khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If I were to do it again, and I'd rather not as I'm ninety days into my latest Rise from the Ashes run and I want to get somewhere with it, I might even let Mae wait. I don't usually end up getting enough pistols to get that income anytime soon anyway, and all Mae is doing for me now is getting oggled by Roo when she gets her measly 25 RD income--and aging. I might just get the Valkria, as she's pretty much guaranteed to be a decent Arena choice, put off the combat that includes the sex slave and leave Talika in Kasey's Park for a while too. I'm going to have to take out the ones that prevent/inhibit the caravans soon enough and I think that's all I can handle as I consider Rebecca an early must-have as well and Juno and Michelle are gimmies and I like them.
I've waited on Mae before as well but it doesn't take that long to get enough stuff for Belial guns even if you rely exclusively on drops and never craft anything so I just always grab her now.

I did stumble into an option for manipulation recently that I hadn't really tried before and I'm not sure how well it would translate to a rise from the ashes start since your manipulation is not starting off high.

My previous game I started with 85 manipulation but only 35 charm and was kind of fumbling around trying to figure out how to make progress with the randoms who despised me without having to rely on charm checks. Turns out just requesting sex in a demanding manner works pretty frequently (manipulation check) even if they hate you and without any prep work on them (no gifts, no compliments, not even a bath together). They even start with positive arousal.

I usually had to stop shortly after I started when their arousal went negative but it was still enough to pretty reliably boost happiness and affection on girls who hated me without boosting respect or anything else with them first. It was also giving me manipulation skill increases occasionally.

I didn't try it before I had fully upgraded my bedroom and living room so I suspect the passive bonuses combined with such a high manipulation are why it was working so well, but I imagine if you cycle through the girls once you have the house upgrades you would still occasionally get a success.

By contrast, all attempts I made at seduction and bondage were complete failures with the girls always failing every charm or manipulation check, always starting with negative arousal, and always hating me even more when I was done than when I started.

I was intentionally avoiding my usual process of first building respect to 20 with them and then doing compliments and seduction because for randoms I'm trying to break quickly it's just too slow. It needs to work at 0 respect when they hate me or it's not going to happen.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

wicked1234

Apr 17, 2019
Interesting! I am still playing 0.8.2.0.b public version end those kids appeared to me quite like in earlier versions. Couldn't even go further without 'investigating voices' and asking the kids about continuation.
Was thrilled about a possibility to fight zombies w/o befriending with (or robbing) the kids there.

I hate zombies, so it'd be nice to clean the place from them. Unfortunate for me, I hate issids even more than zombies, so I'd like to pretend I don't even know about Laika and especially Loden being there... :oops:
No one has any idea what the deal is?

It says there are voices but when I investigate statue it just gives me a description of the statue with no other options.

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
I got Maston Avenue, Imogen's Barrow and the Academy as quick travel points - How do I get the last one?

Hans98

Aug 3, 2018
Hi There,
does anybody know how to rise Aimees Corruption?
I got Dakota as Slave and invested quite a lot of Bucks in Aimees Goods but only the affection of Aimee is rising a bit.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
I ran into the same problem and have been thinking about it lately and figured I should have let some of them wait as I didn't end up having enough room or time to train them before being forced to sell them. I could have left the girl on the lawn in Stokke Hills, the sex slave Watery Eyes, Talika and the Valkyria until I was better able to train them.
Yeah my plan for now is to NOT capture any of the unique randoms other than Mae for an extended period of time.
Paradoxically, I think a way to "fix" this would be to increase presence of capturable low-value slaves (procgen would need expansion, though), and gate the uniques/more valuable ones behind higher skill requirements to access them (be nice if you events/quests had procgen slaves as postential rewards from time to time).

Some bandit matress would either require intensive training (beyond capacity of early game), or either immediate sale or quick-and-dirty hard approach to Willpower decrease to make some extra bucks. If they aren't unusual in frequency of occurence, the player would have limited reason to "hog" such encounters for when they can address the training, even disregarding the differentiation in quality from other sources.

Combat capture of "free" characters should come with massive penalty to all appropriate stats (but their skills/attribs should be also appropriately higher), and Anger should reflect it - again, making it a choice of either quick-sale, hard-bondage breaking, or much greater investment of time and possibly money to produce contributing household addition than slaves you can buy from the market.

Characters like Valkyrie or Talika should be even more difficult to accustom to their new role.

Basically "punk" and "liberated" sex slaves for quick cash (100-200 on instasale at best). Bandits for hard-to-break higher value potential. Unique characters and one-off or very rare capture events for top potential (again, with increasing difficulty to bring it into usability).

But if all but the last are resonably frequent possibilities, it would take away from the disappointment of "missing out" on high quality slave from a player running into them too soon to benefit from such a capture.

Then again, the training room already has a cage planned. Maybe we could use that to drop the "can't handle yet" slave or two into. Add some options for how lenient you are in their care, tie them to possibility of attribute/stat loss. Maybe require a job assignment as caretaker, as well - it's not like you can't get some low-value slave obedient enough to do it. Though lower affection and obedience from the assigned slave might increase the odds of successful "escape" of the caged one...

Anyway, tl;dr: Agree that the procgen slaves, and higher number of uniques, makes early game a juggling of "do I want to do this right now?" that does not help with smooth gameplay. As much as I appreciate that this became an issue in the first place.

Doubly detrimental in case of unique slaves, since it's a direct loss of gameplay experience to sell any of them.
does anybody know how to rise Aimees Corruption?
I got Dakota as Slave and invested quite a lot of Bucks in Aimees Goods but only the affection of Aimee is rising a bit.
Might be WIP - a quick glance at the code showed a dialogue where Aimee declares her willingness to be indebted to the MC when Dakota is snatched (not sure if you need "not nice" approach or whatnot), but I couldn't spot any follow-up to that.

If you take Dakota into your household she has some lines about missing Aimee, but I couldn't see any events involving either as a follow-up there, either.

Last edited:

Hephannon

Mar 1, 2020
Playing the game for quite some time now but still very bad ...
Yet I've found that pimping girls is a real cash cow, try to increase the girls willingness to do it !
Can someone point me about best way to increase corruption or reduce Willpower ? Can't really determine if bondage helps much, or dominant sex, or whatever..

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Playing the game for quite some time now but still very bad ...
Yet I've found that pimping girls is a real cash cow, try to increase the girls willingness to do it !
Can someone point me about best way to increase corruption or reduce Willpower ? Can't really determine if bondage helps much, or dominant sex, or whatever..
Get bondage or flagellation up then ask her for bondage sex and use preferably the rack. Caress her pussy or use dildos (or hit her if you have high a high flagellation skill) to get her arousal to 8-9. Initiate sex (preferably vaginal or anal) and bring her to orgasm. This has a great chance to reduce her Willpower, increase her corruption and provides happiness and affection boosts. Check out the wiki as some acessories can help you out as well.

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
Making her orgasm from vaginal sex in bondage is my preferred method. Its the reason I always get the copulation boost in character creation these days. With the right slave traits, willpower is irrelevant.
You will need some bondage skill to get arousal up with a dildo before sex, with low skill arousal can go down so beware.
One thing Ive not seen mentioned, having a shower/bath with her beforehand and using the scrub me/her options can give you a headstart with arousal ;)

Reactions: Hephannon

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Paradoxically, I think a way to "fix" this would be to increase presence of capturable low-value slaves (procgen would need expansion, though), and gate the uniques/more valuable ones behind higher skill requirements to access them (be nice if you events/quests had procgen slaves as postential rewards from time to time).

Some bandit matress would either require intensive training (beyond capacity of early game), or either immediate sale or quick-and-dirty hard approach to Willpower decrease to make some extra bucks. If they aren't unusual in frequency of occurence, the player would have limited reason to "hog" such encounters for when they can address the training, even disregarding the differentiation in quality from other sources.

Combat capture of "free" characters should come with massive penalty to all appropriate stats (but their skills/attribs should be also appropriately higher), and Anger should reflect it - again, making it a choice of either quick-sale, hard-bondage breaking, or much greater investment of time and possibly money to produce contributing household addition than slaves you can buy from the market.
Yeah I'm not sure if it's possible to always train all randoms before selling them if you always capture the female bandit in stokke hills every time she appears.

I did find a new method (for me anyway) of grinding up manipulate that works even on a character with horrible stats though. I started a rise from the ashes game on grimdark level so my charm and manipulate both started at 25. I got the aim implant so now my charm is 20. I can still request sex from Caitlyn with nearly a 100% success chance as soon as I get her and you sometimes get manipulation increases from that. Same thing works for slaves with low willpower even if they hate you. Caitlyn seems to be a bit of a special case and is just scripted to be more agreeable than usual to the request sex option.

This is without the house upgrades. The chance should improve further with those.

Charm was already easy to get to high levels via the hospital, but it's expensive. So manipulation seems to be a more viable option when your stats are horrible.

Last edited:

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
About the Tier 2 slave; I understand there are some choices when picking her background. Do any of them give her a high Domestic, or make her eligible for dancing at the Golden Dragon?

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Is there any way to grind intelligence points above 70? Wiki says nothing about a cap at the academy. I'm currently teaching science there and got to duel a 'child' and got 1 point out of it. Unfortunately the event doesn't seem to provide any additional points when I stumble opon this event again.

Does anyone have a plan how to most efficiently increase intelligence further with books and academy courses? E. g. requirements to get the max out of it?

Last edited:

msor

Aug 5, 2020
About the Tier 2 slave; I understand there are some choices when picking her background. Do any of them give her a high Domestic, or make her eligible for dancing at the Golden Dragon?
There is a Domestic choice in each of three branches. Sadistic+Domestic, for example, gives a slave with 50 domestic skill.
But I do not think that there is a choice for dancing skill.

Reactions: Lurker452

msor

Aug 5, 2020
Is there any way to grind intelligence points above 70? Wiki says nothing about a cap at the academy. I'm currently teaching science there and got to duel a 'child' and got 1 point out of it. Unfortunately the event doesn't seem to provide any additional points when I stumble opon this event again.

Does anyone have a plan how to most efficiently increase intelligence further with books and academy courses? E. g. requirements to get the max out of it?
Some books/courses gives biggest reward after Int>=60, but others require Int>=70. So I would recommend to farm it up to 70 before starting read/learn.

You can grind Intelligence during RPG nights. Each campaign has 4 chapters, you can complete one chapter per event. After 4 events - you will be rewarded with Academic, Science, Manipulation and Intelligence skills. There are no skill limit and result is guaranteed. No save scumming required. Technically you can start as a brain-dead troll and using these - become a super smart character.

• Love
Reactions: khumak and Shanni

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

The only way I know to truly grind it is by Carousing at Dockgraves. That one can get you multiple points. I've only ever gotten one from the Spaceball Event, and as far as I know there's only two RPG campaigns, the one through the event engine and the one DM'd by Ayden, and they're not repeatable.

Edit to add: I just re-read your post and noted you wanted to grind over 70, I don't know if you can do that at Dockgraves. That's the point I quit and started reading books/doing classes. Then I ended up with an INT over 100 and that's about as good as you can get I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpikyHair

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
There is a domestic option, but she only ends up with like 45-50 Domestic. There's none that give her a 70 Dancing to start.

Reactions: Lurker452

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The only way I know to truly grind it is by Carousing at Dockgraves. That one can get you multiple points. I've only ever gotten one from the Spaceball Event, and as far as I know there's only two RPG campaigns, the one through the event engine and the one DM'd by Ayden, and they're not repeatable.

Edit to add: I just re-read your post and noted you wanted to grind over 70, I don't know if you can do that at Dockgraves. That's the point I quit and started reading books/doing classes. Then I ended up with an INT over 100 and that's about as good as you can get I think.
From what I heard on discord there is an uncapped option but it's expensive. Have a lavish wedding with a girl. Get divorced. Repeat til you have however much int you want.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
From what I heard on discord there is an uncapped option but it's expensive. Have a lavish wedding with a girl. Get divorced. Repeat til you have however much int you want.
Eh, I won't do that, but thanks for the info.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes