alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Why assume the worst, both of his motives and the effectiveness of offering contributors extra content and input? It might be the case that Naughtyroad and Tinkerer would be able to produce more and better content if they had a broader and deeper revenue pool enabling a better experience for all Light of My Life and Peasant Quest players.

Shouldn't you at least allow for the possibility that creators have more time and resources to dedicate to these projects if they've more money coming in and as a result all players of the game benefit, especially those who aren't paying anything at all?

'Honi soit qui mal y pense.'
Well as far as I can see, it's not that the new content is been added for the contributors only. It's that the content that was already there is been cut off. And if you had something, and then it was taken away.....well that's gonna create some negative emotions)

Jun 10, 2022
Well - yes and no, yes quite a few projects are posted directly by their creators. Some of them are a part of the community, some treat it as a promotion or have other reasons. But the majority of the content is posted by third parties. So if the developer won't post it....someone else definitely will and that someone probably will try to provide a full version. And for us as consumers - it's better to have a full version of a product. And if you like the product, and you want to support the developer, no one is preventing you from sending him some money.

But yeah, there is a lot of pirated content here.....always was)
Is a person a consumer if they don't financially contribute? I think there is a line between "consumer" and "user". Regardless, there is plenty of original content here posted by Developers. That makes the accusation that this forum is just for hackers, silly.

Regarding your other Post; No. Nothing has been taken away from the "free" version and locked behind paywall.

• Angry
Reactions: Thedarkdragon007

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Is a person a consumer if they don't financially contribute? I think there is a line between "consumer" and "user". Regardless, there is plenty of original content here posted by Developers. That makes the accusation that this forum is just for hackers, silly.

Regarding your other Post; No. Nothing has been taken away from the "free" version and locked behind paywall.
The consumer is not necessarily a customer, you can consume for free...if you can. But the polemic of this word is a whole other discussion.
I haven't made any accusations. I stated the fact, that a large portion of content here is posted by third parties without the knowledge of its creators. It's not a Patreon)

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018

And yes the content was most definitely removed, you can see my post about the code differences a bit earlier today.
And this is only one example.

for example, the old code for picking up parents (v.0814):

HTML:
[[Doctors|Creation1][$event to 5, $action to 1, $pic to 6]]

<<if $invhold gte 25 and $enstart is undefined>> [[Elitists|Creation1][$enstart to 1]] <<else>> <<if $enstart is 1>>[[Clear|Creation1][$enstart to 0]]<<else>><p class="ulsmallused">Elitists</p><</if>><</if>>

<<if $invhold gte 25 and $enstart is undefined>> [[Wealthy|Creation1][$enstart to 2]] <<else>> <<if $enstart is 2>>[[Clear|Creation1][$enstart to 0]]<<else>><p class="ulsmallused">Wealthy</p><</if>><</if>>

<<if $invhold gte 25 and $enstart is undefined>>[[MoR Enhanced|Enhanced]]<<else>><p class="ulsmallused">MoR Enhanced</p><</if>>
and the new one (v.0816):

HTML:
[[Doctors|Creation1][$event to 5, $action to 1, $pic to 6]]

<<set _showelit to true>>

<<include InHold>>

<<if _okelit isnot true>>

<p class="ulsmallused">Elitists</p>

<p class="ulsmallused">Wealthy</p>

<p class="ulsmallused">MoR Enhanced</p>

<</if>>
Here `Elitists` and `Wealthy` are just placeholders.

Jun 10, 2022
And yes the content was most definitely removed, you can see my post about the code differences a bit earlier today.
And this is only one example.
Code being removed doesn't mean it was functional.

Nothing has been removed that was playable to place behind paywall. The paywall benefits have not changed.

Reactions: tsap
Jun 10, 2022
The consumer is not necessarily a customer, you can consume for free...if you can. But the polemic of this word is a whole other discussion.
I haven't made any accusations. I stated the fact, that a large portion of content here is posted by third parties without the knowledge of its creators. It's not a Patreon)
Sorry. The accusation reference was regarding my original reply to another Poster that you quoted.

And i agree.. Consumer and customer can be different. That's a good point. That said; If everyone is a consumer and no one is a customer then there won't be very much for the consumers to consume. :) That's my ultimate point- Complaining about a tiny bit of bonus content to those willing to support the developer ignores the benefits of those supporters.

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Code being removed doesn't mean it was functional.

Nothing has been removed that was playable to place behind paywall. The paywall benefits have not changed.
I played it quite fine. So it was very much playable)
The functionality was there and now clearly it's been removed....I mean you can definitely see it's missing in new versions.

It was there....now it's not..-> it was removed)) as simple as that

Jun 10, 2022
The functionality was there and now clearly it's been removed....I mean you can definitely see it's missing in new versions.

What content were you playing in the public version that has now been removed? Don't list code; What content?

Reactions: tsap

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021

The code distinguishing MoR's public version between the Tier2+ versions has been upgraded (trimmed), but nothing has been removed in terms of content. That would be too grim, even for me.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Thx for the answer.

In my mind the random slaves and the slave hunting features are the most important ones waited since the beginning because they are the one which will really permit to start a "slave trader" gameplay, as a collectionner it's impossible for me to sell the actual slaves :D
Haha. Yeah, a side-effect of making the story slaves too detailed ;). The slave hunting mechanics, along with the new dynamic world frameworks coming in 0.8.2, will fundamentally change Ikaanos as we know it.

Reactions: cuchulin

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
What content were you playing in the public version that has now been removed? Don't list code; What content?
If we look at version .0814 we'll see that all the differences between tiers mostly depend on the value of the `$invhold` variable. And if someone changes it to the right value - suddenly that someone might find himself playing the full version of the game) I would presume that public and paid versions were the same but just had a different value of a set variable. But now the functionality of those quests and start options was removed. At least partially...but partially missing quest is an unplayable quest)

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
If we look at version .0814 we'll see that all the differences between tiers mostly depend on the value of the `$invhold` variable. And if someone changes it to the right value - suddenly that someone might find himself playing the full version of the game) I would presume that public and paid versions were the same but just had a different value of a set variable. But now the functionality of those quests and start options was removed. At least partially...but partially missing quest is an unplayable quest)
Which sounds like you weren't actually playing the game. Again, the question was what were you playing that has been removed? Give us an example of a quest you were playing that you cannot now play

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Which sounds like you weren't actually playing the game. Again, the question was what were you playing that has been removed? Give us an example of a quest you were playing that you cannot now play
The brother stash/slave quest. And the start options to pick the Elitists parents. The quest is missing the part when you pick up a book (but that part was checked on v0815). And the additional start options are now just a placeholder.

Last edited:

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
The code distinguishing MoR's public version between the Tier2+ versions has been upgraded (trimmed), but nothing has been removed in terms of content. That would be too grim, even for me.
So the public and Tier2+ versions now differ not only by the value of a variable but also by the scope of their functionality.
Which was partially removed (trimmed) from the public one. Am I right?

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
The brother stash/slave quest. And the start options to pick the Elitists parents. The quest is missing the part when you pick up a book (but that part was checked on v0815). And the additional start options are now just a placeholder.
So just to get this straight in my head :-
  1. You were playing the public free version
  2. You went in and hacked the public free version to get access to content that wasn't available to it
  3. This workaround was patched out
  4. Your complaint is now that you cannot access a quest that the version you are playing should not be able to access
Your complaint is absolutely ridiculous. "Waahh I can't access shit that I shouldn't have been able to access anymore".

You said "But now the functionality of those quests and start options was removed". Tell me of one publicly available quest that has been removed. Not a hacked quest that you temporarily got access to, a quest that was available to everyone that is now gone.

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
So just to get this straight in my head :-
  1. You were playing the public free version
  2. You went in and hacked the public free version to get access to content that wasn't available to it
  3. This workaround was patched out
  4. Your complaint is now that you cannot access a quest that the version you are playing should not be able to access
Your complaint is absolutely ridiculous. "Waahh I can't access shit that I shouldn't have been able to access anymore".

You said "But now the functionality of those quests and start options was removed". Tell me of one publicly available quest that has been removed. Not a hacked quest that you temporarily got access to, a quest that was available to everyone that is now gone.
I don't think that you can call changing a variable value - `hacking`. The code is open, I don't see anything wrong with modifying it. And in this publicly available code - was a functionality for certain options and a quest. And now that functionality (that was a part of publicly available code) - was removed.

The functionality was there (and was publicly available), but now it's not -> it was removed))
I don't understand what to argue about)

• Angry
Reactions: Strec

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
No, as it was never ever ever in the public one to be trimmed from. What is so hard to understand about that?
If the public version contains that functionality. If you can open the file and see it - it's publicly available. What is so hard to understand about that? )

Also the developer already kinda said that it was trimmed )

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes