OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Haven't played in awhile but I remembered certain mercs were better as scavengers. But I believe there was also SUPPOSED to be a stat that could be raised to make Mercs better at scavenging, however I can't recall what stat that was or if it actually worked does anyone know anything about it.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah, I have been rely on on combat money in my current run, perhaps I could do less combat since every other option basically free stuff and money. Despite I don't know they would improve themself, like wtf I'm missing the note here, fuck me, lol. I have been keeping them this whole time that makes me hit economy crisis at some point eventually letting some of them go to be able to recovered. Not to mention that more stuff you upgrades mean more outcome you will be ended up with, iirc. In my run I basically thought that just combat would suffice for stable income I wished for and I think if I managed it better and not being too lazy it could. Just because mobs are respawned in current version I played.

Oh right, that mechanic, I pretty much haven't look into it. Before I ended up in cycle battle to survive and enjoyed it, lol. Except for space marine, fuck them early game, not wasting any medkit anymore. But, I vaguely remember are those meant that, they wont be available for the designated time? I forgot which run I end up in that. But surely not my latest, just because earlier in release, I've played before this run, it used to be less mobs to be engaged with and once you killed them then they wont be available again then the only option is to go to fish and factory instead for gain.

Yeah very big true, I even bring them all the time when I on knife and crossbow longest quest I have been on, just to get more money in case I need more to bought some materials for it and make some income while at it. Even tho, I rarely interacted with them individually, rather maybe I more wished they could tell me instead if they want something, cause I am too busy killing people, in game of course. Even I bring them along after completing quest because I am too attached to easy money from combat.
Investing time into getting to know your mercenaries can pay off in goodies the Space Marine finds when scavenging, you can even spitroast his favorite slut. Ayden's interactions involve a RPG campaign that results in skill point gains, including Intelligence. The Black Guardsman will drop his salary once you get to know him too. Bud can become a better shot if you spend time with him, but will sulk and shoot even more poorly if you don't.

Aren't partnering or investing in the game is available now? or are we talking about different things? or does it like you want to upscale your combat and influence power by makes them joins you? if that the case, I would agree that would be sick. But, please don't individual troops micro management please, lol. I am serious at least not where people just starting the game, just by the glimpse of it they would not survive, lol.
Yes there's investments, but nothing specific for Headkiller's Crew. Even if it just amounted to nothing more than an increase in your power number or something, it would be nice to know you were making allies/vassals. A render or two of the sister kneeling naked, collared and cuffed would be even nicer were Grimdark to add more to that story.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Haven't played in awhile but I remembered certain mercs were better as scavengers. But I believe there was also SUPPOSED to be a stat that could be raised to make Mercs better at scavenging, however I can't recall what stat that was or if it actually worked does anyone know anything about it.
Was it Survival? I'm afraid I've not studied the nuances of issid scavenging much due to the fact I'm sitting on 25k merchandise I'll never manage to break down. The fact your mercs don't go back to their designated duties if you need them on the fire team for a while doesn't help either as I invariably forget to reassign them.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Was it Survival? I'm afraid I've not studied the nuances of issid scavenging much due to the fact I'm sitting on 25k merchandise I'll never manage to break down. The fact your mercs don't go back to their designated duties if you need them on the fire team for a while doesn't help either as I invariably forget to reassign them.
A guide said it was intelligence based but it's been around the beginning of April since I last actual touched the game and it's been since FEBRUARY since that part of the Wiki has been touched. So not sure if anything has changed. If it is intelligence based it reminds me of the reason why I haven't touched this game in awhile and that's because certain builds are vastly superior to other ones.

So much relies on intelligence and intelligence is one of the hardest stats to raise to the point that it should be the main focus when creating a character so much that it limits creativity.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Few questions:
1) Is there a low or no maintenance ... point... where we don't have to worry at all about slaves running or their stats dropping to point they... are um, running or such stuff, on a love route [ie: no fear, no bondage, etc.]?

2) Is there a way to lower or eliminate the upkeep for hire'able npcs? mastersofraana.com/index.php/NPCs
lets say, for: room and board, and love, and/or joining family/harem, etc. [perhaps similar to slaves are a large single upfront payment]

3) I'm not up to date on the games changlelogs, but are Civilians now considered NPCs or vice verca or are they still functioning differently [wiki seems a tad out of date]? mastersofraana.com/index.php/Civilians

4) is there a max limit of how many characters can "fit" in your home? [you+slaves+npcs+civilians+etc.]
4b) if there is, can we buy and move into a larger home? [You know, gotta collect them all.]

5) can we remove slave status from our slaves?
5b) AND have them not leave? [ie: they want to continue living with you, but by their own choice? [Loving harem / big family / polygamy, whatever]

Too bad there is no single universal core system combining all aspects [menus/mechanics/etc.] of household people [slaves, civilians, npcs, etc.].
Where their 'status' [slave/civilian/npc/family/etc] determines which menu/buttons are accessible.
[like 'greyed-out'/unclickable to avoid certain menu/mechanics/etc. depending on what their current status is.]

Thanks.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
A guide said it was intelligence based but it's been around the beginning of April since I last actual touched the game and it's been since FEBRUARY since that part of the Wiki has been touched. So not sure if anything has changed. If it is intelligence based it reminds me of the reason why I haven't touched this game in awhile and that's because certain builds are vastly superior to other ones.

So much relies on intelligence and intelligence is one of the hardest stats to raise to the point that it should be the main focus when creating a character so much that it limits creativity.
I used to think that too, but right now I'm thriving with a character that started with an INT of 35. It's up to 55 now and that'll keep going up now that I know how to do it consistently, but I'm doing fine as is.

Think macro in this case, the bonuses for INT are nice but in the scheme of things are minor compared to being able to play well in other areas like combat and investments. That allows you the time to get to pretty much wherever you want in this game.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Few questions:
1) Is there a low or no maintenance ... point... where we don't have to worry at all about slaves running or their stats dropping to point they... are um, running or such stuff, on a love route [ie: no fear, no bondage, etc.]?

2) Is there a way to lower or eliminate the upkeep for hire'able npcs? mastersofraana.com/index.php/NPCs
lets say, for: room and board, and love, and/or joining family/harem, etc. [perhaps similar to slaves are a large single upfront payment]

3) I'm not up to date on the games changlelogs, but are Civilians now considered NPCs or vice verca or are they still functioning differently [wiki seems a tad out of date]? mastersofraana.com/index.php/Civilians

4) is there a max limit of how many characters can "fit" in your home? [you+slaves+npcs+civilians+etc.]
4b) if there is, can we buy and move into a larger home? [You know, gotta collect them all.]

5b) AND have them not leave? [ie: they want to continue living with you, but by their own choice? [Loving harem / big family / polygamy, whatever]

Too bad there is no single universal core system combining all aspects [menus/mechanics/etc.] of household people [slaves, civilians, npcs, etc.].
Where their 'status' [slave/civilian/npc/family/etc] determines which menu/buttons are accessible.
[like 'greyed-out'/unclickable to avoid certain menu/mechanics/etc. depending on what their current status is.]

Thanks.
I think there is for point 1 I mean I THINK I had zero fear, maxed relationship, normal respect, and high willpower and I had slaves at no desire to escape. Which to the point makes me wonder if there's any point to actually have guards.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
I used to think that too, but right now I'm thriving with a character that started with an INT of 35. It's up to 55 now and that'll keep going up now that I know how to do it consistently, but I'm doing fine as is.

Think macro in this case, the bonuses for INT are nice but in the scheme of things are minor compared to being able to play well in other areas like combat and investments. That allows you the time to get to pretty much wherever you want in this game.
Yes but is there a hard limit to training other stats at home? Like should I really care if I start with low Strength and combat skills if I can just grind them at home.

Also I think at a certain level of intelligence you gain 1 more chance to daily train your slave. Also I believe intelligence increases the odds of success on teaching your slaves ANY skills.

"ATTRIBUTE provides a significant advantage while attempting to educate one of your slaves or extract skill points from a book.

A high Intelligence value will also assist you in manipulating other characters"

Last edited:
Reactions: GD-studios

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Few questions:

Thanks.
1. Yes, definitely.

2. You can lower the Black Guardsman's salary by getting to know him and bribe/cheat Ansel out of a goodly part of his by having a floorcrawler and playing cards with him, but for most you have to keep paying if you want them on your team. You can rehire ones you dismiss as well.

3. I think 'Civilians' are just members of your household not any good at fighting. The ones that have ~25 ranged or melee combat are counted as 'Soldiers' and increase your power value.

4. Your direct household can contain yourself, eight slaves and potentially an unlimited number of Issids.

You can marry one and get an extra slot, and you can send one to the Arena. There's also the option to buy a second home and house nine there, but they won't do much and don't get any of your household bonuses. More is planned for the Retreat later as I recall.

5. No, outside marrying one.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yes but is there a hard limit to training other stats at home? Like should I really care if I start with low Strength and combat skills if I can just grind them at home.

Also I think at a certain level of intelligence you gain 1 more chance to daily train your slave. Also I believe intelligence increases the odds of success on teaching your slaves ANY skills.

"ATTRIBUTE provides a significant advantage while attempting to educate one of your slaves or extract skill points from a book.

A high Intelligence value will also assist you in manipulating other characters"
Training may have been a little harder but it still got done. More important than that is what their discipline is and if you know how to raise that the other doesn't matter much.

I now have an 80 Willpower so I could do three training sessions a day, currently I'm doing none as all the rest of them are done and Dakota still has to raise her discipline before I'll bother going forward with her. I find other things to do with the six hours every day, usually involving sex.

Aeyol

Jul 8, 2022
How well does this run on Linux? Is there any graphics issues or text issues?
I did not see any issue running it on Linux no. The previous public version had a few glitch with some samourai image not loading. I don't know if it was Linux specific though. And as far as I can see, it has been fixed on this release.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Gotta say, even if its just for the profile images, having the character's body types change based on how you're "raising" them would be good. Need not be the CGs, but possibly something like that just for the character profiles would be good.

I was messing around with their diets to see if there was any changes and there isn't. Would be a nice tweak. Keeping the twins(?) well fed and training them properly/caring for them enabling them to become more physically adept if aging is enabled (maybe both can become bigger/taller, larger stat growth based on factors) other effects for aging being better would be a cool tweak too.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Can someone please explain me what is the point of making slaves and household servants students and how it works?
For example, I acquired 2 kids as servants (Loden & Laika) and I didn't know what to with them, I gave them duty to be a student. After several weeks, it seems to me that their "Education" stat raised only by 2-3 points. So I am wondering, does their "Education" stat even matter for anything (beside for accountant duty)? I change their duty to guards when I have rebellious slave, but after escape risk falls to 0%, I return their duty to student.

Also, slave academy classes in description last for 3-5 years. If you enlist slave to a program, and you change her duties during her schooling for few days, does it resets schooling progress? Does she gets diploma or something after those years? Or do you just enlist her until she raises skills enough?

Well, game has interesting & deep mechanics, but not much is explained, so any help is appreciated.

Aeyol

Jul 8, 2022
According the wiki, there's an ingame description of what allowances actually do. I cant find it. So I'm asking? Whats the point in giving allowances to slaves?

Reactions: Daba

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
I don't understand what you mean. I started playing this game about a year ago. There was something about 'Tiers' then but I didn't pay much attention as before I decide to contribute I find out whether or not I like the game. I played it off and on for a few months and read as he added the Tier2 slave and quest, which I didn't have access to as I was playing the public version. I read about the expanded starts but didn't start accessing them until I became a contributor.

I tried to follow your subsequent posts regarding the coding but that strikes me as an esoteric distinction. It was not the case that any typical player of the game ever had anything 'cut off' as for them it was never there. It may be the case that some people who were sneaking in the back door of the movie theater later found it locked, but they must have expected that would happen eventually, right?
Well, I like sometimes to go through the code, tweaking some stuff that I want, it's part of the fun. And in this game, I found this quest, and some new starting options, so I enabled it) Then in the newer version I tried to do the same but found that something was wrong, and with a quick search found the parts of the quest code were missing. Sooo I went to the forum to look for an answer, maybe someone noticed the same issue, maybe someone already has a solution, maybe at least an answer. Instead, some people start trying to convince me that - absolutely nothing was removed and couldn't be removed and how dare I even suggest such a thing....which was odd.

And just reading something that exists in the public domain is not the same as sneaking around. It's more about light modding.
Like when someone forgets about the case sensitivity and you are playing on Linux so you need to go in and fix it.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes