Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Then did you by chance use the v8.3 start_game.html with a game, which was created in an earlier version? And then did load that game in v8.3 and where you did load a savegame outside of your home. And therefor did not see the "patch" button after loading and therefor did not patch your savegame to v8.3?

Because I only get a similiar screen after clicking on the household button, if I load an old savegame (from an older version) and then do not press the "patch button" otherwise I will get the other household view (and not your view). And then you will usually only see the "patch" button, if you load a savegame from inside your home.

Edit: It is not enough for old savegames (pre v8.3) to just switch the start_game.html, but you also need to patch the game and your screenshot does indicate that you did either not patch or at least did not do all patch iterations.
Lol, none of the above, the last time I played was version 0.7.something which I think was over a year ago and I started a fresh game. I'll download .3h and see does it play differently. Anyway thank you for trying ;)

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
Lol, none of the above, the last time I played was version 0.7.something which I think was over a year ago and I started a fresh game. I'll download .3h and see does it play differently. Anyway thank you for trying ;)
I did an web image search and found a UI that looks like yours: for v0.8.1...
(Did you install the newest version over an older version? Maybe that didn't quite work?)
Anyway, start with a fresh v0.8.3h; hopefully you will have a better experience.
Let us know.

Reactions: Nellyg

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
I did an web image search and found a UI that looks like yours: for v0.8.1...
(Did you install the newest version over an older version? Maybe that didn't quite work?)
Anyway, start with a fresh v0.8.3h; hopefully you will have a better experience.
Let us know.
Yes it's fixed, I downloaded the .3h and when I went to save all the old saves were there. I must have loaded one of them up by accident last time.
Anyway, my new version is working perfectly, the old saves are in the Bin and now its time to lock & load.....And start all over again. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: LizJ

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
There are any way to download older versions of the game? I feel curious to see how was the game let´s say in 6.3.1 (the first version named on the wiki

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
There are any way to download older versions of the game? I feel curious to see how was the game let´s say in 6.3.1 (the first version named on the wiki
Try searching his discord, I remember Grim posting a link to the earliest or one of the earliest versions.

Reactions: GD-studios

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Try searching his discord, I remember Grim posting a link to the earliest or one of the earliest versions.
I find it in itch.io, from 6.3.1 onwards

But if you try to download, you are send to the last version.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What is Health +1: 92%?

What is that 2% doing in there?

I thought health +1 increments in 10s. 10% -> 20% -> 30% etc which culminates at +1 health at 100% then it resets back to 0%?

I had a math goal. My sons from 25 health to 150 health. With two sessions per day, I can get them +1 health in 5 days. So I can cover 125 health gain in 625 in-game days. Or at least grab them 100 total health, which should take 375 in-game days. But then that 2% threw me for a loop..

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
New NPC creation lacks "likeoral", "likepussy", and "likeanal", due to them missing in AvToNew <<set _npc.likexxxxx = $likexxxxx>>.
Question for anyone who knows, are these variables being phased out? They are still referenced all over, which is kind of a problem since it seems to add to av_npc active, but not to the individual npc disposition values for the ones that have them. Anyone experiencing the same phenomenon?

Last edited:

rndmann

Feb 11, 2019
BUG?: I got lucky and somehow obtained a virgin Rosita, even though she is a prostitute (I assume this was because of a lucky roll, and her virginity shouldn't be determined by a roll in her case).

Edit: OK, this is weird, but I wonder if the chance of being a virgin is affected by something other than a random roll, a slave's background, or a specific mention in that particular slave's code, like corruption or control levels of the city or your influence points, etc. Because when the new update first came out, I tried to start a new game as an expert slaver, and Adora wasn't a virgin. I also tried to buy her from the slave market after loading my old save; she wasn't a virgin there either. Then I continued playing from my old save for a few days and tried to buy Adora again, and she was suddenly a virgin. I still can't figure out why. Maybe Rosita was affected by the same thing as well? And I'm sure I sold a virgin Urchin, which previously wasn't virgin (I made a very minor tweak to the code (virroll), so these aren't because of my luck with rolls).

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Speaking of virgins, one of my production workers is one and I assigned her to Enya as her slave mistress. Enya increases sexual skills but would not use her assigned slaves sexually so I get a 20 copulation skill virgin. I wonder how much she would sell if she has 100 sexual skills across the board and is still a virgin.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Switch to version 8.3h, in that version I can only find in lines 307469-307471 and 307483 variables which end on "likeanal", "likeoral" and "likepussy" and are not commented out other occurances are commented out (and the above occurances are basically harmless and only set the variables, which are not used anywhere, so it is only more or less "dead code").

ps. And afair it was already noticed end of last week or during the weekend (look a couple of pages back in this thread).
This is valid for 8.3h as well. They are referenced, as before, in the engines that determine success for these sexual activities in the game, so I don't get what you mean by they aren't used anywhere.

Vulpas

Feb 16, 2021
Huh, maybe my version is busted by freezing aging seems to be broken for everyone but the MC when it used to effect everyone, anyone know how to edit that back down?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Huh, maybe my version is busted by freezing aging seems to be broken for everyone but the MC when it used to effect everyone, anyone know how to edit that back down?
They changed it... you have to buy anti-age potion now
It lasts for 1 year in-game

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Both the like.xxx bug and some odd virgin behavior have been fixed in 0.8.3.1. Along with several other issues. ;)

That version goes into Alpha on Tuesday with the new Event engine. Public by late March or first days of April.

O831 also includes "yard" slots outside the house, on the Redhaven map, with a new house type (Tavern), and the code for a functioning male slavery framework.

Male av-types are going to be pretty limited at first but you will be able to add "Punk", "Space Hulk", "Highwayman" and all the other champs to your household.

In order to avoid cramming your jail cells, there's also going to be an extra holding facilty yard building that can house (and slowly pacify) 10 captives at once.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Alright guys I got to the point where through investing in businesses I have an income of around 1100 a day. I am encountering upgrades that cost millions like the final upgrade I need for Piper's new office.
Someone please explain to me how to make the big bucks in this game! I'm not interested in cheating through console commands etc.
Please explain it to me like I'm retarded (Because this game makes me feel like I am).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes