Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
WEll, Not sure if you make the optimal choices

Investments are for building a passive income. Getting money every time you get to bet. You must pay attention at the turnover rate. The Sex shop thing it´s not an investment. It´s just buying a slave for 6000$

The ones that you must get first are the ones with the best turnover rate. Cassually are the cheapest ones. Supposing you have Rebbeca as Skulduggerist

Falkenstein in Kassey park (1% of being shut down, but there are thigs that reduce it) Turnover 12 days
The Felton Brothers in Stokke Hills and the Falht brothers in Waterly eyes. Turnover 36-38 days
Stralsund caravan in Imogens Barrow (after killing the tribemen, a 2-3 days job at most) . Turnover 53 days
German caravans in Kassey Park. Turnover 46 days
First Stage of Aimee Shop: Not sure, but IIRR, first Security + First wares gives you +25 in return and its ¿2100? of investment, so below 100 days turnover.
Belial Guns. Tricky to calculate. You must delivery 25 handguns. At 180$ each (selling price at the market) that´s a 4.500 investment. At 300 (buying price at Imperial Arms), 7500$ investment. Counting half-and half, 6000$ investment. Turnover in 100 days.

All this can be accomplished in the first 10 days of play, with ease, and in my opinion all they are an absolute must. All added it´s + +370 of income every single day and will cost you less that 20.000.

PAY THE PUNKS at the docks!!!. You need to reduce their number to 9 or less. You will need more that 40 days to exterminate them, you need to visit the docks ex profeso and they will soak 30$ per day of profit. In my opinion, they are not worth the headache.

Now we can move to the middle game. Sadly, the turnovers will go down. They are more long term investments.

The main investments are Abbot Ro General Store and Walton Gun Store. You need to get 10.000 influence to unlock them and they are big expenses.

Abbot Ro costs you 75.000 and, with Rebeca its a 150 days turnover. The Gun Store, 200.000 and 180 days turnover. That´s your measuring stick. Any other investment opportunity that you find need to have a better turnover. If it´s not the case, wait and save the money in order to have this pair as soon as possible.

Don´t forget that you can get a 25.000$ at the Bank. The interest it´s low and if you get Abbot a week earlier with the credit it will rent you to get it.
Great post, a few notes: Regarding the Dockyard Punks. I never pay them and eventually wipe them out because they are a source of easy battles to increase the Respect of slavegirls and also acquire the sorts of weapons you need for the Belial investment. While remembering to go to the Docks every 3-4 days can be a pain, if you Carouse at Dockyards Tavern or want to get the Touch of Adonis early (when it's most helpful) you'll be there pretty regularly anyways.

If you've no interest in Piper as a slavegirl you can still buy her and have her work at Devious Tools for a while for $100/day and odds are in the beginning you won't have anyone else who'll qualify, but thinking on it the one you get from the punk on the lawn outside the house you find Juno tied to in Stokke Hills might also work. It's also likely you can make a decent profit off Piper if you don't let her willpower go up and do a little training.

I've not tried it in a while but it used to be the Falth Brothers penalty would keep you from pegging Affection at 'Undying' requiring regular maintenance if you want to keep your slavegirls at that level. He has added additional ways of maintaining Affection so it's possible that these days the Falth Bros penalty is washed out by all the positives.

Reactions: lurkathon

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
I agree that dockpunks are good to kill. In addition to what Gunner Rey said, they are easy to enslave early with a newbie crew wildly swinging Canes around, giving some handy income and probably even some mellee/ranged skill increases.

Affection maintenance is indeed the reason I've taken out Falths sometimes in the past. If the household does grow larger in future updates, I may yet kill them again :sneaky: Edit: it wouldn't be the optimal min/max strategy, just for QoL in later game so I can concentrate on other things

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've not tried it in a while but it used to be the Falth Brothers penalty would keep you from pegging Affection at 'Undying' requiring regular maintenance if you want to keep your slavegirls at that level. He has added additional ways of maintaining Affection so it's possible that these days the Falth Bros penalty is washed out by all the positives.
Maybe it used to be an issue but I've never taken out the Faith brothers and I have no problem keeping all the girls at undying affection once I get to reasonable charm. Occasional compliments and encourage is all it takes. Fucking them occasionally works even better but that obviously takes more time if you're busy with other things.

The only real exception is Feminists. Until you get them corrupted they are just not going to like you much unless you fuck them constantly. Fortunately once you get their corruption high enough, they stop being feminists after awhile. I didn't even realize that was a thing until my current game. 5 of my girls started off as Feminists. Now none of them are feminists.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Maybe it used to be an issue but I've never taken out the Faith brothers and I have no problem keeping all the girls at undying affection once I get to reasonable charm. Occasional compliments and encourage is all it takes. Fucking them occasionally works even better but that obviously takes more time if you're busy with other things.

The only real exception is Feminists. Until you get them corrupted they are just not going to like you much unless you fuck them constantly. Fortunately once you get their corruption high enough, they stop being feminists after awhile. I didn't even realize that was a thing until my current game. 5 of my girls started off as Feminists. Now none of them are feminists.
Thanks for the info, maybe next time I'll let them live and eventually invest there when I get around to subverting the AEsir religion.

Without the Falth brothers penalty I don't have much trouble hurdling the 'Feminist Trough' and getting to 'Loving' to eliminate that penalty. I can see how it might be a bit tougher with that affection malus, but with some good hard stuffings betwixt outings to the Virax Springs and some ointment I can can probably manage it.

Five feminists at one time? I don't think I've ever had that kind of luck. I didn't savescum my girls in my Rise from the Ashes runs and got a few, but not all at the same time I don't think.

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
Ansel, Bud, the Peasant, the Space Marine and Rebecca all get happiness points from Carousing at Dockgraves, and Bud gets Attention Whore points.
The question was about affection, not happiness.

Also Rebecca is not a merc (Issid) she is a slave and her happiness may be raised with a lot of actions at home with much less time investments.
By the way there is a much more effective way (less time more points per action) to raise happiness of the mercs (also some corrupted slaves) in the Fort Sera using sex slaves and having followers: Loren , Enya, Ansel, Bud, Peasant, Armand. maybe some of the top-tier mercs too, but I didn't hired them yet.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
0.8.2.2 progress report!

0.8.2.2 is now available for Tier 3 ($10) subscribers. If you enjoy MoR and want to support its , you'll gain instant access to the . That would also include the Tier 2+ unique features/quests.

SCREENSHOTS:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

justted

Oct 17, 2023
don't bother with that. Too much work for little amount of money. 75k isn't much for late game.
Perhaps... but I like finishing things (lol one of the reasons I play grinding type games). "AND" dun dun dun!!! The next one is 195K so I plan to finish it too :).

Reactions: lurkathon

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Perhaps... but I like finishing things (lol one of the reasons I play grinding type games). "AND" dun dun dun!!! The next one is 195K so I plan to finish it too :).
I'm the opposite. Grind=boring in my book. I tolerate this game's grind because everything else is quite well made.

Reactions: justted

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
I like grinding in case it leads to achievement I can think as a positive one. Grinding just for grindings sake - that's distasteful for me.
Lately I have noticed that slave girls' happiness and affection have been capped in my game (0.8.2.1 public version). Trivial thing, perhaps, but irritates me to see how my favorite girl - after I have spent supposedly nice time with feeding her, taking her to restaurant, watching stars with her, and so on - loses large chunks of happiness and affection during some night for no comprehensible reason and definitely not for my MC:s 'bad' behavior. (-20 affection per one night the current record. I swear I was not strangling her or anything during her rest. Traditional 'moblow' in the morning should not be quite THAT horrible, I imagine.)

Another more or less meaningless observation: In earlier game versions charuk hunting dropped every now and then some skill points. Not too many and not too often, but I liked that and some 'teams' of mine were finally quite well 'charuk-schooled'.
No more random skill points from charuks! Kinda sad, methinks.

Reactions: Daba

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
0.8.2.2 progress report!

0.8.2.2 is now available for Tier 3 ($10) subscribers. If you enjoy MoR and want to support its , you'll gain instant access to the . That would also include the Tier 2+ unique features/quests.

SCREENSHOTS:

That means that in a few days will be relased to public? May be to the end of the month/1 of November?

cptnemo

Apr 9, 2018
What is the Special Quest for "You visited the Mastersphere" origin?
The only difference I see is Roderick being replaced by a punk.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
That quest is not yet in the game . But will come at one point. Pretty much all of the special quests during the character creation are not in yet.

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
Is "My Standing" at Fort Sera capped at 150?
(It is for my PC...)

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is "My Standing" at Fort Sera capped at 150?
(It is for my PC...)
Standing with all factions is capped at 150 or less I believe. Power should be uncapped though so you can still improve the income they're providing if you continue donating, it just slows down after you hit 150 standing.

Reactions: LizJ and GD-studios

micelak

Dec 1, 2018
Any chance in hosting other than on Mega? I am T4 subscriber on subscribestar. Was looking forward to jumping right into game, but hit Mega Quota....For subbing T4,was hoping you'd have more than one way to download....especially when the only way to download has a quota on free downloads.

0.8.2.2 progress report!

SCREENSHOTS:

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes