ntelinatsos

Apr 29, 2018
I'm assuming you got to the Task 2 for the Hunt Research (Infinity), as well? It's currently unfeasible until there is a new way to consistently train slave's intelligence outside of letting them sit as students and pray to the RNG gods. It would be nice if you could raise intelligence as easily as you can with servants. If you really want the 195K, you can always take a high INT slave and shorten the days, but you're easily looking at 400-500 days for 20-30 levels.

I'd suggest skipping it until it's reworked.
Actually i'm in task III and that's even harder than task II.
See the image above this post.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
In the first screenshot you can see the Intelligence of my slave (35) and in the second screenshot, you can see the Intelligence of my slave 20 days later, studing in History and Anthropology (9% chances to increase Int per day).

As you can see, in 20 days she got zero Intelligence, and i need to increase her Intelligence up to 85 (+50 Int).

So, i'm asking to add a new way to increase our slave's Intelligence, since in the current system, is kinda impossible.
You could marry her and take her to the cafe over and over again. There's a small chance of increasing her intelligence each time. The chance increases if you have science and/or academics higher than 90 (both is better). There's also an extremely small chance that she will increase your intelligence as well but that only works if you have high academics and science and even with that it's a less than 1% chance. I haven't tried it in awhile because the chance is small enough it pretty much requires abusing F5 unless you want to grind it out for 20+ years in game. Technically you can use that method to boost a girl to 120 intelligence though.

The academy is really the only passive way I think. I don't know what the cap there is but I know for sure that Averil has gained points there and she starts at 80.

Starting from 35 intelligence is probably not worth it though. You might be better off hitting the slave auction and buying a virgin with high intelligence. Then you can train up her other stats.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
My Science is 64. So I am screwed, then? Guess I can try to get a techie to come.

<edit> I just looked. I have no one with techie skills. This seems like a bug, if a quest has no possibility of moving forward.
You just need higher Science to do that one, it's more of a longer term goal. Science is not that difficult to get, but depending on how you do it you may have to spend some time getting there. Have you read the books? As I recall you said you did the courses at the Academy. If not, stop at the bookstore and pick up the science books and you'll be there in no time.

Quriosity

Sep 5, 2019
You just need higher Science to do that one, it's more of a longer term goal. Science is not that difficult to get, but depending on how you do it you may have to spend some time getting there. Have you read the books? As I recall you said you did the courses at the Academy. If not, stop at the bookstore and pick up the science books and you'll be there in no time.
I have read all the books in all the subjects. I have done all the courses. I guess I will sit in at the academy, and see if I can grind some smarts :p

Fade710

Nov 7, 2022
Is there a pregnancy's timer somewhere, I thought I saw one but then I couldn't find it again?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have read all the books in all the subjects. I have done all the courses. I guess I will sit in at the academy, and see if I can grind some smarts :p
This must either be a rise from the ashes start or you didn't pick the intelligence boosting perks at the start of the game. The rewards you get from the classes and books are really bad if your starting intelligence is less than around 60 and you want at least 70 before you start reading any books. If you're not doing a rise from the ashes start, do yourself a favor and always take both brainy and gambler for the intelligence boost. Personally, I like to also take nerd for the boost to science and academics since that makes the quest you're trying to do now possible without reading any books or taking any classes.

If you are doing a rise from the ashes start then grinding out intelligence just takes a really long time. Ideally you want to get enough intelligence from carousing at dockgraves, poker, etc to get you up around 60 before taking any classes or reading any books. Having extravagant weddings over and over is a higher chance way to gain intelligence but it's $25k for each wedding and it's still only about a 20% chance. So you'll need several million dollars worth of weddings to do it.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
This must either be a rise from the ashes start or you didn't pick the intelligence boosting perks at the start of the game. The rewards you get from the classes and books are really bad if your starting intelligence is less than around 60 and you want at least 70 before you start reading any books. If you're not doing a rise from the ashes start, do yourself a favor and always take both brainy and gambler for the intelligence boost. Personally, I like to also take nerd for the boost to science and academics since that makes the quest you're trying to do now possible without reading any books or taking any classes.

If you are doing a rise from the ashes start then grinding out intelligence just takes a really long time. Ideally you want to get enough intelligence from carousing at dockgraves, poker, etc to get you up around 60 before taking any classes or reading any books. Having extravagant weddings over and over is a higher chance way to gain intelligence but it's $25k for each wedding and it's still only about a 20% chance. So you'll need several million dollars worth of weddings to do it.
I tried a character who was Attractive-Sharpshooter-Artisan which I combined with Dominant-Frightening just to see how it would go. Intelligence started low, but I found if your INT is that low there's more chances to increase it, something you never find out if you always go Brainy-Gambler. Within a few hundred days, maybe a year, I had INT up to 60 through various increases playing cards, playing games with Ansel and sometimes just for waking up in the morning.

I suspect if you want the best benefit in the very longest term it's arguable that starting INT doesn't matter as much due to the above. In the middle term that INT allows you to get the courses and books done at more optimal INT values quicker, but the opportunity cost might be having to craft hundreds more combat knives to get Blacksmithing and Artisan up etc.

Reactions: rain132

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I tried a character who was Attractive-Sharpshooter-Artisan which I combined with Dominant-Frightening just to see how it would go. Intelligence started low, but I found if your INT is that low there's more chances to increase it, something you never find out if you always go Brainy-Gambler. Within a few hundred days, maybe a year, I had INT up to 60 through various increases playing cards, playing games with Ansel and sometimes just for waking up in the morning.

I suspect if you want the best benefit in the very longest term it's arguable that starting INT doesn't matter as much due to the above. In the middle term that INT allows you to get the courses and books done at more optimal INT values quicker, but the opportunity cost might be having to craft hundreds more combat knives to get Blacksmithing and Artisan up etc.
Yeah I've tried similar builds where I started at low int, whether it was a rise from the ashes start or just a start where I intentionally did not take brainy or gambler. IMO, grinding int up is harder than grinding anything else up though. So the ashes start is really the only case I can see where I would not take both Brainy and Gambler.

In my current game I focused on getting a bunch of slaves asap so I could get started on training up discipline with my head maid and my slave mistress and then build a workshop on day 22 before I had any other upgrades except the healing implant. By day 25 I had the workshop fully upgraded plus the first tools upgrade so I could either have it generate $500-600 a day as a sweatshop or crank out rifles to sell or donate. That's roughly the equivalent of the investment in Roos before it's possible to make that investment and without being degraded by the dockpunks (which you can't wipe out that soon). The last 2 tools upgrades are really expensive so I plan on doing some other upgrades before those. The workshop also makes completing the Belial Guns quest trivial without needing any crafting skill and without buying anything.

Since I went with Brainy/Gambler/Nerd I can do Aisha's quest as soon as I hit 10k influence without needing any academy classes or books so if I want to I can grind my int up as high as I want before I start doing classes or books. Mai Lynn's hacking quest requires 100ish science but you can just bypass that requirement by buying the seeds if you want. Or wait however long you want to actually start her quest since the Toshi Gardens investment is a terrible return on investment.

The new Gazebo upgrade is amazing for progress with the girls. Even if you take nothing that boosts your initial charm or manipulation the gazebo can quickly boost everyone in your house to 100 happiness and decent affection with zero chance of failure. So sexing up the girls just means building a gazebo and throwing some pool parties before you start working on seduction or request sex.

Manipulate is actually not that tough to boost if you know what to do. Request sex has a chance to increase it, but the real key is to focus on explain chores and explain sex duties. Both of those options have a relatively high chance to gain manipulate (by Grim standards, so like 10% rather than 1%). So you can use that to grind manipulate up past 90 before doing any classes or books that increase it and end up with it well beyond 100 eventually.

Last edited:

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
is there a reason why I can't train a slave past a certain point in stats? I'm stuck w/ one 19yo slave that's stuck at 60 strength and 76 stamina and won't improve no matter how many times I try to train her for those stats.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
is there a reason why I can't train a slave past a certain point in stats? I'm stuck w/ one 19yo slave that's stuck at 60 strength and 76 stamina and won't improve no matter how many times I try to train her for those stats.
If I read the code right, then strenght training for girls, with petite body type, are effectively capped at 20 lower than normal and curvy, unless compensated by warrior trait (+5), brawler (+5) and very high disciplinie (40, 60 and 75 gives +5 each).

Reactions: GD-studios

MrFingers

Nov 19, 2020
Started originally focused as a mercenary/combat build and had two slaves with rifles (michelle/juno), Peasant w/ rifle, and Loren w/rifle. Cost less than $100 a day, not including using some stimpacks after some fights.

I don't remember it being too hard to regularly cycle through Watery Eye's freebooter, Celior mercs, Marston Ave mercs, and Stokke hill bandits, etc. You should be able to collect enough rifles to give you extra 30-06 ammo to keep this going for awhile. You can further supplement this with arena fights. I rarely bothered with fights outside the city.

With the latest updates, when you get good enough armor across your entire party to tank weaker enemies you can start dedicating at least one character with a combat staff to almost guarantee a male slave every fight. These guys can be sold for about $300-700 extra per fight.

Now that this run is about 500+ days in, I abuse the ammo pack mercs when I feel like doing any combat:
Aria (free) or Enya ($45) w/ Power Katana (Loren would be better /w +3 free dmg, but my Enya has about 139 melee from using her so long)
Space Marine ($260) w/ Plasma Rifle (ammo pack)
Connor ($330) w/ Plasma Rifle (ammo pack)
Mr. Doyle ($25) w/ coil gun
~$660 a day which is about one arena fight if you don't have any investments or other income streams.

Oh, also don't forget bounties. I don't think it's possible to take the actual bounty as a slave, but at 4/6 up you can start getting coilguns and plasma rifles for basically free after almost every fight (6/6 fights can rarely give two plasma guns, which is like an extra $9k). Plus whatever loot money and the bounty reward. Just remember to wrap everything up before 21:00, so you can turn in the bounty for a fresh one the next day.
Bounties will be important later when your control starts reducing the amount of bandits being respawned.
You can take the bounty target named person as a slave but I haven't seen them go for much $.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
You can take the bounty target named person as a slave but I haven't seen them go for much $.
You can only capture the bounty if it's one of the unique ones (on the left of the Town Hall screen) like Pai or Brian Calloway. Normal random bounties can't be captured, but their companions can be. Thus the one on the top will always die as opposed to being captured, but the other ones can be taken slave. You're right they seldom generate much cash though.

Last edited:

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
You can only capture the bounty if it's one of the unique ones (on the left of the Town Hall screen) like Pai or Brian Calloway. Normal random bounties can't be captured, but their companions can be. Thus the one on the top will always die as opposed to being captured, but the others ones can be taken slave. You're right they seldom generate much cash though.

Good rewards are:

- Space Marin: minimum $1,100 up to $1,800 (repeatable)
- Cultist monk: minimum $1,400 up to $2,100
- Brian: minimum $1,400 up to $2,100
- Sailor Fighter: minimum $600 up to $950 (repeatable)
- Freebooter: minimum $450 up to $600 (repeatable)
- Punk (Marston Avenue): $450 up to $600 (repeatable)
- Johanson: $450 up to $750
- Freebooter (Kaseys Park): minimum $600 up to $900
- Captains: About $600 and can reach up to $2,000 depending on the case.

IMPORTANT: cyberpunks are very difficult to capture and do not pay more than $300

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Good rewards are:

- Space Marin: minimum $1,100 up to $1,800 (repeatable)
- Cultist monk: minimum $1,400 up to $2,100
- Brian: minimum $1,400 up to $2,100
- Sailor Fighter: minimum $600 up to $950 (repeatable)
- Freebooter: minimum $450 up to $600 (repeatable)
- Punk (Marston Avenue): $450 up to $600 (repeatable)
- Johanson: $450 up to $750
- Freebooter (Kaseys Park): minimum $600 up to $900
- Captains: About $600 and can reach up to $2,000 depending on the case.

IMPORTANT: cyberpunks are very difficult to capture and do not pay more than $300
Brawlers and Soladados (sp?) are also quite lucrative, usually on the order of $800, and they're easier to capture than most.

Reactions: Fauno36
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes