Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
Are you referring to the "grind"? ;) All the Deepthroat talk in here got me confused.
How do I put it into words.. I have spent too much time slowly breaking them that I began to fall in love with every single one of them and mold them into obedient fuck toys. I love how you detail the process through the grind. (the most eff method irl I find is not in the game though)

The grind in this game is done right for those which enjoys the process of breaking a slave.

I am hoping that you will consider to include more promiscuous sexual acts and deviancy into the grind instead if the engine allows it. Curious to see the limit and edge of your sickest imaginations. Lol
(yes I know I am sick in the head ) in fact I hope something would provoke you to unleash it as I believe you might be holding alot back due to norms, restrictions and political correctness. This game has immense potential to be a cult game with that done away unlike the rest where one just throw away when done like cum cloth. You put alot of thoughts, not only skill in coming this far. Respect your persistence after all these years. Salute.

As a person which is on the quest for the most immersive hentai before I die, this may probably be one of it. xD

Sorry English isn't my first language so pardon me if my words sounds offensive. And many thanks for makings this.

PS. Do you mind if I use the name of your game for my band? That way I can tell ppl about the game if ppl ask. Lol
Beside that, this game rocks.

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
How do I put it into words.. I have spent too much time slowly breaking them that I began to fall in love with every single one of them and mold them into obedient fuck toys. I love how you detail the process through the grind. (the most eff method irl I find is not in the game though)

The grind in this game is done right for those which enjoys the process of breaking a slave.

I am hoping that you will consider to include more promiscuous sexual acts and deviancy into the grind instead if the engine allows it. Curious to see the limit and edge of your sickest imaginations. Lol
(yes I know I am sick in the head ) in fact I hope something would provoke you to unleash it as I believe you might be holding alot back due to norms, restrictions and political correctness.

As a person which is on the quest for the most immersive hentai before I die, this may probably be one of it. xD

Sorry English isn't my first language so pardon me if my words sounds offensive. And many thanks for makings this.

PS. Do you mind if I use the name of your game for my band? That way I can tell ppl about the game if ppl ask. Lol
Beside that, this game rocks.
Oh, rest assured, both sexual content and ways of influencing your servants will be expanded upon as MoR develops. I'll try to do this without sacrificing the current pace or over-complicating things.

Haha, that would be an honor. :D But you'll have to promise me to send VIP tickets for your Europe tour. ;)

Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
Oh, rest assured, both sexual content and ways of influencing your servants will be expanded upon as MoR develops. I'll try to do this without sacrificing the current pace or over-complicating things.

Haha, that would be an honor. :D But you'll have to promise me to send VIP tickets for your Europe tour. ;)
we are just an underground indie/metal band. We can't sing for shit, we are just paid to perform in dodgy bars where owners and patrons won't even let us near their dogs..

• Haha
Reactions: Dixon Butz

lxrt56

Apr 14, 2023
Since nobody has mentioned crafting: here goes. It's a real guaranteed money maker. I created a spreadsheet to do the calculations, :sneaky:.

Realized Profit Factor = (Market Sale price - Cost of raw materiel) / Stamina.

Basically if a sword sells for $50 profit but it costs 50stamina (PF=1) and Knife sells for 25 profit but costs 10 stamina then for every 1 sword you can make and sell 5 knives.

So, the conclusions are: If you can take the Crafter perk in the creation engine then its easier but it really doesn't matter too much, you can raise blacksmithing and artisan very quickly.

• The Knife costs (1wood + 2 steel = 3+36 ~ 39 to make and sells for 80) Profit 41 for a stamina of 6 or 7. Its the BEST way to get upto the level that you need to craft the next item.

• The Rifle is the absolute beast. Cost = 2wood + 6steel + 6fast ~ $135. Sale price is 620 in Yamaha Bay or 500 in the market. Say 620. That's a profit of $485 per rifle and for 30 stamina. With 80 Stamina I can make 2 a day, and every 10 days net a gain of 9700. (It helps a lot of if you hunt down the freebooter in watery eyes: i end up going to the bay with 20 or more guns).

• The Auto Rifle is an even bigger beast. Total Profit is over $776 (2wood + 1 dura + 6 fast, and sells for 1200/1400) for 20 stamina.

• Skip the next gun and go directly to the big boy. Plasma Gun. Total Profit ~ $2000 (slightly less) for 20/30 stamina. In 20 days you can get $40,000 making a gun a day or 80,000 making 2 guns per day.

And all this from the safety of you home. Is it boring? Maybe. Is it grindy? For sure, but that's what it is. Fastest, safest way to riches. And all the raw materials are store bought. The Gun show from the Anse tutorial is good for steel till you can get Ainee (on day 40), fasterner and wood the general market. Durasteel the general market or Ainee is she's stocked.

And don't bother with the other items. The only noteworthy item in the clothing section is the Harness. Its profit (2leather + 1 fastner) is $70 for a stamina of 6/8. This item is special in the sense that the leather can be from hunting, in which case the profit rises to 106, but it requires a lot of time spent hunting for leather.

Also, DON'T read any of the books till you reach high levels, because the books give you a fixed gain whereas the game code (twine code) give s a greater chance for gains at lower levels. It's not a linear curve, but parabolic.

So when you reach 50,60 start reading the books. This is true of all books. I read the bsdm and manipulate and charm books the last: after i've got what i can (high intelligence) from the other books and the academy.

PS. I've been playing this since 0.7.9, but never tasted the paid versions :(, could any kind and generous person send a link via direct message. I'd be eternally greateful.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Since nobody has mentioned crafting: here goes. It's a real guaranteed money maker. I created a spreadsheet to do the calculations, :sneaky:.

Basically if a sword sells for $50 profit but it costs 50stamina (PF=1) and Knife sells for 25 profit but costs 10 stamina then for every 1 sword you can make and sell 5 knives.

So, the conclusions are: If you can take the Crafter perk in the creation engine then its easier but it really doesn't matter too much, you can raise blacksmithing and artisan very quickly.

• The Knife costs (1wood + 2 steel = 3+36 ~ 39 to make and sells for 80) Profit 41 for a stamina of 6 or 7. Its the BEST way to get upto the level that you need to craft the next item.

• The Rifle is the absolute beast. Cost = 2wood + 6steel + 6fast ~ $135. Sale price is 620 in Yamaha Bay or 500 in the market. Say 620. That's a profit of $485 per rifle and for 30 stamina. With 80 Stamina I can make 2 a day, and every 10 days net a gain of 9700. (It helps a lot of if you hunt down the freebooter in watery eyes: i end up going to the bay with 20 or more guns).

• The Auto Rifle is an even bigger beast. Total Profit is over $776 (2wood + 1 dura + 6 fast, and sells for 1200/1400) for 20 stamina.

• Skip the next gun and go directly to the big boy. Plasma Gun. Total Profit ~ $2000 (slightly less) for 20/30 stamina. In 20 days you can get $40,000 making a gun a day or 80,000 making 2 guns per day.

And all this from the safety of you home. Is it boring? Maybe. Is it grindy? For sure, but that's what it is. Fastest, safest way to riches. And all the raw materials are store bought. The Gun show from the Anse tutorial is good for steel till you can get Ainee (on day 40), fasterner and wood the general market. Durasteel the general market or Ainee is she's stocked.

And don't bother with the other items. The only noteworthy item in the clothing section is the Harness. Its profit (2leather + 1 fastner) is $70 for a stamina of 6/8. This item is special in the sense that the leather can be from hunting, in which case the profit rises to 106, but it requires a lot of time spent hunting for leather.

Also, DON'T read any of the books till you reach high levels, because the books give you a fixed gain whereas the game code (twine code) give s a greater chance for gains at lower levels. It's not a linear curve, but parabolic.

So when you reach 50,60 start reading the books. This is true of all books. I read the bsdm and manipulate and charm books the last: after i've got what i can (high intelligence) from the other books and the academy.

PS. I've been playing this since 0.7.9, but never tasted the paid versions :(, could any kind and generous person send a link via direct message. I'd be eternally greateful.
Thank you for that work, there's one other consideration though, some are better at increasing your smithing and artisan scores. I don't know how that fits in for sure, but it's one of the things I keep in mind. Knives are easy and cheap, but eventually you don't get much in the way of skill increases from them.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Great info. Crafting is one of the things I haven't really dug into yet but have definitely been meaning to. I've only made some daggers so far. Nice to have confirmation on skills going up faster at low levels, I thought I had read that somewhere and was already planning to grind out some skill before reading the books. Now I know for sure.

I follow a similar plan for Charm, boosting it to 85 via some combination of grinding caress with the girls and buying the +5 charm boost repeatedly at the hospital before I read the books. Manipulation I don't worry about since that seems to go up pretty fast regardless and you get a ton of it from the books anyway.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
And all this from the safety of you home. Is it boring? Maybe. Is it grindy? For sure, but that's what it is. Fastest, safest way to riches.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't really see the influence being an issue. If you spend the first 5 days doing quests and fighting stuff you've got 1500 influence and have unlocked Crystal Hills. Then you dig into the crafting. With a combat build you could kill stuff faster but the scientist start and some of the others gets an influence bonus to begin with so I think they both reach 1500 around the same time. Would take a couple of days longer if you pick a build that does not get an influence boost OR any kind of combat stats, but really a minor inconvenience. The daily random bounty is 50 influence a day and you could easily just skip it if it happens to be a hard one and you don't want to focus on combat. You can easily do this with only low tier mercs.

I would only see it being an issue if you decided to really focus exclusively on crafting and thus hire zero mercs so you have no salaries to pay. You're not going to kill much by yourself unless you're a combat build and if you're focusing on crafting you're probably not a combat build.

If you're focusing purely on the fastest path to make money you would probably also get there a bit faster if you put enough focus on combat to clear out the coil gun/assault rifle wielding enemies in town when they appear in addition to the crafting. The coil gun doesn't always drop but the Stokke Hills and Marston Avenue boss each come with a cluster of enemies that collectively gets you probably 2-3k or so even if you never get an assault rifle or coil gun to drop, and more if you do. Marston group is worth a bit less than the Stokke Hills group since there's an extra group of enemies in the Stokke Hills cluster.

The other random enemies that spawn without coil guns or assault rifles you could just ignore while focusing on the crafting. You definitely would give up making progress with the girls going with a path like this but some people might want to get the investment/house/implant upgrades out of the way first and then focus on the girls. It's certainly easier to make progress with the girls if your stats are higher, but personally I like to be working on at least 1 or 2 of the girls the whole time. So I couldn't see myself putting my full focus on crafting right from the get go.

Also I think to get the most out of it, for most builds you need to take a bit of a detour for at least a week or two to train stamina so you don't spend half of every day getting massages. It slows you down initially but it's a MASSIVE boost to your efficiency at pretty much everything after that. I would say you want at least 80 stamina before you start focusing your training on other stuff. Hot/stormy days are especially annoying until you get to that point.

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
So I couldn't see myself putting my full focus on crafting right from the get go.
But that is exactly what my argument was about :sneaky: Eh, anyway, since it put the bug in my ear already one of these days i will do the pure crafter again and see whether i did something wrong last time and can do it better this time.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
But that is exactly what my argument was about :sneaky: Eh, anyway, since it put the bug in my ear already one of these days i will do the pure crafter again and see whether i did something wrong last time and can do it better this time.
I don't think there's really a wrong way to play as long as you're making progress towards whatever it is you want to do. I think it's more a matter of whether you're using a strategy that's effective at whatever you're trying to do. Personally, I tend to get bored if I'm only focusing on 1 aspect of the game for long stretches of time. I like to mix it up and do some combat, sex, and training every day.

After trying a Magnate start I can definitely see why someone might focus exclusively on money and influence for awhile and not worry about doing anything with the slaves until they've gotten upgrades/implants/investments sorted out. It was pretty easy to drop over $500k in less than a week on upgrades/investments/implants/etc as a Magnate and that made pretty much everything a lot easier.

I've done something similar with training before, focusing exclusively on just grinding through stamina training as well as all of the classes, academics, and science books before I really start working on the girls. Then I've got that nice persuasion boost from Daria's Gift as well as some skills to actually teach the girls and enough stamina not to have to spend all day getting massages. But like an early crafting focus it does mean that after about 2 months I've done basically nothing with the girls.

The biggest issue I've noticed with crafting after playing around with it a bit today is that unless you take a starting perk for crafting or you get lucky on skill increases, you have to make a LOT of daggers before you gain enough skill to make anything else. So the money from crafting may eventually be nice but it does take awhile before the snowball really gets rolling. It took me about a month to get to where I could make swords.

I think 2 mistakes that I tend to make pretty often if I'm really focusing on 1 particular thing is to forget to boost stamina early in the game and also forget to grab a slave who meets the minimum requirement to give passive discipline increases to the rest of your slaves as head maid. That last one in particular is a big one because it allows you to passively make significant progress with all of your slaves without spending any time at all on them for extended periods of time. So you might do crafting for 2 or 3 months and then decide to start working on your slaves, at which point the ones who started at sub 30 discipline are all sitting at more like 50 without you having done anything to get them there aside from assigning someone as a head maid.

Last edited:

kandur

Jul 26, 2019
Check if your "Auto Buy Rations" setting is ON (Food section). It's the most common cause for unexplained money shortages.
I have 86 rations, and only because I sold about a few hundred. That ain't it. Auto buy is set to turn off if I have food.

kandur

Jul 26, 2019
Something is bugged here. I should not be losing money every day. It's rando amounts, too. Sometimes 30, sometimes 200. It never goes below 100 either. If it get down to around 100 it keeps fluctuating between random amounts in the 100s and 200s. According to finances, I have a steady income of $118 a day.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Something is bugged here. I should not be losing money every day. It's rando amounts, too. Sometimes 30, sometimes 200. It never goes below 100 either. If it get down to around 100 it keeps fluctuating between random amounts in the 100s and 200s. According to finances, I have a steady income of $118 a day.
I think the auto buy food option can be a bit deceptive in it's effects. If I'm not mistaken, if you have it set at a level where any food is being bought, it will buy exactly enough to keep your food stable. This would be especially bad if you have lots of slaves/mercs and have food consumption set at more than normal.

So for instance I have mine set to buy if I have less than 49 food. If I need 100 food a day and am only making 10, then it'll buy 90 food a day to keep me at 49. So it never looks like I'm running low on food but the amount I'm spending on it might fluctuate wildly based on food prices, especially if there's a famine. In my case I use Mai-Lynn as my gardener so I never need to buy food for the first several months.

You might also see issues if you take someone producing income from a job or title and use them for combat that day. I'm not sure exactly how that works but as an example if you have one of your slaves set as a gardener but then you put them in your combat party, you'll get no benefit from her as a gardner until you remove her from your combat party. I would imagine the same might be true if you do that with Rebecca when she's got the skullduggery title or with a merc who is assigned as an accountant.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
It's auto buy rations. It's somewhat bugged at the moment, it always buys regardless of whether you have it set to stop at a certain amount, and the price of food fluctuating is what's causing your losses to change. The economy tab also doesn't take the price of food into account because of the aforementioned changing prices, so you can appear to have a positive income because the food expense is hidden. The only way to stop buying food is to turn auto buy fully off, otherwise it just buys food in perpetuity.

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
After trying a Magnate start I can definitely see why someone might focus exclusively on money and influence for awhile and not worry about doing anything with the slaves until they've gotten upgrades/implants/investments sorted out. It was pretty easy to drop over $500k in less than a week on upgrades/investments/implants/etc as a Magnate and that made pretty much everything a lot easier.
There a leaked version of the game or something?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I don't think there's really a wrong way to play as long as you're making progress towards whatever it is you want to do.
I didn't say it is the wrong way. It said that is going to bore you out of your mind if you do that alone.
Personally, I tend to get bored if I'm only focusing on 1 aspect of the game for long stretches of time.
In this case i guarantee you, crafting to make all the money will not work out for you.
The biggest issue I've noticed with crafting after playing around with it a bit today is that unless you take a starting perk for crafting or you get lucky on skill increases, you have to make a LOT of daggers before you gain enough skill to make anything else. So the money from crafting may eventually be nice but it does take awhile before the snowball really gets rolling. It took me about a month to get to where I could make swords.
If you go crafting you pretty much have to choose scientist, embraced, blacksmithing/artisan +15, science +20 otherwise the already mindnumbingly boring process will take much longer :eek: And you may fail at it altogether. Because if all the books and academy lessons if you must take them, fail to raise your science to 75, you are pretty much screwed.

If set up above said way you will start with 54 science and you will be able to crack 75 with books and lessons and will start with 30/25 smithing/artisan. Which helps but not mandatory. At low skill level, skill gains in blacksmithing are noticeably faster. But just makes sense to pick since you are already go with crafting.
I think 2 mistakes that I tend to make pretty often if I'm really focusing on 1 particular thing is to forget to boost stamina early in the game and also forget to grab a slave who meets the minimum requirement to give passive discipline increases to the rest of your slaves as head maid.
The dreaded discipline rise. The lack thereof that is. Oh what a difference workaholic makes :giggle: Luckily that can be cultivated. My Amelia wasn't workaholic from the start. Got malevolent instead. Amelia the meanie :giggle:
I would imagine the same might be true if you do that with Rebecca when she's got the skullduggery title or with a merc who is assigned as an accountant.
Titles remain in affect if the slave is in your party. Gardener doesn't work because that isn't a title, it is a job.
After trying a Magnate start
I can only play the public version so no flashy fancy elite starting backgrounds for me :sneaky:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If you go crafting you pretty much have to choose scientist, embraced, blacksmithing/artisan +15, science +20 otherwise the already mindnumbingly boring process will take much longer :eek: And you may fail at it altogether. Because if all the books and academy lessons if you must take them, fail to raise your science to 75, you are pretty much screwed.

If set up above said way you will start with 54 science and you will be able to crack 75 with books and lessons and will start with 30/25 smithing/artisan. Which helps but not mandatory. At low skill level, skill gains in blacksmithing are noticeably faster. But just makes sense to pick since you are already go with crafting.
Yeah I did a scientist start, but I did not take the crafting perk. I took Attractive. So I can easily boost my science to more than 100 with books and classes but it took me a month to boost my artisan/blacksmithing from 10/15 up to where I could make swords and crossbows and about another month to get to where I could make pistols. The timeline is a bit muddied for pistols since once I trained my stamina up to 80 I started taking the academy classes. So for about a week or so near the end of the month I could have been making more crossbows than I was if I had not been taking academy classes.

I haven't read the crafting books yet. Was planning to wait til I got my artisan/blacksmith skill up around 50-60 first since it sounds like you get faster skill gains prior to that via crafting. The book gains are easy and it makes sense to pump intelligence up around 100 first to max out the book gains first.

I probably could have gained artisan/crafting skill a bit faster if I had not been training stamina every day up to 80, but long term the stamina is guaranteed to pay off so I think it's worth it. I've also been keeping the town clear of enemies but have had absolutely horrible luck on drops. Zero coil gun drops for 3 months and very few assault rifles or rifles. Bounty luck was pretty bad as well. I actually got 3 plasma guns before I got my first coil gun and all 3 of them were from the hardest bounty (the first of which was really painful when I only had rifles on everyone but Ayden, and Ayden was the only one with duraplate). I've also been doing the arena fight twice a day but I didn't bother putting a slave in there. I haven't found that to be profitable for anyone other than Aria.

I made a small amount of progress with my slaves until I wound up with my first 3 slaves being both advocates AND feminists so I gave up on them until I finish my academy classes and books. I do have Mai-Lynn as my gardener/head maid so at least I have tons of food production and some free discipline being handed out to all the slaves I'm ignoring, and now that I'm making pistols I finally scrounged up enough money to get the aim implant and duraplate for everyone.

I probably should have skipped hiring 1 or 2 of the mercs I ended up with but I was thinking Aiko would make a good janitor with her stats once I replaced her for combat. Unless I'm missing something though, Janitor seems like a pretty worthless job. No matter who I put in that role it has no effect on my maintenance. Just gives an inconsequential influence boost. So all of the mercs I'm not using for combat are scavengers. I haven't worked on relationships with any of my mercs yet so I can't make any of them whores yet, and from what I understand that isn't profitable anyway. Just kind of an amusing option.

I use massages to pump my stamina up enough to be able to fight/quest/craft/whatever right up until just before 8am every day so I'm only sleeping for 30 mins or less every day. At first, that was a LOT of massages. At 80 stamina I only need them when it's hot or stormy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

lxrt56

Apr 14, 2023
My dudes, crafting's real treat is when its combined with hunting and ranged. Hire Ansel, Peasant, Loren and Savant. Savant's always last: because he's a sure shot. Another good start is to get doyle as 1st merc in around day 4-5.

Start training ranged 2 points everyday with trainer. Start doing bounties: but only 3 danger or less. When you don't get a bounty start crafting or hunting with the pack. I've seen the hunting code: Having knife ads 1 to skin, rifle and shotgun don't add anything. Meat is great with crossbow and rifle, not so much with shotgun. Hunting in had weather imposes penalty, as does using crossbows.

Once you reached 80 ranged around 25 days, start training stamina 2 days at a time to reach 80. All with trainer. By this time you'll have around 20k if you did everything right and luck favours you. Or you could train stamina and ranged each 1 point daily, with trainer. Ranged 2 points cost is 190 and stamina 180.

Nobody's mentioned this but you can train your mercs. If you train Ansel and get his intelligence up to 60 he collects 16 merch everyday, which pays off his salary (16*4-10(food)) and some. I trained Bud Walton upto 80 ranged: put walton 2 or 3rd.
Don't train the peasant ( i hate his look, damm that hilly-billy beard), he'll ask for more money. Loren's ranged never wants to go up. Boink her by demanding, and then assign as whore for $40 daily - i never do this. This is mean considering her back story. I let her go after a while. 75 health is too damm low.

Damm GD: you nerfed gambling big time. It was netting $500 daily in the fury with anything over 100-120 gambling. This was my goto skill as it requires NO stamina to make money and as you're already there in the tavern, just a few additional clicks.
On Poker in dockgrave:

<<set $myhand to random(50, 750)>>
Dude.... you're setting my 1st draw of cards randomly without and gambling skill check !?

then for adpos 3

<if $gambling lte 29>><<set $myhand-=15>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 40>><<set $myhand+=15>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 60>><<set $myhand+=10>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 80>><<set $myhand+=either(5, 15, 15, 25, 25, 45)>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 100>><<set $myhand+=either(10, 15, 15, 25, 25, 55)>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 130>><<set $myhand+=20>><</if>> f

or for adpos 4
<<if $gambling gte 40>><<set $myhand+=15>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 60>><<set $myhand+=20>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 80>><<set $myhand+=15>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 100>><<set $myhand+=15>><</if>>
<<if $gambling gte 130>><<set $myhand+=15>><</if>>

+= means add this to orginal. Read the above and tell me if it makes sense. I'm penalized for having gambling over 130 and randomized for 80-130, but rewarded for 40-60. I guess the codes trying to make life easier for the weak player, but as he gets stronger ......:( Not taking gambling again. Nowhere else was gambling mentioned in the pooker game. Also darts use your ranged skill and intelligence, and not gambling.

Of course, I might be reading it totally wrong, in which case my apologies. But I came accross a lot of code like this, where its overly complicated and skillups are given in a convoluted manner. Its prolonging the grind, not to mention its counter-intuitive to the player.

To the guy who said crafting is a lot of clicks: :LOL: Have you counted the number of clicks for a bounty? Or the fights? Or even the Assembly plant. (Why couldn't it have been like those ren'py games that you click once? Hours pass with the outcome in the end.)

khumak said:
After trying a Magnate start
I can only play the public version so no flashy fancy elite starting backgrounds for me :sneaky:

sugarcube.state.active.variables.cash=1000000

Trust me, makes the game super boring.

The only reason I wanted to play the paid version (as i said my prior post, if someone was kind enought to oblige) was the sugary tongue...I can't cheat on that, it feels like real cheating, all slimy. :p

To any new players: max out intelligence(used everywhere) and charm(say hello to papa bear) - everything else is secondary. Before slave traits and other changes (around 0.8.2. or even before) manipulate was a great way to break the will - now you must charm them first of face consequence. I'm scared to use manip - gets to abhorred and then venom real fast. Scary.

A gripe I have is shotguns are useless: gets a penalty in everything. Hunting, fighting you name it. Even with 80 ranged I miss. This should change to >> High ranged + close distance = 35/40 damage. Be an amazing game style, ranged + melee. Hit with power katana or shotgun. As it stands now everyone get the rifle and then the big guns. Same for melee, straight up power katana, and nobody's bothering with melee.

I'd also change shotgun to pistol for hunting and a range skill up if kill with pistol.

This game is now showing its age: the legacy code and framework (little things like bathing, fishing - I LOVED fishing a year back, was a real rush to get 20 food when there was no hunting) have no place is this greatly expanded version. It's getting more and more complicated and GD promises to make it moreso as the year progresses - I commend him and those who play, personally its getting a big exhausting IRL. :oops: I'm a min-maxer, if that wan'st evident.:giggle: I've had a LOT of fun playing this the whole of last year. (y) And the music in this game is the real MVP, sets the mood. Good stuff guys.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Nobody's mentioned this but you can train your mercs. If you train Ansel and get his intelligence up to 60 he collects 16 merch everyday, which pays off his salary (16*4-10(food)) and some. I trained Bud Walton upto 80 ranged: put walton 2 or 3rd.
I've actually been meaning to try training up the low tier mercs one of these days and still haven't gotten around to it. Bud is definitely sorely in need of some ranged training. In my games he takes like 6 months to get above 60 just from combat.

Reactions: Saburo. M
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes