Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
In my games he takes like 6 months to get above 60 just from combat.
It is imperative to spend the time with him to gain that +5 accuracy. It doesn't go away on a daily basis, so once you have it it will remain for a while and then always fight in a way he gets a shot. Skip others so he would be getting a shot- Don't give coilgun to him, coil has a high recoil which lowers accu. So either stick with sniper or go with plasma.

Plus training sure does help.

I'm on a melee build while keeping Bud with a big gun. I like to hunt down feral charuks since having that 2000 hp of theirs means plenty of hits needed. Plenty of hits means plenty chance for criticals that increases skill. Usually when i visit the bay to sell guns i kill the two charuks as well.

With duraplate charuks usually won't be a threat, only if they really single out one person and only if that person has 75 or less HP. Otherwise it's just several skill level increase across the board from one fight.

Last edited:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
It is imperative to spend the time with him to gain that +5 accuracy. It doesn't go away on a daily basis, so once you have it it will remain for a while and then always fight in a way he gets a shot. Skip others so he would be getting a shot- Don't give coilgun to him, coil has a high recoil which lowers accu. So either stick with sniper or go with plasma.

Plus training sure does help.

I'm on a melee build while keeping Bud with a big gun. I like to hunt down feral charuks since having that 2000 hp of theirs means plenty of hits needed. Plenty of hits means plenty chance for criticals that increases skill. Usually when i visit the bay to sell guns i kill the two charuks as well.

With duraplate charuks usually won't be a threat, only if they really single out one person and only if that person has 75 or less HP. Otherwise it's just several skill level increase across the board from one fight.
Charuks - and not only the feral ones - have been my faves from the days they appeared in the game. I am not hunting them so much for their tail-meat any more, tasty as it supposedly is and evidently plentiful, nor even their donations to my slave girls' skills either, despite they definitely improve almost every time there. I kill them to get my MC stronger, more agile and strong willed. It is amusing and mildly shocking to witness the amount of STR, WP & DEX those supposedly innocent beings can bring to my deranged MC.

Also the type of armor seems to be irrelevant there when the charuks miss by an inch every single time. I might be in error with this, naturally, since I am aware of my reckless habits and lacking sophistication. I dropped assids (asinine issids) all together after I briefly met with them in the legendary 0.8.1.1 game version. I liked mercs a lot earlier, I might mention. When they turned into assids those seem to crave tons of personal attention, training and almost constant entertainment from my MC, I have let them stay where ever they might find themselves.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Also the type of armor seems to be irrelevant there when the charuks miss by an inch every single time. I might be in error with this, naturally
I can assure you, Charuks do hit :geek: Of course if you maxed out DEX then armor in fact works against you but i never bothered with DEX and put my vote on heavy armor. More costly approach but meh!

But the point is. They do hit.

By the way. Where can you encounter non-feral ones? :unsure: I'm new.

Reactions: tsap

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
I can assure you, Charuks do hit :geek: Of course if you maxed out DEX then armor in fact works against you but i never bothered with DEX and put my vote on heavy armor. More costly approach but meh!

But the point is. They do hit.

By the way. Where can you encounter non-feral ones? :unsure: I'm new.
Oh, in case they hit Your MC and those other good folks in your team, you still have lots to gain from meetings with those things, I suppose.
I assure YOU they don't (anymore) hit my MC or his own, totally regardless from their armor or the total lack of it. They have been there often enough and dutifully done their thing first with armor on and finally without - just to see what effect that might have on charuks or the pack mules. :eek:
'Non feral charuk' is the other one that hasn't met with that previous little accident the feral one has - and supposedly caused his anger as I imagine. Only GD knows, but I can still assume and make some leaps of faith. :)

Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
All my slaves are college professors. All I do is pick fights dur the day and hump like a rabbit at nights and first thing in the morning now.

Life is good in the kingdom of Raana.

Raana okoku banzai!

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
It's auto buy rations. It's somewhat bugged at the moment, it always buys regardless of whether you have it set to stop at a certain amount, and the price of food fluctuating is what's causing your losses to change. The economy tab also doesn't take the price of food into account because of the aforementioned changing prices, so you can appear to have a positive income because the food expense is hidden. The only way to stop buying food is to turn auto buy fully off, otherwise it just buys food in perpetuity.
Just a tidbit: I've never or rarely used "auto-buy". On harder modes highly unpredictable, & early on very important to have exactly predictable income. Later on---when full or nearly full house---buying food can be *HUGE* expense!
If u have any doubts, turn auto-ANYTHING OFF, & try it for a few weeks.
Make sure to check food useage for everybody, & make sure it's set to "normal" or less.

Part of this is a management game, & early on very important to manage finances carefully.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Charuks - and not only the feral ones - have been my faves from the days they appeared in the game. I am not hunting them so much for their tail-meat any more, tasty as it supposedly is and evidently plentiful, nor even their donations to my slave girls' skills either, despite they definitely improve almost every time there. I kill them to get my MC stronger, more agile and strong willed. It is amusing and mildly shocking to witness the amount of STR, WP & DEX those supposedly innocent beings can bring to my deranged MC.

Also the type of armor seems to be irrelevant there when the charuks miss by an inch every single time. I might be in error with this, naturally, since I am aware of my reckless habits and lacking sophistication. I dropped assids (asinine issids) all together after I briefly met with them in the legendary 0.8.1.1 game version. I liked mercs a lot earlier, I might mention. When they turned into assids those seem to crave tons of personal attention, training and almost constant entertainment from my MC, I have let them stay where ever they might find themselves.
And now I have to try a combat build again and try training up my low tier mercs. One of these days I'll play for more than a few days without starting over... :)

Speaking of merc training... Does anyone know what the "student" job does for mercs? I haven't seen any info on it. Does that boost their int/education?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020
Are you referring to the "grind"? ;) All the Deepthroat talk in here got me confused.
I was trying to be serious on the latter point. I even had an actual argument in my head initially but at some point completely forgot it and had to go sit in the corner for a while and calm down.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
And now I have to try a combat build again and try training up my low tier mercs. One of these days I'll play for more than a few days without starting over... :)

Speaking of merc training... Does anyone know what the "student" job does for mercs? I haven't seen any info on it. Does that boost their int/education?
Yes, it increases int or education or if crit both.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Better question is what the hell does either stat do? One of them is SUPPOSED to increase the amount they can Scavenge but that doesn't work.
Yeah I'm kind of wondering how much of an impact some of the mercs (as well as the 2 kids) can have on some of the other merc jobs like scavenger/janitor/etc with boosted stats. I decided to put 5 people on the "study" job for now and see what happens. It's somewhat expensive in the early game, costing me what appears to be slightly over $70 per day per person (which is several times each of their salaries). So far no stat increases. Will see if it's worth doing soon enough I guess. Normally I would just have all of those people on scavenger duty. I didn't bother putting Rifle Savant on study since it looks like he gets a 95% penalty for that and costs more to enroll on top of that. So I guess he'll just be permanently on scavenger duty.

Oddly enough, based on the wiki's description for how the different jobs work, Rifle Savant should be the worst at Janitor, but he actually gives me more influence as a janitor than anyone else I have. What I really want from that job is a maintenance cost reduction though. But none of my mercs give any benefit at all for that from what I could tell. I don't care about a few extra influence per day.

I'm planning to try boosting my relationship status with all my mercs on this play through and also working on sexing up Loren and Aiko to see how that works as well as using floor crawlers to see what happens when the guys have their corruption boosted if anything. Basically the plan is to try and unlock all of the quests for everyone and complete them before I move on to hiring/buying new people after the initial rush in the first week.

It sounds like an upcoming version is going to change it so that carousing at Dockgraves will count as "spending time" with Bud, which will be nice if true. Currently that doesn't work. It does make him happy but does not count as spending time with him for his attention whore trait. It would also be nice if maybe he started getting more interested in the floor crawlers spending time with him at high corruption and less interested in spending time with MC. That would make him more fun to play with once you got a floor crawler or two to welcome him home at night.

Edit: So from what I can tell the "study" job for mercs is definitely not worth it early on. After a week of having 5 people doing that, none of them has gained anything and the cost is equivalent to hiring a top tier merc. I suspect you're probably better off training each merc personally after boosting the MC's stats high enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Yeah I'm kind of wondering how much of an impact some of the mercs (as well as the 2 kids) can have on some of the other merc jobs like scavenger/janitor/etc with boosted stats. I decided to put 5 people on the "study" job for now and see what happens. It's somewhat expensive in the early game, costing me what appears to be slightly over $70 per day per person (which is several times each of their salaries). Will so far no stat increases. Will see if it's worth doing soon enough I guess. Normally I would just have all of those people on scavenger duty. I didn't bother putting Rifle Savant on study since it looks like he gets a 95% penalty for that and costs more to enroll on top of that. So I guess he'll just be permanently on scavenger duty.

Oddly enough, based on the wiki's description for how the different jobs work, Rifle Savant should be the worst at Janitor, but he actually gives me more influence as a janitor than anyone else I have. What I really want from that job is a maintenance cost reduction though. But none of my mercs give any benefit at all for that from what I could tell. I don't care about a few extra influence per day.

I'm planning to try boosting my relationship status with all my mercs on this play through and also working on sexing up Loren and Aiko to see how that works as well as using floor crawlers to see what happens when the guys have their corruption boosted if anything. Basically the plan is to try and unlock all of the quests for everyone and complete them before I move on to hiring/buying new people after the initial rush in the first week.

It sounds like an upcoming version is going to change it so that carousing at Dockgraves will count as "spending time" with Bud, which will be nice if true. Currently that doesn't work. It does make him happy but does not count as spending time with him for his attention whore trait. It would also be nice if maybe he started getting more interested in the floor crawlers spending time with him at high corruption and less interested in spending time with MC. That would make him more fun to play with once you got a floor crawler or two to welcome him home at night.

Edit: So from what I can tell the "study" job for mercs is definitely not worth it early on. After a week of having 5 people doing that, none of them has gained anything and the cost is equivalent to hiring a top tier merc. I suspect you're probably better off training each merc personally after boosting the MC's stats high enough.
Kinda sad I was hoping to give the kids and Rifle Savant an education and make them useful but yeah unfortunately it seems like a waste.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Better question is what the hell does either stat do? One of them is SUPPOSED to increase the amount they can Scavenge but that doesn't work.
Well, with higher int and education they can be accountants. I assigned Michelle's friend, Andriene I think, as accountant as she had a good int and education level and it increased my income. So, if you train the kids enough assign duty as accountants.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Kinda sad I was hoping to give the kids and Rifle Savant an education and make them useful but yeah unfortunately it seems like a waste.
It must work with Adrienne though, before I realized I could whore her out to all and sundry I had her as student for a long while and she's now at 70 INT and 90 Education.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Well, with higher int and education they can be accountants. I assigned Michelle's friend, Andriene I think, as accountant as she had a good int and education level and it increased my income. So, if you train the kids enough assign duty as accountants.
How much does she help financially as an accountant? She makes me 45 a day doing what she was designed for.

A fine piece of ass is a terrible thing to waste.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FSDL and Saburo. M

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I just hire the guy from the bank for the accountant job and yeah that one does seem to be worth it, at least once you have a decent amount of passive income for him to boost. If you don't have any investments then he doesn't really do anything as an accountant.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
How much does she help financially as an accountant? She makes me 45 a day doing what she was designed for.

A fine piece of ass is a terrible thing to waste.
Not that much, but I don't have much income in that game. Plus I was wrong her int and education isn't all that. Maybe the amount increases if int and education increase. I don't pimp her out.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Not that much, but I don't have much income in that game. Plus I was wrong her int and education isn't all that. Maybe the amount increases if int and education increase. I don't pimp her out.
I've run out of surplus, I was delighted to discover I could whore out Loren, Enya and cute little Adrienne and boost my income by at least 135/day.

lxrt56

Apr 14, 2023
I've run out of surplus, I was delighted to discover I could whore out Loren, Enya and cute little Adrienne and boost my income by at least 135/day.
I wish you could do the same with the slave girls. As it stands now, prostitution framework is bad. The income is very low for the damage it causes. I couldn't sustain the business beyond 6/7 days: too much wear and tear and loss of happiness. And the girls with vanilla traits, kept losing corruption. There should be an option to trun off the trait system.

This game was bloody perfect when it was just 2 slaves - you could have you fill and then sell them. Too much babysitting: with the merc, the slaves, the academy, the poker game. As of 814 only hunting and shooting are free from any recuring payments or penalties.

Reactions: Dixon Butz and tsap
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes