khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Do you still get blacksmithing and artisan points past 40 or so making knives? Maybe I just had a bad run of luck, but it seemed to me I stopped getting points from knives, so I moved on to something else and started getting points again.
That could be. I haven't had the patience so far to go beyond about 40 and knives do work up to that point. For awhile I switched to crossbows or pistols once I could make them but noticed that my skill progression was faster with knives because the more advanced items take longer to make.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Do you still get blacksmithing and artisan points past 40 or so making knives? Maybe I just had a bad run of luck, but it seemed to me I stopped getting points from knives, so I moved on to something else and started getting points again.
It's RNG, but you just don't see it working. I made to 87 blacksmith and 69 artisan just by doing knifes. Althrough I save-scummed every third knife, because, at least for me, it is ridiculous I can make 10 knifes in a row without gaining even a single point, or make 2 knifes when first get me a point in blacksmith and second in artisan.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
How do you increase the "affection/relationship" with Madame in The Velvet room?
It's tough, it will be easier in 0.8.1.6 as Grimdark increased the chance, but you have to be rough and rougher with the girls other than Kasey, especially Freya.

Reactions: GD-studios

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
It's RNG, but you just don't see it working. I made to 87 blacksmith and 69 artisan just by doing knifes. Althrough I save-scummed every third knife, because, at least for me, it is ridiculous I can make 10 knifes in a row without gaining even a single point, or make 2 knifes when first get me a point in blacksmith and second in artisan.
Made it to 99 / 76 by crafting only tendstims without scumming.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Kempo

Nov 25, 2019
Hello guys, how can i open Cyker hall? procoms? kingston? kalill outpost? i'm stucked and can't open many areas...
Can't finish Janus Gellers because i can't open the next area :cry:
And i have 67 affect with madame Stuckey, but no missions arrived in the home mail o_O

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
0.8.1.6 Alpha is now available for early-access subscribers (Tier4+)!

New features

- "The Maid" - a depraved adventure down in The Velvet Room's darkest chambers. Reach Affection 40+ with Madame Stuckey and look in your mailbox for an invitation.
- "A sisterly dilemma" - a medium-sized quest that features everything from raiders to birthday parties. Invest in Aimee's goods (merch lvl 2+), wait a couple of days at home and then exit to Redhaven to start the quest.
- New slave (Dakota) with completed oral scenes, 8,000 words of dialogue and a full set of wardrobe pics.
- New combat AI - only activated for certain enemies so far (Arena, bounties, highwaymen, a few quests).
- New piercing options (freely add/remove purchased sets).
- Better gains from Whitehaven Academy.
- Many bug fixes, tweaks and other smaller additions.

Screenshots:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
New features

- New combat AI - only activated for certain enemies so far (Arena, bounties, highwaymen, a few quests).
Have only played around with it a little so far but it seems like the arena opponents consistently target whoever the strongest is now. Nobody else gets hit at all. The upside is you only need 1 suit of armor now for those fights. The downside is they're not spreading the damage around anymore so whoever your strongest person is has to tank ALL of the damage.

I hate to think what a tier 6 bounty will be like if they do that though. Even 200 health + duraplate would not be surviveable for the hardest bounty unless there were other changes I don't know about that let you buff up more. I think in the previous version with all of my guys using plasma guns other than Ayden and everyone using duraplate I was still probably taking at least 300 damage most of the time doing the toughest bounty, spread out between all of my guys. Will see what it's like when I get that far I guess.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Have only played around with it a little so far but it seems like the arena opponents consistently target whoever the strongest is now. Nobody else gets hit at all. The upside is you only need 1 suit of armor now for those fights. The downside is they're not spreading the damage around anymore so whoever your strongest person is has to tank ALL of the damage.

I hate to think what a tier 6 bounty will be like if they do that though. Even 200 health + duraplate would not be surviveable for the hardest bounty unless there were other changes I don't know about that let you buff up more. I think in the previous version with all of my guys using plasma guns other than Ayden and everyone using duraplate I was still probably taking at least 300 damage most of the time doing the toughest bounty, spread out between all of my guys. Will see what it's like when I get that far I guess.
I've gotten that far and what it means is you go down, provided the MC is the strongest attacker. They hit first so odds are you'll be hit twice by their plasma bearing duraplate wearers....and everyone else too. I don't think there's any way to survive that.

Everyone else is fine, but you lose the rest of the day and a couple points of a dearly grinded stat.

Reactions: khumak

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I have DL'd and launched, got broken images and an inability to advance beyond the 1st 2 or 3 screens.

So I deleted, redownloaded, rextracted, relaunched...same result. Win11; current drivers, OS is current.

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well. How exactly do I raise Madame Stuckey's affection? I don't really interact with her when I visit Dockgrave and seeing as she's now tied to a new quest, I am curious.

Last edited:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
I have DL'd and launched, got broken images and an inability to advance beyond the 1st 2 or 3 screens.

So I deleted, redownloaded, rextracted, relaunched...same result. Win11; current drivers, OS is current.
Microsoft can't do anything wrong (fx. my Microsoft gaming mouse worked nigh 20 years - until I decided to play this horrible game a bit more. :) ) - so it's probably not OS-related problem. How about the browser? (I tried Chrome for it's speed, chose Firefox for it's security. Both worked well enough for me with this game, IMHOP) Just a thought.

Jun 2, 2021
Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well. How exactly do I raise Madame Stuckey's affection? I don't really interact with her when I visit Dockgrave and seeing as she's now tied to a new quest, I am curious.
Pay to have sex with one of the velvet club's whore and be as cruel as possible with the poor girl. It doesn't work with the last one however (Kasey) because she likes everything you do to her and Madame Stuckey seems to appreciate seeing her girls suffering...

Reactions: T_Abraxas

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Microsoft can't do anything wrong (fx. my Microsoft gaming mouse worked nigh 20 years - until I decided to play this horrible game a bit more. :) ) - so it's probably not OS-related problem. How about the browser? (I tried Chrome for it's speed, chose Firefox for it's security. Both worked well enough for me with this game, IMHOP) Just a thought.

I use chrome by default, and it always worked in the past. But not this time. Previous version opens up just fine in Chrome.

This is what I get as the landing screen when I click the html launcher. 1st screen.png

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I use chrome by default, and it always worked in the past. But not this time. Previous version opens up just fine in Chrome.

This is what I get as the landing screen when I click the html launcher. View attachment 2612684
Judging from screenshot no 1, you're opening it from the actual zip. Extract and run the start game html from the new directory and it should work.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes