinking that quite THAT much enhancing would be needed. I am easily impressed. :giggle:

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021

What's the name of the game?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
K I'll accept that lol. I only brought this up because 8.1.5 adds three new mercs 2 Guys Dexter and Felix and both have ammo packs and it also adds 1 female Aiko and she DOESN'T have an ammo pack. I think that brings the total number of Mercs with ammo packs up to 5 or 6 and ALL ARE MALE.
The real reason might be that outside Bud, that ammo pack is expensive. Their prices went up noticeably when the ammo pack concept was introduced. As it stands you can hire all four female mercs and maintain them for a fraction of what one of the 'big boys' cost. Therefore if you want to have all the hot chicks with guns you can have them on your team with little problem even if you don't actually need them but just want to....look at their pictures....sometimes.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Why not just make the ammo pack a purchasable item for mercs?
Seems like that could solve all the issues.

Reactions: OmegaZero21

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Why not just make the ammo pack a purchasable item for mercs?
Seems like that could solve all the issues.
In a sense you can, just pay for the ammo.

In some cases that's going to be cheaper than paying for the ammo pack. There's precious few combats where you actually need a merc firing a coilgun or plasma weapon, a rifle in the hands of an auto-hit mercenary is enough. Basically two combats every three or so days and even then only one shot with the big gun needed. Hardly any of the bounties require it and none of the recurring Arena opponents.

An ammo pack can be just as much a curse as a blessing. The Space Marine used to be the best buy on the board at 100 coin per day, now he's up to around 230. Most of the time you don't need him firing 390 worth of ammo every three days.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think he's actually got a decent balance already with the ammo packs. The guys with ammo packs all have drawbacks. Bud's got crappy aim at first, only 75 health, and is an attention whore, but he's cheap. Dexter has more health and better aim, doesn't come with the attention whore drawback, but you can't give him a better weapon. The other guys are all badass but they're all expensive.

Once you really get your economy rolling you can support paying $1000 or more per day in salaries but in the beginning that's a bit of a drain on your finances and you don't really need that much firepower yet. I do still like to pick up Ayden early on despite his high salary. He packs so much power that you're fine just taking low tier mercs for the rest of your team for quite awhile and can still take down the toughest bounties.

The worst I've seen so far is a tier 5 bounty with 2 guys in duraplate, 1 with a plasma gun, 1 with an assault rifle, and 2 more guys in combat armor, 1 with an assault rifle and I think one has a pistol. That group is tough to take down with only rifles. You're pretty much guaranteed to lose some people even if they all have duraplate if you only have rifles.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I think he's actually got a decent balance already with the ammo packs. The guys with ammo packs all have drawbacks. Bud's got crappy aim at first, only 75 health, and is an attention whore, but he's cheap. Dexter has more health and better aim, doesn't come with the attention whore drawback, but you can't give him a better weapon. The other guys are all badass but they're all expensive.

Once you really get your economy rolling you can support paying $1000 or more per day in salaries but in the beginning that's a bit of a drain on your finances and you don't really need that much firepower yet. I do still like to pick up Ayden early on despite his high salary. He packs so much power that you're fine just taking low tier mercs for the rest of your team for quite awhile and can still take down the toughest bounties.

The worst I've seen so far is a tier 5 bounty with 2 guys in duraplate, 1 with a plasma gun, 1 with an assault rifle, and 2 more guys in combat armor, 1 with an assault rifle and I think one has a pistol. That group is tough to take down with only rifles. You're pretty much guaranteed to lose some people even if they all have duraplate if you only have rifles.
Yeah, rifles don't do much against duraplate. Those are the guys where you need multiple plasma/coilguns firing first round. There aren't many targets that wear it however.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
How do you corrupt a Merc? With so many available mercs I plan on turning some of the men into whores.
Floorcrawlers, though I'd recommend rotating two or three in that position as they can accumulate a lot of wear if you just have one doing it every day.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, rifles don't do much against duraplate. Those are the guys where you need multiple plasma/coilguns firing first round. There aren't many targets that wear it however.
Yeah that nasty bounty I mentioned is fine if I have Ayden with me plus an aim implant on my main and either a coil or plasma gun on my main. The rest can be low tiers with rifles and I can still take out that plasma guy in at most 2 rounds. Sometimes the first round if everyone hits. Gotta have at least 2 people with coil and/or plasma with high enough aim that they're mostly guaranteed to hit. I've tried assault rifles but they just don't seem effective to me. They do seem like they do more damage in the hands of the enemy, but not on my own guys. From what I've noticed, if someone has high enough aim to consider an assault rifle, you're better off just going with coil or plasma instead.

Ayden starts off with aim almost high enough for that. He misses on rare occasions, but it's almost a guarantee that he's going to hit even when you first get him. I don't think I've ever seen a miss with the aim implant even at 30 aim but you might need a little more for an absolute guarantee. Or maybe the game has the concept of a critical miss where you are guaranteed to miss if you roll low enough, not sure.

Bud is useless with anything other than a rifle for quite awhile, but eventually he'll get that aim up and get a plasma. Doyle is nasty with a rifle and starts off close to being high enough to give him a plasma or coil gun for a really tough fight if you need to but I wouldn't want to pay for the ammo in every fight.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Floorcrawlers, though I'd recommend rotating two or three in that position as they can accumulate a lot of wear if you just have one doing it every day.
Any other way? Not sure I want anyone else touching my women. And does this also work on the female Mercenaries?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah that nasty bounty I mentioned is fine if I have Ayden with me plus an aim implant on my main and either a coil or plasma gun on my main. The rest can be low tiers with rifles and I can still take out that plasma guy in at most 2 rounds. Sometimes the first round if everyone hits. Gotta have at least 2 people with coil and/or plasma with high enough aim that they're mostly guaranteed to hit. I've tried assault rifles but they just don't seem effective to me. They do seem like they do more damage in the hands of the enemy, but not on my own guys. From what I've noticed, if someone has high enough aim to consider an assault rifle, you're better off just going with coil or plasma instead.

Ayden starts off with aim almost high enough for that. He misses on rare occasions, but it's almost a guarantee that he's going to hit even when you first get him. I don't think I've ever seen a miss with the aim implant even at 30 aim but you might need a little more for an absolute guarantee. Or maybe the game has the concept of a critical miss where you are guaranteed to miss if you roll low enough, not sure.

Bud is useless with anything other than a rifle for quite awhile, but eventually he'll get that aim up and get a plasma. Doyle is nasty with a rifle and starts off close to being high enough to give him a plasma or coil gun for a really tough fight if you need to but I wouldn't want to pay for the ammo in every fight.
Once you get to about a hundred or more Ranged Combat you never miss. That goes for mercs too, thus Ayden will miss a little in the beginning, but soon enough (to my way of thinking) he's an auto-hit. Bud won't take that much longer the way I think of it--and play. That's with constant combat, a bounty and two arena fights and clearing the board every three or so days.

I hate missing with coilguns/plasma, especially now that they're even more expensive. In my Rise to the Ashes run, which is Grimdark of course, plasma ammo is up to 160/shot and it's not like it's scarce right now, it's plentiful with thousands of rounds left to buy. That's the main reason I use auto-rifles for a little while with some mercs, it hurts me less if they miss!

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Once you get to about a hundred or more Ranged Combat you never miss. That goes for mercs too, thus Ayden will miss a little in the beginning, but soon enough (to my way of thinking) he's an auto-hit. Bud won't take that much longer the way I think of it--and play. That's with constant combat, a bounty and two arena fights and clearing the board every three or so days.

I hate missing with coilguns/plasma, especially now that they're even more expensive. In my Rise to the Ashes run, which is Grimdark of course, plasma ammo is up to 160/shot and it's not like it's scarce right now, it's plentiful with thousands of rounds left to buy. That's the main reason I use auto-rifles for a little while with some mercs, it hurts me less if they miss!
The biggest problem I run into with Bud is that it seems like he's always in the last position no matter what I do so he gets the least chances for skill ups. Some fights he doesn't even get a shot. I guess I could cheese it a bit by just moving forward with everyone and chipping away with daggers with only Bud shooting his gun but I would only want to do that on easy fights. It would be nice to be able to move mercs around to different positions. Early on I would prefer to have Bud right after my main so he gets the most practice. It seems like once your mercs get up above about 70 aim they gain faster since they hit more often. Bud seems to get stuck below 60 for a LONG time, and frequently misses even with a rifle.

Loren gains aim FAST in my games due to her position in the team.

Edit: Managed to get Bud into the number 3 position by taking different followers so that's a nice change with him gaining skill a bit faster now. I took Doyle, Bud, Aiko, and Dexter for now, with Doyle being the only one who goes before him besides the MC.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes