khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The latest version seems to have some kind of bug with the shopkeepers where it teleports you back to your house after you finish buying stuff. I have run into that so far with both the book store and the weapon store. For the book store it was after buying books. For the weapon store it was buying ammo. Kind of strange. It doesn't do it every time so I don't know what the trigger is.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
The biggest problem I run into with Bud is that it seems like he's always in the last position no matter what I do so he gets the least chances for skill ups. Some fights he doesn't even get a shot. I guess I could cheese it a bit by just moving forward with everyone and chipping away with daggers with only Bud shooting his gun but I would only want to do that on easy fights. It would be nice to be able to move mercs around to different positions. Early on I would prefer to have Bud right after my main so he gets the most practice. It seems like once your mercs get up above about 70 aim they gain faster since they hit more often. Bud seems to get stuck below 60 for a LONG time, and frequently misses even with a rifle.

Loren gains aim FAST in my games due to her position in the team.

Edit: Managed to get Bud into the number 3 position by taking different followers so that's a nice change with him gaining skill a bit faster now. I took Doyle, Bud, Aiko, and Dexter for now, with Doyle being the only one who goes before him besides the MC.
I often have my top shots go to melee once the enemy big guns are neutralized, that way I can train them in melee and let my mercs lower down on the list get some shots in. Bud does seem to miss more often than he might, but I've put it down to confirmation bias because I get him a plasma gun as soon as I can and even though it doesn't cost me it hurts when he misses.

I think the chance at a crit is the same no matter how low or high their skill, I've trained many a girl from ~15 ranged combat up to about 70 solely through crits.

I think Bud is in the last position because he's one of the last mercs you bought, in a future run he'd probably be one of the first so he'd be way up there with Ansel.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I often have my top shots go to melee once the enemy big guns are neutralized, that way I can train them in melee and let my mercs lower down on the list get some shots in. Bud does seem to miss more often than he might, but I've put it down to confirmation bias because I get him a plasma gun as soon as I can and even though it doesn't cost me it hurts when he misses.
Bud starts with abysmal ranged and if you don't spend time with him het gets a -10 on top of that. He really needs some extra training time to make him decent.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Bud starts with abysmal ranged and if you don't spend time with him het gets a -10 on top of that. He really needs some extra training time to make him decent.
50 isn't abysmal in my book, he'll still hit more often than not and it's not that far to being at the 70 level where there's no recoil penalty. Since Dockgraves has become my new second home I don't really have to worry about him sulking as it costs nothing to let him tag along.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I find that between Dockgraves and whatever boost he might get passively from my house improvements I never have to actually spend time with Bud to keep him happy despite his attention whore drawback. I have tried games where I tried to keep that maxed out but it was just too time consuming to be worth the investment IMO. I think I would just never hire him if I had to do it. I find his 50 aim to be tolerable with a rifle but basically useless with anything else. I have not had a game run long enough so far to get him past 60, and for me he misses pretty often even with a rifle. I've tried giving him a coil or plasma gun and he almost always misses with those so it seems like a waste.

I suspect I may end up not using him much anymore now that we have 4 truely top tier mercs in the latest version. Ayden may not be able to use a plasma gun, but IMO his first round damage is so high that it makes up for it. He does more damage than anyone else by far in the first round. The other 3 guys can handle the clean up with plasmas in round 2 if needed.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm not talking about him being unhappy. The attention-whore trait will give him the -10 penalty unless you specifically spend time with him at home, so you can keep him Happy in Dockgraves but he will be running around with a -10 penalty on his aim.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm not talking about him being unhappy. The attention-whore trait will give him the -10 penalty unless you specifically spend time with him at home, so you can keep him Happy in Dockgraves but he will be running around with a -10 penalty on his aim.
Ok didn't realize that. If that's the case then Bud is definitely going to end up in a non combat role for me whether that's scavenger, janitor, whatever. The ammo savings isn't worth the time investment of actually spending time with him so often, to me at least. I guess it might explain why his aim sucks for me more than it seems like it should at his stat level (my main hits more often at lower aim than he has).

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Ok didn't realize that. If that's the case then Bud is definitely going to end up in a non combat role for me whether that's scavenger, janitor, whatever. The ammo savings isn't worth the time investment of actually spending time with him so often, to me at least. I guess it might explain why his aim sucks for me more than it seems like it should at his stat level (my main hits more often at lower aim than he has).
There is no 'If' here :LOL:;)
Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 05-11-36 Masters of Raana.png
When you check his Info panel, there is that counter. When that gets to 3/10 and below, -10 penalty on aim kicks in. When you get it to 9/10 or higher you get +5 bonus instead.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
There is no 'If' here :LOL:;)
View attachment 2539707
When you check his Info panel, there is that counter. When that gets to 3/10 and below, -10 penalty on aim kicks in. When you get it to 9/10 or higher you get +5 bonus instead.
I see it now, that's why he seems to miss more often than he might. He was at -3 and pissed when I looked at that even though outwardly he was amiable and 100 happiness.

But now mine has 85 RC and usually hits anyway. I suppose in the long run it just means I gotta get him up to 110 instead of 100 to auto-hit.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
But now mine has 85 RC and usually hits anyway. I suppose in the long run it just means I gotta get him up to 110 instead of 100 to auto-hit.
This whole hit-ratio thing depends on the chosen dice roll the meantime me think. I play on classic all the time so it means i proobably miss more than i would with other rolls.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
This whole hit-ratio thing depends on the chosen dice roll the meantime me think. I play on classic all the time so it means i proobably miss more than i would with other rolls.
I do too, this game struck me as obviously designed for a d100 system, I've played 2d50 some too, but most all my games are classic too.

Eventually they all get to where they never miss. That happens long before you've explored all the girls and venues in Masters of Raana.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Eventually they all get to where they never miss. That happens long before you've explored all the girls and venues in Masters of Raana.
Largely depends if one is obsessed with the ladies or just want to max out daily revenue through fighting. I'm not an obsessed perfectionist so i spend lot of days with doing only one thing, for example when i want to train i just do the two training session and hit end day.

This means that for me the fighting skills are still very much around 80 except for my main. One can spend a henious amount of time with individual girls as well. Took me ages to hard-fuck away a pesky Vanilla trait and now my girl is stuck with gaping pussy longer i can remember :sneaky:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Largely depends if one is obsessed with the ladies or just want to max out daily revenue through fighting. I'm not an obsessed perfectionist so i spend lot of days with doing only one thing, for example when i want to train i just do the two training session and hit end day.

This means that for me the fighting skills are still very much around 80 except for my main. One can spend a henious amount of time with individual girls as well. Took me ages to hard-fuck away a pesky Vanilla trait and now my girl is stuck with gaping pussy longer i can remember :sneaky:
I'm both a wargamer and a RPG player, I enjoy both facets. I think of the girls as my reward for the hard work I do keeping Stokke Hills and Darkmere clear and my bounties cashed.

Sometimes I just do whatever I want though, lately that has involved Dockgraves. Do you know how many times a day you can punish poor Kasey with the implant and a mega-high stamina?

Neither do I, I lost count.

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Sometimes I just do whatever I want though, lately that has involved Dockgraves. Do you know how many times a day you can punish poor Kasey with the implant and a mega-high stamina?
Costs a fortune! Damn implant :sneaky: But it's the dorm guy i just wanna kill and take the property off his hand. 290k and has the nerve to ask for 350 a day on top of that! Buy a mansion and the guy who sells it will still remain landlord and will charge you rent daily. Annoys me greatly. Who the hell wants to buy a building only to have to pay rent still. If we can't kill that guy in future updates i'm going to be disappointed :whistle:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
The latest version seems to have some kind of bug with the shopkeepers where it teleports you back to your house after you finish buying stuff. I have run into that so far with both the book store and the weapon store. For the book store it was after buying books. For the weapon store it was buying ammo. Kind of strange. It doesn't do it every time so I don't know what the trigger is.
Did this bug happen when trying to leave the shop (clicking the icon in the bottom right corner)?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Costs a fortune! Damn implant :sneaky: But it's the dorm guy i just wanna kill and take the property off his hand. 290k and has the nerve to ask for 350 a day on top of that! Buy a mansion and the guy who sells it will still remain landlord and will charge you rent daily. Annoys me greatly. Who the hell wants to buy a building only to have to pay rent still. If we can't kill that guy in future updates i'm going to be disappointed :whistle:
Mr. Hemsley asks only for a humble amount of cash that'll go into maintenence, paying guards, providing him with a meager salary and keeping the locks in pristine condition.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Mr. Hemsley asks only for a humble amount of cash that'll go into maintenence, paying guards, providing him with a meager salary and keeping the locks in pristine condition.
I get the 350 part, but if i'm renting the place what exactly the 290.000 for?? The guy is a knave i tell you. A lecherous knave! Ikaanos is a very dishonest city! How am i suppose to raise my dishonest empire of sex slavery among such dishonest knaves!

Anyway. I tried the stable again, this time without doing something dumb that would have prevented the person to actually visit the stables :HideThePain:, and it seems to me while the first level, the initial level, of it works.. that 5 but not the +20. Plus it is worded weirdly. It doesn't say 5%, it says +5, +20. I assume that suppose to mean 5%, 20% daily?
Masters of Raana.png

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I get the 350 part, but if i'm renting the place what exactly the 290.000 for?? The guy is a knave i tell you. A lecherous knave! Ikaanos is a very dishonest city! How am i suppose to raise my dishonest empire of sex slavery among such dishonest knaves!

Anyway. I tried the stable again, this time without doing something dumb that would have prevented the person to actually visit the stables :HideThePain:, and it seems to me while the first level, the initial level, of it works.. that 5 but not the +20. Plus it is worded weirdly. It doesn't say 5%, it says +5, +20. I assume that suppose to mean 5%, 20% daily?
View attachment 2539937
Oh, no, you're owning it. That extra cash is only for taxes, salaries and maintenance. He's actually doing you a great favor! Keeping all those potential runaways locked and secured, easily accessible. ;)

Oh, yeah, that should be %. Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes