khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This shouldn't just be explained in a wiki :sneaky:

The game pretty much throws Juno at you and offers Rebecca for cheap, which is like a deliberate trolling effort to make the rookie player's life miserable :LOL:

The easiest to get, pretty much thrown-into-your-lap slaves are ones with Advocate and Feminist which are the ones that actively and rapidly ruin your mental well being if you wanna do slave breaking! Sure, Advocate is super useful ONCE you break them but you have to break each and every one with these traits with extreme prejudice BEFORE you can even think about bringing another slave.

You take those two in and have no way of preventing their Advocate and/or Feminist traits working. The game isn't suppose to throw the most toxic ones at you to deal with when you are in a stage you barely understand if at all what you are doing and up against with those. It shouldn't be lure you into take ones with Advocate/Feminist without actually telling you how toxic these can be and that you should immediately set everything else aside and work on breaking them ASAP.

Same deal with the academy girl but she is at the very least requires certain conditions. But Juno for example lands in your lap if you aren't careful and there you are stuck with toxic. The game should be way more helpful and hand-holdy with new-players.

By the way, it appears to be that Advocate works on your household even if the only one with unbroken advocate is fighting in the Arena. I have Aria in the arena, unbroken of course, and the willpower in my household keeps rising steadily.

I can't figure out for the life of me what increases willpower in every girl when Aria as the arena, nobody has Feminist and Rebecca is a broken in so her Advoce should be lowering willpower. And yet the willpower of all my slaves keep rising relatively rapidly. 1-2 every 2-3 days on average.
I was thinking about this a bit more from the perspective of the new player experience and I think what might make the most sense would be to change the guest room to be tied into a quest to "break" your first slave. So initially the guest room doesn't even exist. You have your own bedroom and preferably a maximum of 1 open slot for a slave, who initially has to either sleep on the floor or in her master's bed.

So when you get your first slave, you get a quest to "break her in". I would suggest that for your first slave this just means getting her willpower to less than zero and getting her affection to loving. This unlocks your ability to build the guest room which allows your first slave a place to sleep other than the floor or her master's bed and also gives you a second slave slot. It might make sense to hint at a slave that would be easy to do this with like Amelia.

This also gives a continuation for that first quest. Your goal now is to train 2 slaves up to 60 in any skill (whatever skill you want). You could potentially cheese this requirement by just buying your first 2 slaves who already have 60 or more in something, but a newbie is more likely to just grab 2 of the first slaves they can get which will require training to get there. Once you've completed the training quest, you get access to the next guest room upgrade which gives you 2 more slave slots.

By now the newbie has the general idea what's involved in breaking and training slaves. Now you get your final continuation of this quest, which I would suggest should be some sort of bondage related goal to introduce the newbie to how that works. Not really sure what the best way to set that up would be, but completing that fully unlocks the guest room with all the currently available slave slots now available (plus preferably some extra benefits beyond just the slave slots we currently get for free).

It might make sense for the bondage class to include an actual tutorial bondage session where the game guides you through an effective bondage session with one of the willing slaves taking part in the bondage class.

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I was thinking about this a bit more from the perspective of the new player experience and I think what might make the most sense would be to change the guest room to be tied into a quest to "break" your first slave. So initially the guest room doesn't even exist. You have your own bedroom and preferably a maximum of 1 open slot for a slave, who initially has to either sleep on the floor or in her master's bed.

So when you get your first slave, you get a quest to "break her in". I would suggest that for your first slave this just means getting her willpower to less than zero and getting her affection to loving. This unlocks your ability to build the guest room which allows your first slave a place to sleep other than the floor or her master's bed and also gives you a second slave slot. It might make sense to hint at a slave that would be easy to do this with like Amelia.

This also gives a continuation for that first quest. Your goal now is to train 2 slaves up to 60 in any skill (whatever skill you want). You could potentially cheese this requirement by just buying your first 2 slaves who already have 60 or more in something, but a newbie is more likely to just grab 2 of the first slaves they can get which will require training to get there. Once you've completed the training quest, you get access to the next guest room upgrade which gives you 2 more slave slots.

By now the newbie has the general idea what's involved in breaking and training slaves. Now you get your final continuation of this quest, which I would suggest should be some sort of bondage related goal to introduce the newbie to how that works. Not really sure what the best way to set that up would be, but completing that fully unlocks the guest room with all the currently available slave slots now available (plus preferably some extra benefits beyond just the slave slots we currently get for free).

It might make sense for the bondage class to include an actual tutorial bondage session where the game guides you through an effective bondage session with one of the willing slaves taking part in the bondage class.
What if you don't want to "break" your slaves. I have no interest in having slaves with less than 0 willpower. Where does this leave a player like me. The bdsm side of the game has minimum attraction to me.

What I like about this game is I'm not railroaded into a path. I can choose whatever direction I want to go, play however I want to play. I hope the game never goes in that forced direction.

Now there isn't anything wrong with your post, it is actually a good guide in many respects for a newbie who wants what you want. It just shouldn't be forced on a player.

Personally, I don't mind making mistakes learning a new game and if a new player over reaches or tries too much at the beginning and gets slammed...well, quit, start over and learn from your mistakes. This is very much a crpg in that regard.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I haven't tried the riding classes yet. It looked to me like an expensive way to kind of passively train up her discipline and physical stats. Kind of like the academy. I could see doing that with a slave you're not actively focusing on training yourself since you have limited time. You can't train a bunch of different slaves every day. I suspect the low willpower/active training options are more effective at raising discipline though. I have definitely seen discipline increases doing that, although I don't think there are any fast ways of doing it. It's going to be slow no matter what you do.

That's why I think getting willpower below 10 as soon as possible and just keeping it there for a good long while is probably a good idea since you'll be passively increasing discipline the longer they stay there. Until I get MC's skills up, I suspect the best option for me to train is going to be domestic skill and sex skills. Maybe get working on some prostitution income if I get their sex skills up a bit until I can read some books/take some classes so I have some skills to actually teach them.

Having a Head Maid with high discipline also sounds like it would be a great way to passively boost the discipline of ALL your slaves. She also needs high domestic skills though. I'm thinking I may try to get Amelia up to par for Head Maid next and see how well that works. She starts off with decent in both without training, but not quite enough in either.
The riding classes supplement the other training tools nicely, they're expensive but worth it in the long run. Your last paragraph is paramount though--get a Head Maid with a discipline of 60+ as soon as possible. If you don't get any girls with Workaholic, Piper will do.

I have no need of breaking my girls anymore, they do whatever I want and all have 100+ willpower. Oh, they occasionally balk at this or that, but not often, and when they do I get to whip them with the added satisfaction that the naughty little slut deserves it. The only reason I can see now to break their willpower is to sell them, and I don't really want to sell any of my girls right now outside the little teen strumpet I bought at the auction. I've tired of her and she belongs at Furry's crawling around on the floor naked looking for her next meal.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ennoch and khumak

MrFingers

Nov 19, 2020
The riding classes supplement the other training tools nicely, they're expensive but worth it in the long run. Your last paragraph is paramount though--get a Head Maid with a discipline of 60+ as soon as possible. If you don't get any girls with Workaholic, Piper will do.

I have no need of breaking my girls anymore, they do whatever I want and all have 100+ willpower. Oh, they occasionally balk at this or that, but not often, and when they do I get to whip them with the added satisfaction that the naughty little slut deserves it. The only reason I can see now to break their willpower is to sell them, and I don't really want to sell any of my girls right now outside the little teen strumpet I bought at the auction. I've tired of her and she belongs at Furry's crawling around on the floor naked looking for her next meal.
Are you referring to Lovisa? I just sent her to work at the academy and make a bit of $. Which auction/girl did you mean? Curious if there's some auction house I'm missing or if it's from an older version of the game.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Yeah not having a head maid with enough Discipline was a definite mistake I had made before. I didn't realize how important that position was til I started looking at what it takes to raise discipline and how hard it is to train slaves with low discipline. I've already had a few girls gain some random discipline from it now without anyone being at negative willpower yet. Piper does seem to be the easiest choice early on for it. She needs some domestic training to get full benefit from it, but at least she's already rocking a 70 discipline and that's the hard part for that title.

Mai-Lynn works as well except that once she hits 80 gardening (which doesn't take very long), I'm sending her off to the academy to max that out and I don't know if that messes with the head maid bonus or not. I figure to be safe, I'll just make Piper both a maid and the head maid so she's home all the time and can whip the rest of the girls into shape. Maybe if one of the girls becomes a workaholic I'll train that one up to be the head maid instead but so far no luck on that.

I do still think gaining discipline is slow enough that I will probably want most of my girls to temporarily dip down into the negative willpower territory to speed up both discipline gain and training, but I will most likely want most of them pumped back up to max willpower again later.

So far Juno is doing a great job of both boosting the other slaves happiness/affection and also passively lowering their willpower since I focused on her from day 1. No need to wait on getting other slaves as long as they're not also advocates. I just grab whoever I want and assign them to a job and keep focusing on Juno.

I think my next order of business is probably training Caitlin up to be my quartermaster since she starts with both a medicine and science skill that are already almost high enough to get the max benefit from it. The automatic armor repairs sound particularly nice.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Are you referring to Lovisa? I just sent her to work at the academy and make a bit of $. Which auction/girl did you mean? Curious if there's some auction house I'm missing or if it's from an older version of the game.
No, it's coming up for you if you're playing the public version. I think you'll like it, Grimdark et al put a lot of work into it and you're going to see a more polished and complete version than I did the first time.

You'll be able to buy girls at the slave vendor in Crystal Heights and somewhere else (Watery Eyes?) randomly at auction. They have some (relatively) unique renders and some randomized backstories. Not as good as the featured slaves in my opinion but there's definitely some hotties with some fun stories.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah not having a head maid with enough Discipline was a definite mistake I had made before. I didn't realize how important that position was til I started looking at what it takes to raise discipline and how hard it is to train slaves with low discipline. I've already had a few girls gain some random discipline from it now without anyone being at negative willpower yet. Piper does seem to be the easiest choice early on for it. She needs some domestic training to get full benefit from it, but at least she's already rocking a 70 discipline and that's the hard part for that title.

Mai-Lynn works as well except that once she hits 80 gardening (which doesn't take very long), I'm sending her off to the academy to max that out and I don't know if that messes with the head maid bonus or not. I figure to be safe, I'll just make Piper both a maid and the head maid so she's home all the time and can whip the rest of the girls into shape. Maybe if one of the girls becomes a workaholic I'll train that one up to be the head maid instead but so far no luck on that.

I do still think gaining discipline is slow enough that I will probably want most of my girls to temporarily dip down into the negative willpower territory to speed up both discipline gain and training, but I will most likely want most of them pumped back up to max willpower again later.

So far Juno is doing a great job of both boosting the other slaves happiness/affection and also passively lowering their willpower since I focused on her from day 1. No need to wait on getting other slaves as long as they're not also advocates. I just grab whoever I want and assign them to a job and keep focusing on Juno.

I think my next order of business is probably training Caitlin up to be my quartermaster since she starts with both a medicine and science skill that are already almost high enough to get the max benefit from it. The automatic armor repairs sound particularly nice.
What I do like about this game is there's many different roads to get to the results you want and those are entirely up to you.

I had to go with Piper as I didn't get a single Workaholic to start (finally got one with Mae of all people and she's my floorcrawler now) and I didn't do any save-scumming as I wanted to have to to work around my weaknesses as the Rise from the Ashes character for the gaming fun of it. Piper is less than ideal, she costs you something like three coin a day as she's stupid, but that's nothing in the larger scheme of things as I will definitely pay 3 a day to get that discipline bonus.

However I don't really like Piper, she just doesn't turn me on that much and I don't find her very interesting so now my Head Maid is Juno who I have going to the Academy to become the mega gardener. She's at 122 now--almost there! I haven't noticed any lessening of her bonus while doing so.

Caitlin was my Quartermaster in my Silver Tongue run, for many of the reasons you list. I had a helluva time getting her combat up there to get that bonus, but then again I didn't really need it as I was in the auto-hit range already.

I'll no doubt be trying Mai-Lynn soon, when she gets some renders. One other reason I've not been too enthusiastic about trying her much so far is as I recall she's an automatic Vanilla. That's the one I hate dealing with the most, I eat Feminists and Malevolent bitches for lunch, but Vanilla just irritates the hell out of me.

Especially Pure, Vanilla, Feminist and Delicate. I had a Lovisa like that in my Magnate run. She ended up swallowing almost six gallons of my juice, and no doubt gallons more from others as I worked my girls hard that run.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What I do like about this game is there's many different roads to get to the results you want and those are entirely up to you.

I had to go with Piper as I didn't get a single Workaholic to start (finally got one with Mae of all people and she's my floorcrawler now) and I didn't do any save-scumming as I wanted to have to to work around my weaknesses as the Rise from the Ashes character for the gaming fun of it. Piper is less than ideal, she costs you something like three coin a day as she's stupid, but that's nothing in the larger scheme of things as I will definitely pay 3 a day to get that discipline bonus.

However I don't really like Piper, she just doesn't turn me on that much and I don't find her very interesting so now my Head Maid is Juno who I have going to the Academy to become the mega gardener. She's at 122 now--almost there! I haven't noticed any lessening of her bonus while doing so.

Caitlin was my Quartermaster in my Silver Tongue run, for many of the reasons you list. I had a helluva time getting her combat up there to get that bonus, but then again I didn't really need it as I was in the auto-hit range already.

I'll no doubt be trying Mai-Lynn soon, when she gets some renders. One other reason I've not been too enthusiastic about trying her much so far is as I recall she's an automatic Vanilla. That's the one I hate dealing with the most, I eat Feminists and Malevolent bitches for lunch, but Vanilla just irritates the hell out of me.

Especially Pure, Vanilla, Feminist and Delicate. I had a Lovisa like that in my Magnate run. She ended up swallowing over six gallons of my juice, and no doubt gallons more from others as I worked my girls hard that run.
Yeah I was willing to pay the penalty for low intelligence in case being at the academy messed up the head maid bonus, but if it doesn't then Mai-Lynn definitely makes a better head maid. She starts at 60 discipline, 40 domestic, and 45 int so she doesn't have any of the penalties, gets the discipline boosting bonus, and only needs a little work to get the domestic bonuses.

The random perks thing is taking a bit of getting used to. This run pretty much every slave I have is frigid. None are workaholics. Only 1 is a perfectionist. Several are pure. Several are vanilla. I assume you can eventually train away some of the bad perks but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm still not sure what some of the training requirements are though. Rebecca will train stamina with me no problem and gain a point every time. Piper has just as much discipline but doesn't gain anything. I'm guessing maybe it's due to her low intelligence. Not sure how that would affect physical training but that's all I can think of. Will have to try some more training with some of the other slaves when their discipline gets up to something reasonable. A lot of them seem to start around 20.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah I was willing to pay the penalty for low intelligence in case being at the academy messed up the head maid bonus, but if it doesn't then Mai-Lynn definitely makes a better head maid. She starts at 60 discipline, 40 domestic, and 45 int so she doesn't have any of the penalties, gets the discipline boosting bonus, and only needs a little work to get the domestic bonuses.

The random perks thing is taking a bit of getting used to. This run pretty much every slave I have is frigid. None are workaholics. Only 1 is a perfectionist. Several are pure. Several are vanilla. I assume you can eventually train away some of the bad perks but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm still not sure what some of the training requirements are though. Rebecca will train stamina with me no problem and gain a point every time. Piper has just as much discipline but doesn't gain anything. I'm guessing maybe it's due to her low intelligence. Not sure how that would affect physical training but that's all I can think of. Will have to try some more training with some of the other slaves when their discipline gets up to something reasonable. A lot of them seem to start around 20.
Yes, it sounds like Mai-Lynn might be a very good choice. I'll likely pick her up early regularly when I start again.

Frigid isn't tough to deal with for me as I generally take my time, usually a few days at least, and run their affection up to 'loving' at least before going after their goodies. I can wait, I've seen all the pictures and even with new ones can delay my gratification until I've 'earned' it by the standards of the game.

You can train away most all of the traits many dislike, there's something in the wiki about it. Most just involve raising their corruption and my tastes pretty much automatically ensure that's going up and quickly with basically every little slut I have.

I dunno why Piper would be having that problem for you, are you hiring a trainer? I do think there's some 'troughs' you can get in at certain ranges where getting that extra point or two is tougher, but eventually you do get out of those at least until you get the stat really high.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, it sounds like Mai-Lynn might be a very good choice. I'll likely pick her up early regularly when I start again.

Frigid isn't tough to deal with for me as I generally take my time, usually a few days at least, and run their affection up to 'loving' at least before going after their goodies. I can wait, I've seen all the pictures and even with new ones can delay my gratification until I've 'earned' it by the standards of the game.

You can train away most all of the traits many dislike, there's something in the wiki about it. Most just involve raising their corruption and my tastes pretty much automatically ensure that's going up and quickly with basically every little slut I have.

I dunno why Piper would be having that problem for you, are you hiring a trainer? I do think there's some 'troughs' you can get in at certain ranges where getting that extra point or two is tougher, but eventually you do get out of those at least until you get the stat really high.
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with Piper. I was hiring a trainer each time just like I do with Rebecca but she gains nothing. One thing I just tried that is REALLY nice that I should have done before is buy the stealth suit for rotating my slaves into combat to gain respect. It's expensive but as far as I can tell it's a 100% guarantee that nobody will ever hit your slave unless they're the last one standing. Really cuts down on having to micromanage which battles you bring your slave along on.

Now I can pretty much immediately train every slave I get up to 20 respect. Sometimes I would only get 1 or 2 battles a day in with a slave without the stealth suit since I don't like them getting 1 shot by stuff and I'm not a fan of save scumming.

I decided to try a Silver Tongue play through since with such high charm and manipulation it should make it really easy to play around with all the different seduction/bondage/training options without having to grind stats first. Rebecca agreed to a blowjob the first time I talked to her (and actually enjoyed it). Not used to that...

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with Piper. I was hiring a trainer each time just like I do with Rebecca but she gains nothing. One thing I just tried that is REALLY nice that I should have done before is buy the stealth suit for rotating my slaves into combat to gain respect. It's expensive but as far as I can tell it's a 100% guarantee that nobody will ever hit your slave unless they're the last one standing. Really cuts down on having to micromanage which battles you bring your slave along on.

Now I can pretty much immediately train every slave I get up to 20 respect. Sometimes I would only get 1 or 2 battles a day in with a slave without the stealth suit since I don't like them getting 1 shot by stuff and I'm not a fan of save scumming.

I decided to try a Silver Tongue play through since with such high charm and manipulation it should make it really easy to play around with all the different seduction/bondage/training options without having to grind stats first. Rebecca agreed to a blowjob the first time I talked to her (and actually enjoyed it). Not used to that...
He might have improved the Stealth suit since the last time I used it. As I recall it did noticeably cut down the shots taken by the wearer, but every once in a while one got through and usually the girl went down as it doesn't protect all that well. I got the impression it just forced a second result of hitting the wearer, so if there was a 20% chance of them being targeted naturally, that became on the order of 4%. However in a combat where they get to fire three times that means 12 shots against you if there's four opponents and there's decent odds of hitting a 4% chance in 12 trials.

I really liked playing the Silver Tongue. I think of him as akin to Brad Pitt's character 'Rusty' in "Ocean's Eleven." It's nice having the slavegirls just melt into your arms from the beginning, I agree. Magnate might be more powerful and gets you going faster, but Silver Tongue is more fun.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
He might have improved the Stealth suit since the last time I used it. As I recall it did noticeably cut down the shots taken by the wearer, but every once in a while one got through and usually the girl went down as it doesn't protect all that well. I got the impression it just forced a second result of hitting the wearer, so if there was a 20% chance of them being targeted naturally, that became on the order of 4%. However in a combat where they get to fire three times that means 12 shots against you if there's four opponents and there's decent odds of hitting a 4% chance in 12 trials.

I really liked playing the Silver Tongue. I think of him as akin to Brad Pitt's character 'Rusty' in "Ocean's Eleven." It's nice having the slavegirls just melt into your arms from the beginning, I agree. Magnate might be more powerful and gets you going faster, but Silver Tongue is more fun.
Yeah you might want to try it again. I've been playing with the stealth suit for a few hours now and have not seen a slave even get targetted let alone hit even once so far. It does have less protection than duraplate, but the stealth makes that irrelevant unless I've just been really lucky.

I've been kind of itching to try a Rise from the Ashes start but I think I'm probably better off getting a better feel for how everything works with the Silver Tongue start first. It's definitely a lot of fun being able to seduce pretty much every girl the first time you talk to her.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah you might want to try it again. I've been playing with the stealth suit for a few hours now and have not seen a slave even get targetted let alone hit even once so far. It does have less protection than duraplate, but the stealth makes that irrelevant unless I've just been really lucky.

I've been kind of itching to try a Rise from the Ashes start but I think I'm probably better off getting a better feel for how everything works with the Silver Tongue start first. It's definitely a lot of fun being able to seduce pretty much every girl the first time you talk to her.
I just got the INT boost from the Spaceball ENSYS event! My first time after literally dozens of attempts, though I think I finally figured out how to do it right. Your slavegirls do indeed have to be participants and not the entertainment itself, that's what I did wrong so many times.

That and other points from here and there (RPG campaigns and Dockgrave mostly) has brought my (Rise from the Ashes character's) INT up to 42 now, the answer to life, the universe and everything. I'm especially chuffed!

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I just got the INT boost from the Spaceball ENSYS event! My first time after literally dozens of attempts, though I think I finally figured out how to do it right. Your slavegirls do indeed have to be participants and not the entertainment itself, that's what I did wrong so many times.

That and other points from here and there (RPG campaigns and Dockgrave mostly) has brought my (Rise from the Ashes character's) INT up to 42 now, the answer to life, the universe and everything. I'm especially chuffed!
Glad I could help, even if I just blindly stumbled into the secret :) If it's repeatable that could be a nice way to grind out some int on a low int build. Seems like gaining int is not an easy thing though once you've done the books and classes. The wiki says teaching classes can do it as well but it might be hard to get academics or science up high enough if you're starting with sub 40 int., I haven't tried teaching yet.

I did a little testing reading the books and taking the classes at various int levels and the classes do seem to be accurate about their potential rewards, but the books list point values that are definitely low ball estimates. With high int, I have gotten way more points than the estimate you get when you buy the books. There's also 1 academy class that seems to be an exception to the rule as well. I'm not sure if it's possible to get that 5th point of willpower from Professor Wolf's Complete Masters, but if it is it requires more than 97 int to get (you get 4 at that level). Professor Wolf's Planetary Studies also seems somewhat cheeseable since it has a higher minimum than most books or classes, you can get the max reward at a lower int than most other things (definitely confirmed at 61, maybe lower). None of the other classes give max rewards at that low of an int.

I haven't tested at super low int yet, but if the int from the books is guaranteed it might work to read the science books first (since 3 of them give 2 int). If you only get 1 int at some point then I would probably want to read the academics books first. The skill values are definitely not guaranteed but I'm not sure about the int. I would rather have high science than academics since it gives a bonus for gambling, but if you can get either of them high enough you can teach at the academy which I think could raise both of them.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Glad I could help, even if I just blindly stumbled into the secret :) If it's repeatable that could be a nice way to grind out some int on a low int build. Seems like gaining int is not an easy thing though once you've done the books and classes. The wiki says teaching classes can do it as well but it might be hard to get academics or science up high enough if you're starting with sub 40 int., I haven't tried teaching yet.

I did a little testing reading the books and taking the classes at various int levels and the classes do seem to be accurate about their potential rewards, but the books list point values that are definitely low ball estimates. With high int, I have gotten way more points than the estimate you get when you buy the books. There's also 1 academy class that seems to be an exception to the rule as well. I'm not sure if it's possible to get that 5th point of willpower from Professor Wolf's Complete Masters, but if it is it requires more than 97 int to get (you get 4 at that level). Professor Wolf's Planetary Studies also seems somewhat cheeseable since it has a higher minimum than most books or classes, you can get the max reward at a lower int than most other things (definitely confirmed at 61, maybe lower). None of the other classes give max rewards at that low of an int.

I haven't tested at super low int yet, but if the int from the books is guaranteed it might work to read the science books first (since 3 of them give 2 int). If you only get 1 int at some point then I would probably want to read the academics books first. The skill values are definitely not guaranteed but I'm not sure about the int. I would rather have high science than academics since it gives a bonus for gambling, but if you can get either of them high enough you can teach at the academy which I think could raise both of them.
Yes, thank you for that hint! I've not replicated it since, but I've not had much chance to try. I do it when I happen to get home at exactly 8 PM as pretty much all my girls are at the Stables until then and I seldom have a chance before because I'm out bountying baddies and keeping the board clear.

As for the Academy, I've not tried with this character yet but my Magnate taught at the Academy for a long while (at least five iterations of 15 required days) and I don't recall getting an INT point that way, but he starts with a decent INT and I'd already gotten the extra from the books and courses too. I do seem to recall picking up some willpower points and his was pretty high as I recall. I think Grimdark capped it since but I just looked and I got it up to 133, mostly by spewing all over Tori and Cersei's lovely little faces.

This one has managed to get to an 82 Academics from random points here and there--mostly at Furry's--but Science has lagged behind and is still at only 57. A few of those points are from Dockgraves which is still a part of my regular schedule so that will probably eventually get there.

Thanks for the info on the books and classes, I've not done them with this Rise from the Ashes character as I don't want to get the minimums.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020
Not to be rude or anything but if the game is feeling too grindy or frustrating, you people are aware that it's a javascript game running in a browser, right? Open the debug console and change some stats yourself. Problem solved.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes