JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
He did ask for other ways to increase affection for mercs, don't shoot the messenger. lol

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ayden is looking more and more like a really strong option for an early top tier merc the more I play. I've tried going all low tier mercs, but no matter what I do if I'm not starting with $50k+ to hand out duraplate to everyone, a low tier merc squad just doesn't have the damage output to reliably take out the harder enemies without losing people frequently for about the first month. Even if you grab the aim implant on the main character so you can reliably use a coil or plasma gun on him, it's just not enough damage output to guarantee that a tough fight never lasts more than 2-3 rounds.

Ayden is a crack shot and does bonus damage on his first shot so he can effectively 1 shot someone wearing combat armor and take someone wearing duraplate down to about half in a single shot. So for basically the cost of 1 suit of combat armor you get a merc who already has duraplate, already has a coilgun with enough aim to be effective with it, and does basically double damage on his first shot. That saves you money on ammo for your other mercs and your main since he kills stuff so fast and also saves on repair and stim costs. It also makes it a lot less likely that anyone in your party is going to get taken down before you scrounge up enough money to give everyone duraplate since he can pretty much single handedly guarantee that your single most dangerous opponent is never getting a turn.

He does so much damage the first round that you could even potentially cheap out a bit initially and stick with leather armor for the first week and then have enough money to buy 2 suits of duraplate at the end of week 1, one for your main and 1 for one of your mercs. You might want to avoid a couple of the toughest fights that first week if you do that so it might take an extra day or 2 to unlock Crystal Hills if you do that. I normally get there on day 6.

Someone with a plasma gun and high aim would out damage him in a long fight, but not in a short one, and in the early game you don't want long fights. I think when you factor in ammo/repair/stim savings Ayden might actually be cheaper than a low tier merc overall despite his high salary. I don't think it's worth it to go with a full high tier merc squad right off the bat though. You just don't have the passive income yet to support that, and you almost never need THAT much firepower unless you're fighting stuff like those wilderness monsters that take like 20 plasma hits to kill.

Edit: Was curious about the cheap out/leather start strategy so I tried it and was still able to unlock Crystal Hills on day 5 without having to do that nasty Docks fight. I ran with a full merc squad that week so no slave training yet. So on day 6 I have Ayden for power and 2 suits of duraplate so far for defense (not including the suit that Ayden is wearing). Rifle Savant got taken down twice and Peasant got taken down once during those 5 days but they're going to both be on scavenger duty from now on anyway. Used Rifle Savant longer than usual since I got zero rifle drops the first 3 days, and despite his claims to the contrary, Ansen is useless with a crossbow.

Played a bit more with this start and by day 25 I had a fully upgraded house, duraplate armor on me and all 4 of my mercs, Mai-Lynn and Aria both hired, the aim implant bought, and all of the early investment options taken. I'm using a LOT less stims with Ayden plus 3 low tier mercs than I was with all low tiers. The only person I need to be careful with in fights now is my slave if I take one fighting with me (I didn't buy any armor yet for my slaves, planning to get the stealth armor soon). So I only take my slaves on easy fights. I have respect at 20 so far for Juno, Mai-Lynn, and Michelle. Just got Aria so haven't started on her yet.

For most fights, rifles is all I need on everyone except Ayden, but I do break out the plasma gun on my main when I need the extra damage for a really tough fight. There's a tier 5 bounty I sometimes get that I need that plasma gun for.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is there preg renders?
Yes you can get your wife pregnant and it shows the belly plus you can use the clinic to have them grow up fast and then you have your 18 yo child do what you want them to do game wise.

You can speed up the pregnancy also.

Reactions: GD-studios

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
What's this I hear about random slaves? Do they have any renders to them or are they just text only? I haven't played this game in a long time, is it a new planned feature or is it already in the game?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
What's this I hear about random slaves? Do they have any renders to them or are they just text only? I haven't played this game in a long time, is it a new planned feature or is it already in the game?
Randomly generated slaves are the flagship feature of the upcoming 0.8.2 update. (Very rough estimated release sometime in midsummer, after two smaller updates) The system itself is largely complete on the coding side and has been released to Tier4+ subs as an alpha to test. The addition of random slaves will allow for slave trading to be more viable (since nobody wants to part with the wonderfully handwritten unique slaves) as well as opening up various possibilities such as capturing female combatants as slaves (planned for a combat revamp update down the line.)

Random slaves will have basic renders, which will use their body type to show an approximation of the slave. Fully detailed renders for every possible permutation are not feasible at this point, but the basic renders will allow you to see a fair approximation of the slave. I've included an example below from one of Grim's discord progress post (NSFW).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
Yeah that crazy lube stuff you could get them pregnant earlier? Maid servant idea conditions loyalty and self respect yet it doesn't occur unless you have nicer house. Kitchen should have more techno updates, plus bathroom and Bedroom. I think there should in house spa versus bathroom which means everyone has access to it. House spa would been great communal shower, private toilet.

Bedroom should had direct access to annex is one that is techno bedroom many people dream about having. House bedroom one has only space for when your married.

If you had soldiers in house maybe there should been woman toilet option for naughty slaves. I would liked if they had male slaves too as option. Sending them out scavenge or farm/ fish would be beneficial.

Office is not upgrade-able for non-patreon users yet.

House doesn't have anymore upgrade options: will it have more options?

What are children purpose be when they reach (18) use for marriage out or sending out create a new colony outside City?

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
what does slave's respect do exactly?
Clip from MoR Wiki: "...Respect boosts all domination and charm attempts. A slave is more likely to participate in sexual intercourse or do as you command her (even if she doesn’t like it) if you've defeated an army of soldiers and freebooters in front of her eyes."

Reactions: mrttao and sckc1992

sckc1992

Sep 5, 2017
how to boost homeschool education training points? some slaves can have up to 2-3 point per training, others can only go 1-2 per training, why that?

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
how to boost homeschool education training points? some slaves can have up to 2-3 point per training, others can only go 1-2 per training, why that?
I imagine that results for most part from their traits. fx. 'Warriorress' :
Clip from MoR-Wiki again: "
Wariorress
Your slave has a natural talent for combat and raises her Melee and Ranged weapon skills much faster than ordinary girls. She also receive a +3 damage bonus while in combat. "

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I think certain girls have an interest in certain areas and that will increase the chance for an extra point. I kinda remember Rachel having hopes and dreams about being a dancer and she seemed to get more 2 and 3s during Dance training.

Sometimes as a random event they develop a focus for a particular activity that will last for a period of time and that will increase the likelihood of earning extra points in that activity. Also, I think if you use discipline on the right girl during home education she will have a chance to get extra points.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Was playing yesterday for awhile and had rounded up about 8 slaves while focusing on upgrades and building money and influence. By the time I got around to deciding it was time to break my slaves will and train them they're all sitting at 90+ willpower with both Juno and Rebecca as advocates reinforcing that high willpower on everyone else. Made breaking anyone a huge pain.

I can definitely see why one of the newbie guides in the wiki recommends breaking each of your slaves as you get them BEFORE you get any new ones. I could see this being especially true if they're an advocate. Unfortunately you probably won't have many skills that are at a high level to teach them early in the game yet, but you could at least get started on building their discipline. My main seems to have high skill level from day 1 though for teaching domestic skills. Not sure where that comes from (academic maybe)?

Starting off you probably don't have the skills to be very effective with bondage unless you start with Master of the Ropes, but it's fairly easy to break a slave via dominant/aggressive seduction if you do it when she's down around 30 or so instead of 90+. I think my next game I'm going to give Juno the "attention" she deserves before I start picking up additional slaves. It would be nice to train some some slaves in domestic early on to actually get some benefit from some of the titles you can give them like pantry girl, etc. Most of them start off with low enough skill that you actually get a penalty if you put them in that role. Rebecca's custom title is pretty nice as well once you get some investments going, especially if you stack that with an accountant.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I can definitely see why one of the newbie guides in the wiki recommends breaking each of your slaves as you get them BEFORE you get any new ones. I could see this being especially true if they're an advocate
This shouldn't just be explained in a wiki :sneaky:

The game pretty much throws Juno at you and offers Rebecca for cheap, which is like a deliberate trolling effort to make the rookie player's life miserable :LOL:

The easiest to get, pretty much thrown-into-your-lap slaves are ones with Advocate and Feminist which are the ones that actively and rapidly ruin your mental well being if you wanna do slave breaking! Sure, Advocate is super useful ONCE you break them but you have to break each and every one with these traits with extreme prejudice BEFORE you can even think about bringing another slave.

You take those two in and have no way of preventing their Advocate and/or Feminist traits working. The game isn't suppose to throw the most toxic ones at you to deal with when you are in a stage you barely understand if at all what you are doing and up against with those. It shouldn't be lure you into take ones with Advocate/Feminist without actually telling you how toxic these can be and that you should immediately set everything else aside and work on breaking them ASAP.

Same deal with the academy girl but she is at the very least requires certain conditions. But Juno for example lands in your lap if you aren't careful and there you are stuck with toxic. The game should be way more helpful and hand-holdy with new-players.

By the way, it appears to be that Advocate works on your household even if the only one with unbroken advocate is fighting in the Arena. I have Aria in the arena, unbroken of course, and the willpower in my household keeps rising steadily.

I can't figure out for the life of me what increases willpower in every girl when Aria as the arena, nobody has Feminist and Rebecca is a broken in so her Advoce should be lowering willpower. And yet the willpower of all my slaves keep rising relatively rapidly. 1-2 every 2-3 days on average.

Reactions: khumak

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Was playing yesterday for awhile and had rounded up about 8 slaves while focusing on upgrades and building money and influence. ...
I was playing yesterday, too. I had played the day before that as well and I continued today.
I had only my MC to entertain himself with killing folks and visiting those nice ladies at certain inn - so he had lots of time in his hands to learn - and learn he did, too.

My MC is basically a young hunter from hunter parents, so he was quite agile with some passable number of manipulation. He is also a brawler, criminal with a few points of influence loss, so he can frighten some people a little bit, but he wasn't physically strong. More like a pretty pure DEX-guy at start. He built some muscle and charm later though for obvious reasons.
So he started grinding and since this is my 20:th game effort my guy knew precisely who he could take on and who he had to save for later times. I let him go on and on until he could afford better armors and little by little he grew stronger and even more agile. Finally he was fast and strong enough that charuks could not hit him anymore. He started to hunt them (and geldars) once a week with sledgehammer at that point just to build some STR, DEX & WP, and finally he could kill one with his bare hands in case he liked to. (No visits from WWF this far.) So I kinda guessed he was fit enough to try Arena - he had enough influence at that point to get there - and everything went pretty nicely thereafter, I fathom.
Today he bought and brought his first slave girl to his fully renovated house. He chose Rebecca just to see how it goes with that one and he had no problems to mention. A couple game-days later they paid a visit to Rebecca's old friend and now there's nothing to blame with her attitude.

More slaves now? Why, if I may inquire? One malicious bitch in good armor and proper attitude should suffice, methinks.
Well there IS Michelle in her nice little room - I had to take her from those guys in order to get along with Walton - but she seems to thrive there and there is no hurry to fetch her from there.
Issids? Haha, no. My MC has his faults, but he is not an idiot.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This shouldn't just be explained in a wiki :sneaky:

The game pretty much throws Juno at you and offers Rebecca for cheap, which is like a deliberate trolling effort to make the rookie player's life miserable :LOL:

The easiest to get, pretty much thrown-into-your-lap slaves are ones with Advocate and Feminist which are the ones that actively and rapidly ruin your mental well being if you wanna do slave breaking! Sure, Advocate is super useful ONCE you break them but you have to break each and every one with these traits with extreme prejudice BEFORE you can even think about bringing another slave.

You take those two in and have no way of preventing their Advocate and/or Feminist traits working. The game isn't suppose to throw the most toxic ones at you to deal with when you are in a stage you barely understand if at all what you are doing and up against with those. It shouldn't be lure you into take ones with Advocate/Feminist without actually telling you how toxic these can be and that you should immediately set everything else aside and work on breaking them ASAP.

Same deal with the academy girl but she is at the very least requires certain conditions. But Juno for example lands in your lap if you aren't careful and there you are stuck with toxic. The game should be way more helpful and hand-holdy with new-players.

By the way, it appears to be that Advocate works on your household even if the only one with unbroken advocate is fighting in the Arena. I have Aria in the arena, unbroken of course, and the willpower in my household keeps rising steadily.

I can't figure out for the life of me what increases willpower in every girl when Aria as the arena, nobody has Feminist and Rebecca is a broken in so her Advoce should be lowering willpower. And yet the willpower of all my slaves keep rising relatively rapidly. 1-2 every 2-3 days on average.
Yeah that's the problem I ran into in my previous play through. By about the end of the 3rd month I had a bunch of slaves at close to 100 willpower with at least 2 of them being advocates and probably some of them being feminists, didn't notice. It was too hard to break anyone's will at that point. In my current game I did still grab Juno right away, and it does take some time to break her, but by the end of week 2 I've got her down close to negative willpower so she should actually HELP break new slaves that I get at this point.

I'm thinking I will probably get Mai-Lynn second since she starts with an already low willpower and her gardening is at 75, so if I park her in the garden for a little while, finish breaking her will, bump her respect up to 20, she'll be ready to head off to the academy to max out her gardening skill soon and I can move on to the challenge of breaking Aria next. With Juno already negative willpower by then, she won't be working against me and I want to train physical stats anyway on my main at some point, so I'll have plenty of time to train up both Aria's and my main's physical stats at the same time as I'm working on breaking her will.

Once I've turned her into a combat monster I can send her off to the arena and move on to the next challenge which is probably Rebecca, since by then I will probably have built up some investments that Rebecca could magnify for me.

I guess another reasonable option would be to leave Juno where she is at first and pick up someone easy to train like Amilia. She could fairly quickly be trained up in domestic to the point where she's adding value as a pantry girl or a head maid. I'm pretty sure at some point I'm going to want a decent number of my slaves to have high willpower but not at first. I want their discipline bumped up to the 70-80 range first for training.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I want their discipline bumped up to the 70-80 range first for training.
How do you train discipline? Wiki says put her into riding school. Bought best equipment for Amelia, left her in riding school for 100 days and she hasn't gain a single Discipline point.

Only when she developed workaholic she started gaining it.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes