Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Since we are talking quality-of-life additions, here's my suggestions, feat simple mockups made in ms paint:

1.) A page dropdown so we can go from page 1 to page 6 quicker.
View attachment 3405710
Let me call and raise you this ms paint concept drawing from a few days ago:
1709461569536.png

Obviously Juno is just a place holder and it should be the individual girls shown.

Unfortunately, I was a bit too conservative when I did it. The boxes showing that you have implant and Darmas gift should be moved to MC Inventory page to make room for page 7 and 8 and no need for page scrolling arrows.

Alternatively keep original frame size and a button to swap between page 1-4 and page 5-8.

If you click on one the girls you get to interact with her same as favorites currently works.
If you hoover mouse on one of the girls you get Name (possibly also health, stamina and assignments).
If you click on one of the page links then it is the same as clicking on NPC menu and selecting that page.

Of course everyone would go ape shit about it not being artistically pleasing... So, it needs to be toggleble as "Advanced / Classic view", so that they can later realize that they need it, after the household has gotten big and jumping around all the different pages becomes unbearable.

The left hand side of the NPC Menu itself could also benefit from a similar approach where you can toggle between current 8 pages with 8 NPCs each, or a single page for all of them, like this (and keeping the arrows to make it possible to switch between home locations or buildings):
1709466588145.png

Taking it one step further, it would also be possible to add a right click context menu on the miniature version on main page, where you could do same things as in NPC menu, without actually going into NPC menu.

The right click context menu would probably be a big and complicated job, but the other stuff would seem like a huge quality of life improvement, with "relatively" small effort.

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Not sure of that and I'm too lazy to try exploring the code for now as JS makes me ill :p

I found very few information on the arena system and the wiki is more and more out of date. Anyway I persist to think that a red message in the night report alerting when a NPC of the household is low health (for example les than 30%) would be a very good addition.

edit: after some tests, once wounded a NPC continue to loose health each night even without fighting and without any indication on why on how to change this...
As arena was my only income while I was grinding PC attributes I have no choice but to start a new game with another gameplay while there are no more informations on how exactly works the arena.
You do know that some job assignments have a high or very high risk factor indicating that you could loss health? The arena or Devious Tools have high/very high risk so the assigned npc is at risk of losing health. Just use a tendstim on them. There isn't anything work with this mechanic.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
You do know that some job assignments have a high or very high risk factor indicating that you could loss health? The arena or Devious Tools have high/very high risk so the assigned npc is at risk of losing health. Just use a tendstim on them. There isn't anything work with this mechanic.
I know that yes but here the girls loose health even when not fighting, and a lot of health. I can understand eventually that due to training they could have a low health recovery but here they loose health everyday without any fight so it makes the Arena unuseable.

Don't know if it's a balance problem or a bug but anyway it kills the Arena and Rebecca and I abandonned the use of this :)

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
What would be a true patch?
Even changing a variable would already make it a true patch.

But like I said, it will not let you have something unless you rise your daughter daddy issues first. You have to grind a bit to get oral, then a bit more, etc.

You can download it and do a diff with the original. See what's changed. First time looking at the code and took a couple of hours.
Well whatever it did it also fixed my hunter origin hunting spot in darkmere. It wasn't replenishing at all for weeks and when I used the new incest startup it started replenishing. That alone makes it worth it.
On a side note there's no longer an option for shower BJs in my game with the incest patch runnin.
I hope it didn't bork other things.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What would be a true patch?
When you go to Talk ---> Ask Something ---> Background and she does not make up a new family to tell in her background, I guess.

Well whatever it did it also fixed my hunter origin hunting spot in darkmere. It wasn't replenishing at all for weeks and when I used the new incest startup it started replenishing. That alone makes it worth it.
On a side note there's no longer an option for shower BJs in my game with the incest patch runnin.
I hope it didn't bork other things.
I assume the start_game.html he edited is 0.8.3e's start_game, which fixed that issue.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Some words about balancing issues in the current version.

BALANCING WORKSHOPS

Let´s talk first about the workshops. Workshops are the real cash cow in this version. You build one or more of them in your yard, assign one of your servants (High intelligence its best) as foreman, and up to 10 slaves as workers (High discipline work best) and they allow you to scrap merchandise, to work as a sweatshop and give you some money or put it to manufacture and it gives you build points that you can use to build things and sell them on the market.

The most profitable items to build are knives, that gives you 4$ of profit per build point right on the market or rifles, that sold overseas gives you 5$ of profit (discounting the cost of raw materials). Some numbers, with a workshop with a 65 INT foreman and a crew with average Discipline of 40

Basic Workshop: 35.000$ of investment, 810 Build points, 4.500$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 225$
With floor and tools with upgrade 1: +20.000$, 1350 points or 6750$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 548$
With floor and tools with upgrade 2:+100.000$, 2750 points or 13750$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 828$
With tools upgrade 3: + 200.000: 4268 points or 20.350$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 1350$.

The imbalance don´t came from a gameplay experience. In my run of 120 days I still have plenty of things to buy and upgrade. The imbalance come from a contradiction with the rest of the lore of the world. Thinks lack consistency.

First of all, the difference between Manufacture and Sweatshop. Yes, sure, building combat relate gear should be more profitable that building generic things, and also you need to care about going to buy raw materials, and going to sell your rifles. But should not be 15 to 20 times more profitable.

And second, the numbers don´t fit with the rest of the word build. With the very basic workshop you can hire Ayden, put him to work in a workshop and still you get a profit. A full professor in the Academy earns 110$. Hell, I can pay to my workers twice (with the very basic workshop) and still make a lot of profit!!.

There are, IMHO a need to fine tuning and balancing here.

Last edited:

Klaabu

Feb 19, 2019
I got weird save today - loc Emerald city - slave market, every time i load it - its stormchild- only name, age and stats a different, is it bug or something?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Some words about balancing issues in the current version.

BALANCING WORKSHOPS

Let´s talk first about the workshops. Workshops are the real cash cow in this version. You build one or more of them in your yard, assign one of your servants (High intelligence its best) as foreman, and up to 10 slaves as workers (High discipline work best) and they allow you to scrap merchandise, to work as a sweatshop and give you some money or put it to manufacture and it gives you build points that you can use to build things and sell them on the market.

The most profitable items to build are knives, that gives you 4$ of profit per build point right on the market or rifles, that sold overseas gives you 5$ of profit (discounting the cost of raw materials). Some numbers, with a workshop with a 65 INT foreman and a crew with average Discipline of 40

Basic Workshop: 35.000$ of investment, 810 Build points, 4.500$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 225$
With floor and tools with upgrade 1: +10.000$, 1350 points or 6750$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 548$
With floor and tools with upgrade 2:+100.000$, 2750 points or 13750$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 828$
With tools upgrade 3: + 200.000: 4268 points or 20.350$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 1350$.

The imbalance don´t came from a gameplay experience. In my run of 120 days I still have plenty of things to buy and upgrade. The imbalance come from a contradiction with the rest of the lore of the world. Thinks lack consistency.

First of all, the difference between Manufacture and Sweatshop. Yes, sure, building combat relate gear should be more profitable that building generic things, and also you need to care about going to buy raw materials, and going to sell your rifles. But should not be 15 to 20 times more profitable.

And second, the numbers don´t fit with the rest of the word build. With the very basic workshop you can hire Ayden, put him to work in a workshop and still you get a profit. A full professor in the Academy earns 110$. Hell, I can pay to my workers twice (with the very basic workshop) and still make a lot of profit!!.

There are, IMHO a need to fine tuning and balancing here.
The basic workshop isn't so badly unbalanced. It is "only" $409 per NPC. If you compare that to a single NPC with practically no effort making ~$2000 per day at the arena, then it is actually a bit low considering the cost and effort involed in setting it up.

But if we ignore the Arena... On planet earth there would labor unions and taxes to make sure that productivity increase doesn't scale linearily like this.

And it wouldn't be very fun to build stuff alone as mc if profit per build point was $0.5.

Maybe the solution would be to add an industrial faction / guild who force you to pay a huge percentage, making workshops less profitable? Or just add a significant penalty for machine and equipment wear?

Slaves being very inefficient builders could also be a solution.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
The basic workshop isn't so badly unbalanced. It is "only" $409 per NPC. If you compare that to a single NPC with practically no effort making ~$2000 per day at the arena, then it is actually a bit low considering the cost and effort involed in setting it up.

But if we ignore the Arena... On planet earth there would labor unions and taxes to make sure that productivity increase doesn't scale linearily like this.

And it wouldn't be very fun to build stuff alone as mc if profit per build point was $0.5.

Maybe the solution would be to add an industrial faction / guild who force you to pay a huge percentage, making workshops less profitable? Or just add a significant penalty for machine and equipment wear?

Slaves being very inefficient builders could also be a solution.

Adding a form of income tax is something I've pondered about (easy solution) - or build a market saturation framework (advanced solution).

Selling 10,000 rifles, for instance, would saturate the rifle market for several weeks, forcing the player to focus on different manufacturing until rifles are back in demand.

Osso

Apr 30, 2017
Any help plz
And were is "AMBER MALL" i cant see it because I am missing something or there is a bug ? ( can´t make the quest "A Hundred Guns" :(
1709476732400.png

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Adding a form of income tax is something I've pondered about (easy solution) - or build a market saturation framework (advanced solution).

Selling 10,000 rifles, for instance, would saturate the rifle market for several weeks, forcing the player to focus on different manufacturing until rifles are back in demand.
I can also be done smoothly by reducing the prices depending on the quantities sold the previous weeks but perhaps it's more work and datas.

Anyway the more the sandbox mode is good the harder it is to balance so good luck :)

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I know that yes but here the girls loose health even when not fighting, and a lot of health. I can understand eventually that due to training they could have a low health recovery but here they loose health everyday without any fight so it makes the Arena unuseable.

Don't know if it's a balance problem or a bug but anyway it kills the Arena and Rebecca and I abandonned the use of this :)
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, the risk is not in the fighting it's just in the training, i.e. just her being there will have a chance of losing health. You can heal her with a tendstim or it will happen on its own if the chance to lose health doesn't happen. But, I get it, you're not happy with that and think it's borked. When I use the arena and want them to fight and they have some health loss I just heal them and do the fight, but that's me.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, the risk is not in the fighting it's just in the training, i.e. just her being there will have a chance of losing health. You can heal her with a tendstim or it will happen on its own if the chance to lose health doesn't happen. But, I get it, you're not happy with that and think it's borked. When I use the arena and want them to fight and they have some health loss I just heal them and do the fight, but that's me.
Ok, I understand, so I just missunderstood how it works, I was surprised because the girls die in very few days in the Arena even if not fighting and in easy mode, I suppose they are one-shooted during the night in hard mode :D

The lack of documentation don't help.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Making 2000 in the arena means that you are able to defeat the best of the best combatants in an spectacle that it´s watched live by thousands of people and by Ensys by hundred of thousands. You are the Raanic equivalent of Lebron James or Steph Curry

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
That´s could be an elegant solution, yes.

The number of saturation could be fairly low, after all Ikanos Colony have a population of only 1.250.000 habs. USA have 330M habs and the total production of guns of all types (Rifles, handguns, shotguns) it´s, give or take, 10M anualy or 800.000 monthly.

Scaling by population, the equivalent or 800.000 guns of all types in USA in a month would be 3.300 guns in a month in Ikanos. Two Improved One workshops (35.000$+10.000$+10.000$) can pour 1.000 guns in a month easily, and that´s an 30% increase in all firearms and may be doubling the production of rifles.

Reactions: GD-studios
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes