Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
That´s could be an elegant solution, yes.

The number of saturation could be fairly low, after all Ikanos Colony have a population of only 1.250.000 habs. USA have 330M habs and the total production of guns of all types (Rifles, handguns, shotguns) it´s, give or take, 10M anualy or 800.000 monthly.

Scaling by population, the equivalent or 800.000 guns of all types in USA in a month would be 3.300 guns in a month in Ikanos. Two Improved One workshops (35.000$+10.000$+10.000$) can pour 1.000 guns in a month easily, and that´s an 30% increase in all firearms and may be doubling the production of rifles.
Maybe need to consider that the need for guns is significantly bigger in Ikanos due to violence? On the other hand there are of course competitors to consider as well. But it still gets weird to use USA as baseline.

Reactions: Warscared

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Maybe need to consider that the need for guns is significantly bigger in Ikanos due to violence? On the other hand there are of course competitors to consider as well. But it still gets weird to use USA as baseline.
I have used USA as a baseline because it´s a country with lots of guns in hands of the public and a country that it´s easy to get data about. Yes, for sure should be more accurate to put a baseline about the number of guns sold in a failed state with an endemic low intensity civil war between several factions. But hey!, my deep research of 2 minutes on google was fruitless...

You are right. Violence it´s a factor greater in Raana that in USA. But fashion, hobby or collecting are less important in Raana that in USA. And also the average men in Raana is a loot poorer that the average men in US, and he may perfectly want to get a gun but will be a lot harder for him to afford it. Lot of differences from one place and other, for sure, and it´s not an easy task decide which factors should be taken into account, and how to weight them.

I just have thrown some data over the board and made a comparison based in only one factor (a major one), population. If you take in account other factors you can correct my figure of "3.000 guns per month produced in Ikaros" up or down. But I believe that it would be hard to get a 300 or 30.000 figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seamonkey

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Adding a form of income tax is something I've pondered about (easy solution) - or build a market saturation framework (advanced solution).

Selling 10,000 rifles, for instance, would saturate the rifle market for several weeks, forcing the player to focus on different manufacturing until rifles are back in demand.
AND WHAT GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO STEAL THAT MONEY FROM ME?
fucking commies always running out of others people money!
well i am arming all my people with automatic rifles and i wanna see how they are going to enforce those taxes on me!
if they try to pry it from my cold dead hands there won´t be any future money to be had
(i mean my guards cause fuck it, i am willing to sacrifice them for money but not my own life...)
not to mention that a raid against me will cost them greatly in terms of soldiers ammunition and equipment!
Considering how much they payed for the northern mercenaries
just loosing 1 of those soldiers nullifies what they can scrap from the rubles of my household!
so all i can say to whoever thinks is the government is for them to stick those taxes between their 2 moons!
(seriously... the name of the religion is the 2 moons and nobody made a joke about the black hole between the 2 moons?)
That´s could be an elegant solution, yes.

The number of saturation could be fairly low, after all Ikanos Colony have a population of only 1.250.000 habs. USA have 330M habs and the total production of guns of all types (Rifles, handguns, shotguns) it´s, give or take, 10M anualy or 800.000 monthly.

Scaling by population, the equivalent or 800.000 guns of all types in USA in a month would be 3.300 guns in a month in Ikanos. Two Improved One workshops (35.000$+10.000$+10.000$) can pour 1.000 guns in a month easily, and that´s an 30% increase in all firearms and may be doubling the production of rifles.
yeah well guns in the USA currently is of better quality cause its not slaves building them...
so they are suposed to last longer.... well considering the pay the living standards and the lack of rights...
nope still not slavery... furthermore in Ikanos the tear and wear should be much worse...
even the freaking enviroment is out to get you....
so check the wear and tear in desert enviroment and then double that amount for weapon usage...
they are not using crossbows and swords cause its cool...
they use them cause weapons are not trully reliable and probably tend to jam and corrode pretty fast!

Refusing to pay will spawn a tax collector with heavy leather armor. You have been warned.
good now allow me to buy a few strap on´s for my top 5 gladiatrix´s and unleash them on that tax collector...
lets see how long that heavy leather armor can withstand a 117 melee expert with 95 dexterity,
i mean with the suport of 5 plasma guns from my top warriors and the other really strong gun for the rest of my fortified household!

taxation is theft... wtf does the goverment provide to justify those taxs? i have to keep redheaven secured with my own forces...
i pay 60$ a day per student for schooling my younger ones, fuck i had to dig a well they do not even provide clean water!
i cleared the swamps and several other areas of bandits while the soldiers scratch their balls in their fort ...

Last edited:

RobertoSuarez

Nov 19, 2023
In a world which is harsh, corrupted and focused on slavery I can't see any link between incest and a carebear "daddy issue" and can't really see why a daughter have to be managed in an other way than any forced slave in the household and surely not by introducing any new usage of any trait, there are so many attributes and variables useable for this...

It's better to have no access to a feature than to create "fake access" breaking the immersion.
In my mind it absolutely does not break the immersion, but immersion means different things for different people (there are a lot of things in game that can break immersion: like winning a fight and getting just one gun or even none, being able to capture only 1 slave at a time, etc. -- these are subtleties but are needed for balancing the game).

I would think you can do whatever you want with a slave's daughter (that's easily done by just removing the checks before sex). Same as you could do whatever you want with a slave, and yet, sometimes you get denied sex.

I wanted to do something more grindy and in line with the rest of the game (but at the same time not to lose a lot of time coding inside what I consider to be spaghetti code). You'll do your pro decadency speaches, will talk and say to her that she's sexy, will start seduction and give her some kisses, and you'll get her to accept a blowie. Get her to do that a couple of times, and she will accept anal, but still be affraid of getting pregnant. Normalize that and ger her to cum several times and she'll eventually accept vaginal too.

But anyway, if it does break immersion for you... just don't download my patch :)

It also breaks the immersion that in a world with slavery, killing, rape, etc. you're too worried about banging a 17 year old chick, when you can do so legally today in most of the world (historically, this would be once she gets her period). I get it, this one is on Patreon.

When you go to Talk ---> Ask Something ---> Background and she does not make up a new family to tell in her background, I guess
Oh, I haven't tried, but my guess is that she will still say she's your daughter. I didn't remove the variable, I just changed what it makes you able to have sex with her in the sense that if she's your daughter you need to grind a little. I was going to add an incestuous trait but decided against it because I didn't know if I could pull it off and decided to go for the daddy issues trait approach.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I have used USA as a baseline because it´s a country with lots of guns in hands of the public and a country that it´s easy to get data about. Yes, for sure should be more accurate to put a baseline about the number of guns sold in a failed state with an endemic low intensity civil war between several factions. But hey!, my deep research of 2 minutes on google was fruitless...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any comparison between a gameplay and the IRL or any try to be too "realistic" is always inadequate and if used to try to balance the game it will conduct directly the dev to an asylum.

Except in the mass of money makers with 2 attributes and 3 features, so as soon as a game begin to gain some complexity and to offer the player enough choices, the only way to balance a game is "internally" with a complete abstract on any reference of the real world (which by the way is far to be the same for everybody).

Here there is an universe with depth, enough features to permit some sandboxing, and a solid way of dev. The most (only?) important objective must be to balance the carreers.
- How much must I invest to be autonomous as a slave catcher/trader, to be a perfect scientist or to be the master of trade in Ikaanos?
- How long will it need to amortize the investments

If a carreer is out of bonds compared to the others the balancing is done by modifying a setting that don't influence the others, if possible...

It is a long, long work, generally done when the dev is almost finished :)

caju

Oct 5, 2017
I have my Redhaven fort full of heavily trained, heavily armed women.
I have my swamp fort full of hundreds of well trained people led by a woman who wants my D
And I have the laeder of the resistance forces as my loving slave (Aria)

I am NOT paying taxes!

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I have my Redhaven fort full of heavily trained, heavily armed women.
I have my swamp fort full of hundreds of well trained people led by a woman who wants my D
And I have the laeder of the resistance forces as my loving slave (Aria)

I am NOT paying taxes!
I am sorry to be the one to have to inform but unless you follow the Two Moons, you already pay taxes. You are subject to a property tax as a landholder, as can be seen under your expenses.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
In my mind it absolutely does not break the immersion, but immersion means different things for different people (there are a lot of things in game that can break immersion: like winning a fight and getting just one gun or even none, being able to capture only 1 slave at a time, etc. -- these are subtleties but are needed for balancing the game).[spolier]

I would think you can do whatever you want with a slave's daughter (that's easily done by just removing the checks before sex). Same as you could do whatever you want with a slave, and yet, sometimes you get denied sex.

I wanted to do something more grindy and in line with the rest of the game (but at the same time not to lose a lot of time coding inside what I consider to be spaghetti code). You'll do your pro decadency speaches, will talk and say to her that she's sexy, will start seduction and give her some kisses, and you'll get her to accept a blowie. Get her to do that a couple of times, and she will accept anal, but still be affraid of getting pregnant. Normalize that and ger her to cum several times and she'll eventually accept vaginal too.

But anyway, if it does break immersion for you... just don't download my patch :)

It also breaks the immersion that in a world with slavery, killing, rape, etc. you're too worried about banging a 17 year old chick, when you can do so legally today in most of the world (historically, this would be once she gets her period). I get it, this one is on Patreon.

Oh, I haven't tried, but my guess is that she will still say she's your daughter. I didn't remove the variable, I just changed what it makes you able to have sex with her in the sense that if she's your daughter you need to grind a little. I was going to add an incestuous trait but decided against it because I didn't know if I could pull it off and decided to go for the daddy issues trait approach.[/spoiler]
The general idea of my answer was that the current handling of the other people and the number of ways to manipulate them with enough efficiency can be applyed to the daughter without adding one more layer of grinding, technically it was not really a matter of immersion, but anyway you are free to do as you feels :)

For example augmenting the floor values permitting to have sex could be enough.

Thanks to allow me to not use the patch ;)

caju

Oct 5, 2017
I am sorry to be the one to have to inform but unless you follow the Two Moons, you already pay taxes. You are subject to a property tax as a landholder, as can be seen under your expenses.
Property tax is to be expected.
They are talking sales tax on weapons and other goods I produce at my factory.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Property tax is to be expected.
They are talking sales tax on weapons and other goods I produce at my factory.
Sorry, didn't consider that the person who is talking about leveraging their private militia against the government would be cool with a property tax but object to a sales tax. Fair enough.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Sorry, didn't consider that the person who is talking about leveraging their private militia against the government would be cool with a property tax but object to a sales tax. Fair enough.
Property tax is never more than $50
When I sell 100 auto rifles, at 1% thats $120.
Next, they will want to tax prostitution income, then arena winnings...
No, Im drawing a line. I have an army. I am willing to use them.
And that mastersphere has been losing durability. It's lost 4 points already.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Property tax is never more than $50
When I sell 100 auto rifles, at 1% thats $120.
Next, they will want to tax prostitution income, then arena winnings...
No, Im drawing a line. I have an army. I am willing to use them.
And that mastersphere has been losing durability. It's lost 4 points already.
Are you sure about it never being more than 50? Because my character loses 60 a day in property tax. Your right that it doesn't amount to much though either way though.

Reactions: caju

rndmann

Feb 11, 2019
BUG: Despite what says, it seems that you can't increase your slave's (61 INT) administration skill neither by assigning her to accountant job nor by fully upgrading your office.

loranleung

Oct 23, 2021
Version 0.8.0.2 has been released!

Download.

This is a major release with a ton of content. In addition to 145+ new renders (the Tier2+ slave's image archive is now complete, and most of Rebecca's renders are done) you're now able to visit several new jungle locations, fight adult charucks, take a bondage course at Devious Tools and enjoy Rebecca's and Caitlin's fully rendered character quests.

Release notes:
Version 0.8.0.2 has been released!

Download.

This is a major release with a ton of content. In addition to 145+ new renders (the Tier2+ slave's image archive is now complete, and most of Rebecca's renders are done) you're now able to visit several new jungle locations, fight adult charucks, take a bondage course at Devious Tools and enjoy Rebecca's and Caitlin's fully rendered character quests.

Release notes:
'"
1709503560121.png how to finish the quest "The Blind Hunt"?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes