khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
No, this isn't a clicking issue, it's dependent upon what time you go to bed. I find before 7AM to be perfectly safe, maybe even 7AM itself, but I've not tried that lately. I figure if I spend all night at Furry's or Dockgraves and don't get home in time that I probably deserve to lose a day, especially since I know how to prevent it.
Yeah anything before 7am seems to be safe from what I've noticed playing today. I haven't had even one instance so far of it skipping a day and I checked every day for a month to make sure. So it seems to be between 7 and 8am where it's a potential issue. Sometimes it's fine. Sometimes it's not.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This is true, i simply don't do top tier bounties at that stage. I'm not a speed runnier myself so i don't enjoy and thus do not pursue the idea of being able to do everything and be done with everything within a month or so. So i simply follow a casual path and bother with stuff much later on if it isn't convenient to do so earlier. I have no problem running around without a single slave for months for example.
I gave the low to mid tier mercs another shot and tried restricting myself to no high tier mercs on my current playthrough and it's mostly ok if I don't fight any tier 5 bounties except that I still find that anyone with less than 150 health gets taken down unacceptably often unless you save scum or restrict yourself to only fights where nothing has better than a rifle. I'm running with Bud, Dexter, Doyle, and Aiko.

From what I've noticed, a plasma gun crit can 1 shot someone with 75-100 health in anything less than duraplate. With duraplate someone with 75 health can still be taken down with 2 crits by anything stronger than a rifle and 3 with a rifle. So unless everyone has at least 150 health you pretty much have to be able to guarantee that no difficult fight ever lasts longer than 2 rounds or you're going to be losing people. Melee is a bit wierd since it seems like it can crit for high damage even against decent armor but frequently does almost nothing if not a crit.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by Bud in my current playthrough. I made sure to grab him on day 2, max out his attention whore thing and keep it maxed, and he critted his way to 70 aim in slightly over a month with zero training. That is WAY better progress than I've ever seen from him before. I think if you start with a combat build and actually train him up to more like 80 right away he could actually get to where he can use something better than a rifle within a reasonable time. The problem is he still only has 75 health.

I think the idea of building up the low to mid tier mercs would be interesting if there was a way to boost their health, but otherwise I can't really see it being viable unless you have at least 3-4 people using plasma guns, which means you're paying for ammo on all but 1 of them. Bud and Dexter could make an interesting long term option if you could convince Dexter to get rid of that pistol.

Personally, I think we need a way to train health by 25 points twice on all of the mercs. I would offset that by reducing health by maybe 25 pts on Doyle and the top tiers. So they'd start at 125 but you could eventually boost them to 175. The more interesting option to me though would be that you could then boost Dexter to 150, the 75 health mercs to 125, and even get Rifle Savant up to 75 if you wanted. That would make the low to mid tiers MUCH more interesting as a mid to long term option. Implants for mercs would be another option.

Reactions: KreeperDookie

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah anything before 7am seems to be safe from what I've noticed playing today. I haven't had even one instance so far of it skipping a day and I checked every day for a month to make sure. So it seems to be between 7 and 8am where it's a potential issue. Sometimes it's fine. Sometimes it's not.
Incidentally, you're right about the new, improved Stealth Armor. I bought a set for Rachael and have sent her out on many clearings of Stokke Hills and she hasn't taken a single shot.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Incidentally, you're right about the new, improved Stealth Armor. I bought a set for Rachael and have sent her out on many clearings of Stokke Hills and she hasn't taken a single shot.
Yeah it's pretty nice. It's expensive so I buy a suit of combat armor for the slaves to share in the first week for the easy fights (usually that's actually my first suit of armor I buy). I don't upgrade it to the stealth suit until sometime soon after day 25 when I have the aim implant, duraplate for me and all my mercs, Mai-Lynn, and Aria. Then I work on house upgrades and getting a stealth suit for my slaves since by then there are not that many easy fights to take the slaves on so I would rather just take a slave with me on all of my fights when I'm training up respect on someone.

I find that if I take Ayden at the end of week 1 I can get away with just leather armor on me and my mercs the first week and upgrade directly to duraplate. Usually I have enough by the end of week 1 or early in week 2 for a suit of duraplate on both me and Bud. Dexter gets one in week 3. Doyle usually doesn't get one til after I have Aria unless I get lucky on gun drops, but with 150 health he can take a few hits without an armor upgrade. I also prioritize a health implant on MC soon after that in case I have bad luck in a tough fight. After that I can finally focus on making investments to build up my passive income.

The market for stims seems to have changed a bit in the most recent version too. If you're patient you can sometimes find stims as cheap as $300 for a 20 pack and frequently for $400. So I buy up hundreds when they're that cheap and then I'm set for several months.

Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
Are you on android? I had similar problem on android. See solution #1 under android troubleshooting on the first page if you are on android. Good luck.

My pc died on me while playing this a week back during a thunderstorm. Playing on android while waiting for components to arrive.

Last edited:

Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
All my girls in my fireteam are on stealth armor, the bandits never shoot any of them until they take down my MC but at my current level it takes less than 3 turns to defeat most 2nd highest tiered enemies.

Hentai heroes takes bullets for their ladies-

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDL and Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah it's pretty nice. It's expensive so I buy a suit of combat armor for the slaves to share in the first week for the easy fights (usually that's actually my first suit of armor I buy). I don't upgrade it to the stealth suit until sometime soon after day 25 when I have the aim implant, duraplate for me and all my mercs, Mai-Lynn, and Aria. Then I work on house upgrades and getting a stealth suit for my slaves since by then there are not that many easy fights to take the slaves on so I would rather just take a slave with me on all of my fights when I'm training up respect on someone.

I find that if I take Ayden at the end of week 1 I can get away with just leather armor on me and my mercs the first week and upgrade directly to duraplate. Usually I have enough by the end of week 1 or early in week 2 for a suit of duraplate on both me and Bud. Dexter gets one in week 3. Doyle usually doesn't get one til after I have Aria unless I get lucky on gun drops, but with 150 health he can take a few hits without an armor upgrade. I also prioritize a health implant on MC soon after that in case I have bad luck in a tough fight. After that I can finally focus on making investments to build up my passive income.

The market for stims seems to have changed a bit in the most recent version too. If you're patient you can sometimes find stims as cheap as $300 for a 20 pack and frequently for $400. So I buy up hundreds when they're that cheap and then I'm set for several months.
I've tried to go straight for Duraplate but that was when there were fewer income possibilities (no bounties for instance) and dropped mercs stayed dead so I decided combat armor was a good interim step as combat armor for the whole crew costs about as much as one set of Duraplate and is enough to take down the Ceilor Forest Raiders with little fuss. I might try it your way on restart. That should be coming up soon, Juno is at 128 Gardening now. She jumped from 122-127 in about ten days and I was about to report that perhaps Grimdark made it easier, but the last twenty or thirty days she only gained a point so I think I just got really lucky there for a little while.

I've not bought tendstims in a while, I get them in bulk from Aimee so I've not seen the prices fluctuate with the recent update. I'll keep that in mind when I go shopping in my restart. I'll eventually get all the heath upgrades but kinda put it off as I recall from wayback reading the MC is less likely to take fire so is less in need of extraordinary measures for protection.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've tried to go straight for Duraplate but that was when there were fewer income possibilities (no bounties for instance) and dropped mercs stayed dead so I decided combat armor was a good interim step as combat armor for the whole crew costs about as much as one set of Duraplate and is enough to take down the Ceilor Forest Raiders with little fuss. I might try it your way on restart. That should be coming up soon, Juno is at 128 Gardening now. She jumped from 122-127 in about ten days and I was about to report that perhaps Grimdark made it easier, but the last twenty or thirty days she only gained a point so I think I just got really lucky there for a little while.

I've not bought tendstims in a while, I get them in bulk from Aimee so I've not seen the prices fluctuate with the recent update. I'll keep that in mind when I go shopping in my restart. I'll eventually get all the heath upgrades but kinda put it off as I recall from wayback reading the MC is less likely to take fire so is less in need of extraordinary measures for protection.
Oh yeah, if death was permanent I would absolutely make combat armor a huge priority unless I only did easy fights until Crystal Hills was unlocked. Probably number 1 priority in fact. And Rifle Savant would never get used at all other than as a scavenger. I mostly play as if death was permanent anyway. If whatever I'm doing means I have to save scum to avoid people getting taken down in combat EVER, then as far as I'm concerned I'm doing it wrong.

One thing I decided to add to my to do list in the 2nd month that I hadn't really done before is to just go ahead and buy my charm up to 85 in the hospital before I read any of the books or take any of the classes that affect charm. I don't know why I never did this before. It gets you up around 100 charm by about the end of month 2 which gives you a massive jump start on any progress you want to make with the girls. Basically 2 months of grinding money to get yourself an experience similar to a Silver Tongue start which is really fun once you've gotten it done.

Reactions: FSDL

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Oh yeah, if death was permanent I would absolutely make combat armor a huge priority unless I only did easy fights until Crystal Hills was unlocked. Probably number 1 priority in fact. And Rifle Savant would never get used at all other than as a scavenger. I mostly play as if death was permanent anyway. If whatever I'm doing means I have to save scum to avoid people getting taken down in combat EVER, then as far as I'm concerned I'm doing it wrong.

One thing I decided to add to my to do list in the 2nd month that I hadn't really done before is to just go ahead and buy my charm up to 85 in the hospital before I read any of the books or take any of the classes that affect charm. I don't know why I never did this before. It gets you up around 100 charm by about the end of month 2 which gives you a massive jump start on any progress you want to make with the girls. Basically 2 months of grinding money to get yourself an experience similar to a Silver Tongue start which is really fun once you've gotten it done.
...and then add the Teen Subduer perk and you shouldn't have any problems with the freshest fuckmeat, that's my plan too. That Dockgraves quest looks like it's going to be hard. Just getting the first one, a girl with a performance skill that high, is going to take a while. I had a chance at a girl at auction that looked like she'd be a great candidate but got outbid despite going as high as I could. Then I thought maybe I could sacrifice Rachael as initially she seemed kinda boring, but she's grown on me lately and we've not yet seen all her pics.

I 'Caressed' myself up to 70 in this current Rise from the Ashes run and got to thinking it was a lot better that way than paying, but he might have lowered the prices since. The last time I got plastic surgery it seemed to cost a lot less than I remembered.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
...and then add the Teen Subduer perk and you shouldn't have any problems with the freshest fuckmeat, that's my plan too. That Dockgraves quest looks like it's going to be hard. Just getting the first one, a girl with a performance skill that high, is going to take a while. I had a chance at a girl at auction that looked like she'd be a great candidate but got outbid despite going as high as I could. Then I thought maybe I could sacrifice Rachael as initially she seemed kinda boring, but she's grown on me lately and we've not yet seen all her pics.

I 'Caressed' myself up to 70 in this current Rise from the Ashes run and got to thinking it was a lot better that way than paying, but he might have lowered the prices since. The last time I got plastic surgery it seemed to cost a lot less than I remembered.
Yeah I tried the caress grind initially. It works and has the advantage of being free from a money standpoint. The problem is your chances of gaining skill that way are pretty low so it takes so much time devoted exclusively to boosting charm that you could have gotten better gains in something else if you had just paid for it IMO. This is especially true if you do a start that doesn't have any charm perks so you're sitting at like 25 charm or whatever. Grinding out charm at those levels is very painful for quite awhile even at 20 respect since you usually fail and thus have to waste half of your actions on sweet talk just to avoid negative arousal and a premature end to the session when she gets mad. Seduction at 100ish charm by contrast is a cakewalk even with girls who have high willpower so I can lead off with domination, heavy petting, and pussy licking to boost bondage, reduce willpower, and grind out some cunnilingus skill. Kissing also seems to be really easy to grind out increases.

I'm actually kind of liking Sharpshooter as an initial perk now so I can actually train Bud's ranged up a bit at the start. He makes reasonable progress on his own if you keep his attention whore perk maxed out, but it's SO much faster if you train him up above 60 right from the get go... But that means my charm is terrible initially. I do agree about the Teen Subduer perk. That one as well as Arouser are my favorites for that final pick since they both give bonuses that can't be duplicated later.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah I tried the caress grind initially. It works and has the advantage of being free from a money standpoint. The problem is your chances of gaining skill that way are pretty low so it takes so much time devoted exclusively to boosting charm that you could have gotten better gains in something else if you had just paid for it IMO. This is especially true if you do a start that doesn't have any charm perks so you're sitting at like 25 charm or whatever. Grinding out charm at those levels is very painful for quite awhile even at 20 respect since you usually fail and thus have to waste half of your actions on sweet talk just to avoid negative arousal and a premature end to the session when she gets mad. Seduction at 100ish charm by contrast is a cakewalk even with girls who have high willpower so I can lead off with domination, heavy petting, and pussy licking to boost bondage, reduce willpower, and grind out some cunnilingus skill. Kissing also seems to be really easy to grind out increases.

I'm actually kind of liking Sharpshooter as an initial perk now so I can actually train Bud's ranged up a bit at the start. He makes reasonable progress on his own if you keep his attention whore perk maxed out, but it's SO much faster if you train him up above 60 right from the get go... But that means my charm is terrible initially. I do agree about the Teen Subduer perk. That one as well as Arouser are my favorites for that final pick since they both give bonuses that can't be duplicated later.
I don't remember having that much trouble seducing after I charmed them up to 'Loving' at least. I wonder if my strategy of high WP girls worked in my favor, as I 'Complimented Intelligence' and 'Encouraged' them so much their Kindness raised enough to allow them to endure the old man fondling them so frequently.

Edit to add: It was Juno at first now that I recall, and she starts with a higher Kindness than some, at least compared to Rebecca. That may have something to do with it, as I looked at my Juno has a Kissing of 275 and a fair amount of that was from the 'Caressing' sessions as that was where I went when Caress greyed out. Caressing her got my Charm up to where I could seduce the other girls, whose Kindness would have naturally gotten higher due to all the 'Complimenting Intelligence' and 'Encouraging' I do.

I like the Sharpshooter perk too, that really helps getting off to a faster start. I consider Brainy and Gambler to be auto-picks and that leaves me with only one real pick there and Sharpshooter is a favorite. So is 'Attractive' and I have such trouble picking between them.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't remember having that much trouble seducing after I charmed them up to 'Loving' at least. I wonder if my strategy of high WP girls worked in my favor, as I 'Complimented Intelligence' and 'Encouraged' them so much their Kindness raised enough to allow them to endure the old man fondling them so frequently.

I like the Sharpshooter perk too, that really helps getting off to a faster start. I consider Brainy and Gambler to be auto-picks and that leaves me with only one real pick there and Sharpshooter is a favorite. So is 'Attractive' and I have such trouble picking between them.
I haven't tried boosting kindness that way. Will have to give that a try. I find it pretty tough to get to loving affection with the girls in the first month at sub 30 charm unless I'm spending a LOT of time doing dates instead of combat. Seduction attempts usually wind up boosting happiness by 3-4 pts before the girl gets mad and ends the session without ever getting to any kind of sex. Dates frequently make her like me LESS instead of more. So I generally didn't do much with them until the 2nd month when I had my house upgrades in place to passively boost my persuasion and also had Daria's Gift. But if I'm going to wait that long I would be better off with a combat boost initially than a charm boost.

I agree about both Brainy and Gambler being essentially mandatory unless I'm intentionally sabotaging my start to make it harder. Sharpshooter only started to seem interesting to me when I realized how significant the benefit to training your mercs up in ranged was. Bud especially.

Combat skills do just randomly go up on their own over time, but starting off with high skill really brings in the money early on. I think Attractive only really makes sense if you ALSO take True Love so you start with 75 charm. Then you really could focus on the girls immediately and be effective at it. You would suck at combat though which is where most of your money comes from initially. I don't think it's really possible to train a girl up to the point where she's bringing in significant money quickly. It's more of a long term project.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I haven't tried boosting kindness that way. Will have to give that a try. I find it pretty tough to get to loving affection with the girls in the first month at sub 30 charm unless I'm spending a LOT of time doing dates instead of combat. Seduction attempts usually wind up boosting happiness by 3-4 pts before the girl gets mad and ends the session without ever getting to any kind of sex. Dates frequently make her like me LESS instead of more. So I generally didn't do much with them until the 2nd month when I had my house upgrades in place to passively boost my persuasion and also had Daria's Gift. But if I'm going to wait that long I would be better off with a combat boost initially than a charm boost.

I agree about both Brainy and Gambler being essentially mandatory unless I'm intentionally sabotaging my start to make it harder. Sharpshooter only started to seem interesting to me when I realized how significant the benefit to training your mercs up in ranged was. Bud especially.

Combat skills do just randomly go up on their own over time, but starting off with high skill really brings in the money early on. I think Attractive only really makes sense if you ALSO take True Love so you start with 75 charm. Then you really could focus on the girls immediately and be effective at it. You would suck at combat though which is where most of your money comes from initially. I don't think it's really possible to train a girl up to the point where she's bringing in significant money quickly. It's more of a long term project.
For a while I had the impression max book/courses gains could be had at maybe 60-65 INT, but your recent experience seemed to suggest otherwise. In that case I was considering a soldier background, embraced and perhaps sharpshooter with elitist parents so a guy in his prime would start with 65 INT and about 77 Ranged. Even without the tier-4 perk that's 60 and 62 and thus quite playable in a full combat start. That's still probably an effective combination, after all just how much are you losing by not getting the absolute max? Even with a 60 INT to start you can arrange (RPG sessions, Dockgraves, the one ENSYS point I know you can get) to be about 70 when doing the books and courses anyways.

BTW, I think I got an INT point gambling at Dockgraves. I'm pretty sure that's what it said (I skipped over it pretty quickly) and I now have a 45 INT I can't account for otherwise.

Regarding Charm and Attractive, if you take Teen Subduer with it you'd have the same Charm as with True Love against three of the cheapest and most useful early slaves, Michelle, Rebecca and Lovisa.

Reactions: Saburo. M

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For a while I had the impression max book/courses gains could be had at maybe 60-65 INT, but your recent experience seemed to suggest otherwise. In that case I was considering a soldier background, embraced and perhaps sharpshooter with elitist parents so a guy in his prime would start with 65 INT and about 77 Ranged. Even without the tier-4 perk that's 60 and 62 and thus quite playable in a full combat start. That's still probably an effective combination, after all just how much are you losing by not getting the absolute max? Even with a 60 INT to start you can arrange (RPG sessions, Dockgraves, the one ENSYS point I know you can get) to be about 70 when doing the books and courses anyways.

BTW, I think I got an INT point gambling at Dockgraves. I'm pretty sure that's what it said (I skipped over it pretty quickly) and I now have a 45 INT I can't account for otherwise.

Regarding Charm and Attractive, if you take Teen Subduer with it you'd have the same Charm as with True Love against three of the cheapest and most useful early slaves, Michelle, Rebecca and Lovisa.
The classes are mostly hard capped to give max rewards at aroud 70 int. The one with the higher minimum you can get max rewards at 61, maybe even a little lower. The books seem to be a bit more open ended but there is diminishing returns going beyond 70. I continued to see higher and higher skill gains even up past 90 but it's only a few pts per book. I'm not sure if there's a similar threshold below which you start getting unacceptable returns if you're going for a pure combat build or something (or maybe a Rise from the Ashes start). I was planning on eventually testing that out just to see what kind of minimum number of points I'd need to scrounge up from Dockgraves/ENSYS/etc before I started on the classes and books. Poker can definitely give Int. So can carousing. I've gotten it before that way as well, but it's rare.

I think the main reason to be concerned with missing out on points from the books and classes is that some skills/abilities give you extra benefits if you get above 80-100. For skills that are easy to raise that's not an issue but some of them are tough to increase.

Funny you mention an Elitist Soldier. That's exactly what I picked for my current play through with the addition of the sharpshooter perk as well. So I started with almost 80 ranged and started training Bud up in ranged in about the second week when I had enough stamina to make it viable without spending all day getting massages. Without Elitist as an option a pure soldier would probably have to settle for some less than optimal gains from books/classes unless you wait awhile and grind out some extra int from random sources first. Unfortunately with the training being random stat increases, Bud has gained a lot more melee/dex/str than he has ranged via training but it's still more ranged than he would have from just random crits.

Unfortunately this play through my luck on bounties has not been good. Zero tier 5 bounties. Hardly any tier 4. A few tier 3. Mostly tier 1 and 2. So I have all this capacity to make money via combat but just not seeing the bounties for it. Zero coil gun drops and very few assault rifles too. I should probably still be able to afford Aria by day 25 but that's without buying the aim implant or Mai-Lynn, without getting Duraplate for Doyle, and sticking to only relatively bare bones house upgrades (level 3 bedroom, level 3 garden, level 1 everything else.)

I still think it would be nice if you could pick a general difficulty range for the random bounties instead of being purely random. Say easy vs hard. So easy bounties would only give you tier 1 or 2 and hard would give you tier 3-5. Maybe he'll tweak it in the combat update.

On the bright side I hardly ever have to use any stims and have only had to repair my main's armor once so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
After playing for some time I realized few thigs.
1. Slaves are basically useless sinkholes. You are "investing" so much of your time, energy and money into them just to make them be capable of earning enough for thier upkeep and you have to keep them in line, while you could use that resources to invest better.
2. Being a Bounty Hunter and a "local peacekeeper" with your mercs is waaaay too profitable. Daily T5 bounty + plasma gun drop are around 6,9k. 2 battles at arena are worth 1,4k. Not to mention random Stoke Hills bandit group, which gives you around 4 rifles and 1 coil gun, which are worth around 6k if I do remember correctly. Not to mention all, or most of, your, mercs are not eating your ammo and you sill have plenty of time, like half a day, to train them, train yourself, grind some crafting skills and read a book.
3. Influence can be only aquired and cannot be used to influence other people.
4. Rereading books in Ikaanos is not a thing.

Still, great game and I had quite a bit of fun playing it.

Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
I don't think there's really a wrong way to play as long as you're making progress.
After playing for some time I realized few thigs.
1. Slaves are basically useless sinkholes. You are "investing" so much of your time, energy and money into them just to make them be capable of earning enough for thier upkeep and you have to keep them in line, while you could use that resources to invest better.
2. Being a Bounty Hunter and a "local peacekeeper" with your mercs is waaaay too profitable. Daily T5 bounty + plasma gun drop are around 6,9k. 2 battles at arena are worth 1,4k. Not to mention random Stoke Hills bandit group, which gives you around 4 rifles and 1 coil gun, which are worth around 6k if I do remember correctly. Not to mention all, or most of, your, mercs are not eating your ammo and you sill have plenty of time, like half a day, to train them, train yourself, grind some crafting skills and read a book.
3. Influence can be only aquired and cannot be used to influence other people.
4. Rereading books in Ikaanos is not a thing.

Still, great game and I had quite a bit of fun playing it.
Enjoy the process, forget the objective. This game is alot of fun when played that way. TBH I don't really study the mechanics of the game. Some how I managed to rake in 2k plus daily just from investments primarily and having my girls working as college professors.

Girls are always sinkholes even in real life, that's why u need love to keep them.

As for me I have fallen in love with my girls. They are giving me 2k plus daily plus investments and I get to screw each others brains out daily.
I am only wait for the ability to have kids with all of them.

I am already happy. shiawase. Lol

This is indeed a great fun game. =D

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Being a Bounty Hunter and a "local peacekeeper" with your mercs is waaaay too profitable. Daily T5 bounty + plasma gun drop are around 6,9k. 2 battles at arena are worth 1,4k. Not to mention random Stoke Hills bandit group, which gives you around 4 rifles and 1 coil gun, which are worth around 6k if I do remember correctly. Not to mention all, or most of, your, mercs are not eating your ammo and you sill have plenty of time, like half a day, to train them, train yourself, grind some crafting skills and read a book.
Tier 5 bounties can be very profitable yes, but gun drops can be streaky and tier 5 bounties are not common. I sometimes go for more than a month doing bounties every day before I get a single tier 5 bounty and then have no gun drop. So unless you save scum to guarantee a tier 5 bounty and ALSO guarantee a gun drop, it's a lot more common to get a tier 1-2 bounty that only pays about $400-600 and reasonably common to get zero gun drops from it.

Same goes for the bandits around town. I have had games where I cleared the entire town and kept it clear indefinitely and had zero coil guns drop for 3 months. I've had other games where a month of bounties and fighting around town got me $200k worth of guns with close to a 100% drop rate on coil and plasma guns.

As for the ammo, it's only Bud, Dexter, and the top tier mercs that bring their own ammo. Everyone else you have to buy their ammo.

There are other things you can do that are very profitable as well but it generally takes longer to ramp up than the combat. Crafting and gambling for instance can make a ton of money but both require skill levels that you don't have when you start. Selling random slaves after you've broken and trained them can also be very profitable but you kind of need high charm, manipulation, bondage, and flagellation to be effective at that as well as enough skill to actually teach them things. I wouldn't want to sell the unique slaves personally since those are the ones that have the most writing, quests, etc done for them.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Was playing around with a combat build today and wanted to really focus on making Bud useful asap and see how long it takes. Trained stamina twice a day with Rebecca starting on day 2 until I hit 60 stamina and then trained Bud every day after that for awhile (after maxing out his attention whore trait). Managed to get him to 70 ranged before the end of the first month while also completing the random bounty and 2 arena fights every day. The only thing else I was doing on those days was keeping the town clear of enemies and occasionally restocking stims and ammo. I didn't bother bringing Juno or Rebecca with me on any of the fights. The goal for the first month was to get my mercs as buffed up as possible, save enough money to buy Aria on day 25, and buy duraplate for my main and all of my mercs as soon as possible.

I picked up Juno to be my gardener and Rebecca to train stamina with but they were otherwise ignored for the first month. I bought duraplate for my main and Bud immediately after unlocking Crystal Hills and got another suit for Dexter soon after. Doyle was stuck with heavy leather until about the end of the month. The only house upgrades I bothered to get were maxed out garden, maxed out bedroom, and level 1 upgrade for living room/bathroom/kitchen/gazebo. Those house upgrades were enough to keep Rebecca and Juno from losing happiness/affection while I ignored them.

The difference was really night and day with Bud. At 70 ranged with his attention whore trait maxed out he hits pretty consistently with a rifle and can even use a plasma gun somewhat effectively in a pinch on the tier 5 bounties. He misses often enough with a plasma at that point that I don't think I'd want to switch him permanently until he's at more like 80 ranged.

On day 25 I stopped training Bud and started training stamina again with Aria. I also bought a stealth suit and gave it to Aria so I could take her fighting with me to build her respect up to 20. The plan is to drop her into the arena when I get my stamina to 80. I don't think I'll need to train Bud's ranged anymore at this point. He has critted his way to 76 now and it's only day 27. I'm not sure when the best time to switch him from a rifle to something stronger is but he definitely already does more damage on average with a plasma gun than a rifle despite the misses.

I seemed to average about 1 ranged skill per day training Bud 3x a day if I don't save scum it. Sometimes I get 2, sometimes 0, usually 1. I usually ended the day getting enough massages to put me at full stamina in the morning when I woke up so I only had to skip a training session if the bounty was far away or his attention whore trait needed topping off. I was doing the daily bounty first thing in the morning and then immediately doing 3 training sessions with Bud most days. There's not time to do all 4 training sessions after the bounty, and there's no time to complete the bounty if you do all 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

He11sound

Dec 8, 2017
How to increase the fucking corruption in this game, why the hell is it constantly decreasing, I don’t fucking understand

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes