tsap

Apr 19, 2019
This game was bloody perfect when it was just 2 slaves ...
THIS!

... and mercs were mercs, I'd add.

Issids could hypothetically still be saved or at least their handling improved with the incoming new party-engine, I suppose. NOT that I'd hold my breath waiting for that to happen. The dev isn't called GrimDark for nothing. :rolleyes:

Reactions: lxrt56

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I wish you could do the same with the slave girls. As it stands now, prostitution framework is bad. The income is very low for the damage it causes. I couldn't sustain the business beyond 6/7 days: too much wear and tear and loss of happiness. And the girls with vanilla traits, kept losing corruption. There should be an option to trun off the trait system.

This game was bloody perfect when it was just 2 slaves - you could have you fill and then sell them. Too much babysitting: with the merc, the slaves, the academy, the poker game. As of 814 only hunting and shooting are free from any recuring payments or penalties.
I got the feeling that you're not really supposed to keep the girls on permanent prostitution duty but rotate them through jobs that don't involve sex to give them a break some of the time. I haven't really dug into the prostitution part of the game yet though. Same thing for assigning a girl as a floor crawler. I've definitely noticed that if I'm fucking the same girl every day, especially with high stamina that eventually I'll have to skip a day or two with her and work on a different girl.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I wish you could do the same with the slave girls. As it stands now, prostitution framework is bad. The income is very low for the damage it causes. I couldn't sustain the business beyond 6/7 days: too much wear and tear and loss of happiness. And the girls with vanilla traits, kept losing corruption. There should be an option to trun off the trait system.

This game was bloody perfect when it was just 2 slaves - you could have you fill and then sell them. Too much babysitting: with the merc, the slaves, the academy, the poker game. As of 814 only hunting and shooting are free from any recuring payments or penalties.
I agree the wear system has gotten out of whack. I don't often run prostitutes on consecutive days, never when there's much (if any) red in their examination and as of recently noticed all my girls from my Magnate run were 'wizard's sleeve' and 'slack.' That's from maybe a year or two as a prostitute. The young human body is more resilient than that, and there ought to be some 'wear tendstims' we could use to tighten those sluts back up. If a tendstim can close a bullet hole, it ought to be able to re-tighten a fuckhole!

Reactions: lxrt56

lxrt56

Apr 14, 2023
All Mercs are natural gifted in one way or another. So higher Intel or Education doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Ansel @ 60 intelli collects 16 merch everyday. 16*4(price of merch)=62-18-10= +36 Cost of keeping him.
Peasant @ 50 intelli collects 8 merch everyday. 8*4-22-10= +0 Cost of keeping him
Loren collects 1 a day and @ 50 inteli 2. So total of around 25 merch everyday which is $100 which covers their cost of 82 and with upgrade garden and garden tools you get +2 food. So +100-82+10= +28 from day 3. Earn whatever on paid training, never train unpaid.

You need YOUR skill gte (greater than or equal to) the merc's skill to train them. Funnily enough it says that the big boy mercs will level you up if you train with them: but you can't train with them as your skill level is lower than their. :whistle:

There was a feature ("bug") that if you had Ansel + Peasant + Loren in scavenger mode they'd collect 30.06 ammunition. Around 20-25 everday. This was before 814. Someone patched it. :mad: I'd get all 3 on day 1 and set them on scavenge mode.. and with every 1,2 points intel for peasent the ammo collection went up. I've never bought ammo before 814. I was 3500 or so ammo, and this worked with 30.06 only.

Kinda similar to what happened with gambling @ fury's. Very low output, randomized. Its almost like someone wants you to keep grinding - so you maybe get frustrated and cough up some doughnuts. :unsure:

I don't want to seem to be hating on this game: I'm just bitching. The work grimdog has put into it is astounding.

Personal Opinion. I don't hire the issids - children in a p-game turned me off big time.

Reactions: tsap

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It is imperative to spend the time with him to gain that +5 accuracy. It doesn't go away on a daily basis, so once you have it it will remain for a while and then always fight in a way he gets a shot. Skip others so he would be getting a shot- Don't give coilgun to him, coil has a high recoil which lowers accu. So either stick with sniper or go with plasma.

Plus training sure does help.

I'm on a melee build while keeping Bud with a big gun. I like to hunt down feral charuks since having that 2000 hp of theirs means plenty of hits needed. Plenty of hits means plenty chance for criticals that increases skill. Usually when i visit the bay to sell guns i kill the two charuks as well.

With duraplate charuks usually won't be a threat, only if they really single out one person and only if that person has 75 or less HP. Otherwise it's just several skill level increase across the board from one fight.
Ok I have to admit that after getting Bud's attention whore thing up to 10/10 he does hit more often. He's still not a good shot but he's no longer a terrible one. Getting it to 10 is a bit annoying but keeping it there isn't that time consuming. Should be less of an issue if he gets tweaked so that carousing in Dockgraves counts.

Dexter is kind of growing on me as well despite his insistence on using that pistol. He seems to crit pretty often for high damage and he's already a decent shot, albeit without the rifle aim bonus. His slightly higher health is also nice.

I do find that I still need 1 top tier merc after the first week though unless I'm just going to skip the tier 5 bounties. Bud, Dexter, and Doyle just don't have the damage to take on the toughest bounties unless I have 2 people with plasma caliber damage who never miss. My main can fill one slot with the aim implant. Need a top tier merc for the other until Bud gets up to more like 100 Ranged.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I do find that I still need 1 top tier merc after the first week though unless I'm just going to skip the tier 5 bounties.
This is true, i simply don't do top tier bounties at that stage. I'm not a speed runnier myself so i don't enjoy and thus do not pursue the idea of being able to do everything and be done with everything within a month or so. So i simply follow a casual path and bother with stuff much later on if it isn't convenient to do so earlier. I have no problem running around without a single slave for months for example.

Reactions: JaxMan and tsap

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This is true, i simply don't do top tier bounties at that stage. I'm not a speed runnier myself so i don't enjoy and thus do not pursue the idea of being able to do everything and be done with everything within a month or so. So i simply follow a casual path and bother with stuff much later on if it isn't convenient to do so earlier. I have no problem running around without a single slave for months for example.
Yeah I've done that as well just keeping 1 or 2 slaves for months at a time. I'm thinking it would probably be more efficient to grab a qualified head maid and buy up all the slaves who have less than 50 discipline though and just let my head maid whip them in to shape while I focus on whatever for 6 months or something. Then when I get to slave training they're already disciplined. It could still get annoying if they're all advocates and/or feminists though when it comes time to train them. One of my recent games almost every slave was both an advocate and a feminist. Very annoying.

There's actually 2 different tier 5 bounties from what I've noticed. 1 of them is a lone plasma wielding guy in duraplate who would actually be doable with an all low tier squad but you'd take heavy damage and probably lose people during the fight. I found that it takes about 4 rounds to take down a guy in duraplate with nothing but rifles assuming a less than 100% hit rate. Eating 3 rounds worth of plasma blasts is not good unless everyone has duraplate and more than 100 health.

The other tier 5 bounty I would consider impossible with only rifles though, at least with most of your guys only having 75 health.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe if I want to try keeping the low tier mercs longer I should actually start as a combat build and train them up to 80ish ranged instead of waiting months for them to randomly gain pts...

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Yeah I've done that as well just keeping 1 or 2 slaves for months at a time. I'm thinking it would probably be more efficient to grab a qualified head maid and buy up all the slaves who have less than 50 discipline though and just let my head maid whip them in to shape while I focus on whatever for 6 months or something. Then when I get to slave training they're already disciplined.
I was obsessed with the idea of Amelia being the headmaid for whatever reason and just slogging through the discipline training so she could get that 60. Only recently i just managed to figure out that maaaaybe i should just start with someone else whom all seemingly have 60+ discipline and put that one in as Headmaid and then get Amelia, see that discipline hit 60, and switch. Genius! :HideThePain:

It could still get annoying if they're all advocates and/or feminists though when it comes time to train them.
If all of them has it that sucks. Pretty much makes it so you have to throw everything else and focus on whipping them into desired levels. One isn't always in the mood for that. I don't even like if there are two at the same time until one is at the desired willpower/corruption level.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I was obsessed with the idea of Amelia being the headmaid for whatever reason and just slogging through the discipline training so she could get that 60. Only recently i just managed to figure out that maaaaybe i should just start with someone else whom all seemingly have 60+ discipline and put that one in as Headmaid and then get Amelia, see that discipline hit 60, and switch. Genius! :HideThePain:
Yeah I did the same thing with Amelia at first and came to the same conclusion. I use Mai-Lynn as head maid initially now. Gets my discipline training up and running and also gets me started on a completely maxed out gardener really early. She starts with really low willpower too which is nice. Too bad all her sex stuff is still WIP though. Hopefully that will change soon.

Reactions: Saburo. M

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
How often does the wiki get updated? Some parts haven't been updated since February 2nd.
Actually, each page has it's own counter so if you update one the main one will still stay it was updated in February. There were updates to it just recently, here and there. For example 'Available Slaves' were updated on April 12.

So it really depends.

Reactions: Saburo. M

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Some of the random trait combos that the girls can get are pretty amusing. In my current game Rebecca is both Frigid and a Nympho. How does that work?

Reactions: Dixon Butz

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think there may be a bug involving sleep where sometimes it skips an entire 24 hours when you sleep instead of just sleeping til morning.

From what I've noticed, most of the time as long as you go to sleep before 8am the day it shows when you look at your character's profile advances to the next day at midnight and then when you sleep it does not advance. That's the way it should work. The next day starts at midnight.

But some of the time the day advances at midnight, you sleep before 8am and the day advances again so you've lost an entire day. I don't know what triggers it. Some times I've had it trigger like that frequently, other times rarely.

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
Babysitting? Huh? My mercs, oh, issids, work fine even if I dont hang out with them every day. I'd say they are a huge improvement over the old system. Great background stories & events. Plus you can change their gear and train their skills.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I think there may be a bug involving sleep where sometimes it skips an entire 24 hours when you sleep instead of just sleeping til morning.

From what I've noticed, most of the time as long as you go to sleep before 8am the day it shows when you look at your character's profile advances to the next day at midnight and then when you sleep it does not advance. That's the way it should work. The next day starts at midnight.

But some of the time the day advances at midnight, you sleep before 8am and the day advances again so you've lost an entire day. I don't know what triggers it. Some times I've had it trigger like that frequently, other times rarely.
Yes, that's been around for a while, since I started playing this game. I always try to get to bed before 7 AM so as to ensure I don't lose a day, 6 AM if I have a morning blowjob coming. It doesn't seem to trigger all the time, I don't know what causes it.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, that's been around for a while, since I started playing this game. I always try to get to bed before 7 AM so as to ensure I don't lose a day, 6 AM if I have a morning blowjob coming. It doesn't seem to trigger all the time, I don't know what causes it.
Some of the time this might just be an inadvertent double click on the sleep button. I think that happens to me on rare occasions when exiting a shop, making it seem like I'm teleporting home for some reason. I'm 100% certain that this is not always the cause for the sleep issue though. It could be some of the time though. I've had some instances where I happened to save just before sleeping and had it reliably advance the day when it shouldn't have so that can't be a double click issue every time.

I'll try planning for sleep at more like 6am and see if that helps. Some of the time I was going to bed between 7:30 and 8am which is cutting it a bit close. I could see how that might trigger issues if you had morning blowjobs enabled, but I have definitely had this happen in the first few days when I don't have anyone assigned to morning blowjobs yet.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Some of the time this might just be an inadvertent double click on the sleep button. I think that happens to me on rare occasions when exiting a shop, making it seem like I'm teleporting home for some reason. I'm 100% certain that this is not always the cause for the sleep issue though. It could be some of the time though. I've had some instances where I happened to save just before sleeping and had it reliably advance the day when it shouldn't have so that can't be a double click issue every time.

I'll try planning for sleep at more like 6am and see if that helps. Some of the time I was going to bed between 7:30 and 8am which is cutting it a bit close. I could see how that might trigger issues if you had morning blowjobs enabled, but I have definitely had this happen in the first few days when I don't have anyone assigned to morning blowjobs yet.
No, this isn't a clicking issue, it's dependent upon what time you go to bed. I find before 7AM to be perfectly safe, maybe even 7AM itself, but I've not tried that lately. I figure if I spend all night at Furry's or Dockgraves and don't get home in time that I probably deserve to lose a day, especially since I know how to prevent it.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes