khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Next Alpha project
  • MC Home expansion. Although originally scheduled for 0.8.5, I feel that this beast actually needs immediate attention. It includes a complete overhaul on how you expand and upgrade your home – featuring detailed sleeping quarters for all slaves, a better UI overview, room interactions, new upgrade options and lots more. Your household will also have expandable slots, kind of like new "buildings/rooms" that allow you to give your home a specialized and unique flair; build a home clinic for Caitlin, gyms, sweatshops, expand your library or choose from over a dozen other possibilities.
So looking forward to this... I need more slave slots so bad...

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
It's probably not intended for it to be used this way but I wait til my control gets up over 50 or so and THEN I click that button so I can have more stuff to fight for longer :) If I understand the way control works, once it gets above 50ish, you get a lot less bandits spawning around town.
How are you getting it to go up? For the most part I've only seen down, it sank like a rock.

Jun 10, 2022
It's probably not intended for it to be used this way but I wait til my control gets up over 50 or so and THEN I click that button so I can have more stuff to fight for longer :) If I understand the way control works, once it gets above 50ish, you get a lot less bandits spawning around town.
I'm confused. Grim says "CORR" is corruption. Why would there be fewer bandits with higher corruption?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
How are you getting it to go up? For the most part I've only seen down, it sank like a rock.
I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. I had assumed that control means how much control I have over the region so as I continue clearing stuff out, doing bounties, quests/etc that my control goes up. Maybe I got random events that raised it, not sure. In any case, inside of about 60 days I was at more than 50 control and almost all of the bandits stopped spawning. I was basically left with the rifleman that spawns in watery eyes, the girl with the rifle who spawns in stokke hills, and a freebooter group that spawns right near her. That was pretty much it. The entire rest of the town was mostly empty of anything to fight. So I was paying $1600ish a day for top tier merc salaries and had nobody to fight other than bounties plus arena. Also meant I had no way to train up respect on my slaves.

Oh just saw your other post. Maybe I misread something. Yeah I meant control not corruption. I haven't noticed what's been going on with corruption so far.

I did finally get around to using some doctor's kits and those work great for getting my mercs back up and running after a tough fight. So I'm actually thinking I may just run with 1 or 2 top tiers for a considerable time and keep Bud, Dexter, and Doyle around much longer. If I do a tier 6 I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose Ayden and probably also Felix since the game seems to have decided that he's next in line for tanking duties, but doctors kits fix them back up without stat losses so as long as I actually win the fight it's ok.

I'm not clear on how doctors kits work for the MC since I haven't gotten far enough since I started using them for my MC to be tanking. Ran out of money to buy the health implants. If doctors kits work on MC then it might be interesting to try to minimize merc salaries while still doing the big bounties and just not care if anyone goes down since I can fix them with doctors kits. I'm not willing to take permanent stat losses on a regular basis on my main though so I'm not sure if that means I should skip the health implants so that Ayden remains the main tank.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. I had assumed that control means how much control I have over the region so as I continue clearing stuff out, doing bounties, quests/etc that my control goes up. Maybe I got random events that raised it, not sure. In any case, inside of about 60 days I was at more than 50 control and almost all of the bandits stopped spawning. I was basically left with the rifleman that spawns in watery eyes, the girl with the rifle who spawns in stokke hills, and a freebooter group that spawns right near her. That was pretty much it. The entire rest of the town was mostly empty of anything to fight. So I was paying $1600ish a day for top tier merc salaries and had nobody to fight other than bounties plus arena. Also meant I had no way to train up respect on my slaves.

Oh just saw your other post. Maybe I misread something. Yeah I meant control not corruption. I haven't noticed what's been going on with corruption so far.
I had a...different...experience. I can't remember where it started but after a few bad events control was in the twenties and I'd never seen it increase, only drop. I read he balanced it somewhat with this current update and I did get a +2 control event but it's still in the mid-twenties. I think he also increased the likelihood of the Forts being taken even at higher control levels.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I had a...different...experience. I can't remember where it started but after a few bad events control was in the twenties and I'd never seen it increase, only drop. I read he balanced it somewhat with this current update and I did get a +2 control event but it's still in the mid-twenties. I think he also increased the likelihood of the Forts being taken even at higher control levels.
Maybe I got a string of unlikely events that tweaked control. Not sure. I just know that pretty early in the game there was basically no longer anything to fight which was pretty annoying. I heard you can fix that by donating a ton to the bandits but my crafting was no where near the level that would be required to do that in meaningful amounts.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Maybe I got a string of unlikely events that tweaked control. Not sure. I just know that pretty early in the game there was basically no longer anything to fight which was pretty annoying. I heard you can fix that by donating a ton to the bandits but my crafting was no where near the level that would be required to do that in meaningful amounts.
I guess it was just luck then, a couple others had a similar experience to mine and I guess some ran into your problem as well which is why he's tweaking it.

How many power plants do you have left? I'm now down to seven. Prosperity is looking pretty...grim...here too, low twenties.

My corruption is going the wrong way too, church chimed in with a nasty -5, plus a couple others that lowered it. I want to be able to walk my shameless naked sluts down the street in peace, is that asking too much?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I guess it was just luck then, a couple others had a similar experience to mine and I guess some ran into your problem as well which is why he's tweaking it.

How many power plants do you have left? I'm now down to seven. Prosperity is looking pretty...grim...here too, low twenties.

My corruption is going the wrong way too, church chimed in with a nasty -5, plus a couple others that lowered it. I want to be able to walk my shameless naked sluts down the street in peace, is that asking too much?
Yeah it might have just been bad luck. I have never had the town be totally empty like that before in previous games. I actually started over again, partly because of that and partly because I filled up all my slave slots and couldn't hire some of the ones I really wanted without selling someone. Didn't want to have to wait til I could get the retreat.

I'm hoping that doctors kits work on MC like they do with the mercs but I haven't tested it yet. Ayden winds up being my main tank for a long time but if I get the health implants my main would eventually become the new tank.

No idea about the power plants. Not sure if I've gotten far enough for those to be an issue or not.

I think this time I'm going to try and be extra stingy until I can get the investment in the general store and weapon store up and running so I can better afford my mercs, even if it means selling all of the weapons I would normally want to donate for faction. I can always craft more of those eventually.

I'm also kind of curious how religious conversion works. Didn't get around to trying it last time. I did noticed that one of the options is an intelligence check so I'm kind of curious whether a success on that might give a chance for an Int increase. The other option was a dominant approach which I'm assuming is probably manipulate. I failed every time I've tried so far.

Most of the religions seem to give a pretty huge persuasion bonus at max devotion so if it's moderately reasonable to convert, that would conceivably be an easy way to make the girls nice and compliant even with 20 charm so I could take my time caressing my way up the charm ladder later. That would also give more time for some extra manipulation increases before I read the books.

I kind of like the Christianity start for the bonus stamina so far.

One other option I've actually never tried that might be interesting is to focus heavily on the slave trade early on. Instead of immediately selling those female slaves I capture, train them up a bit and sell them for a lot more. I imagine that would be a lot of fun but I don't know how viable since I've never done it, especially at relatively low starting charm levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah it might have just been bad luck. I have never had the town be totally empty like that before in previous games. I actually started over again, partly because of that and partly because I filled up all my slave slots and couldn't hire some of the ones I really wanted without selling someone. Didn't want to have to wait til I could get the retreat.

I'm hoping that doctors kits work on MC like they do with the mercs but I haven't tested it yet. Ayden winds up being my main tank for a long time but if I get the health implants my main would eventually become the new tank.

No idea about the power plants. Not sure if I've gotten far enough for those to be an issue or not.

I think this time I'm going to try and be extra stingy until I can get the investment in the general store and weapon store up and running so I can better afford my mercs, even if it means selling all of the weapons I would normally want to donate for faction. I can always craft more of those eventually.

I'm also kind of curious how religious conversion works. Didn't get around to trying it last time. I did noticed that one of the options is an intelligence check so I'm kind of curious whether a success on that might give a chance for an Int increase. The other option was a dominant approach which I'm assuming is probably manipulate. I failed every time I've tried so far.

Most of the religions seem to give a pretty huge persuasion bonus at max devotion so if it's moderately reasonable to convert, that would conceivably be an easy way to make the girls nice and compliant even with 20 charm so I could take my time caressing my way up the charm ladder later. That would also give more time for some extra manipulation increases before I read the books.

I kind of like the Christianity start for the bonus stamina so far.
I've done that, it was even tougher back when we only had six house slots plus the Arena.

I'm not sure about doctor's kits, I think you might have to have a slave with a high medicine in the first slot or something. I vaguely recall something like that. This character has not had the benefit of any doctor's kits, I had to take my lumps. As I was so late getting to the Medicine books I simply forgot about them and never trained any of my girls in that. That's something else I can still do with this character.

I only sell weapons to get to my goals in the beginning. That's Combat Armor, then Duraplate and finally the Roo and Walton investments. Nowadays I wait on Aria, I want to tame her quickly and there's other options for the Arena, more now since recent additions.

I've not ventured into religion. I've been kind of biding my time as it shakes out to see what I'm getting into before I take the leap of faith. I'm awfully tempted to take AEsir worship, but human sacrifice squicks me. Someone on the Discord asked why the slaves he kept donating didn't seem to add to the faction size...talk about naive! Maybe I'll take it and obviously not send any slaves there but to the Fort instead.

I do think the religion effects open up some interesting strategies, especially if you convert all your girls.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've done that, it was even tougher back when we only had six house slots plus the Arena.
Yeah it seems like a difficult option to try and start with unless you really go all in on the charm at character creation. I think I may try it pretty early this game so I picked Attractive rather than Melee master or Crafter this time but I still like Teen Subduer and Arouser for the final picks so I'm not starting with crazy high charm.

I'm not sure about doctor's kits, I think you might have a slave with a high medicine in the first slot or something. I vaguely recall something like that. This character has not had the benefit of any doctor's kits, I had to take my lumps. As I was so late getting to the Medicine books I simply forgot about them and never trained any of my girls in that. That's something else I can still do with this character.
Yeah the medical skill thing was one of my worries there as well. If my main is the one that gets taken down but he does have high medical skill is that good enough? Or do I need to train someone like Caitlyn up in combat and take her with me so she can patch me up? The problem with that is she's a HORRIBLE fighter initially. She does at least make a good quartermaster so I guess she'd work eventually but it would be a LONG road getting her combat skills trained up enough to actually be relevant.

I only sell weapons to get to my goals in the beginning. That's Combat Armor, then Duraplate and finally the Roo and Walton investments. Nowadays I wait on Aria, I want to tame her quickly and there's other options for the Arena, more now since recent additions.
Yeah I think with the Valkrie available immediately and the katana chick with the Space Hulk available for free a bit later as well I don't see a reason to get Aria immediately. The only problem is I'll probably end up having to sell 1 or both of them before I can get Aria if I pick them up for the arena.

I've not ventured into religion. I've been kind of biding my time as it shakes out to see what I'm getting into before I take the leap of faith. I'm awfully tempted to take AEsir worship, but human sacrifice squicks me. Someone on the Discord asked why the slaves he kept donating didn't seem to add to the faction size...talk about naive! Maybe I'll take it and obviously not send any slaves there but to the Fort instead.

I do think the religion effects open up some interesting strategies, especially if you convert all your girls.
Yeah other than the stamina benefit from Christianity I really haven't played with it much either yet. From a long term perspective I think it makes the most sense to save your favorite religion for last and do Atheism 2nd to last to cap your willpower right before moving on to the endgame religion. But that's a REALLY long time horizon. Both Aesir and Christianity have pretty nice near term benefits while Atheism offers basically nothing for a LONG time.

I may actually try going with zero top tiers this game and focus on slave trading and prostitution for awhile since I've never really messed with that much yet. I can still do the tier 1-5 bounties but would have to skip the tier 6.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah it seems like a difficult option to try and start with unless you really go all in on the charm at character creation. I think I may try it pretty early this game so I picked Attractive rather than Melee master or Crafter this time but I still like Teen Subduer and Arouser for the final picks so I'm not starting with crazy high charm.

Yeah the medical skill thing was one of my worries there as well. If my main is the one that gets taken down but he does have high medical skill is that good enough? Or do I need to train someone like Caitlyn up in combat and take her with me so she can patch me up? The problem with that is she's a HORRIBLE fighter initially. She does at least make a good quartermaster so I guess she'd work eventually but it would be a LONG road getting her combat skills trained up enough to actually be relevant.

Yeah I think with the Valkrie available immediately and the katana chick with the Space Hulk available for free a bit later as well I don't see a reason to get Aria immediately. The only problem is I'll probably end up having to sell 1 or both of them before I can get Aria if I pick them up for the arena.

Yeah other than the stamina benefit from Christianity I really haven't played with it much either yet. From a long term perspective I think it makes the most sense to save your favorite religion for last and do Atheism 2nd to last to cap your willpower right before moving on to the endgame religion. But that's a REALLY long time horizon. Both Aesir and Christianity have pretty nice near term benefits while Atheism offers basically nothing for a LONG time.

I may actually try going with zero top tiers this game and focus on slave trading and prostitution for awhile since I've never really messed with that much yet. I can still do the tier 1-5 bounties but would have to skip the tier 6.
Yes, I recall training up Caitlin in combat was a long grind. She had real trouble training (wasn't a Brawler either) in my Silver Tongue run, so she got to her present 89 mostly by crits. These days however you can put stealth armor on her and let her snipe away risk-free with a rifle. If you have three coilgun-bearers or better you don't need her to hit, just survive and get trained through crits, maybe get Warrioress points too. Dakota and Lovisa both became Warrioress through combat. Don't forget the two battles at the Arena either, you can take anyone there and they'll never get a scratch on them if you can take down the enemy in a few rounds like anyone should be able to.

I don't think Caitlin needs training in medicine to operate the doctor's kit, I think she starts with enough if I'm remembering correctly about this.

Pai's little teen bitch is another good fighter available early that's good Arena meat in the very beginning.

If you play long enough and blow all over Tori and Cersei's cute little faces and play poker at Dockgraves you don't really need much help getting to 80 WP.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, I recall training up Caitlin in combat was a long grind. She had real trouble training (wasn't a Brawler either) in my Silver Tongue run, so she got to her present 89 mostly by crits. These days however you can put stealth armor on her and let her snipe away risk-free with a rifle. If you have three coilgun-bearers or better you don't need her to hit, just survive and get trained through crits, maybe get Warrioress points too. Dakota and Lovisa both became Warrioress through combat. Don't forget the two battles at the Arena either, you can take anyone there and they'll never get a scratch on them if you can take down the enemy in a few rounds like anyone should be able to.

I don't think Caitlin needs training in medicine to operate the doctor's kit, I think she starts with enough if I'm remembering correctly about this.

Pai's little teen bitch is another good fighter available early that's good Arena meat in the very beginning.

If you play long enough and blow all over Tori and Cersei's cute little faces and play poker at Dockgraves you don't really need much help getting to 80 WP.
Yeah if she can actually use doctor's kits on the MC then I don't care how long it takes for me to train her up. Having your quartermaster in combat with you gives other bonuses as well so would definitely be worth it, especially for a run where you're not doing top tiers. MC takes all the damage, Caitlyn fixes you up.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ok I think the widely different experience some people are having with control probably is just random events. Just noticed this in my new game. Day 8 and already at 54 control. And the event I just got while sleeping boosted it by 12 just now.

control.jpg

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
I sort of don't want them to do away with re-spawning mobs, they a good cash source;...
unless there are new just as easy ways to earn money @ game start?

teedghj94

Apr 7, 2021
GD does! Over on Discord. :p
Sorry I shouldn't make fun of your request, this is after all the sort of question this forum is originally for. But I doubt you'll get much support for your request in this thread. Many of us are paying supporters, and it is in our interest (the way I see it at least) to have more paying supporters. Enabling GD to spend more time on development is really paying off for me.
LMFAO didnt need all that but thank you for it anywho

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I sort of don't want them to do away with re-spawning mobs, they a good cash source;...
unless there are new just as easy ways to earn money @ game start?
Yeah I prefer to have plenty of things to fight as well personally. One option that might be a good way to tweak things to suit different playstyles might be to have these control events offer some sort of choice.

For instance instead of just randomly gaining 12 control or whatever maybe you get an event with some sort of bandit uprising and you can choose to go personally deal with this bandit uprising or ignore it. If you go deal with it yourself you have to fight them and then you gain control. If you ignore them then you lose control.

Jun 10, 2022
Hmmm, is this a bug or am i missing something? I can't capture more than 4slaves at a time. Once I get 4 captured, I get message saying I'm full even though capture slave slots 5 and 6 are empty.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Hmmm, is this a bug or am i missing something? I can't capture more than 4slaves at a time. Once I get 4 captured, I get message saying I'm full even though capture slave slots 5 and 6 are empty.
Do you have a full party? You can only hold a max of your party + 1. So solo you can hold two captures, and with four followers + the MC you can hold six. If you do have a full party it might be bugged.

Jun 10, 2022
Do you have a full party? You can only hold a max of your party + 1. So solo you can hold two captures, and with four followers + the MC you can hold six. If you do have a full party it might be bugged.
Thanks. No, I didn't have full party. I'll try that.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes