khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
While I've seen teams taking her down without losing a single combatant (probably due to HULC armors), there's also a daily 5% chance that the Space Marines will be flown in to deal with the threat. Just waiting it out is therefore also an option - especially for MC's taking the Academic approach.
IMO it would be better to have him only show up after say half a year. That would give people time to build up some combat stats before he can appear. For me he's showed up in the first 30-40 days for 2 games in a row now. I killed him but it took a few months to build up to where I was ready to take him down, and before hulk armor was a thing it required save scumming unless you had extremely high dex on both MC and all your mercs. That's not something that's possible quickly.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yes, but I feel dirty.

Ok. If there are a 5% Of daily chance of being rid of her, I withdraw all objection. Just happens that in other run I had the bloody Godzilla going wild by ¿100? days and I thought that she would be there for ever. Just a case of bad luck, I guess
Do you play on Grimdark? In that case I think the chance of Space Marine action on the matter is closer to 1%.

CRABB

Jun 3, 2017
Why does the player's armor break so easily?
Whenever I fight an opponent with a coil gun or plasma gun, my armor durability is significantly damaged. Going to the store and paying money every time I fight such a battle or repairing it myself at home will only make the gameplay experience frustrating and annoying.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Whenever I fight an opponent with a coil gun or plasma gun, my armor durability is significantly damaged. Going to the store and paying money every time I fight such a battle or repairing it myself at home will only make the gameplay experience frustrating and annoying.
It's a cost of combat readiness. The ones pursuing hunting, academics or crafting don't have to pay it, but you make more money in less time beating people up and taking their stuff but occasionally have to scrape their innards off your armor lest the putrid stench debilitate you. I hate it when some lucky punk fires his pipegun through my armor and takes two off, but I like that I care and can arrange for him any number of ignominious fates at the end of the battle.

It's actually really easy to repair armors once you have the Blacksmithing to do it.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
You can also make a slave with high Science your Quartermistress and she'll repair your armor for free.

CRABB

Jun 3, 2017
It's a cost of combat readiness. The ones pursuing hunting, academics or crafting don't have to pay it, but you make more money in less time beating people up and taking their stuff but occasionally have to scrape their innards off your armor lest the putrid stench debilitate you. I hate it when some lucky punk fires his pipegun through my armor and takes two off, but I like that I care and can arrange for him any number of ignominious fates at the end of the battle.

It's actually really easy to repair armors once you have the Blacksmithing to do it.
What I'm trying to say is that repairing that armor often forces you to click a lot, overly repetitively. If there was a separate repair button after battle so that repairs could be done with one click, it wouldn't be a problem at all. But for repairs, move the map and enter the house, click facilities, click crafting, click start crafting, click my armor, and finally click repair. And as you mentioned earlier some lucky punk fires his pipegun through my armor and takes two off, I have to repeat this action again. This isn't funny. It would be very annoying if this game required you to go to the hospital to use injections to restore health. This is also the same.

CRABB

Jun 3, 2017
You can also make a slave with high Science your Quartermistress and she'll repair your armor for free.
I think regenerating one soak point per day is not solving this problem. It is very common to lose more than 3 soak points in one battle.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
What I'm trying to say is that repairing that armor often forces you to click a lot, overly repetitively. If there was a separate repair button after battle so that repairs could be done with one click, it wouldn't be a problem at all. But for repairs, move the map and enter the house, click facilities, click crafting, click start crafting, click my armor, and finally click repair. And as you mentioned earlier some lucky punk fires his pipegun through my armor and takes two off, I have to repeat this action again. This isn't funny. It would be very annoying if this game required you to go to the hospital to use injections to restore health. This is also the same.
Some have speculated that Grimdark gets paid per click by the secret cabal of mouse manufacturers; others intimate that he must somehow get a tiny pulse of energy for every click and we're all just hamsters on a wheel fueling his bid for global domination. I can't speak to those possibilities, but I'm kinda used to games where you have to click incessantly as they're complex games and often each click is a decision you must make. Sometimes through a plethora of tacked-on menus, the result of an interface forced to accommodate dozens of DLCs that were never envisioned when the basic game was devised (that would be you EUIV).

One thing though, you don't have to repair your armor each and every time. I often let it go unless I'm going up against a tier-6 bounty or something akin, otherwise I see if eventually my Quartermistress can catch up. If you want to ensure maximum readiness at all times, shouldn't you do a little work to achieve that? If you'd rather not, slack off a little and see what you can get away with, that adds a little spice to the game too. Some days the best part of the days battles is that my armor didn't even get nicked!

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I think regenerating one soak point per day is not solving this problem. It is very common to lose more than 3 soak points in one battle.
I would like to see it go to two eventually, perhaps at a higher science value or somesuch.

One soak point per day is a bit grim, Mr. Dark!

• Hey there
Reactions: GD-studios

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
I always make a good combat crew, but not always ASAP by choosing all combat boosts and training the house down from day 1.
In 2 games I've started on Grimdark mode since the Terror was realeased, it spawned within 10 days then within 30 days. I really didnt have a chance to take it on properly before it was gone. Would be nice if it was a reoccuring spawn, or later in the game as khumak said.

Liking some of the new mechanics though, was funny to see Prosperity at a negative value and the effects of that. The extra food will be awesome for when the housing revamp occurs.

Variety in daily routine can be good for saving money/time btw. I tend to spend a few days after tough combat recovering, letting HP passively rise (and taking baths with slaves to raise HP). Theres always education/training or something else that can be done, unless youre in very late game. Didnt buy 1 tendstim yet in my latest GD run, just used those I got from other sources.
Also having a quartermistress with science trained up to 80+ for repairing armour is handy, I never had to do it myself.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I would like to see it go to two eventually, perhaps at a higher science value or somesuch.

One soak point per day is a bit grim, Mr. Dark!
The workaround I use for that is to just keep a suit of combat armor, weave, and duraplate for my main. If my duraplate starts getting excessively beat up I will just spread the damage around a bit to the combat armor and weave until my quartermistress gets caught up on the duraplate. Hulk armor is the real issue since she can't repair that. You can repair it yourself with hulk parts but those are limited drops so eventually you will have to buy the parts.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
More about Raising the Int and Education of your Issids

Loren at 40 Int: Scav +1, Janitor +1, Guard 5, Captain 9, Whore 45, Accountant +1
Loren at 60 Int: Scavenge +2, Janitor +1, Guard 5, Captain 9, Whore 45, Acccountant +7
Clearly very low in the priority list.

Peasant at 30 Int: Scav +5, Janitor +2 Guard +12 Captain +9, Accountant +2
Peasant at 40 Int: No increases in any field
Peasant at 60 Int: Scav +8, Janitor +2, Guard +12, Captain +9, Accountant +19

Enya at 40 Int: Scav +2, Janitor +2, Guard +10, Captain +8, Whore +30, Accountant +2
Enya at 60 Int: Scav +6, Janitor +2 Guard +10, Captain +8, Whore +30, accountant +8

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
There must be some hidden modifiers. It would be really nice if some knowledge person would update the wiki with how to optimize each Issid. :)
It would be a lot better if instead of the wiki, the game itself would give you some insight when you talk with your Issids. That Mr Doyle tell´s you when you try to train him something in the line of "Old Dogs don´t learn new tricks", or Loren telling you " expending time reading it´s for pussies", and Aiko showing some encouraging line, or you find she around Armand...

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
It would be a lot better if instead of the wiki, the game itself would give you some insight when you talk with your Issids. That Mr Doyle tell´s you when you try to train him something in the line of "Old Dogs don´t learn new tricks", or Loren telling you " expending time reading it´s for pussies", and Aiko showing some encouraging line, or you find she around Armand...
That's a good idea, there's dialogue that comes up when you click on them sometimes, but I don't know if it's random or meaningful. Once I clicked on Dexter and he complained that Guard work was boring, so I sent him to school instead and later made him an accountant. That was a real good deal for a time, but I guessed it got nerfed some recently.

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
Some have speculated that Grimdark gets paid per click...
What is this "click" thing? The game design favors a Redmond operating system with a browser that uses the Blink and V8 engines. It is meant to be "hands free", unlike those mainstream "one-handed" games. Just say "Cortana, deliver 250 knives to Fort Hamilton" and avoid any repetitive strain injury caused by over-mousing. ;)

Cpt_Jerkoff

Feb 16, 2021
The investments eventually kind of snowball and that's where the real money is. This is what I'm making passively now on day 268. I focused more heavily than most people probably do on combat. Tier 7 bounties in particular are pretty lucrative but they're tough until you get your mercs geared/skilled up.

View attachment 3006641
Hey can i ask where did you find the odensborg

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
How to raise issid's (merc's) affection , besides "spend time together"?
I've found that carousing in Dock's tavern raises happines of some issids

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
More about Raising the Int and Education of your Issids

Loren at 40 Int: Scav +1, Janitor +1, Guard 5, Captain 9, Whore 45, Accountant +1
Loren at 60 Int: Scavenge +2, Janitor +1, Guard 5, Captain 9, Whore 45, Acccountant +7
Clearly very low in the priority list.

Peasant at 30 Int: Scav +5, Janitor +2 Guard +12 Captain +9, Accountant +2
Peasant at 40 Int: No increases in any field
Peasant at 60 Int: Scav +8, Janitor +2, Guard +12, Captain +9, Accountant +19

Enya at 40 Int: Scav +2, Janitor +2, Guard +10, Captain +8, Whore +30, Accountant +2
Enya at 60 Int: Scav +6, Janitor +2 Guard +10, Captain +8, Whore +30, accountant +8
Guard power rises with melee skill right? or something else?
And what the scavenging skill of the Issids is used for?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes