alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
for example, the old code for picking up parents (v.0814):

HTML:
[[Doctors|Creation1][$event to 5, $action to 1, $pic to 6]]

<<if $invhold gte 25 and $enstart is undefined>> [[Elitists|Creation1][$enstart to 1]] <<else>> <<if $enstart is 1>>[[Clear|Creation1][$enstart to 0]]<<else>><p class="ulsmallused">Elitists</p><</if>><</if>>

<<if $invhold gte 25 and $enstart is undefined>> [[Wealthy|Creation1][$enstart to 2]] <<else>> <<if $enstart is 2>>[[Clear|Creation1][$enstart to 0]]<<else>><p class="ulsmallused">Wealthy</p><</if>><</if>>

<<if $invhold gte 25 and $enstart is undefined>>[[MoR Enhanced|Enhanced]]<<else>><p class="ulsmallused">MoR Enhanced</p><</if>>
and the new one (v.0816):

HTML:
[[Doctors|Creation1][$event to 5, $action to 1, $pic to 6]]

<<set _showelit to true>>

<<include InHold>>

<<if _okelit isnot true>>

<p class="ulsmallused">Elitists</p>

<p class="ulsmallused">Wealthy</p>

<p class="ulsmallused">MoR Enhanced</p>

<</if>>
Here `Elitists` and `Wealthy` are just placeholders.

Last edited:

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
are we still getting the bullshit version where content is locked behind a paywall?
Why do you feel entitled to everything for free? The Creator is creating a product. You already get 95% of it for free.
I support devs that treat me with some measure of respect, Naughtyroad from Lightofmylife and Tinkerer for Peasant Quest first among them, even if I live in Eastern Europe and doing so ain't exactly cheap, (doubly now since the whole Russia idiocy). I do it gladly because they deserve it. If a dev treats me like a cashcow and believes that a paywall will entice me to give him money, it won't, all it will do is make sure I never support him.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
are we still getting the bullshit version where content is locked behind a paywall?

I support devs that treat me with some measure of respect, Naughtyroad from Lightofmylife and Tinkerer for Peasant Quest first among them, even if I live in Eastern Europe and doing so ain't exactly cheap, (doubly now since the whole Russia idiocy). I do it gladly because they deserve it. If a dev treats me like a cashcow and believes that a paywall will entice me to give him money, it won't, all it will do is make sure I never support him.
yeah the dev is cool and funny lol

Reactions: Konstantinus

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017

What exactly do you consider to be a paywall? Yes, tier 2+ subs get a unique slave, a unique weapon, and access to a mechanic for building their own great house. Tier4+ subs get early access to alpha builds, two extra traits, one which changes stats and the other has a mini-quest that gives you loads of money iirc, and some special starts to let them skip the early-game grind by jacking up their stats from the get-go (which can be just as easily achieved with the browser console).

If that's a paywall to you, then I'm sorry, but that's as generous as Grim can possibly be. In my opinion (which is biased, obviously, though to be transparent I do not get paid for my work on the game, so I have no financial incentive) there's just enough to reward supporters without hurting anyone else. No main story quests are paywalled, no other mechanics or content are paywalled (just Tier4+ get to see them sooner)

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022

Seriously dude.

The paywalled stuff is like 5-10% of the game. At the most.

Now here's a dev who just quit his job to work on this full time. All he asks for those 5% is a donation that'll enable him to buy one fucking taco at Taco Bell. In return you have permanent access to all those extras. Yeah the slave and quest stay with you even if you download a public version in the future.

So I'd ask you to show him some respect by stop posting here.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

Why assume the worst, both of his motives and the effectiveness of offering contributors extra content and input? It might be the case that Naughtyroad and Tinkerer would be able to produce more and better content if they had a broader and deeper revenue pool enabling a better experience for all Light of My Life and Peasant Quest players.

Shouldn't you at least allow for the possibility that creators have more time and resources to dedicate to these projects if they've more money coming in and as a result all players of the game benefit, especially those who aren't paying anything at all?

'Honi soit qui mal y pense.'

Jun 10, 2022

So, if the tier 2+ content was available you'd consider that "treating you with respect" and support the Dev?

Hargan did a great job of summing up what is "paywalled". A gun which you would replace very early on, a slave (when we already have a surplus of main character slaves), stat bonuses that you can manipulate yourself, and access to early builds.

I'm not tracking the games you mentioned (I'll check them out), but I'd put money on Grimdark's updates far outpacing other independent developers.

I respect not everyone can afford to support game developers. Then again, the same recession that affects your wallet also affects the developer. Why complain that the developer is offereing some bonus material to people who have the willingness and ability to support him in order for him to spend more time developing the game? The supporters' money is allowing you to get more content and faster content for free.

EDIT: I took a look at both of the games you mentioned. One is a VN that has been in development for SIX years. The other game has been in development for 4 years.

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
If I remember well 0.8.2 (random slaves) was announced to "spring release", is this ETA ok or changed?
That was the ETA back in October 2022. I've had to push it to "Summer 2023" due to a combination of rescheduled content and the decision to flesh out the first random slave framework into the more personal and render-rich engine we have today. That also includes the slave hunting mechanics (screenshots below) that was originally planned for 0.8.3.

NOTE! Sprites, texts and layout are still very WIP (placeholders).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Thx for the answer.

In my mind the random slaves and the slave hunting features are the most important ones waited since the beginning because they are the one which will really permit to start a "slave trader" gameplay, as a collectionner it's impossible for me to sell the actual slaves :D

Nexor6

Aug 8, 2018
Seriously dude.

The paywalled stuff is like 5-10% of the game. At the most.

Now here's a dev who just quit his job to work on this full time. All he asks for those 5% is a donation that'll enable him to buy one fucking taco at Taco Bell. In return you have permanent access to all those extras. Yeah the slave and quest stay with you even if you download a public version in the future.

So I'd ask you to show him some respect by stop posting here.
the slave and quest still stay? how so. Explain to me

studyguide

Jun 23, 2019
That was the ETA back in October 2022. I've had to push it to "Summer 2023" due to a combination of rescheduled content and the decision to flesh out the first random slave framework into the more personal and render-rich engine we have today. That also includes the slave hunting mechanics (screenshots below) that was originally planned for 0.8.3.

NOTE! Sprites, texts and layout are still very WIP (placeholders).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
are those AI Art ?

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Considering the amount of original content posted directly here by Creators, your comment is just silly.
Well - yes and no, yes quite a few projects are posted directly by their creators. Some of them are a part of the community, some treat it as a promotion or have other reasons. But the majority of the content is posted by third parties. So if the developer won't post it....someone else definitely will and that someone probably will try to provide a full version. And for us as consumers - it's better to have a full version of a product. And if you like the product, and you want to support the developer, no one is preventing you from sending him some money.

But yeah, there is a lot of pirated content here.....always was)

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes